News

Genevieve Nnaji, Agbani Darego, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Jackie Appiah & Leila Lopes are among Glitz Africa Magazine’s 20 Most Beautiful Women in Africa List

BellaNaija.com

Genevieve Nnaji - November 2013 - BellaNaija 02 (2)

A round of applause for the most beautiful women in Africa.

Yesterday Glitz Africa Magazine unveiled its 2013 Fashionista issue with Big Brother Africa stars; Vimbai, Barbz and Zainab on the cover. (click here to see).

Inside the issue, they profiled the 20 Most Beautiful Women in Africa.

Glitz Africa Magazine - Most Beautiful Women in Africa  - December 2013 - BellaNaija (1)

In no particular order, they include;
Leila Lopes (Angola)
Vimbai Mutinhiri (Zimbabwe)
Oluchi Orlandi (Nigeria)
Yvonne Nelson (Ghana)
Dillish Mathews (Namibia)
Agbani Darego (Nigeria)
Tiwa Savage (Nigeria)
Stephanie Linus (Nigeria)
Genevieve Nnaji (Nigeria)
Joselyn Dumas (Ghana)
Yvonne Okoro (Ghana)
Jackie Appiah (Ghana)
Millen Magese (Tanzania)

Glitz Africa Magazine - Most Beautiful Women in Africa  - December 2013 - BellaNaija (2)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde (Nigeria)
Zainab Sheriff (Sierra Leone)
Naa Okailey Shooter (Ghana)
Nadia Buari (Ghana)
Lerato “Lira” Molapo (South Africa)
Babalwa “Barbz” Mneno (South Africa)
Elham Wagdi (Egypt)

Who is missing?
Who to you is the most beautiful woman in Africa?
Let us know!

1. Hurperyearmie

December 19, 2013 at 8:45 am

issorait

• Ujubaby

December 23, 2013 at 4:32 pm

I’d prefer if they said most beautiful African celebrities. I’m not in that category, but I’m African, and no woman on that list is more beautiful than myself, my sisters, my mum, and a few of my friends who happen to be Africans as well!!!

• hob

January 2, 2014 at 9:51 am

You are so right. I don’t like the generality. There are far more beautiful Nigeria women I know that with or without makeup they are super beautiful. So most beautiful African Celebrities would have been a better heading.

2. Tobe

December 19, 2013 at 8:47 am

How is Yvonne Nelson Beautiful??? Its a no…no…for me!

• mama mia!!!

December 19, 2013 at 9:34 am

Thank you jare… yvonne Okoro anyday over the overrated nelson…

• nene

December 19, 2013 at 1:59 pm

my dear oh. yvonne nelson ke? yvonne okoro should be there.

3. Pweetygirlrock

December 19, 2013 at 8:56 am

6 Nigerians… Whoop whoop! We hot. Congratulations to them!

4. Luv .O.

December 19, 2013 at 9:02 am

hmmmmm. Dillish looks good on that Pose thou

5. Camron

December 19, 2013 at 9:04 am

hmmmmm Vimbai????????????????????????

• meg

December 19, 2013 at 11:23 am

As in eh.. Vimbai beautiful? Ok.

6. JEWELZ

December 19, 2013 at 9:06 am

Where is Kenya?? I dont agree with some of those chosen honestly

• jcsgrl

December 19, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Nnee ehn I wonder o! East Africa (Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania) has some very beautiful girls and they are not represented here. How can naija have almost 40% of the list? We are the most populous country in africa but other nations exist naa. Anyway, I’m guessing the Glitz mag people are Nigerians.

• tee tee

April 3, 2014 at 1:22 pm

I am Nigerian and this list is missing some others. But from the east, why the heck is Lupita not on this list? Smh

7. SS

December 19, 2013 at 9:14 am

well said… all our divas in africa…………some pple left out sha

8. Chum chum

December 19, 2013 at 9:14 am

Which one is most beautiful again. So Vimbai is among hmmmm its a big lie no matter the criteria Vimbai should not make it because character wise its 0, i don’t want to talk about physical.

