Music

Exclusive: “God Doesn’t Like Dirty”! Dencia’s Whitenicious UK Press Tour Garners More Notoriety

Dencia at Live at Battersea - March 2014 - BellaNaija - 028

Dencia is on a media roll…on a mission to defend and promote Whitenicious.

Have you seen her latest interview on Channel 4 Newsclick here to watch. She also scored another TV interview with BBC for an all new episode of BBC Focus Africa – Watch below.

The Cameroonian pop star was also present with Jim Iyke for an interview on Vox Africa‘s hit show – Live @Battersea. She wore a custom sequined red jumpsuit and black Versace heels.

Host Adesope Olajide asked about her brand, Lupita Nyong’o and the upcoming interview with Oprah Winfrey‘s TV network.

Dencia at Live at Battersea - March 2014 - BellaNaija - 022Dencia at Live at Battersea - March 2014 - BellaNaija - 023

On if Whitenicious is a bleaching cream, Dencia explained how hydroquinone is used in most creams to tone and lighten dark spots.

“It will bleach your skin, yes. But, is that what I’m selling it for? No.” She goes on to say “I’m a Christian and if I was selling Whitenicious for the purpose of bleaching the whole skin and lying about it, I don’t think God would have blessed me with selling out in 24 hours. God doesn’t like dirty and I believe that because I’m honest about what I’m doing, whatever the media is saying that is their problem. My little voice will be heard one day. As the saying says lies travel around the world before the truth gets to put on its shoes.”

Dencia at Live at Battersea - March 2014 - BellaNaija - 024Dencia at Live at Battersea - March 2014 - BellaNaija - 026

She also explained the old pictures of her being darker that circulated online and now she is extremely lighter. Dencia stated that she had a tan and she’s naturally light.

Dencia at Live at Battersea - March 2014 - BellaNaija - 027Dencia at Live at Battersea - March 2014 - BellaNaija - 025

On the controversy surrounding Lupita’s speech in which she was mentioned, she says “In this age in 2014 you think that if a little girl wrote a letter she wouldn’t come out and say that it was her. Someone in her camp sent me an email saying that the letter was made up.

Let me tell you something about us black people, we always like to bring each other down. I’m building an orphanage in Cameroon. There are amazing things I’m doing with orphanages. I do all these things and I don’t talk about it because I believe it’s God’s work that I’m doing and the bible says that when you give with your right hand, your left hand should not know.

Dencia at Live at Battersea - March 2014 - BellaNaija - 021Dencia at Live at Battersea - March 2014 - BellaNaija - 029

When you look at Lupita, she has all this publicity, what is she doing for charity, what does she stand for, what is she supporting. Then you look at the small girl Denica, she’s the black girl from Africa, she’s probably ignorant and she doesn’t know what she’s doing. Let me jump on her and get some media, because at the end of the day she got media off of it. When people get publicity they want more.

At the end of the day, I don’t care about her story and I don’t want to talk about her or say anything negative against her. We just talked about her, did I say anything negative. I thank her for the publicity.” she says.

On the much buzzed about documentary “Light Girls” for OWN, Oprah Winfrey’s Network, she says “I feel like they want to take advantage of Whitenicious. They need the show, they need me but you know what, if the pay is good, I’ll do it…The questions they want to ask me they can ask Rihanna, Beyonce and Nicki Minaj because they have all lightened their skin. But since they are bigger, you can’t ask them and you want to ask me so, pay me.”

Photo Credit: Michael Tubes Creation | Sync Photos

1. ao

March 22, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Eeeewwww. BN, please stop giving this white rat called Dencia a platform to display her stupidity and get paid for it.

• The way BN follows her movement is disturbing. She’s like a fly, just everywhere. And She says God doesn’t like dirty. Sweety, I’m not so sure He likes you either.

• Dolly

March 23, 2014 at 1:56 am

Ok I must say Dencia won me over with this line;

LMBFAO……girl get yo check, i swear i aint even mad at cha!

