Events

Stunning Nollywood Divas at the 2014 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards

BellaNaija.com

Is it just us, or it is getting HOT in here?

Our leading Nollywood actresses were present at the 2014 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards which took place at the Eko Hotel & Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos.

And of course, they all looked gorgeous.
Enjoy!

Genevieve Nnaji in Jewel by Lisa

Genevieve Nnaji in Jewel by Lisa

You definitely couldn’t miss Genevieve Nnaji on the red carpet in a custom creation by Jewel by Lisa. The “Ije” actress rocked a sequined crop top and matching skirt which was intricately enveloped with white mesh.

Genny who opted for an elegant chignon, was styled by Veronica Ebie-Odeka of Vane Style. She accessorized with diamond drop earrings, silver bracelets, a silver cocktail ring, and a silver box clutch.

In the beauty department, she went for smokey eyes and an alluring red lipstick.

Rita Dominic in Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi

Rita Dominic in Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi

Is a red carpet complete without Rita Dominic? Our guess is no.

Rita the diva, who won an award, glided down the red carpet in a custom red Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi dress which features embellishments and sequins.

Her stylist Chayla, gave “The Meeting” actress a glam look with gold drop earrings, a gold cocktail ring and a gold clutch.

Opting for a sleek hairstyle, she was red carpet ready with smokey eyes and red lipstick.

Mercy Johnson

Mercy Johnson

Yipee, it’s Mercy Johnson. We haven’t seen Mercy on the red carpet in a while, so forgive us if we are super excited.

Mama Purity, as she calls herself, arrived at the awards ceremony with her hubby. She chose a beautiful purple dress with an asymmetric cut, ruffles and an alluring train.

Going with the up do theme which was the choice for most female stars, she styled her frock with gold spiral-shaped earrings, a gold bracelet, a gold ring and a multi-coloured embellished clutch.

Her look was complete with minimal make-up and luscious pink lipstick.

Uche Jombo-Rodriguez in BCBG Max Azria

Uche Jombo-Rodriguez in BCBG Max Azria

Also in red was Uche Jombo-Rodriguez. The actress looked sensational in this BCBG Maz Azria “Gracie” peplum gown.

Uche who proved to be a stunning lady in red, accessorized her dress which showed off a generous decolletage with a statement gold necklace by BCBG Max Azria, a red clutch and barely seen Aldo heels.

We love her choice of no earrings, as it makes us focus on the dramatic dress and necklace. She finished the look with an up do, smokey eyes, and magenta lipstick.

Monalisa Chinda

Monalisa Chinda in April by Kunbi

Monalisa Chinda‘s dress colour was a great plus for the actress as she definitely stood out. She rocked an off the shoulder green satin creation with an A-line skirt from April by Kunbi.

Monalisa brought old Hollywood glamour with her silver drop earrings, silver bracelet and silver clutch.

Allowing her wavy brown locks to cascade down her right shoulder, she opted for a red pout.

Kate Henshaw in Needle Point

Kate Henshaw in Needle Point

Kate Henshaw gave the pretty young things a run for their money on Saturday night in this red lace dress with a sequined Ankara sash by Needle Point.

She styled the dress with a high neck, with gold-and-black drop earrings, a gold bracelet, a gold-and-diamond ring, and a gold clutch accented with multi-coloured jewels.

Changing from her wavy locks at the pre-party, she went for an elegant up do, smokey eyes and pink lipstick.

Keep refreshing BellaNaija.com for more photos from the awards ceremony.

Photo Credit: Dare Koleaje

1. @edDREAMZ

March 9, 2014 at 12:49 am

Uche jumbo and monalisa chinda didnt present an intelligent outfit…. But am loving kate henshaw outfit like crazy…. And pls what is genevieve doing there, she just disappeared frm the industry and she is back bcos is tym to show-off…. Abi she don finish pursue hollywood dream..??
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

2. ss

March 9, 2014 at 12:53 am

genevieve nnaji is a class on it own. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat stunning

• Straight4ward

March 10, 2014 at 1:47 am

What is the Class in that rubbish she has on? people just idolise other human beings no matter how stupid they look. ..Very sad!

• Lawlah

March 10, 2014 at 11:59 am

It doesn’t matter if the lovely piece worn by Genevieve is understood by all… Mesh fabrics on one hand and baring mid riffs on the other hand- are bang on trend. So, I don’t understand it when people just write things off! However with this outfit, i would have also loved a different hairdo for Genny. Overall, I think this is classy as usual!

• TheRealist

March 10, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Agree! All class all the time…

3. busarni

March 9, 2014 at 12:54 am

MJ; dunno ooh buh i feel something is not just right. Cant really place my hands on it. Hmm. I know you can do better sha. Nice seeing you on the red carpet.