• Lesego

December 24, 2013 at 11:50 am

I don’t think Vimbai and Babalwa Mneno should have made the cut. They just don’t qualify.

9. ruly

December 19, 2013 at 9:15 am

LOL! so many, 20 most beautiful women of Africa, are you kidding me? how many African’s country did u visit? what is the classification based on? If you added the 20 MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN SHOW BIZ I will understand.
    Am disgusted by this article.
    congrats to those who made it….

• Amaka

December 28, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Very disgusted, especially by adding Tiwa Savage to that list, who told her that she is beautiful? She just has a very good make up artist, thats all!

• Amaka

December 28, 2013 at 7:47 pm

10. Bukky

December 19, 2013 at 9:16 am

OMOSEXY! Whoop whoop! Before Nko? Only mother of 4 on the whole list still Repoing Africa big time! You the best love!

• ILoveGenevieve

December 19, 2013 at 10:38 am

Google her often next year, she needs to make that list!

• Bukky

December 19, 2013 at 11:03 am

Shut up and go get a life! Google won’t put you ahead of life she got all the RIGHT and NEEDED boxes ticked! Your pain gon kill you! Omotola is king!

• ILoveGenevieve

December 19, 2013 at 11:21 am

Go get a life? Ain’t that what you and Omotola need to practise and quit venturing off into the desperate ridiculous from time to time? Lmao!

• Donald-Landon

December 19, 2013 at 1:40 pm

You are the one that really needs to chill because you seem to be the one on the attack spree. You lash out at any comment that shows any form of support or like for Omotola every time. You don’t see her posing on the red carpet week after week like some other celebs. Neither do you see her splashing monetary items or designer wears with their prices on Instagram. She is one of the few women in Nollywood that has been able to have their career and family without unnecessary scandals following her around. What is wrong with admiring someone like her when the opposite is the order of the day in the Nigerian entertainment industry.

• ILoveGenevieve

December 19, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Goodness, all I asked is you fans google her often so she makes that list next year …. where is all this actual attacks coming from? You speak about Genevieve’s display of priced possession on instagram but neglect the fact that Omotola has a photographer that always snaps her sexy (sic) priced possession. Haven’t been paying attention, have you? Or just looking for an in to be snarky? I do not share the enthusiasm of family and career, so take that else where ….preferably the blazing sun.

• Donald-Landon

December 19, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Did you see me mention Genevieve. That is how you start the whole comparing war. I actually like and admire both women and the uniqueness they both bring to the table.

11. Bukky

December 19, 2013 at 9:18 am

Repping… These damn auto correct! Seasons greetings Bella Naijarians! Yah coming to Naija in a few days time! Can’t wait! Yah

12. anonymous

December 19, 2013 at 9:25 am

please im soo pissed with this list.all dese women except dillish,geneveive,agbani,stephanie have no business being here…….if u put sll dese ppl wt happened to adaeze yobo.. mtcheeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• nene

December 19, 2013 at 2:00 pm

who? smh

• jcsgrl

December 19, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Chai this girl you’re mean shaa but I love you though 🙂

• LL

December 19, 2013 at 6:16 pm

are you Adaeze Yobo?

13. mama mia!!!

December 19, 2013 at 9:47 am

But wait o, so they did mention all the Ghanaian actresses but, left out Rita Dominic and Kate Henshaw of Nigeria? Pulease!!! Plus, vimbai’s name on that list is an insult to the other names above honestly!!!

14. Bella

December 19, 2013 at 9:56 am

jokers mxm

15. Blossom

December 19, 2013 at 10:06 am

Please who is Glitz Africa?

16. Candy

December 19, 2013 at 10:53 am

Which Vimbai are they talking about na? If someone must represent Zimbabwe it should be Maneta or Pokello and I didn’t see Rita Dominic’s name there oh

17. Thelma

December 19, 2013 at 10:59 am

20 most beautiful women in Africa my foot. just say 20 most beautiful in the show biz. and some of them are not even beautiful they are just normal like us. Please do your research well before coming up with anything glitz or whatever u called. im not impressed.