• JACKIE

March 23, 2014 at 4:41 am

I ALSO AGREE… in addition she hit that journalist in the video HARD… When the journalist critiqued her colour, she asked the journalist: “do you have a perm in your hair … everyone is a hypocrite!”…

Thereafter, the foolish reporter was cut off by her own studio when they saw Dencia was winning.

Although I do not support Dencia, it must be stated that it is a pity that black people are the ones bringing down other black people! Great pity indeed!!!

Thank God Dencia stood up for herself, notwithstanding the subject matter!

• ao

March 23, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Rihanna and Beyonce were both born with light-skin. There is enough pictures of them in childhood to prove that. Nicki Minaj, I don’t know.

• Vicky

March 24, 2014 at 1:26 pm

u call someone white rat….your dp is a picture of a white baby…..(some may call a white rat)….but u dont have to be rude

• I said So

March 24, 2014 at 4:38 pm

you should totally watch this interview she had below… Then u see how dirty she is…runs her mouth, no respect for herself, classless,..like such an Idiot!

• gh_Mk

March 25, 2014 at 2:35 am

I watched the interview. She wasnt being rude. She just threw shade once. But for the most part she was never rude. So, I dont know what rude is in your opinion.

2. molokwu peter

March 22, 2014 at 7:09 pm

Chukwu No nee ni gwe.

• i no send

March 22, 2014 at 7:25 pm

lol…

3. neis

March 22, 2014 at 7:12 pm

Dencia is clueless tho! U knw d bible says don’t let ur right. Hand knw wht ur left hand is doing yet u hv bn blabbing abt orphanages u r building and asking. Wht lupita has done? Seriously girl! Smh

4. GreenDiamond

March 22, 2014 at 7:15 pm

i don’t get it tho, why do they keep saying role model. she bleached her skin because it was her choice and she made it clear that its a dark sport removal. and she made a good point u have perm on and u r a presenter isn’t african beauty natural hair too, everyone should be left to live their lives please and receive the right judgement from God and not the media. and no i didn’t bleach my skin!

• Changing Faces

March 22, 2014 at 9:08 pm

You did!

• Mimi

March 22, 2014 at 9:53 pm

Relaxing hair can’t be compared to bleaching. I have thick hair ( which I love) but when I was young I dreaded washing my hair because I knew I was going to cry ( this is mostly as a result my mum and I not knowing how to manage my hair and minimize the tangles. I now joke that my hair use to break wooden combs back in the day. The first chance I got I relaxed my hair not because I do not like it but because it would be more manageable (washing, combing is easier). I agree that everyone should be allowed to live there life as long as they respect the other person right. The decision to bleach becomes a problem people who bleach have kids, and there issues is transferred to their kids. Their believes and insecurities are transfer to children who can either make miserable for other kid by oppressing them/be miserable because the inherit the same issues / became a luck few who are unaffected.

• Bling

March 22, 2014 at 11:04 pm

Relaxing and bleaching is same. You cant choose your sins. Just because your folks didn’t know how to take care of African hair says volumes. Why.. Why should it pain. Afro is NOT hard to maintain. They were caught up with the relaxer bug and fried your hair and you want to judge someone that fries her skin. Abeg you are all the same.

• Nnenna Morah

March 23, 2014 at 8:25 am

You believe that your reason for altering the texture of your God given hair is more legitimate compared to her altering her skin color. Be very careful when you pass judgment on issues relating to beauty practices of anyone. Let me mention but a few and you may feel free to be reminded that we all are guilty of this so called “insecurities”
      Shaving and altering the shape of your eyebrows, wearing lipsticks in shades contrary to the natural color of your hair, wearing pants/western inspired fashion. Wearing heels to alter your actual height, wearing blush/using makeup to alter the shape/size of your nose/face/eye. Wearing false eyelashes to make it seem like it longer/fuller. Wearing padded bra to enhance/alter the size and shape of your breast (feel free to let it hang low). Wearing bodyshapers to alter your body shap/make your stomach look flatter. Wearing colored contact lenses to change the color of your eyes. ………… May I go on? What makes you think that these afore mentioned practices does not influence the way the younger generation think about self and beauty? The things we do are all learned behavior. Reasons given to do whatever we do are subjectively good or bad, in other words, to each his own. Life is too short.