• Shao

March 9, 2014 at 7:53 am

Mercy Johnson’s dress looks cheap with a capital CH and too blahhhhh. a big yawnnnn. That colour does not go well with her skin tone. She needed diamond earrings to brighten her up and a simple elegantly embellished dress always as people with her kind of skin tone (like dirty brown) need embellishment – minimal please , not the usual over embellishment we do in Africa.

Genevieve looks like an Atilegwu dancer who’s about to rip off that mesh as extra effect…drab, tasteless and shapeless. Looks like she quickly borrowed a potato sac to cover her bra and skirt. She could have done better with just the bra and skirt. Toss that sac in a bin girl!

• Donald-Landon

March 9, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Then you wonder why your fellow women are bleaching their skins off and subjecting themselves to melanoma. It’s quite sad that this isn’t the first time or even the 10th time I have read someone refer to Mercy Johnson’s skin color as dirty or dirty brown.

• Shao

March 9, 2014 at 3:45 pm

It is what it is mademoiselle. I have that shade too that’s why I don’t do colour #4 hair for example. You need to know your strong and weak points. We all have weak points you just have to know what makes your weak point appear strong.

Don’t point fingers at me, am just a messenger. She should take my advice, wear very dark hair like colour #1. Wear colours that pop. Dull colours are detrimental to people who have her kind of complexion. Accesorize (not excessively) with jewels in silvery tones e.g white gold, silver, diamonds etc.

• busarni

March 9, 2014 at 4:03 pm

@Shao; you can still pass your message without sounding too pained, like you have a personal beef with Mj. Some days are like that, objective criticism please. These celebs are human too; you ain’t perfect either. Thanks

• SoChi

March 9, 2014 at 4:28 pm

You call your complexion a weak point? Chei that is so sad. Really sad. I think your weak point is something else sha, something that bleaching creme can no change. Wow, I am both shocked and sad for you. It can not be easy. Please learn to love your skin tone and yourself. Your entire list of pointers ma get k-leg. Where did mothers go wrong o in empowering these young girls.

• nwa babii

March 9, 2014 at 9:16 pm

wow!!!whoever you are you are absolutely ridiculous…to actually type out that someone’s skin tone is a “dirty” shade is something else…please send your photo in!!
      nawa oh some of u forget that these celebrities are human beings just like us

• Shao

March 10, 2014 at 2:30 am

Haha it is what it is, thus, am not apologetic. A spade is a spade lol. Dirty brown is dirty brown, dark is dark. All am saying is KNOW YOUR WEAK POINT (and believe me we all have weak points whether na complexion or square face or na big nose etc) and learn how to make it work for you! Period lol lol. Empowerment and its brothers lol.

• Oluchi

March 10, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Shao bad belle is not good for your health. These ladies are hot and successful deal with it!

• Hannah

March 10, 2014 at 7:55 pm

@shao, your comment is really dumb. dirty brown like seriously. it’s people like you you encourage people to use bleaching cream. Mercy is a beautiful lady and her skin is too. Go and check the word ‘DIRTY’ . please never use it on a person’s skin. that is so rude and its shows how silly your brain works.

4. Miss_Flygerian

March 9, 2014 at 12:55 am

Mercy’s dress is beautiful.

• i no send

March 9, 2014 at 1:54 pm

say the truth abeg about mercys and gennys dress or be silent.

• mimi

March 10, 2014 at 9:09 am

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!!

• Miss_Flygerian

March 10, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Please have several seats.

5. BOLA

March 9, 2014 at 1:03 am

Okay Genevieve needs to drop Veronica ASAP. What mess of a sac are you wearing? And didn’t you see yourself in the mirror before stepping out. That she’s your stylist doesn’t mean you should wear whatever she gives you to wear.

6. Cool cat

March 9, 2014 at 1:06 am

Awwww. Mercy Johnson looks gorgeous, Genevieve looks pretty but I don’t understand the fish net over the outfit, and the happy new year greeting? Didn’t get that! Kate henshaw the queen.

7. nwa.baby

March 9, 2014 at 1:07 am

I don’t think i’ve ever seen Genny look so horrid…damn! that curtain look— no bueno

8. BOLA

March 9, 2014 at 1:07 am

Mercy Johnson is clad in rags and Uche Jumbo is a tragic situation. I throw my hands up. And we call these ppl celebs?

9. dont get me wrong

March 9, 2014 at 1:13 am

Oh Mercy Johnson, i comment my reserve! Grab popcorn.

• jummai

March 10, 2014 at 10:24 am

Go and sit down jo which yeye pop corn ar u grabbing . u people shld leave MJ alone.

