News

Updated – See Winners to watch “The Best Man Holiday” Premiere at Genesis Deluxe Cinema, The Palms | Thursday 19th December 2013

The Best Man Holiday - December 2013 - BellaNaija

Fancy a date night with the boo or the other half? You’ve come to right place!

Tripican.com in partnership with Genesis Deluxe Cinemas will be giving away movie tickets to watch The Best Man Holiday to 5 very lucky couples.

Some of our favorite characters return to the big screen for the sequel to The Best Man (1999). The Best Man Holiday is one of the most anticipated movies this holiday and a great date night movie!

Synopsis
After nearly 15 years apart, Taye Diggs (from television’s Private Practice), Nia Long (Soul Food), Morris Chestnut (Kick-Ass 2), Harold Perrineau (Zero Dark Thirty), Terrence Howard (Hustle & Flow), Sanaa Lathan (Contagion), Monica Calhoun (Love & Basketball), Melissa De Sousa (Miss Congeniality) and Regina Hall (Scary Movie franchise) reprise their career-launching roles in The Best Man Holiday, the long-awaited next chapter to the film that ushered in a new era of comedy.

When the college friends finally reunite over the Christmas holidays, they will discover just how easy it is for long-forgotten rivalries and romances to be ignited. Malcolm D. Lee returns to write and direct this sequel to his directorial debut. Sean Daniel (The Mummy franchise) will produce alongside Lee for The Sean Daniel Company.

Watch the Trailer

To Win:
Leave a comment telling us why you deserve a date night with your boo or other half. 5 individuals with the most compelling stories will win two tickets each to see The Best Man Holiday this Thursday 19th December 2013.

Winners will be contacted via email. All 5 winners will receive an email containing a special coupon code to retrieve tickets on Tripican.com. So please register with correct email addresses when commenting.

The Best Man Holiday - December 2013 - BellaNaija 02

Please Note: Tickets are exclusive to the Genesis Deluxe Cinemas, The Palms on Thursday 19th December 2013.

WINNERS
-Oregbemi Martins.
-Adeola Gbemisola.
-Centurion.
-Damilola Adeleke.

Congratulations on your win and please watch out for an email from Tripican.com.

Follows them on Twitter and Instagram @tripican and Facebook: Tripican

Visit www.tripican.com for more information.

1. Luv .O.

December 17, 2013 at 1:47 pm

would love to see The Best Man Holiday. saw The Best Man and it was Nice

2. Thelma

December 17, 2013 at 2:03 pm

I deserve the tickets because… I heard this is one of the nicest romance movies of 2013 and I would love to share the experience with a very dear friend. It would be an amazing early Christmas present for a single chic like me, and would go a long way in dispelling the gloom that comes with being single in the festive season.

thelmathinks.blogspot.com

3. felicia

December 17, 2013 at 2:22 pm

ohhhh yeah i can remember seeing the best man when i was a teenager, and it was interesting, wolud really want to know what the best man holiday is about. one of those movie you want to see with your le boo so yo can tell him to see for him self “lol”

4. Damilola Adeleke

December 17, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Her name is Damola and I am Damilola. She’s gorgeous, focused, beautiful, industrious, playful, loving and God-fearing. These and more are many of her unique and unparallel virtues. She’s all I could ever dream of and more. Her soothing smiles, soft words and engaging intellect often makes me wonder why God chose to give her to me…
    Uhmmm, actually, earlier in the year, I missed her birthday (poor me!); and I just thought that taking her out to watch this beautiful movie will make all the difference. I’ll be really grateful if I get these 2 special tickets for THE BEST MAN HOLIDAY. As a lover of the movies, I’m pretty certain this is the best holiday gift I can give her this season. Thank you!

5. double B

December 17, 2013 at 2:45 pm

asin i watched this movie trice and was still crying, one the heart-felt movie of all time. anyone who say the movie is trash is OGBANJE , HEARTLESS AND A WIZARD and we gats run from the person LOL 😀 .

anyways grab your copy
    Mehn i ca not say it all, please watch witha serious partner or folks not with yeye boyfriends oooooo, my advise.

PS: nobody should insult me oooo, am a person of emotions so do not expect less about adverising the movie.

6. Adeola gbemisola

December 17, 2013 at 2:48 pm

I desrerve this ticket because my marriage was four yrs this month and couldn’t celebrate it in any way.this would be a memorable gift.

7. andrew

December 17, 2013 at 3:00 pm

I deserve the tickets becasue my wife waited and prayed for us to be together 6 years after we met, and my life has a new meaning becasue of her, she is my treasure, and i would love to take her to watch this movie, as she has been talking about it, and wants to watch it, and she would be happy if i suprise her with the movie tickets.