• Abi

March 23, 2014 at 10:50 am

I get what Nnennah Morah and bling are saying but I’m going to come to the defense of Mimi. I think what everyone is confusing is that changing your hair colour, relaxin your hair, shaving your eyebrows, wearing heels, lipstick, padded bras and all the things mentioned have one thing in common that bleaching your skin doesn’t, they are TEMPORARY. If I relaxed my hair and decider tomorrow that I want to be natural again all I have to do is cut my hair. Same thing with makeup and body shapers and the rest. I don’t judge anyone but PERMANENTLY altering the colour of your skin can NOT be compared to temporarily altering your hair colour or texture of wearing heels or makeup.
      If she would stop being so defensive about the cream and just leave it for what it essentially is, a bleaching cream, and accept that they way the product was advertised gives a completely different message from the ‘dark spot remover’ message she’s desperately trying to peddle, maybe people would at .east give her that respect. The advert for the cream doesn’t have a picture of her with dark spots previously and now they’re all gone after whitenicious, it shows an extremely whitened dencia with very little clothes any therefore doesn’t sell her supposed ‘message’.

• bunny

April 6, 2014 at 7:11 am

I mean… really? Is makeup a tattoo on the forehead? Doesn’t it come off?? So do relaxers and high heels. Skin bleaching at this level is permanent and detrimental. I don’t even know why everyone is hyped. She already looks like she could be related to Micheal Jackson. A pray in five to ten years she still looks normal. (AKA lil kim). Anyway, she is cashing in so more power to her. But dang… clueless much???

5. Tiny

March 22, 2014 at 7:24 pm

Naaaaah, this is just off! She has totally lost it and I doubt if I would have anything else to say concerning her and her product. This is just 50 shades of wrong! Anyway, I wish her the best in whatever it is that she’s trying to achieve.*sigh*

6. @edDREAMZ

March 22, 2014 at 7:37 pm

seriously i really can’t pick any point on what she is saying…. God hate dirty, what is that suppose to mean.. Technically she is saying if yu are black yu are dirty or when she made this statement “””Let me tell you something about us black people, we always like to bring each other down.””” what is that suppose to mean, that we blacks (living out the asians, whites and latinos) dont like the success of another human being…. Is obvious she regrets being black……. Well, like they say, age is just a number, she is so immature.. I pray she develops some brains bcos got non…. Next pls…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• toodles

March 23, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Please read it again o. She meant dirty as in lies. Please read itt again dear. She never in any way mean blacks. She compared lies to dirtiness.

• L'afrique

March 24, 2014 at 1:00 am

Chineke! EdDREAMZ is saying someone else should develop brains?

• Mz Socially Awkward...

March 24, 2014 at 11:35 am

Leave our Ed alone oh, he’s growing some new level of insightfulness, right before our eyes. Give it time… 🙂

• Ewa

March 24, 2014 at 12:01 pm

LOL

7. missy J

March 22, 2014 at 7:39 pm

Dammmmmnn…am so loving her response on the so called Oprah Interview. #coversface for Oprah and her Team#

• Bling

March 22, 2014 at 11:08 pm

Yes I loved that, This girl is smart.

8. Tee

March 22, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Dencia is def delusional trying to quote the Bible and involving God in this.It is clear that the media is hypocritical becos they have seen more whitening/brightening cream in more shops in UK and US than give audience to somewhere from Africa to play politics.Its sure a good cover story for a any reporter.I think after whitenicious,clarins should be the next,then Vantex,Meladerm and all the ‘derm’ on their shelves in US that are whitening creams.Its a pity OWN is looking for a good knockout but not this trash pls

