News

Aspiring Model shares horrible Domestic Violence Experience on Instagram

bambiiiii_Today on BN Prose, we featured a story “Broken” by Elohor Omonemu with a domestic violence plot line.
As we often find in life, fiction mirrors fact as this story is currently trending on social media site – Instagram.

An aspiring model/actress @bambiiiii_ has shared her horrific domestic violence experience at the hands of her boyfriend of 8 months.

“This night be a little graphic but I just want to let everyone know that I am okay. I am a survivor of domestic violence with a boy I dated for 8 months. I really thought everything was fine but he constantly questioned me about cheating and flirting. Non sense. I never looked at someone the way he looked at me. Thought I loved this boy. How can someone that ‘loves’ me do this to me? The scars on my chest are way worse and extend down to my right nipple, completely scarred. The skin on my shoulder has been completely skinned. And i have bruising on my rib cage, neck, and my muscles. I was kicked out of a moving vechile, then beaten and dragged, as I blacked out and was left lying there in my own puddle of blood. Doctors said I could have died if not made it when I did. I am so blessed and beyond lucky to be alive and have so much support from friends, family, and strangers. As I try to recover I ask to please keep me in your prayers. I have to wear a neck brace for 3-4 weeks, an arm cast and I can barely walk for now. Thank you for all the love. I hope to be an inspiration to women and anyone involved in domestic violence.”

Domestic Abuse

This is so sad!
Ladies and Gentlemen please step away from these type of relationships. There is always a way out.

1. Bella

February 25, 2014 at 10:22 am

This animal that did this to this girl or any other female needs to be in prison to fight his own age, soze and gender. What kind of useless upbringing is this for a man to lay a hand on his rib, a woman, a child ah ah!

2. yvonne

February 25, 2014 at 10:24 am

hmmmm

3. sigh

February 25, 2014 at 10:26 am

God!

4. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

February 25, 2014 at 10:26 am

LORD HAVE MERCY!!!

5. lara

February 25, 2014 at 10:28 am

wow wow am beyond words, my heart goes to you dear xoxo…

6. whocares

February 25, 2014 at 10:29 am

You are in my prayers.. not that I do it much, but today I will be saying one specially for you. (lots of hugs and love) Be strong, and keep getting better.
    I hope the police is aware of what he has done to you and he is rotting away in a very remote prison.

7. I send small

February 25, 2014 at 10:29 am

Sorry my dear, God has a great plan for your life, thank God you’re alive. My dear, I hope you know what is an agbero (don’t worry, just google it) so anyways, just find like 10 agberos and buy them foodstuffs and pay them some money and then tell them to find the animal that did this to you, lock him in a room and deck (as in seriously beat the shit out of him) him for 3 hours everyday. Give him water so he doesn’t die and tell them to give him a cold shower once a week, you know it pays to be kind so you shouldn’t overdo the wickedness. Anyways, after one week of torture, they should blindfold him and dump him in some bush in Togo. Goat of a man.

8. Eve

February 25, 2014 at 10:30 am

Oh my! What a pretty face… Look at the damage..This is inhuman. How can love be so misunderstood. Damaging someone doesn’t make them love you more..and staying out of fear and insecurity doesn’t make it better.. Women are always the victims in this barbaric act..when will this ever end..broken.

9. Prom

February 25, 2014 at 10:31 am

OMG this is so disheartening…I think the problem is,most people in these kind of relationships are maybe blinded by lust or ”love” so much that they can’t be objective enough to know they deserve better,they keep coming up with excuses that he’ll change,i can change him..Honey, NOBODY CAN CHANGE ANYBODY only God can and in as much as we try to act surprised as to how he suddenly became violent after marriage or in the relationship forgetting there is always a trace of these characters(maybe not so obvious at the time)but its always been there so ladies please we know the love can shack and turn our heads but please lets not turn a blind eye to red flags cos of how we feel..

10. www.LapesBeautifulCreature.blogspot.com

February 25, 2014 at 10:34 am

We need to be very careful with the people we associate with. Some people are just inhumane and very disturbed. We will keep praying for you dear

11. vitamin

February 25, 2014 at 10:35 am

Please pple before it lead to this there must have been signs. Dont ignore them. You are better a life been single and happy than been in a relationship and miserable. Its not worth it. I pray she fully recovers.

12. Reevon

February 25, 2014 at 10:39 am

some guys are seriously retarded animals , he just had to hurt this pretty girl. wishing her quick recovery, Thank God for her life.

13. Troll

February 25, 2014 at 10:40 am

*shivers* OMG! see what he did to her face and the bruises on her body..God have mercy. This is just barbaric abeg. What nonsense. Hmm, I just might kill anyone who tries this with me.

