News

BN Beauty: Faux Locks Tutorial | Adanna of Adanna & David

Faux Dreadlocks by Adanna - BellaNaija - March 2014

By now the whole world is getting more familiar with the adorable couple turned Youtube sensation, Adanna & David.

We love their cute dance videos, their relationship updates on their Instagram page and Youtube channel and now our BN Beauty Belles can get beauty advice from one half of the couple – Adanna.

About a week ago, the couple posted an adorable photo of David helping Adanna take out her weave with the caption: “#SelfieSunday Udo is seriously focused on taking down those extensions#HeHasBecomeAPro #HeGoesWaayBack #TrophyHusband #AdannaDavid #HusbandAndWife #Love”

Well, all we can say is…If you’re a guy that has done this for his lady or a girl who knows her man would gladly do this, raise your hand and stand proud. πŸ™‚

Faux Dreadlocks by Adanna - BellaNaija - March 2014001

Now what does Adanna have on? Faux Locks! Showing us how to achieve beautiful hairstyle, Adanna took to her Youtube channel to give us a step by step tutorial on how we too can get her look.

Watch

Photo Credit: Instagram.com/adanna_davidΒ | Video Credit: www.youtube.com/adannadavid

1. anon

March 18, 2014 at 5:49 pm

I have nothing against IR but will Bill Gates son/ daughter marry a black person?

• Iris

March 18, 2014 at 6:30 pm

What has that got to do with anything and how do you know enough to presume who they are predisposed to marrying? Go and find the Gates and ask them. Will Mike Adenuga’s son marry a white person? Will Dangote’s daughter marry a Korean person? Will the son of the BN staff who created this post marry a Malaysian person? *hiss*

• Que

March 18, 2014 at 6:44 pm

???…huhn!

• Shao

March 18, 2014 at 6:44 pm

My then boyfriend, now husband helped sew in my extensions while I did the weaving myself and also constantly helps take off the extension. He also helps relax my hair and grease my scalp, do my mannicure and pedicure from time to time. Yes he grumbles and complains most times and says stuff like “I told you to grow your natural hair” “if u did your pedicure YOURSELF frequently it won’t be this difficult on me” “stop destroying your natural hair with chemicals” etc SO YES I CAN STAND PROUD AND SAY my husband did my hair and he’s white too…
      Lol

• Naveah

March 18, 2014 at 7:42 pm

You should stop taking Panadol for another person’s headache? How e take concern you who Bill Gates pickin go marry? Didn’t Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook founder in case I butchered his name) marry an Asian woman? Yes, true enough that rich people of all races like to keep the money and blood lines “pure” but NO, I do not think that they wouldn’t marry someone outside of their race/socio-economic background IF love hit them hard. You can’t make general assumptions about people.

• Samijo

March 18, 2014 at 10:46 pm

first time commenting on this website. maybe because subject speaks to me. truth is i don’t know who her father is -and regardless of pocket, would it be ok if her family were poorer? or excusable to you? if looking for examples the son of ex-French president sarkozy is dating a black woman, heck the son of us senator mc cain married a black woman. i applaude these 2 for putting out personal life and help democratize a subject that is way too taboo in some parts of Africa. isn’t love and happiness what truly matters? in this case their complicity transpires and the happiness that they share is simply contagious. at the end of the day life is too short to be wasting your life on choices that are not your own and make you miserable. Live, Love, Laugh. cheers, S

• ao

March 18, 2014 at 11:46 pm

Your question lacks context. What is your point?

• this topic

March 19, 2014 at 1:17 pm

PLEASE whose baby is that? Sooooooooooooooo cute

• this topic

March 19, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Nice baby

• Jo!

March 19, 2014 at 9:34 am

Haha, who’s this buffoon?

2. paloma

March 18, 2014 at 5:58 pm

wow am gonna show my stylist dis video! my next hair style yay!

3. http://www.hairmillionaire.blogspot.com

March 18, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Job well done!! Don’t steal my clients, you have been warned! lol! I like how full the hair is, and the way it is styled!

• D'Mamma

March 18, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Don’t worry about that. Many people don’t have the time and patience to go thru with the whole process. My friend starts, does 5 braids, gets tired and unravels. Lol!

4. memebaby

March 18, 2014 at 6:14 pm

lol.. my ex boyfie used to help me put my weave in flexi rods and sometimes condition my hair after washing.. deep scalp massage..sighhhh good freaking times.