9. NONY

March 22, 2014 at 7:49 pm

I WILL REPEAT AGAIN…THIS GIRL DID NOT INVENT BLEACHING…BLEACHING HAD REACHED ITS PEAK WAY BEFORE THIS GIRL WAS BORN..MAKING HER THE POSTER CHILD FOR BLEACHING IS TOTALLY MISGUIDED…SHE HAS TOLD U PEOPLE ITS FOR BLEACHING DARK SPOTS AND HYPERPIGMENTATION…DOCTORS HERE IN THE US PRESCRIBE HYDROQUINONE UP TO 4% STRENGTH FOR DARK SPOTS AND HYPER-PIGMENTATION..ALL THIS HYPE IS RIDICULOUS…AND SHE IS REALLY MILKING IT…SHE ON THE OTHER HAND NEEDS TO TONE DOWN THE GARRISH AND MASQUERADE LIKE DRESSING AND GIVE HERSELF SOME CREDIBILITY THAT’S ALL!!

• Fouziya

March 23, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Totally agree!!! Bleaching has been an issue for decades. Its just a shame she gets so much attention. The way she talks and behaves on interviews is really not helping black women and how our image out her in the West.

• gh_Mk

March 25, 2014 at 2:46 am

you couldnt have said it any better!!

10. ss

March 22, 2014 at 7:50 pm

it’s so sad how she has got EVERYTHING twisted..she doesn’t even know what she is saying. Even if people like beyonce, nicki minaj and rihanna are bleaching, you shouldn’t follow the same trend.don’t make excuses for someone’s actions. YOU as a human being should set an example for others. They might be using bleaching creams and what not, but it does not change the fact that these products do more harm than good..afterall you are earning money at the expense of someone’s health. Again, no one is really trying to bring you down…just look at the name of your product “whitenicious” WHY would you call your product that??!!! it just says so much about what you are selling ( Names are important) . I really can’t believe Dencia or take her seriously…smh

11. naijababe__

March 22, 2014 at 7:57 pm

she cant even compose her self on tv..this is a good example of you can take a person out of a village but cant take a village out of a person

12. El patron medellin cartel

March 22, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Its her business Oprah should pay her now! They Should allow her breath Jor! Like Her Music and her industry! Keep it up girl

13. tee

March 22, 2014 at 8:21 pm

i love that interviewer though! she just totally ignored this odensin called dencia…………..LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

14. nonye

March 22, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Park!

15. stacie

March 22, 2014 at 9:04 pm

bella pls where can I get whitenicious??? I know some of you girls want to give this a try. I have dark spots and hyper-pigmentation.

• Non professional opinion

March 22, 2014 at 10:29 pm

If you look at the picture of her feet, you will see dark spots. Why didn’t she use her product.

• Caveat emptor

March 22, 2014 at 11:26 pm

Do not order from this chic. Not only does her product not remove any dark spot, it leaves you with ingrown dark hair. She charges 40% sales tax and $35 to ship the product through USPS not even FeDex or UPS. You get the product it’s half empty. When you email her that her ish don’t work, she tells you to order more because you need at least 4 weeks before your skin regenerate new cells. (Didn’t her website say results in 7 days?) Go to skincaretalk.com to read reviews of her product. This girl an barrawo selling half empty containers of some cheap ingredients she mixed in her studio apt at astronomical prices. Simple and short

• Ebony

March 23, 2014 at 2:29 pm

@Caveat emptor chei idleness is bad Lol! That is how this your comment took me to skincaretalk another comment there Lipstick Alley and I cam across this video of Dencia from four years ago on world star hip hop I haff laff tire! The comments on both forums are hilarious seems like she has always had a bad attitude and reputation lol. So much dirt in the comment sections of these two forums:)

• Ebony

March 23, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Here is the video on Lipstick Alley lipstickalley.com/showthread.php?t=342418&page=3

• felly

March 23, 2014 at 5:19 am

Thanks for keeping it real my sister

16. Lovely

March 22, 2014 at 9:10 pm

OPRAH will crush her!! she bear not go ohh.

17. BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

March 22, 2014 at 9:18 pm

HM, DENCIA GAT SHUT DOWN. OUCH!!!!