14. no heart to hate

February 25, 2014 at 10:45 am

Sorry dear

15. Marvel

February 25, 2014 at 10:45 am

My initial response was harsh so I had to delete it. Violence doesn’t occur in one day but you seem young so you may not have see the warning signs. I would be horrified if like Rihanna, you apply the ‘forgive and totally forget’ mentality and return to this person who has issues bordering around anger, doubt and is a perfect murderer in waiting. If he can afford to, you should look into ‘loss of income’ compensation, medical bills and any other your lawyer a claim on your behalf. I am disappointed and am glad I am not your mum cos I would be jailed alongside him.

16. Mama Mia!!!

February 25, 2014 at 10:45 am

Mtcheeeew, Any man that as much as slap me jokingly will be dealt with severely, what nonsense. haba! women, you need to leave the house prepared, pepper spray and pins always come in handy. Men that abuse women are just weaklings!!!

17. @edDREAMZ

February 25, 2014 at 10:46 am

Somebody should just kill that gold digger…. Beauty like this are not suppose to pass through that pain……
    ***CURRENTLY IN THE SUN***

18. Tee

February 25, 2014 at 10:46 am

I used to wonder how a girl could stay with someone that maltreats/cheats/beats her. It was just absurd to me until i came very close to being in that situation. All i can say is that we have to pray that God doesn’t allow us near such individuals. As mary jane said ‘when someone shows you their true personality the first time, believe them’

• meeee

February 26, 2014 at 5:38 pm

That is a Maya Angelou”s quote not Mary Jane.

19. Jumie O

February 25, 2014 at 10:47 am

Oh dear! this is awful, I will say a prayer for you and for the person who did this to you. It will be well with you. Your wounds both physical and emotional will heal. Just stay strong and listen to your instinct about people. It is never wrong to say NO and walk away from danger.

20. Berry Dakara

February 25, 2014 at 11:19 am

WHOA! WTH?!

21. PH Boy

February 25, 2014 at 11:26 am

Women should learn to speak out! There is nothing affectionate about a man hitting you, even if you are that stubborn. I know lots of women who are in such relationships and when asked, you very dumb responses like….he meant well…i love him…he will change. At one time, I have been chided by a lady when i angrily confronted her man over the glaring bruises on her body. She actually told me to mind my business. Sho!
    At some point, i get very confused as to either stand back and watch or risk being rebuked by the victims themselves. I have said it over a million times over; … if your man is overwhelmingly possessive, it’s not love o; run for your life because he will definitely hit you. It really helps to measure the temperament of your partner before entering into any kind of relationship. There is a genuine deficiency of content in the character of the Nigerian sexes and the gory pics above tells it all.

22. bee

February 25, 2014 at 11:28 am

useless boyfriend ,i believed that guy has killed somebody before .

23. omel

February 25, 2014 at 11:37 am

when i was still single, i had this mentality that if a man should poke or push me when laughing or joking, its over. My dad was a violent man and i wasn’t going to take any chances. If he can do something similar while joking then, he can do worse when he is angry. No little sign should be swept under the carpet, i guess that is why God listed out what we know as small sin to be the ones He hates the most cos they birth those sins known to be big by us. Today, i am married to the most woderful, awesome, amazing, kind….. man. I could go on and on, can find the right words to describe my husband. If i i did not meet he’s people i would say i married an angel. I the same to all my sister out there. Get well soon dear, wish u a fast recovery and that the next picture of you i see would be with the guy God designed specially for you. Love you.

24. OLORI ZAINAB

February 25, 2014 at 11:37 am

My dear you will heal from the physical scars i pray for you not to go into that kind of relationship again dont be moved by the outward appearance some guys are wolves for real and as for the animal that did this you need help. Men pls for the love of God control yourselves a lady doesnt have to be beaten to be corrected or to be silenced atypical african man wants to get physical at the slightest confrontation its just wrong

25. pazzy

February 25, 2014 at 11:50 am

Gosh… Sorry dear. May God perfect ur healing… the so called guy need to be arrested for this act. Ladies be ware….

26. Miss_Flygerian

February 25, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Any man that tries this with me should be ready to receive the beating of his life from my dad and four hefty brothers. It won’t even degenerate to that level because the moment he as much as raises a finger to hit me, it’s over.

27. NT JUSTOK.COM

February 25, 2014 at 12:15 pm

@Mama Mai,ur comments are so annoying..luk at ur un-brash teeth lyk”any man dat slap’s me jokingly”. go take bck seat joor!! U dey lyk 5naira pure water.

