News

Robin Thicke & Paula Patton SEPARATE after 2 Decades

Paula Patton & Robin Thicke - February 2014 - BellaNaija

What a shocker.

Robin Thicke and Paula Patton are ending their longtime marriage.

In an exclusive statement released to People Magazine on Monday, they say “We will always love each other and be best friends, however, we have mutually decided to separate at this time.”

Paula Patton & Robin Thicke - February 2014 - BellaNaija 01

Paula and Robin met when they were teens. He was 14, she was 16.

The 36-year old singer and 38-year old “Baggage Claim” actress tied the knot in 2005 and have a son Julian Fuego, who they welcomed in April 2010.

In an interview with Prestige Hong Kong Magazine in September 2013, Robin gushed about Paula. “I don’t know if I would still be alive in some ways if it wasn’t for Paula. She’s been my rock, my muse, my inspiration, and I love her. The whole way.

Photo Credit: People.com

1. ao

February 25, 2014 at 12:41 am

Sad.

2. temtem

February 25, 2014 at 12:49 am

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

3. SisiRomi

February 25, 2014 at 12:57 am

Nooooo!!! My favorite Hollywood couple :'( I guess the lines got too blurred. Too many naked girls around hehe

• Ms Ominiknowest

February 25, 2014 at 10:23 am

Miley Cyrus o!!!!!

4. fineboy_1pimple

February 25, 2014 at 1:06 am

& this is news in Naija because?? okay o, I no dey hate. Just asking. P.S. I am from Nigeria but live in America. So pls pardon my bad pidgen english 🙂

5. Na Me Talk Am

February 25, 2014 at 1:18 am

You see what Miley Cyrus twerking on him did!. I knew his wife won’t take non of that. Iranu oshi.

• slice

February 26, 2014 at 2:09 am

sometimes I wonder whether he was pissed off at her or something. cause the guy suddenly started acting like someone who could care less what she finds out.

6. Elijah Jaybee

February 25, 2014 at 1:41 am

This is one post that has got me screaming
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

7. Ib

February 25, 2014 at 2:07 am

Saw it coming….sad

8. HRS_Cindy

February 25, 2014 at 2:18 am

NOOOOO……no no no no!!! I wasn’t ready for this *Kevin Harts voice*
    I had so much hope in these 2….this is very sad

9. Jen

February 25, 2014 at 2:31 am

Noooooo but I kinda knew it was coming….bellanaija your heading is a bit misleading…you made it sound like they’ve been married for twenty years…they’ve known each other for twenty yrs and married for 9yrs!!

• BellaNaija.com

February 25, 2014 at 4:58 am

They have been in a relationship for 20 years.

10. Jay

February 25, 2014 at 2:33 am

Oh nooooo. Not my Sabrina, she was so good with Jason in jumping the broom. Maybe they should hook up, heard she and Thicke had an open marriage, don’t know how true it is. One thing I know is that love is jealous and an open marriage is a recipe for disaster. I love Paula

11. Nana

February 25, 2014 at 3:09 am

Like my cousin always says, “American” Love is Tornado love. It will take you up fast and drop you hard leaving devastation in its wake. People thought these two were inseparable, but see now…That man has been disrespecting her by getting caught up in negative and compromising situations with other women for a while now and I guess she finally summed up the courage to say enough is enough…

12. chuchu

February 25, 2014 at 3:15 am

DId not see it coming, not in a million years…. sad

13. sηººÞ¬mιηι

February 25, 2014 at 3:30 am

they ave reasons
    sηººÞ¬mιηι

14. DJ STELCH

February 25, 2014 at 5:18 am

I’m a Specialist in Divorce/Separation Party Planning.. Holla @ Me!!

• Grown Woman

February 25, 2014 at 6:53 am

You is evil lol

15. Sexxie

February 25, 2014 at 6:54 am

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! My fav couple! Why can’t they work things out. 🙁 🙁

• Nneks

February 25, 2014 at 8:35 am

This one has passed working things out o. The guy has been disrespecting her constantly by hanging around women/young girls ever since his song blurred lines made him more popular. Such a shame, they might likely get back together later on but for now they should separate and think of what is important to them, marriage or still living like your single?.

16. http://www.thelmathinks.blogspot.com/

February 25, 2014 at 8:05 am

Loool. I so saw this coming. Not at all surprised.

thelmathinks.blogspot.com

17. Eve82

February 25, 2014 at 8:22 am

Oya ooooo Robin Thicke call me! This is what the media and over publicity does to most Hollywood marriages. It is sad that they’ve decided to split. Best wishes to the couple.

BN please permit me…if you are in Atlanta, don’t forget to come support our Super Eagles against Mexico on Wednesday March 5th, @Georgia Dome. #TeamNigeria all the way!

18. Smiley

February 25, 2014 at 8:30 am

Really Sad….love them both!!

19. Avon

February 25, 2014 at 9:13 am

My favourite couple!! They look so perfect together and I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove them so much. I swear!I didnt see this coming!! What a way to ruin my tuesday morning.*wailing in an unsexy way*

20. Vicky

February 25, 2014 at 9:42 am

My darling Sabrina.so sorry

21. whocares

February 25, 2014 at 9:59 am

MILEY CYRUS HAVE YOU SEEN YOURSELF? loool. I joke I joke.

22. Mama Mia!!!

February 25, 2014 at 10:05 am

They will get back together. Being together for too long man!

23. Bella

February 25, 2014 at 10:47 am

Another American marriage bites the dust. such a shame, people don’t know the value of marriage now a days. I actually thought they could last unlike the rest, so now that leave Brad and Angie. Gosh. So wonder what happened. But then this doesn’t change the price of gas in my town. Next!!

24. Hannah

February 25, 2014 at 10:50 am

I saw this coming!!!! its all Robin’s fault. Men learn to respect your wife.

25. @edDREAMZ

February 25, 2014 at 11:34 am

Is not news bcos every one knws that this is going to happen…… The relationship is so much – up that even when married, robin thick still flirt openly and paula patton engages in same act…… They didnt even show respect for their marriage…. They dont even deserve each other… They took the best way…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN THE SUN***

• Missy

February 25, 2014 at 1:31 pm

While you still in the sun, can you kindly work on writing sentences that are actually coherent and readable…Thanks!!!

26. Iris

February 25, 2014 at 2:04 pm

I won’t be surprised if later stories start coming out. “An unnamed source” or – my personal favourite – “a source close to the couple” will reveal this and that about how they’ve had problems for years, how he cheated with at least one woman. Next, women who have allegedly slept with him will start trickling out one by one – the nanny, the cook, the dog walker from the next street, his wife’s arch enemy in high school. One of them will publish a book … Na dem sabi

27. labelle

February 25, 2014 at 2:25 pm

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

28. Fume

February 25, 2014 at 3:25 pm

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa “you is so damn Funny”@ Iris rotfl

29. Tee

February 25, 2014 at 9:16 pm

I was waiting to hear this before now.Open relationship my foot,others should learn.Marriage is no two can play the game,jokers.I pray you learn and come back,that’s if you can learn from ur mistakes or continue with that life and end up miserable later in life.