• Geebabe

March 19, 2014 at 8:28 am

Why is he your ex? Sounds like a keeper!

5. Opinion

March 18, 2014 at 6:19 pm

What a lovely girl

6. lola

March 18, 2014 at 6:51 pm

I totally love the hair do, my ex boyfriend used to help loosen my hair too,@ anon, do u have a problem? perhaps u should ask Bill Gates himself instead of yarning off point and being a kill joy

7. jinkelele

March 18, 2014 at 7:39 pm

very informative and easy to follow

8. Nuna

March 18, 2014 at 8:00 pm

My boyfriend helps me with my braids and all that. He helps me with other girly stuff too. I know I found a gem among Nigerian men so I do my best to always keep him happy πŸ˜€

9. debs

March 18, 2014 at 8:22 pm

From the comments how come most of the guys helping to make & loose hair etc are now ex’s…just saying!

• Mary Claret

March 18, 2014 at 8:46 pm

LOL

• olori Tari

March 18, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Lmfaooooooo.

• Mademoiselle

March 18, 2014 at 11:24 pm

Loool I don die!

• camo

March 19, 2014 at 9:56 am

looooool! Maybe that was the only good side that captured our hearts, when the bad side started showing helping to apply relaxer on the hair couldn’t sustain the relationship anymore.

10. Ivie

March 18, 2014 at 8:27 pm

[email protected] comment…. well observed!

11. Yawns

March 18, 2014 at 8:29 pm

Nice. Abeg is it shee butter or she-a butter. Pronunciation that is! I knw it’s spelt shea.

• namwa

March 19, 2014 at 2:56 am

pronounced “shay”

• www.LapesBeautifulCreature.blogspot.com

March 19, 2014 at 6:55 am

awww so beautiful

• Iya

March 19, 2014 at 8:42 am

‘Shay’

• Omo Ghana

March 21, 2014 at 9:31 am

‘shay’ is such an American pronunciation!! in Ghana…Nigeria also, I believe its called ‘sheer’ butter!
      #dontgerrittweested

12. April

March 18, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Oh yes! My bf helps with my hair especially braids.

13. Cool cat

March 18, 2014 at 9:13 pm

I think black people are evn more racist than whites. How can someone be asking if bill gates child will marry a black person? The joy that exudes between this couple is undeniable and infectious. They are obviously best friends and he treats her like a queen, should it matter what the colour of his skin is?

• Ib

March 18, 2014 at 10:00 pm

She is ignorant….let’s ignore her/him.

• Mademoiselle

March 18, 2014 at 11:25 pm

I second that!! We are so racist it’s unbelievable. But we tend to let our racism pass for fun and jokes. Sigh!

• ao

March 18, 2014 at 11:48 pm

How do you know that the person that asked the question about Bill Gates is even a Black person?

14. GladiatorInASuit

March 18, 2014 at 10:05 pm

It’s pronounced Shay butter

• Miss_Flygerian

March 18, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Or Shee butter. Both are correct (shee and shay). In any case, she pronounced it as “shay”.

15. wemothers

March 18, 2014 at 11:43 pm

Ib please don’t say that be nice

16. Ijeoma

March 19, 2014 at 3:27 am

its curious how this girl’s popularity is completely dependent on her relationship to a white man and also interesting how this popularity is primarily found amongst Africans. How many Europeans would follow her on instagram or youtube to watch this ridiculous display. It seems that proximity to whiteness continues to elevate certain individuals above the rest.

• Tiki

March 19, 2014 at 11:14 am

What is even more curious is that you do not realise that the grace to use a computer and internet should be accompanied with the good sense to (1) Respect the choices of others, and (2) Refrain from passing judgment on things you know nothing about (re, the basis of her popularity). If you are jealous, find your own niche. If you have been discriminated against, cry me a river.

Idiots abound.

• Fashionista

March 19, 2014 at 2:14 pm

*Bow down*No additional comment needed.

• Audrey

March 20, 2014 at 11:46 am

thanks Tiki! well spoken

• Sandi

March 20, 2014 at 5:10 pm

ooo honey, bless yo heart

• Bleed Blue

March 19, 2014 at 11:36 am

No Ijeoma, her popularity is not dependent on her relationship to a white man…there are scores of inter racial relationships out there…for these two, it’s the cute dance routines and their infectious spirits.

And please go back to instagram and take another quick look, you’ll find that they have followers accross continents.