• Nneks

February 25, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Did it touch a nerve?…you must be a VERY INSECURE, WEAK MAN!…weakling…. so angered by this pictures

• Nneks

February 25, 2014 at 12:44 pm

*these

• Mama Mia!!!

February 25, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Man beater alert!!!

• Mama Mia!!!

February 25, 2014 at 3:50 pm

I meant Woman o…

• sigh

February 25, 2014 at 1:45 pm

why is that annoying to u? R u a woman beater? Or does ur bf slap you jokingly all the time?

• Teni

February 25, 2014 at 2:07 pm

I join my voice,are u a woman beater? and if you have sisters,would u let them be beaten like this?

• Iris

February 25, 2014 at 2:17 pm

O! Was it YOU who did this then?

• oj

February 25, 2014 at 6:42 pm

the person must be a wife beater. may God protect us from people like u

28. Modella

February 25, 2014 at 12:18 pm

For real???

29. Turi

February 25, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Oh my!!! This is indeed very sad… As we pray for you and you get better dear, just get this person arrested and take him to court.

30. FunkyW

February 25, 2014 at 12:44 pm

So sorry dear, get well soon! I hope many single and married ladies in similar shoes are inspired to take bold steps out of destructive relationships early.

31. Chum chum

February 25, 2014 at 12:46 pm

This person that did this to you can kill you, be warned is to before armed.

32. nene

February 25, 2014 at 1:00 pm

god forbid. i can’t even look at these pictures without feeling the pain in my body.

33. CHIZO

February 25, 2014 at 1:02 pm

God have mercy. This isn’t love. I bet the coward will come asking for your forgiveness. Please do. but have nothing to do with him. Mind you he is an animal, so having a revenge means killing him, coz if you don’t , he will hunt you. So be a big heart and let him go. I sincerely hope you bounce back and look pretty.

34. toyeen8

February 25, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Days I wish I was a boy and had a girlfriend as fine as dis. Then one stupid white boy beat dis beautiful girl like dis. ha I cant just imagine this rubbish.

35. horlarbeecee

February 25, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Sign* father lord when will these” Animals” stop this foolish attitude? Lord av mercy on us.

36. Dr CeeK

February 25, 2014 at 1:21 pm

what nonsense?! Has that ANIMAL been locked up? It’s not enough just to walk away.

37. Kelechi

February 25, 2014 at 1:26 pm

@ NT JUST OK.COM You are really not ok.

38. Teni

February 25, 2014 at 2:09 pm

I can only pray for you cos the deed is done but PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE no amount of begging or gifts is worth taking such an animal back,so be WISE!!! And may the animal that did this be affected with leprosy in Jesus name

39. ejiwunmi

February 25, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Saw this pics today nd i cried……. say no to domestic violence. the guy shl be arrested nd jailed.bastard

40. Hollynolly

February 25, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Animal is a wrong word to describe a monster. He’s a shapeless Beast with a capital B. Nothing should have triggered such barbaric behaviour towards her, even though she called your mum a witch or caught her red handed ontop of another man. Regardless, such behaviour is not acceptable as you ain’t God so why took law into your hands. May God judge him publicly….I totally detest domestic violent, abuse, emotional torture etc because it is evil. Speedy recovery dearie! xox

41. Que

February 25, 2014 at 2:32 pm

I dont know why, as I looked at d pitures, my tummy started hurting…. mba mba mbanu! What I cant understand is why any human being believes it is his right n duty to do dis to another person!!! Ehnnnn…..man wey never see labour room b4 wan kill anoda woman pikin…… ah Lord help me… #Ijustcantdeal!

42. Hollynolly

February 25, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Kindly, pardon me to share this article on my other blog as we need to make an awareness. Some women, especially married ones are likewise silently going through emotional trauma, if not this but similar. God Bless!

43. Mama Mia!!!

February 25, 2014 at 3:50 pm

I meant Woman o…

44. Gezzel

February 25, 2014 at 3:52 pm

I have said a prayer for you and i know it is well. As for that idiot who calls himself a man, God will deal with him. buh does he have a sister? How on earth can u treat a lady like that. Its awful.

45. Sabio Raph

February 25, 2014 at 4:13 pm

OMG!!! I dnt knw wat to say ryt nw_bt all I can say is dat she need a bro lyk me…ofcos d next wik social news trend will be avin a story to tell about d victimise ex bf current luk or health situation. Mtcheew!!! So sori Damsel, we pray for a quick recovery

46. Blessmyheart

February 25, 2014 at 4:53 pm

How does a human being do this to another human being? How? This is just sick. Thank God for sparing her life.

47. Missy

February 25, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Horrific!!!