18. Donna

December 19, 2013 at 11:13 am

Where is rita dominic, where is adaeze yobo, where is pokello nare, where is toolz oniru. What is that No 1 busy body Vimbai doing there? Why am i not there? Because am not on tv twisting my tongue and looking stupid and desperate for fame in front of africa???

19. agbeke

December 19, 2013 at 11:23 am

beautiful koo beautiful ni!!! What is the yardstick? some face beat up and some air brushing! maybe in the world of showbiz sha. but Vimbai should not be on that list abeg.

20. Modella

December 19, 2013 at 11:40 am

I agree with all the choices..But would have love to see Ezeenna(miss nig) or so,not so sure about the name..

21. khoryin

December 19, 2013 at 11:59 am

Who else is missing?? ME!! Lmao

22. Just saying...

December 19, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Most beautiful in showbiz u meant to say , abi?
    Come and check out our aso-ebi Bella and u’ll see beautiful. Ladies in naija alone

Even d celebrities here no complete, where is dat akinnifesi babe(mbgn), dat rapper chic h(mbgn too), our ‘darlyn’ Toke nko (u’ll agree she looked good in dat psquare wedding ‘pissure’

23. LOVETH

December 19, 2013 at 12:50 pm

My baby leila lopes is number 1 she fine pass all the women on that list. Genny baby too representing.

24. new bride

December 19, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Obviously, they’re copying People Magazine’s ‘most beautiful’ issue.

25. Mademoiselle

December 19, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Please, where’s this magazine based?? CHIDINMMA is missing on this list!!! That lady is as cute as a button, otherwise, great compilation methinks..

26. merci

December 19, 2013 at 1:41 pm

love the list.

27. Ade

December 19, 2013 at 1:58 pm

THE TITLE IS WRONG, THEY SHOULD HAVE WRITTEN IT AS- MOST BEAUTIFUL CELEBRITIES IN AFRICA, BECAUSE THE REAL AFRICAN BEAUTIES ARE NOT HERE!!!!!!!

28. Uju Lilian Ikegbune

December 19, 2013 at 1:58 pm

very beautiful women, i guess i am missing *winks*

29. Donald-Landon

December 19, 2013 at 2:06 pm

The list should be renamed most beautiful celebrities in the entertainment industry in Africa. There are tons of other prettier women that are not in media or entertainment industry.

30. Missy

December 19, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I guess the voters are of west african origin because southern africa (zimbabwe, S.A namely), have a bevy of beautiful women to offer and Vimbai is not amongst them.. She is alrriiiigghhht but thats it! I guess this beauty thing is relative….

31. lily

December 19, 2013 at 2:29 pm

iam happy Jackie, genny and omotola made the list.

• ejuma

December 19, 2013 at 3:01 pm

me 2 i am happ for jackie nd yvonne okoro 2

32. ejuma

December 19, 2013 at 3:01 pm

me 2 i am happ for jackie nd yvonne okoro 2

33. sibongile ngoma

December 19, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Lizha James(Mozanbique),Moneoa (South Africa),Bonang Matheba South Africa and Me,just because im not famous doesnt mean im not beautiful,lol.kidding!!!

34. glory

December 19, 2013 at 3:33 pm

this is really really stupid,stupid article.when did vimbai become beautiful?and where is the rest of Africa?

