Music

Must Watch! Olamide premieres “Sitting on the Throne” & “Anifowose” Videos

Olamide - Sitting on the Throne - March 2014 - BellaNaija 01

All hail king Baddo!

It’s double delight for all Olamide fans. The Nigerian rap superstar has premiered two spanking new music videos.

They are “Sitting on the Throne” and “Anifowose“. You can help but appreciate the crisp visuals. If only most of our Nigerian music stars can take a note from this, we will love our videos more.

Directed by Kemi Adetiba.

Check it out!

Sitting on the Throne

Anifowose

1. X- Factor

March 18, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Wow.. the dude is deep!
    very good expression
    Weldone Kemi Adetiba!

2. sizle

March 18, 2014 at 5:55 pm

omg…im obsessed with ‘Anifowose’ Looooove d creativity….concept kinda got me tearing..

3. Abby

March 18, 2014 at 5:59 pm

I had tears in my eyes watching Anifowose. The white boy chopping pounded yam tho – that cracked me up. Nice video concepts, well done Olamide!! #frosh

4. Esco

March 18, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Olamide is the a top lyricist and the best in Nigerian music today. This is a 5mic album, really bumping this every day in my car.

5. olori Tari

March 18, 2014 at 6:33 pm

Kemi Adetiba at it again….Super woman. Olamide is here again…I particularly like the Anifowose story…well expressed.

6. deb

March 18, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Kemi Adetiba, nice concept. You are intelligent.

7. Que

March 18, 2014 at 6:56 pm

OLAMIDEEEEEEE OOOOOO!!! My luv keeps growing. After hearing Yemi my Lover, there was no going back….. n these videos are called ‘talent meets talent’….for once in a long while d director didnt outshine d artiste…..great combo!! Xoxo!

8. Esco

March 18, 2014 at 7:00 pm

I just had to comment again after watching the Anifowoshe video. I am Igbo and cant speak a word of Yoruba to save my life, but I must say that this song is a fire! The concept behind the video is well thought and Olamide delivers as usual.

Olamide, next videos should either be for either Gbadun Arawa” or “Church”.Those are my 2 best songs on the Baddest Guy Ever Liveth album.

Top Nigerian Rap albums of all time:

1. Junior N Pretty – Fufu Flavour
    2. M.I. – M.I. 2
    3. Trybesmen – (first album)
    4. Olamide – Baddest Guy Ever Liveth
    5. Sauce Kid – Money Long mixtape

• Onye Ara

March 19, 2014 at 8:56 am

How can you choose M.I. 2 over TALK ABOUT IT? That was the definition of an era.

9. Warri Babe

March 18, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Anifowose brought tears to my eyes….the storyline and lyrics are very deep, had goosebumps…..reminds me of the song ‘jale’, Olamide is good and I appreciate the fact that he gives glory to God for bringing him this far….his lyrics#

10. gbemmy

March 18, 2014 at 8:15 pm

dope!!!!!!!!!!

11. TrendySturvs Blog

March 18, 2014 at 8:20 pm

12. rotfl

March 18, 2014 at 8:25 pm

omg! never bought any of our nigerian artiste album ever! but i dd olamide’s album today….brova, whatever inspires you you better dont be stupid to loose it…cheers

13. Bisi O.

March 18, 2014 at 8:26 pm

All hail King Baddo, Kemi and her crew!!

14. Me

March 18, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Goosebumps on anifowose. Wow

15. Blue

March 18, 2014 at 8:27 pm

I’m i the only emotional one here after listening to Anifowose? this is so deep….and Olamide hasnt disappointed either. Tongues out to you all, my ladies!! You laugh at me because i’m a woman and a mum and can still rap and sing anything from Olamide….you see, my guy has done it again! he!he!he!he!

16. Blue

March 18, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Everybody na king for “hin” ile!…. Badoo!!! he! he!!he!! this guy wont put me into trouble with hubby dearest.
    Forgot to add earlier, if thats Kwam 1 backing up in Anifowose, then wao! that voice is forever! Pity we get everything second hand here in Ivory Coast…..cos i need this album like……..

• Olamide's Greatest Fan Ever Liveth

March 19, 2014 at 10:52 am

KWAM 1 backing up ke? Olamide used the chorus from KWAM 1’s song that’s what you’re hearing! Lol at KWAM 1 singing back up. How?

17. DJ STELCH

March 18, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Badooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! Respect Brov… Awesome Video!!

……………..
    ¤GROWN MAN IN A YOUNG BODY¤

18. Tosin baby

March 18, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Love love love it!!!

19. Seyi

March 18, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Absolutely love the Anifowose video!

more-than-one-love.blogspot.co.uk

20. TheTruth13

March 18, 2014 at 9:38 pm

How I just love Olamide. Keeps it real and his so humble. Just shows how you should never look down on anybody, the person who is nobody today could become somebody tomorrow. Alhamdulillah!

21. wemothers

March 18, 2014 at 11:43 pm

nice one there

22. Ayo

March 19, 2014 at 12:40 am

banging song and video!!!

23. SOLO ACT

March 19, 2014 at 12:58 am

i was laughing when u guys said Anifowose brought tears to your eyes, until i watched it. wow that is the real nigeria right there. soo much potential living in abject poverty, no electricity no access to education! OLAMIDE! may GOD continue to bless u and your parents! i hope all of u in VI and lekki watched this vid because this is the other large part of Nigeria u choose to IGNORE

• Tish

March 19, 2014 at 11:34 am

What’s that now?! So everyone who lives in VI and Lekki must be snobs and everyone who lives elsewhere must be impoverished?