The fact that you’ve used the label “ridiculous display” suggests you find some kind of repulsion in their posts and videos. Here’s a thought…why don’t you just ignore any post on them and let others who find joy in simple things have a reason to smile when watching them?

• L'afrique

March 19, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Ijeoma, why do you seem a tad bit bitter? Do you need a freaking hug or something? Get over yourself! Or perhaps go watch the crisis channel for update on things that are going wrong with the world. That sounds more like your kind of thing.

Tiki is right. Idiots abound for real!

• Non professional opinion

March 19, 2014 at 6:24 pm

“Crisis channel” LMAO!
      Bellanaijarians always come correct.

• Curious

March 20, 2014 at 1:57 am

Y’all can’t get mad at lil Ijeoma here. She could be one of ’em bloggers who have been trying their hardest to get people to read the fluff on their site, all to no avail. So y’all can totally get why she’d be mad that people who aren’t even trying are getting all this love. Ije kpoms! Ndo oh! Oga dicha mma…LOL!

• Nonso

March 21, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Why so bitter??? She has followers from so many continents just Africa.
      Life is too short to be bitter o. They are free spirits, if you don’t enjoy their free spirits, no one is forcing you to watch them. Ignore all posts on them. And please take your bitterness someplace else. There is no room for bitter people here.

17. Modella ....ask...what is the need to post comment when it might not be publish?

March 19, 2014 at 10:18 am

When a man loves you completely ,he can do anything..just ask

18. adelegirl

March 19, 2014 at 11:48 am

Awww…. how cute… my boo helps me take out my weaves too, he is the bestest a definite keeper and I am super blessed to have him in my life. Shout out to my honey! πŸ™‚ :*

19. adelegirl

March 19, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Meanwhile, baba God I thank you that I am back home in my country as crazy and bad as things seem when compared to the abroad. Aint nobody gat time foh braiding hair themselves kilode? When Mama Basira, Gift, Christie, Helen and the plethora of cheap cheerful and skilled salons never finish for hia. This was why I cut my hair during the period I was in the abroad and made use of wigs when I wanted to change up my looks. I can count on the no of times I actually had my hair braided for me or went to a salon to get anything done to my hair. Got a welcome reprieve when my sister came over as she helped me install weaves and all. Even now as I am in Nigeria, I battle with doing like 5 single plaits on my hair to protect from drying out so fast after wash day, I will now come and be doing braids on my own head kwa?! Well done to all the abroad people styling their hair themselves.

20. Angel

March 19, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Love her, I can’t believe she did all ’em braids herself, very neat..I don’t think I have the patience to braid my own hair so kudos to her…

21. cleobriggs

March 19, 2014 at 7:55 pm

eewwwwwooo….her ring blind me ooo…..eeewwwwweeee……

22. Marvel

March 19, 2014 at 7:58 pm

He reminds me of my hubby. I can never understand women who like or stay with horrible men. As simple as the word ‘nice’ sometimes is, gimme a man with a good heart anyday over looks and wealth.

23. me

March 19, 2014 at 8:25 pm

Comprehensive insurance is the name of this hairdo… thanks for the tips.

24. Yawns

March 20, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Abroad ppl and suffering as per hair dos. Omo #aintnobodygottimeforthat. Well done though

25. Bev

March 21, 2014 at 5:32 am

Ohakim’s daughter today, Abacha’s son yesterday, tomorrow…Nigerians, as long as it “looks” glittery, you buy into it.

26. Tarila

March 22, 2014 at 12:17 am

I love Adanna and David, Simples!

27. Riri

March 26, 2014 at 6:45 am

She’s beautiful. But Why do black people label each other hater or jealous just bcos u are not idolizing white men. Abeg, nothing special about interracial. So what, if he’s dancing to naija music. About time whites start adopting African culture just the way we’ve adopted tEnglish language to their traditions. It’s 50/50.

28. cynthia

March 26, 2014 at 2:56 pm

please where can i make dis hair style in lagos with that attachment?

29. Izzy

June 18, 2014 at 1:38 am

Great tutorial! And amazing hairstyle. I had dreads for years and for some reason I cut them off out of impulse. This is a great way to grow out hair!

30. kelicha

July 8, 2014 at 2:24 am

Hmm my boy friend..I mean my fiance just finished oiling my scalp and braiding my hair o.and after that here prepared dodo a to rice for me.isint he sweet? Only that I just woke up from my sleep.God dey watch all of una wet dey scope here.swe-swe-swin-swin..