10. nene

March 9, 2014 at 1:13 am

kate henshaw and rita dominic look amazing.
    ufuoma ejenobor was literally the best dressed from her hair to her dress.
    i feel like genevive was following the amstel colors, since she’s kind of an ambassador for them. it’s like she just threw on that white mesh to protect her modesty, it seems like a last minute decision because that white “thing” doesn’t belong on that outfit.
    mercy johnson looks soo bad, her picture shouldn’t be here.
    monalisa and uche jombo look scared in their pictures, but their outfits are nice.

11. me

March 9, 2014 at 1:20 am

gennylicious genny is the true diva. always looking extra and unique. xoxo

• Straight4ward

March 10, 2014 at 1:51 am

Please get a life!!!!

12. Vim

March 9, 2014 at 1:27 am

Mercy Johnson!! I’m shocked!! She cleans up nice!
    She needs a better bra though…

13. Uk

March 9, 2014 at 1:35 am

Red was the colour! Uche,Rita and Kate love love love the red.

14. bimpe

March 9, 2014 at 1:45 am

Mercy Johnson! I don’t care what she looks like but I am just so happy she on the red carpet. She should have accessorise a bit more though

15. AnikeArewaNYC

March 9, 2014 at 1:47 am

Uche Jumbo can not dress..

16. oaa

March 9, 2014 at 2:09 am

Our Nigerian Artistes are now getting it right in the Fashion Department!!!… Yes! Way to Go!!!!

Thankfully we do not get to hear ‘I’m wearing Gucci, Channel,… Blah blah blah’.
    Thank YOU: EjiroAmosTafiri, LisaByLisa, FFCoker, Iconic In vanity, Deola ,… ThankkkkkYou!!!!

17. sarah

March 9, 2014 at 2:10 am

I really dislike genevieves dress! There are 1million dresses to choose from pls. I av a feelin u wore it coz its jbl? Well,jbl isn’t really knwn for mind blowing red carpet dresses. I mean its ill fitted in the waist region and just blehhhhh! Rita’s dress is everything! Kates dress looks cheaply sewn, I’m soryyy! The others,can’t even remember wat u wearing!

18. BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

March 9, 2014 at 2:11 am

LOVE KATE HENSHAWS OUTFIT MOST.

19. Judy

March 9, 2014 at 2:19 am

Genevieve looks straight,no shape,no fit. I can’t believe vane style chose that dress for her… Kate I don’t understand your belt though…..my beautiful Rita big ups! Uche jumbo, get a damn stylist to help u perfect ur looks,stop been stingy. Lol

20. Judy

March 9, 2014 at 2:25 am

Off point, I watched the show,Thot Waje shld av worn a dress for that song not a suit. Nice suit but not for that song. Sorry that was off point. Lol

21. Uduak

March 9, 2014 at 2:33 am

SAW ADAORA UKOH ON THE RED LOOKING DAPPER IN A BLUE DRESS

• Anon

March 10, 2014 at 10:45 am

Dapper for a female?

22. ofk.

March 9, 2014 at 3:02 am

queen genny dress is trending everywhere, best dressed

23. oo

March 9, 2014 at 4:18 am

They all look like bridesmaid dresses 😉

24. Dlapikin

March 9, 2014 at 4:31 am

This is the best I’ve seen Mercy look in years….
    Genevieve is not on her best look. She looks 10 years older. The hair and the dress just aged her so much.
    Rita and Kate are on point.
    I gave Mercy a pass for the tightness of her chest in the dress because she is a DD but Monalisa? No. That dress is a classic, you have a pretty small chest and yet you look like you are about to burst out.

25. Anon15

March 9, 2014 at 5:18 am

Gene’s dress looks better on LIB page…may be its the camera, to me she still looks good

• Laide

March 9, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Exactly…I was totally digging the dress before..but now that I ve seen it clearly, the dress was a big mistake!

26. Hi

March 9, 2014 at 5:52 am

OMG Kate Henshaw is like fine wine. Wow!!!! They all have the Wow effect of “did you see her outfit? Looks good on her.” Congratulations to the #winners

27. Hi

March 9, 2014 at 5:57 am

BCBG Max Azria, is it not designed for the tall woman in mind? I could be wrong. Karen Millen is designed for the short/petite woman in mind? I could be wrong.

28. Precious

March 9, 2014 at 6:26 am

Kate is best dressed. I have no words for the rest.

29. Me

March 9, 2014 at 7:34 am

F9 for Genevieve this time ooh. Epic fail. Kate and Rita are so on point.

30. Amel

March 9, 2014 at 7:35 am

Mercy Jhonson look so clean.

31. Tosin

March 9, 2014 at 7:41 am

Ije was one of the least bad Naija films I watched. I’ve seen a few crap ones and a tiny few good ones. Which other two should I try? Anybody seen The Perfect Church, the Meeting, Flower Girl, Phone Swap, and all those others? Which ones are nice?
    Nice films so far – Tango With Me. Inale. Figurine/Araromire. Tobi. Any Mainframe film (though I haven’t watched Maami yet)
    Couldn’t stand – Mr and Mrs. Two Men and a Baby. other random stuff on TV.