18. Mystery

March 22, 2014 at 9:36 pm

I misjudged Dencia until I watched this interview. Why do we so judge when we are all guilty. We should wear our natural hair and leave human hair et al alone. Likewise skin; u can leave your natural colour or bleach your soul if you so wish with whitenicious! She loves to bleach and is doing it well in business. It’s her life and her skin after all! Do whatever you please with yours and quit making whitenicious popular by throwing shades at Dencia!

19. Dimples

March 22, 2014 at 9:42 pm

theres 99 demonic spirits in this thing called dencia, including succubus and incubus.

i bind this mamiwater in Jesus name

• Ore

March 22, 2014 at 11:16 pm

LMAOOOO

20. Mystery

March 22, 2014 at 9:42 pm

I can feel the inferiority complex burning inside that journalist interviewing Dencia! Little wonder she’s seriously attacking her with offensive questions…hahaha! Black is beautiful but Yellow popo is better! Lol! Dencia’s Mouth and Wig tho…

21. Jokes

March 22, 2014 at 9:52 pm

She gets so defensive & ends up making no sense. Here’s the thing dencia, simply own your shit! When they ask you – did you bleach your skin? Yes! Are you selling a bleaching product? Yes! Are you saying there’s something wrong with darker skin? Yes! Just keep saying YES! Yes! Yes! To every question and let’s keep this train moving 100.
    I mean, it is what it is and there’s no need for this circus, regardless of how anti this everyone is, the people who want to bleach their skin will still do so. The problem comes when you dencia gets so defensive. Own your shit and the interviews will end in 2 minutes.
    And…. I find some of the questions at her, in tone & insinuation to be quite leading, & judgemental & condescending.

• teniola

March 23, 2014 at 9:22 am

Exactly! Stand by what you are selling and leave the ringo ringo BS! It’s a whitening cream, yes yes yes! Who cares, if u like to look white, your cup of tea dear! Stop being so freaking defensive! You are building orphanages, good for you, stand by ur left hand right hand qoute, Lupita wasn’t dissing you, you just fell in the convo. That mop of blonde hair, really?!

22. D'Mamma

March 22, 2014 at 10:15 pm

BN u people can disown sha…shey it’s now Cameroonian pop star no longer Cameroonian-Nigerian?! Lol! Issorait!!

23. Me

March 22, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Everything she says, we must be reminded of the orphanage she’s built and what has Lupita done. Just because it’s not in the paper doesn’t mean she doesn’t reach out to the needy. Most times, people that really touch lives don’t sing about it all the time. Sorry to burst your bubble but you sound very unintelligent

24. BA

March 22, 2014 at 10:22 pm

she’s right on beyonce, nicki and rihanna.

25. Omolola

March 22, 2014 at 10:46 pm

In totally unrelated news, I LOVE her shoes. The girl obviously suffers from an inferiority complex.

26. Ebony

March 22, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Sisi Dencia abeg you don forget to whitenicious the dark spots on your feet ooooo! With all the work she has had done I am surprised she hasn’t touched her nose yet I guess profits from whitenecious will soon take care of that.

27. Ebony

March 22, 2014 at 10:48 pm

And what’s with the gloves do we have a dark knuckles problem?

28. Toyosi

March 22, 2014 at 11:30 pm

She’s really ticking me off right now. I watched her interview with Channel 4 as well. Why so defensive? All they’re asking you to do is accept that your campaign/adverts are sending a message to young girls that people don’t approve. In the Channel 4 interview, she said her role model was her ‘sister’, who is dark skinned… now her role model is her ‘aunt’. If you’re criticising Lupita Nyong’o for allegedly lying, why are you doing the same? I’m so irritated right now, and the way she speaks to people is so rude and unprofessional. Take off your sunshades, you’re not in the sun.

29. hely

March 22, 2014 at 11:41 pm

Yessso you perm your hair, you wear hair extensions, fake nails, worship oyibo god. Speak oyibo language, drive oyibo car, this internet na oyibo man make am. Because while we are busy indulging in petty judging of ourselves he(oyinbo) is in the lab creating shit that will keep him in power for the next millenia. Everything and african does is from oyibo and you are here accusing dencia of what???? Oh its not the same right!!
    The whole world knows africans are pathetic they lack the ability to combat serious problems like poverty in their continent but enjoy trashing each other. All i see is decendants of Slaves arguing on the ” acceptable” ways to mimick the master(oyibo). Skin bleaching is wrong but her relaxing is good lol!!!! What’s wrong with your natural afro miss pro african????