35. nonhle

December 19, 2013 at 6:07 pm

lmao these ghanaians make me laugh…..the magazine is obviously ghanaian…..stick in 6 ghanaians 6 nigerians n voila u have your list wat a joke………come to southern africa and see beautiful women

36. nonhle

December 19, 2013 at 6:11 pm

the nigerians i can understand they are always that many on any list bcos of the population but having 40% of an african list coming from ghana when south africa and east africa are still part of africa…delusion

37. nonhle

December 19, 2013 at 6:12 pm

I’ve done my research and [email protected] found out that its a ghanaian magazine….says it all…i was right all along

• Lara

December 23, 2013 at 3:43 am

Yes we agree You have beautiful women in Southern Africa…but as long as Nigerian women still exist, ya’ll would still be second best. #justsaying

• Amaka

December 28, 2013 at 7:52 pm

looooool, thats all I can say, loooooool,

38. chigirl

December 19, 2013 at 6:30 pm

toke makinwa *tongue out*

39. kelliss

December 19, 2013 at 7:05 pm

hahahah tonto is somewhere crying hahahahah

• observer

December 22, 2013 at 12:04 am

U r making me laugh my heart out……

40. babiousblog

December 20, 2013 at 2:45 pm

you guys need to take a chill pill. Genny n OmoT made d list. And those complaining of the title. When other foreign magazines name theirs,dy dnt name,d hollywood,showbiz ,bollywood or wat nt. Besides they give these titles to people that are known,presentable and successful. In Africa,therefore each of them representing their country for talent,beauty and achievement.We can’t help the fact that most Nigerian female entertainers are successful and pretty compared to other countries,right now we are leading the entertainment industry in Africa. No doubt! I also agree with Vimbai not being on the list.

41. BreeddeerB

December 20, 2013 at 5:47 pm

I guess the first qualification is that you must be a
    public figure (read media personality, actress, whatever). this
    should be most beautiful media woman

42. Huraira

December 21, 2013 at 8:18 am

I can see beauty in some, BUT i can’t see any beauty in vimbai mutihiri, yvonne okoro and leila lopes, their just in that list by mistake.

43. Couture By Makioba

December 21, 2013 at 8:27 am

People must quarrel…. 🙂

44. Tosin

December 22, 2013 at 8:54 am

1. Them no beautiful pass me. Whatever, it’s all PR production stuff. Everybody is beautiful. These people just happen to be in the industry.
    2. I don’t know why I don’t like Tiwa, from day one, even when she does something good (like a good song.) I’m trying sha.
    3. I don’t know why I love Genevieve Nnaji even when I can find her flaws. Just feel something warm towards her always.

45. Princess Dee

December 22, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Jackie Appiah rocks always!

46. Ima

December 23, 2013 at 6:38 pm

I no see myself for that list. Who erased my name?

47. Bar Baric

December 31, 2013 at 9:27 am

They should simply call this their list “The Most Beautiful POPULAR Women In Africa”.

48. okwusi gloria

January 10, 2014 at 9:58 am

wow i cant believe gloria okwusi is not on dat list

49. Princess Amusco

January 11, 2014 at 7:31 pm

I think am missin dere

50. yasmin

January 12, 2014 at 2:42 pm

what about somalia? or Sudan

51. yasmin

January 12, 2014 at 3:05 pm

what about somalia?

52. lily

January 20, 2014 at 3:11 pm

What about East Africa? Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda? That list is so biased.

53. m9

March 14, 2014 at 7:39 pm

Vimbai mbok….#massivehiss

54. Bewa

April 4, 2014 at 12:36 am

yvonne Okoro is there. open your eyes well

55. Teri

April 29, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. Pls if u re so bothered about the list make your own list and publish it and stop the complaining. abah!

56. flodys uc

October 7, 2014 at 11:49 am

genny baby is realy an african beauty,afterall she is always winnin face of nollywood. but nobody there is d mb. beautiful ones r nt yet born

57. h.u.m.i

July 8, 2016 at 4:35 am

This is NONSENSE beautiful women in Africa are you serious? I mean you could have just said beautiful women in Nigeria and Ghana not Africa please. The majority you guys have so called “beautiful women in Africa” are Nigerians and Ghanaian. Nigeria and Ghana are not the only countries in Africa. Please fix and change your title maybe to beautiful women in Nigeria and Ghana. That will be better not Africa because you have not included all the African countries.