News

Men Speak Up Against Female Gender Discrimination! Watch the Video Promo For the ‘WomenWerk’ Gala

We teach women to dream, but not too much. We teach them to be successful… but not too successful.  In the video below men speak up for the rights of women.

The video is WomenWerk’s first promo video for their inaugural event “The Century of African Woman”. WomenWerk seeks to highlight women and men as agents of change in advancing gender equality as part of International Women’s Day.

Check it out!

1. c'est moi

February 5, 2014 at 11:44 am

Please come to the UK! Been a long time coming! *thumbs up*

2. Tobe

February 5, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Please, (most women are not complaining) If you want men to speak up for women, Then go and look for real men. the people i saw in the video that claim to be men all look like Homosexuals. Look at them wanting all men to be feminist. This video, the So-called men in the video and the people that made the video are all ridiculous. they should go find something better to do with their time. If this gay people are left on check, they will make sure that all real men joins them in their Abominable practices.

• Ohboy

February 5, 2014 at 12:33 pm

You are a MORON.

• whocares

February 5, 2014 at 12:33 pm

I haven’t seen the video as I am at work, so I don’t know what the content is. But “most women are not complaining”, and they “look” homosexual? Please describe the homosexual look to me as you seem to be so well versed in it. And as for being feminists, so men cannot be feminist is that what you are trying to say? and if they are, they have to be homosexual? You are a little, little man (I doubt you are a woman). You are ignorant, weak and insecure and I hope to gods you do not procreate. Do something for yourself today.. snatch your head out from your ass, and look around you. If your world is too small for you to see clearly, pick a book, read the news. Look at what women worldwide are going through.. No, no start with your own mother and work your way downwards. Learn what feminism is all about, then work your way towards the right of women from discrimination, and stop at the significance of the international women’s day. (Is that to much for you to do? Would you like to better your life and your self or remain on the internet spewing your vitriolic crap?)
      I don’t want to read a response from you until you have finished this task I set you, and can comment like a person that possesses a full functioning brain.

• SweetestTaboo

February 5, 2014 at 12:33 pm

You are very insecure. I feel sorry for you. You watched that video and all you got from it was that the men are homosexual? That says so much more about you than them.

• I no send

February 5, 2014 at 12:55 pm

LOOL

February 5, 2014 at 12:43 pm

This has to be the most ignorant comment ever!Sometimes, people have to thoroughly think about the comments they are about to make, and then decide if it makes sense, and if it will make them look absolutely stupid on a public forum!

• memoi

February 5, 2014 at 1:35 pm

And sadly enough you consider yourself to be a real man, right? you are an obnoxious and homophobic person if that is all you could get from the video.

• Iris

February 5, 2014 at 2:23 pm

I typically try to be polite on social media but you are an idiot. “Most” women are not complaining indeed. How will they complain around a human being like you? I wish I could go on to break down all the stupidity your comments imply – from the homosexual one (where I’m still trying to understand which divine spirit bestowed this knowledge unto you); to the number of complaining women you obviously think it should take for gender inequality to matter; to the inaccuracy of that comment; to the syntax of your first “sentence”. Unfortunately, all of those concepts will probably be lost on a knuckle head like you, so I won’t even bother.

• Jessa Johansson

February 5, 2014 at 2:53 pm

so @Tobe , “they should go and find something better to do with their time” , Silly GOAT, what have you done with your time? If you are a guy, you will surly make a bad a horrible father to your daughters. and if you are a woman – i believe you must be a chicken baby factory . what makes you think these men are not real men? and did they tell you gay men have a certain look? You must really be a wicked person. i hate when people like you come on BN and say really wicked things about nice people who are trying to make a good different in our world.

• Bobosteke & Lara Bian

February 5, 2014 at 4:11 pm

I find your comment quite disconcerting.

I tried to check on your gay accusation but the closest I got was the guy featured above who has lovely almond shaped eyes, pink lips and an articulate voice. Is that it? Or is it the soft colors of what they’ve got on? Kai! You are a very small minded, petty Shylock. I’d almost feel sorry for you if not that you are quite pathetic as well. And to think that you would actually father/mother children someday? Look into the deluge of comments coming your way and go back to read what you posted and think again. With your brain this time.

• truetalk

February 5, 2014 at 4:35 pm

You need some serious prayers, the way you are so concerned about their sexuality it seems its because you are insecure about your own…are you a closet homosexual? ?Anyways if you have nothing good to say just please save the rest of us from watching you spew out your ignorance by keeping your mouth shut.

Moving on, I think the gala is a good initiative and I wish the participants lots of luck, and also commend the men for taking time out to address such a pertinent issue.

• zsa zsa

February 5, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Stupid is as stupid does. You are VERY stupid.

• Donald-Landon

February 6, 2014 at 2:13 am

Such a sad insecure boy, I wouldn’t even dare call you a man. Boy species like you are not worth it.

• navida

February 8, 2014 at 2:26 am

See olodo! Because oyibo has told you homosexual now you can open your buccal cavity and talk anyhow. Better know when to comment and when not to.

3. I no send

February 5, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Look, I think this entire issue of the advancement of the intellect and ambition of the African girl child can be solved by looking at why men go to a Beyonce or RiRi concerts…if you sell to the girls, the men will come flooding in and likewise in this instance, if you sell to the daddies, the uncles and men in general, more women will be attracted to the move because the majority of the women that have access to the internet and are truly concerned about becoming empowered are already where you want them…but the girls that really need the ring buoy to be thrown to them are in forced marriages, they probably don’t read or write and can’t even use a computer let alone access the information needed in order to attend these great galas. But this initiative is a great one. I love it.

4. Bobosteke & Lara Bian

February 5, 2014 at 3:49 pm

The dark gentleman in the beige coat and baby pink shirt; I think his wedding was featured on BN.

5. Ikido

February 5, 2014 at 11:23 pm

I 100% agree with Tobe.
    The headline is misleading because i didn’t see any (real) men in the video that was posted.
    They are lucky they are in Yankee, or else…they would have been defending their selves from 14 years.
    And ladies if you like, behave like 10 year old girls and hurl all the insults in your head against me, but it doesn’t change the fact that any (real) man will find the above statement correct!
    So don’t bother your pretty little heads by composing a reply, as the food you are cooking in the kitchen will burn!

6. OmogeNaija

February 6, 2014 at 12:29 am

On point! A parent raises a girl to guard her body, but the same parent raises the boy to believe it’s okay to have sex as long he doesn’t get caught, *he’s just checking whether he’s potent* ; A girl gets pregnant and daddy and mummy are furious and threaten to kick the foetus out of her tummy, a boy impregnates a girl and they are like, well okunrin kuku nie, who is deceiving who?
    Recently, I was talking to a senior male acquaintance about Msc and he said some men are scared of well read women, I don’t want to marry a man who is intimidated by a simple Masters degree, I want to marry a man who will show off my doctorate degree.
    Do not raise your daughter to live in the shadows of her man, she is a spirit being; likewise Do not raise your son to believe a woman is supposed to live his life