30. NNENNE

March 23, 2014 at 1:47 am

Bleaching creams were here before Dencia was born, please leave her alone. Americans have been making them for a long time. Those who want to use it will, with or without Dencia.
    I hate when they create this impression that all African look like the massai tribe of Kenya. When they see a brown or tan Nigeria they will be asking you what race you are mixed with.Africans come in different colors and shapes.Not all of us are bleaching. Some Americans and Asians also bleach.My point… LEAVE DENCIA ALONE!!

31. Lix

March 23, 2014 at 2:35 am

ok..this is some bull shit…Denica is not and i repeat is not naturally light. Denica was a caramel skin all that rubbish about her getting a tan is a bunch of lies, I have met Reprudencia and i can swear under oat that she was caramel infact i will take a lie detector..she should stop lying and come 100…mehn u are going to sell regardless so stop lying sick and tired of the lying game.

32. Hot sumtyn

March 23, 2014 at 2:53 am

My own is doesn’t she have clothes that are not jumpsuits?

33. Xtsy

March 23, 2014 at 4:07 am

Dencia is to bleacher’s what karma is to sinner’s

34. annemarie

March 23, 2014 at 4:23 am

No single person– male or female, black or white, rich or poor– should ever be made to represent a huge group of people just because they are in the spotlight. If I’m a black African girl, I know only what it’s like to be me. I can’t speak for every black African girl on the planet.

Leave Dencia alone. She doesn’t have to live by anybody else’s rules…..unless you would like to enslave her?

35. Nnenna Morah

March 23, 2014 at 8:26 am

• Sam

March 23, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Sorry, how can we compare relaxing your hair to bleaching skin!!! This is just another absurd excuse to justify that skin bleaching is ok, which we know it is not. When a person relaxes their hair in 3-4 weeks the relaxer wears off meaning that your hair will be back to its natural glory. The chemical is not as harsh as the majority of skin bleaching creams which can lead to skin cancer. Again black people are being bounded by a slave mentality that the lighter you are the more successful and beautiful you appear to be. If Dencia was promoting a spot removal cream, then why not state this clearly in her advertising. Why then will she include pictures of herself looking even paler than the average white person. Why call the product Whitenicious which employs that you altering the skin to make it white and with it being white it is more desirable. If she has the wrong ad campaign and she is not supporting skin bleaching why place this in your ads. She is clearly contradicting her self on the subject matter and making herself look uneducated and foolish. The pictures in her ad campaign look whiter than she actually does. Please refrain yourself from making comparisons that you clearly have no understanding of. All the the notions you came up with are things that don’t portray such in depth controversial views. Why should a woman not wear a bra. Don’t be so ridiculous this is not the stone ages. If you want to get rid of dark spots fair enough however this cream clearly does not employ this.

• hely

March 23, 2014 at 11:43 pm

Wear your natural hair. If you want credibility. A is ok be is not … rubbish. Relaxer burnt my sisters scalp till today hair doesn’t grow there anymore. Am sick of crack addicts pointing fingers at heroin addicts. Relaxer , bleaching cream are chemicals stop justifying one and condemnming the order. Every african is assimilating to the western culture one way or another. If your image nolonger looks like and your believes nolonger tallies with the believes of the orignal mothers of africa shut your hypocritical mouth

• Sira

March 24, 2014 at 10:39 am

Illiterate like you, how does relaxer wear off? You’re obviously a man who doesn’t know how these things work. Let me break it down to you…. relaxer permanently alters the molecular structure of the hair, women go for touch-ups not to re-straighten but to chemically straighten the new growth. I hope with this simple explanation you can see why people equate bleaching to relaxing ones hair, both procedures are permanent.