48. El patron medellin cartel

February 25, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Smh! Weak insured man! I remember when I was in Lag, was driving with 2 of my Guys, and this guy pushed a girl out of his moving car! And He sped off one of my guy can down and helped the girl while I chased after him caught up with him at the gate, he was still trying to explain why he behaved like he did,my guy dragged him out and started pounding the guy, see beating..to cut story short we all landed at the security post! The guy slept sabo that night ooo! Rubbish beating women as if they are drums!

49. MzChizzy

February 25, 2014 at 6:45 pm

Now, I’m so pissed! Like how exactly did you allow things to get to this? The bastards’s name and picture should be all over the internet and not your battered face/body! We should be hunting the dude down this minute and making his life miserable! If you had cut off his penis and done a pic mix with these battered pics of yours, then you would have been an inspiration to women involved in domestic violence…Biko, do the needful…put up his pictures and name and let this dude be made to pay for this…unless you’re satisfied with your current online fame

50. Chic

February 25, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Foolish retarded bastard full of dog shit is who this animal certainly is. HOW??? Theres nothing she could have done to deserve this, NOTHING! I feel so sad about this babaric attitude & yes I agree that sm agbero boys be paid to deal with d idiot. ThankGod ur alive to share ur story. God will heal u speedily. *hugs*

51. Interesting

February 25, 2014 at 9:30 pm

This a picture of her boyfriend before everyone goes assuming it was some black guy

This is a tweet of hers…

guess that backfired…

Read more: straightfromthea.com/2014/02/25/the-face-of-domestic-violence-goes-viral-woman-shares-graphic-images-of-her-own-beaten-face-photos/#ixzz2uMrqkKj0

52. tammy

February 26, 2014 at 12:23 am

Omg! May the devil be his companion, i hope he has been appended? What kind of animals do we have in the forms of men these days? Get well soon dearie.

53. memebaby

February 26, 2014 at 1:10 am

I hear she knowingly gave him HIV and that is what started the whole ish.. hmmm i hate to say it but if that is true I would have done worse things oo..

54. Mimi

February 26, 2014 at 6:43 am

If your man is paranoid it can be a sign of mental illness. It’s not love, run or take him
    To a psychiatrist.

55. Tandrea

February 26, 2014 at 6:16 pm

I just ended a marriage as my husband was showing definite signs of being an abuser. It starts with him trying to take control either physically or emotionally. In my case my husband would berate me and belittle me as a way to control myself esteem. He raised his fist to me months ago and then I knew I had to leave him. Always pay attention to the first signs and beginning red flags. Also, Not ever abuser is a thug. My husband is a Sociology graduate of a well known HBCU and business owner. Some of these men have mental disorders and a mental disorder can happen to any man on any economic level. So do not believe that only thugs are capable of being abusive. I hope this beautiful young lady recovers even more empowered.

• B!

February 26, 2014 at 6:37 pm

I am so glad and happy for you. You saw the signs for what they were and that’s a good thing because a lot of people don’t know. Most importantly you took action and left. I am very proud of you because its so rare to hear from people like you. Take care and Good Luck!!!!

56. Peaches77

February 26, 2014 at 6:24 pm

This is no joke. These are severe wounds. Bambii, why isn’t the beast’s name revealed?

57. ogeAdiro

February 27, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Nawa oh…

58. Ashanti

March 3, 2014 at 4:52 am

i think the reason why i’ve never been in a relationship is because i have a bad mouth…my own be say the guy wont even touch me he’ll shoot me and get over with. not that i commend it, its just barbaric for someone to tell u that he loves u and beat the ish outta u….

59. kim

March 4, 2014 at 9:09 am

It’s really unfortunate. Open ur eyes young ladies, character is like a smoke, it doesn’t hide, u’r dating a guy, then he slaps or hits u once nd u took likely, trust me, u ve jst given him Visa to continue to do that. So
    My advice, once u notice a temper, see if it’s wat u can’t handle, else take a walk, they never change nd u are not God. So sorry dearie, I wish u speedy recovery, Amen. Nd for d beast in human skin, he should be hanged.

60. always happy

March 6, 2014 at 2:31 am

I can’t laff, do you mean the boyfriend who battered her face and body like this na one wowo likkle white boy. Pls just invite the boy ( wey think him be man) on a 1 way trip to Brooklyn or Oshodi he will surely be convinced his mental instability is no excuse

61. gloria

March 10, 2014 at 4:31 pm

jesus this is too much

62. gloria

March 10, 2014 at 4:32 pm

oh jeeez

63. Crushed

July 17, 2015 at 12:59 pm

You are so brave not only to have survived but, to be brave enough to post publicly. I had a similar experience quite recently. I didn’t imagine he would have been capable of such atrocities. Much love n good luck! You are beautiful inside and out