8. Adeola gbemisola

December 17, 2013 at 3:02 pm

My. marriage was four years this month and coul not celebrate it anyway..this will be a memorable gift if i Get the ticket.

9. MsTilii (African Movie Reviewer)

December 17, 2013 at 3:02 pm

“most” African Movie Makers must watch Daniel Lee and learn how you really make a classic movie, a sequel at that (most sequels are never a success and he made hollywood put their foot in their mouth for doubting him when he asked for a budget). I have watched it 3 times and i will go back to see again.

The best black movie i have ever watched ever in a long long long time, better than original best man.

ps: Take a box of tissues, and make sure you dont have food in your mouth cos in some scenes Quentin, will make you laugh till tears. Be prepared to go thru several emotions watching this movie. Producer/Writer/Director Daniel is coming out with part 3, but this time you dont have to wait 14yrs. and please whoever goes and see it dont give it away and spoil it for the rest,please ohh, i been holding on reviewing because i want everyone to watch it first.

I rate it 10/10. A purrrrfert ten 🙂
    Enjoy Ladies and Gentlemen, am so glad it is home in africa now, i thought it will take like 6 months. Take your girlfriends, your boyfriend (s) your whole family and go see this movie. I get so proud when black hollywood shames the naysayers. Thank God we moved passed the gang bang movies and we can proof to the world we are way more than media protray us on reality tvs. Ohh I love this movie, ohh did i say that already 🙂 am sorry 🙂

ps: Fav scene: “can you stand the rain” & and “rushing home after the game”. Watch it and you will know what i mean. Lets all support Lee so he can do this again for us.

10. nduka omen

December 17, 2013 at 3:15 pm

I deserve the ticket.. Cos av seen the advert of the film and its one of the best romantic film 2013 has to offer and I will love to experience the feelin with ma babe and let her knw how much I love her

11. Oregbemi Martins Moren

December 17, 2013 at 3:33 pm

My mother hasn’t dated in over thirty
    years. In thirty years, she hasn’t felt the touch of another when she becomes scared, frustrated, or confused. In thirty years, she hasn’t heard the words “It’s going to be OK” when she needs to hear it most.
    In thirty years she hasn’t had a partner
    to help her with tasks around the house,
    to sit and enjoy watching Television, or to take her out to dinner and a movie.
    In thirty years my mother has been
    alone.
    When my father left for the USA with the words “I will be back to get you guy”, a month to my delivery but never came back till today, my mother had tremendous difficulty with it. I would scold her for crying because I needed her to be strong; it wasn’t until I was an adult and had my heart broken that I could grasp the severity of what she was
    going through (and realize how selfish I was being). Now I want to give her an opportunity to enjoy being loved and taken on a date by a man ones again, a man that’s her loving son.

• MsTilii (African Movie Reviewer)

December 17, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Bella please give it to this dude okay, his story is very touching. Anything for mothers. I guarantee you her mom will laugh and laugh too. Just what a mother needs for christmas.

12. Linda

December 17, 2013 at 3:38 pm

My husband and I have been waiting eagerly for this movie….We literally check genesis deluxe cinema website everyday. His birthday was 3 days ago and I had planned to take him out to dinner and then the cinema to watch a romantic movie. I could only take him for dinner. Getting these tickets would surely be the icing on the cake! We have been married for two and half months and he’s the only man I have truely loved

13. Ready

December 17, 2013 at 3:38 pm

I would loooove to win tickets to go see Best Man Holiday! I’ve been waiting for its release in Nigeria and even asked you guys a couple of weeks ago on BN about when it would premiere. But as my relationship is long distance, I guess I have no boo to go with. Thanks, Tripican for reminding me of being boo-less this christmas.

14. Centurion

December 17, 2013 at 4:09 pm

I deserve this ticket because I’ve found true love again. Here’s how: I broke up with my ex of 6 months last year November 13th to be precise. She couldn’t come to terms with some issues in my past. Since then I’ve been trying real hard to find true love, I’ve been literally used and dumped by ladies in 3 other relationships that didn’t last more than 2 months at most. They only ate the little money I had and whenever I couldn’t meet a need they would look for a reason to then leave.
    Finally, on the 2nd day in the month of June which was my birthday, I’ve found love again. I was a Sunday and I’d gone to Church for thanksgiving, after the service I was asked to go welcome the new comers when I came in contact with one of the most wonderful person I’d ever met. Words are not enough to describe her. We became good friends, and today she’s my fiancée.
    She just returned from the orientation camp on Sunday and I intend to give her a most memorable Christmas. Please kindly grant my request.