36. viv

March 23, 2014 at 9:26 am

Why is she always covering the bleaching problem areas i.e eyes, hands, feet. Dencia your bkeaching skin to make people lighter, just own up to it. They wont kill you. Its your trade and your not the first.

37. Noni

March 23, 2014 at 10:07 am

At least they’ve dropped the “Nigerian” part, God knows Nigeria doesn’t need more bad publicity. I haven’t seen any of her interviews because I don’t care to see a liar spin more webs but I’m getting tired of seeing this rubbish coming up over and over again as news.

38. ugh

March 23, 2014 at 11:35 am

why why why do people make it always seem like relaxing your hair is the devils work. I don’t even feel accepted in society im naturally lightskin my great grand ma is half white. and i feel like everyone looks at us lighther skin BLACK people as eveil people.

39. Kryx

March 23, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Dencia! Dencia!! Dencia!!! A simple question..what legacy do you intend to leave on humanity, years after you’re gone? And still yet, what are you being widely known for now? A good cause? A materialist preacher or an inspiration through your craft. As I type this, I’m also asking myself the same questions. To my fellow BNaites, those that jump on the slightest opportunity to abuse and rain general insults to their country, race and continent; how are you helping to heal the so-called wounds you’ve gladly spotted. Back to Dencia, from that overly defensive interview of yours, it is clear you’re out to FIGHT a lot of opinions on your product. You need not do that, if your conscience is clear on the intent of your creation. And whose now telling her left hand what the right has done with orphanages in Cameroun? I have learnt something from you my dear; truth doesn’t FIGHT to be seen, its seen anyways. Your use of the word DIRTY stirs up quite a lot of meanings. Sometimes, I think you put yourself in the blast by your self-destructive choice of FIGHTS and words. Lupita is quiet and winning; you’re getting more attention; explains the Oprah interview invitation! Just how long will all this last ma’am? How long?

• hely

March 23, 2014 at 11:59 pm

When africans learn to combat real problems instead of critizings effects of their inablity to develop africa. The jewish man can now proudly say he is a jew. The china man can now come to nigeria and slap nigerians around like slaves because hus country is an economic power house. So until goat brain african government makes africa an economic power house andca pride of the black man, we will continue to run, accept secon class citizen status, fill up foreign prisons and asylums, relax our hair, bleach our skin, expect too much from one another, scam one another. A WISE MAN KNOWS THAT TO STOP NIGHT AND DAY, YOU MUST FIRST STOP THE ROTATION OF THE EARTH. Then again africans are followers not originators. Moral behavior is always more important to africans than economics.

40. chokl8candie

March 23, 2014 at 1:04 pm

i just dont understand BN …..so all of a sudden dencia is just camerounian when she’s mentioned on several occasions that she’s half nigerian but y’all are u so quick to claim yvonne okoro as half Nigerian when she’s never evn mentioned in any interview that she acknowleges her nigerian side ….y’all are really biased. Dencia is nigerian too and i agree with every statement she’s made. If pple want to bleach its their business. Whats the diffetence between smone who relaxes her natural hair cus she feels it luks better than her natural hair and smone who lightens her skin cuz she feels it luks better than her dark skin? All those attackin her shd leave her alone already. Its her skin and her money not yours

41. Sam

March 23, 2014 at 1:13 pm

That’s what I’m saying, she’s clearly bleaching and that’s the cream she is promoting. No ifs buts or maybes. Why she trying to hide this and shout. The pictures evidently show this. Just own up to it and stop being silly. This will definitely effect women off all ages. Not just young girls but women in their 20s , 30s and even 40s who bleach their skin. It will also effect our young men who think that dark skin women are not as desirable as lighter skinned women. She needs to fix up and think about the message she is illustrating. No one will kill you if you bleach but the promotion is not good.

• random

March 23, 2014 at 9:53 pm

I was wondering the same.

• kristy

March 24, 2014 at 7:46 am

Dencia was a dark girl while growing up make she no lie say naturally light skin.we went to school together.many of us tone n bleach our skin now our then but we donot deny it or hide behind darkspots.Bleaching is by choice.Bellanaija you are giving dencia more than enough publicity thereby marketing whitenicious.