Stop with the myopic reasoning already! Sheeesh

24. mimi o

March 19, 2014 at 1:59 am

The way i love this song ehn….i didnt even know wat it was abt.But it just sounds good.

25. Luqman

March 19, 2014 at 6:53 am

Eni tio sebi alaru loyingbo, kole sebi adegboro loja oba (if you don’t strive in life, you won’t reach the greater height)………….. noted!

26. Amh

March 19, 2014 at 7:40 am

Beautiful song

27. 5'5

March 19, 2014 at 8:04 am

love it!! Anifowose for the win!

28. TeamLFA

March 19, 2014 at 9:11 am

”Anifowose” video styled by Liam Fashion Agency

29. honeyposh

March 19, 2014 at 9:45 am

if olamide coughs into a CD,am going to buy,wow that guy is good,yeah its dat serious…….anifowose jeez got me teary eyed….damn

30. whocares

March 19, 2014 at 10:20 am

My friends don’t understand my Olamide craze.. how I can be jumping up to a Placebo song one minute and then Olamide the next… HE IS ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His lyrics, songs, and now videos!!! I usually don’t watch music videos (except the BN ones. lol) but ahh Anifowose, the range of emotions it evoked in me was something else. I am truly glad this man achieved fame, and we get to listen to his beautiful songs now.

31. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

March 19, 2014 at 10:21 am

BIG UP KEMI ADETIBA…YOU ARE A BREATH OF FRESH AIR WITH THIS TYPE OF CREATIVITY!!!

32. Ms J.S Bass

March 19, 2014 at 10:57 am

I was crying while I watched Anifowose from start to finish. Too much poverty in the land but somehow, we thank God for hope, faith and strength to push on. Thank you Olamide and Kemi Adetiba for bring reality to reality.

P.S: Thank you Kwam 1 for the yoruba proverbs!

33. Anon

March 19, 2014 at 11:29 am

Talented brother! Finally a video and song with meaning. Love it and actually teared about watching the last video. God Bless your hustle bro!

34. bombom

March 19, 2014 at 1:13 pm

I had pass thru dis,my mum sold her cloth and jewelries just to train us out of school and at the end she died without eating the fruits of her labour*crying*. I thank God for the kind of upbringing she gave us even though I have not achieve the goals I want to achieve, I will still say Thank God and also Thank her,I truly really missed her*sobbing*.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

March 19, 2014 at 11:22 pm

But she left her hope alive in you all and you were living proof to her that she was sowing into a legacy. She did it for a reason even though she didn’t wait to see that reason materialise so make sure you keep her hopes alive in her absence. I am indeed sorry for your loss.

@the videos, that second one was very real. The real Nigeria, shot in real Nigerian locations and Olamide gets a lot of points for doing that. I didn’t understand a word but I definitely heard the message, so job well done to Kemi.

• Shai

March 20, 2014 at 2:41 pm

You got me crying bro. May her soul RIP.. Amen…

35. Oma

March 19, 2014 at 2:42 pm

This album..every song from start to finish is GREAT…too bad some people might not be able to understand the yoruba he uses but dude is deeep… he speaks to your soul…from ESUPOFO to ELEDA MI to BLOW to Mu EMUto Y EMI MY LOVER…now ANIFOWOSHE…I just cant deal abeg…..all those ones that disturb me with booty booty booty…i just hope they can relax and listen to this…

36. Jane

March 19, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Kemdi Adetiba and Olamide went beast mode on this one……anifowoshe,that’s how majority of Nigerians are living today.Change must come and it must start with every one of us.

37. Lolade

March 19, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Just watched this video now such a moving video, the graphics were excellent aswell . It reminds us especially those of us that live in the uk or more developed countries to always be grateful as we have much more opportunities as wealth is distributed much more equally, really reminded me to be grateful for everything i have because i do like to complain sometimes for no reason lol

38. Tayo

March 19, 2014 at 5:17 pm

nice one!!! thanks Olamide and Kemi Adetiba God bless!

39. Tayo

March 19, 2014 at 5:19 pm

@bombom sorry dear….may her gentle soul continue to rest well

40. Aibee

March 20, 2014 at 9:14 am

That Anifowoshe video is the bomb. Lyrics and video on point. Talent went head to head with Talent and both came out looking good and smelling of roses. Well done Kemi Adetiba and Olamide. You both did a great job on this track and thank you to K1 the Ultimate for giving us a song that will still be around for many years.

41. DaboyEndowed

March 20, 2014 at 10:25 am

Top notch! Baddo keep going! Kosi ija ni church!

42. Shai

March 20, 2014 at 2:44 pm

So So Deep…Can’t even express myself right now….Olamide you are gifted..God bless you bro…Thanks for the inspiration…

43. tomi

March 20, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Versace versace, your mummy is suffering, OLOSHI!!! hahaha #baddoOfLife #inspirationalSong #anifowose
    In Life, there’s no excuse for failure, its ur choice to make.

44. Riri

March 26, 2014 at 6:52 am

Mehn, olamide is excellent. Love the passion he puts in his music. When he wants to be funny, he also knows how to have fun like. This dude is one of my favorite artist including international. God bless you, olamide. And, knows her job well. Great execution/delivery

45. Riri

March 26, 2014 at 6:58 am

I can’t stop watching the video. Originality, reality and creativity is what olamide does. I wish more Nigerians will use their platform to highlight major issues facing the country. Not just stupid party, party, songs about cars women and money