15. Centurion

December 17, 2013 at 4:10 pm

• augusat

December 18, 2013 at 2:45 pm

yep! indeed you deserve it ……….. happy for u.

16. uju

December 17, 2013 at 4:28 pm

hehehehe…..omo see biddings!!…what am i na supposed to say ehh…well i reallyyy want to see this moviee…i was amongst the few who saw it back then in 1999 and i remember saying it was the best movie i ever did see!!… i even crushed on Terrence Howard for far too long after then…*sighs*…my fiance will be returning to the country tomorrow, after months of being away….it”ll be sooooo cool to see this with him…Groses Bises!!

17. moj

December 17, 2013 at 5:20 pm

The movie not tooooo fantastic

18. temtem

December 17, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Amazing movie!!!! Emotional, funny and funny and funny! It’s a must see…

19. anaehi elizabeth nkechi

December 17, 2013 at 6:18 pm

I am down to earth person chocolate in color average in height and cool and great.singing,dancing and acting is ma way to convey ma happiness to d world.
    i like real people ,honest people,straight forward people
    i dislike people wit double personalities,liars ,cheaters,and pretenders
    my logo is lets make this world a better place for u and i to live peacefully to the Glory of God Almigthy
    SO LETS DO IT
    I NNKECHILI ELIZABETH WANTS TO BE AN INSPIRATION TO EVERYONE THAT HAS DOUBT TO THE VALUE OF WOMAN,BEAUTY OF NATURE
    E,RESPECT TO GOD AND HUMANITY AND LIFE IN ITS FULLEST.

20. oluchi

December 18, 2013 at 12:37 am

i’m single…. met this sweet, good looking, God fearing guy who’s kinda awkward around me. I’m guessing this movie will break the ice. looks like a lot of fun and comedy and laughter. in my heart i think he”s the one. i need him to get cosy around me enough to say the magic words… only he’s awfully shy. This movie will definitely diffuse the tension and hopefully…….

21. Amaka Okere

December 18, 2013 at 8:31 am

Yesterday my sister accused me of always wanting a re ignition of past relationships, she said since my break up wv my last ex, I don’t seem 2 value new “toasters” I jokingly told her dis morning dat I must get married next year,lol. I strongly feel dat I n my sis shud be given tickets 2 see dis movie,from d synopsis,I think dis movie will be very helpful. Thanks.

22. Adedoyin Jimoh

December 18, 2013 at 9:25 am

I watched The Best Man before and my God it was moved by every romances,moves & all characters in the movie. So I really loved to watch the The best man holiday if am giving the opportunity. I believe the in cast in this movie and it would help relationship with my husband and family.

23. ama

December 18, 2013 at 9:47 am

i deserve a date night with my boo because we have dated for 5years and we haven’t won anything for us…this would go a long way to add spice in our relationship…pleassssssseee#lol

24. Joy Thompson

December 18, 2013 at 9:54 am

Me Α̲̅ή∂ my boo has gone tru a lot..I think If given T̶̲̥̅̊ђέ opourtunity †̥ watch this movie it could help straighten things between us..Α̲̅ή∂ I wasn’t able †̥ give him a present on his birthday S̶̲̥̅☺ this would be like a birthday gift †̥ him..thanks

25. shountel

December 18, 2013 at 9:57 am

i must say watching the best man holiday Trailer has awaken something in me. iam really dying to watch it with my man. we have been friends but of recent we are found out that we are so fond of ourselves, that we are falling in love. the feeling is the best feelings i have ever felt. i cant wait to see this movie with him. the love flow will be mutual and it will help us learn and also know be positive that the relationship will be a happy one. please give us a chance, its going to be a Big Surprise for him.

26. pj

December 18, 2013 at 10:55 am

I have seen this movie…..interesting and emotional! must see for everyone.

27. IDERA

December 18, 2013 at 2:40 pm

I deserve to win because I just found truly love. I just met this very cool dude, nice and handsome too. He’s like a dream come true, and each moment I speak with him, I feel butterflies all around me. I have been looking for a most appropriate day to have our first date. Tickets to the Genesis Deluxe Cinemas would be just perfect as that would be a royal treat for him. And what better way to do that than to start from going to see this lovely movie.

28. Oregbemi Martins Moren

December 20, 2013 at 4:06 am

Touching, emotional, thrilling”Greatest movie of the year”,
    Thank You Bella, Thank You Tripican.com, for giving us this opportunity, we truly appreciate and enjoyed every moment of it, from winning the tickets to watching the movie, you’ve lightened up a portion of our life that was dark, and thank you for starting our christmas with such a perfect gift.
    Thank your Ms Tilii for also believing in mother, I pray you be a great mom in future.
    THANK YOU ALL FOR THIS GREAT MOMENT!