• Girl Bye!

March 25, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Thank you!!! the million dollar question; WHY HASN’T YOUR “DARK SPOT REMOVER” REMOVED YOUR OWN DARK SPOTS??

42. GladiatorInASuit

March 23, 2014 at 1:52 pm

I agree that you can argue that relaxing your hair is similar to bleaching. Because both involve a permanent chemical change to the cells in your skin and hair. Relaxing is permanent. The only way to get rid of a relaxer is to cut your hair. And the only way to revert to your original skin colour once you’ve bleached is to wait for new skin to grow in.
    But please putting on make-up, wearing spanx, bra’s etc is NOT the same. I can wipe the make -up off my face and still look like myself. I don’t wear make up because I think my bare face is INFERIOR. I wear it to hide bags under my eyes when I’m tired, to look glamorous, to look alert, and to enhance my features. There are days I go with out make up and I still feel beautiful. So please o, don’t put me in the same category as Miss Dense because I love mac. It ain’t the same thing.
    Watching her interviews reminded me of an old saying “don’t have an argument with a stupid person – they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!”

43. TheTruth13

March 23, 2014 at 2:05 pm

I don’t like the way Dencia is constantly being bashed and questioned. We are all adults and can do what we please, I don’t see how it concerns anybody and she is so right, the world is full of hypocrites. People seriously need to find something better to talk about. I mean come on, don’t we have big issues to worry about.

44. TheTruth13

March 23, 2014 at 2:06 pm

*bigger

45. Simdamsel

March 23, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Dis one wey she covered up like ojuju so , sure she is covering d not properly bleached area .

46. Truth

March 23, 2014 at 2:48 pm

She ought to use her product on her godforsaken feet

47. Ifeanyi

March 23, 2014 at 9:09 pm

…she asked, ‘do you perm your hair???

Is like criticizing all non-vegetarian why they eat chicken and not cats!!! Perming your hair is not to make you look like something you are not…its ephemeral and not from a point of view of been someone else…

Bleaching has the opposite effects of the above…Densia looks different and fake!! Wanting to be something else…

48. Singer

March 23, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Trash!

49. Amh

March 24, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Currently in hupiter, its that you . Am amazed boy, you are growing up fast. Dencia gerrout.

50. Mimi

March 24, 2014 at 4:33 pm

I don’t believe Dencia when she says the pics of her darker is when she had a tan. Exactly what kind of tan did you have? We’re you baking under the sun for months and years? Looking at different photos of her, her skin color varies from white (whitenicious promos) to brown in other media photos.. She should just admit to bleaching so everyone can leave her alone lol
    But see, for some people born light, they darken over the years, eg my youngest bro was almost biracial looking when he was born, but now at 14, he has darkened to tan. If this is what Dencia is like, she should just say she lightened her skin back to its original color for crying out loud. The proof is in the pictures! How can you go from brown skinned to white skinned, and call it a tan. We aren’t fools.
    Don’t even know why I’m wasting my thumb typing strength aka breath on this subject. I will just continue to watch

51. Ferrari

March 24, 2014 at 5:55 pm

I feel so sad listening to her i just want to hug her. i don’t think that we all put together can hate her half as much as she hates herself.

• Muslim lady

March 29, 2014 at 1:54 pm

this is deep

52. ify

April 17, 2014 at 3:32 pm

av neva seen her face befor, her cheek looks shredded, looks old. ewwwww

53. michele a.

May 9, 2014 at 10:27 pm

So because the damage is reversable then it is acceptable? If a persion decides to do permanent damade to themselves it is just as much in their rights as someone who decides to do minimal damade by relaxing their hair, wearing heels etc, getting tattoos, even smoking (#cause of cancer) if she was selling cigarettes would anyone mind? She is selling, she did not force no one to buy, if you have your strong conviction that your black is beautiful then what is the problem here? What, little girls will get the wrong messages? She did not invent bleaching, it was there before your time and even your parent’s time, yet you did not bleach yourself, instill your morals and strengths in your little girls and lets give this a rest, you all are just creating more publicity