• Fatimah

March 9, 2014 at 4:48 pm

After all the hype (it is worth the money etc), the hilarious trailer, I finally watched The Meeting some hours ago and to be honest I wasn’t impressed. Maybe it is over anticipation or something but I can’t think of one reason to watch it again. I still remember how I watched and re-watched Keeping Faith by Ego Boyo years ago.

There were funny moments (kudos to ReeDee), visuals was clean but the dialogue, chemistry/connection was quite poor in some parts. Too stilted.

Bestie swears by Phone swap though (yet to watch, not available on distrify and irokotv yet). If you’ve not watched Aiyekoto, please do, it is one of the most amazing Yoruba movies I’ve watched in ages.

• Lolo

March 9, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Out of the nominated ones I’ve seen The Meeting, Finding Mercy, and A Wish. All three are good. I’m actually surprised Finding Mercy wasn’t nominated for Best Movie, especially since Last Flight to Abuja is on that list. After The Proposal and Mrs Somebody are also good.

• CarliforniaBawlar

March 10, 2014 at 8:23 am

Phone swap was hilariously awesome!! I maybe put up 3 facebook “statuses” in 2012 and one of them was about Phone Swap….can’t wait to watch again whenever i can get the dvd…

• Tosin

March 30, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Thank you so much, BellaNaijarians. I appreciate it.
      Will look out for Aiyekoto, and Phone Swap. Of course will keep an open mind for other films too, and hope the quality rises quickly.
      In Naija music on the other hand, I find so many quality choices…can’t wait for Nolly to catch up. What will make Nolly catch up?

32. amakadon

March 9, 2014 at 7:43 am

Now they beginning to wear Nigerian designers good for them and d industry.

33. Modella

March 9, 2014 at 7:53 am

Am a huge fan,but Genny NooooOoooooo,why the face fattening? BN why the hell is Osas not here,she is my best dress thus far,dig and bring her on…Kate is glowing,but don’t understand the belt,may be too low…Mercy look good to me,didn’t recognised her at first glance…Uche look clean..

34. Mr. Big

March 9, 2014 at 8:20 am

That Genevieve dress is about to do big things for Nigerian fashion. Risk taker, wore Nigerian and looked stunning! She through out the norm with the bath water. Kudos!

35. Onye Ara

March 9, 2014 at 8:27 am

I’ll go for Rita. She looks the best of a bad bunch.
    The less said about Uche Jumbo,the better.

36. Michael

March 9, 2014 at 9:14 am

Rita on point.You pretty!!!

37. http://snoopmini.blogspot.com

March 9, 2014 at 10:07 am

our nolly wood actors nd actresses fine o
    sηººÞ¬mιηι

38. Charis

March 9, 2014 at 10:39 am

Okay since genny’s picture came first I’d comment on her 1st. Hell NO!!!! I can’t even place this outfit. Its doing too much and nothing at the same time. She looks like she got stuck in a giant spider web nd couldn’t rip it off on time… The hair, hmmmmm wat can I say? Fugly fugly fugly… Everything is just wrong!!! Kate’s dress is pretty, but that pose is a no no… Rita looks gorgeous… Mercy looks classy but the outfit looks cheap. The cut of the gown is amazing for the shape tho…

39. Charis

March 9, 2014 at 10:40 am

Nd oh is genny pregnant? Her face looks swollen…#justasking

40. bimpe

March 9, 2014 at 10:57 am

Kate Henshaw is the epitome of classic,cerebral elegance in this red dress. It celebrates her as a woman and yet we don’t see bust,midriff or thighs. Covered up is beautiful. That ankara belt on the dress is the icing on the cake. Thank you Kate, Thank you Needle point, Thank you Bella Naija for the photo. More of this please. Ciao!

41. Tina

March 9, 2014 at 11:22 am

Genny no wayy. Sack your stylist. WTF

42. Dindin

March 9, 2014 at 11:28 am

Love Rita’s whole look, best dressed so far! Genny that dress and hair is not for you, bad look! Nice to you again my lovely mercy Johnson!!

43. uche

March 9, 2014 at 11:55 am

Hmmm Rita looks good yes. But her dress is ill fitted in the top area. Uche…hot mess. so is Monalisa…. Kate looks great, belt shoulda been higher thou….

44. Angel

March 9, 2014 at 12:25 pm

What the hell happened to Genevieve? She gained weight abi she’s pregnant? Why is her face swollen? Plus that dress is complete fail. Rita didn’t disappoint as usual, Kate Henshaw killed it, so beautiful everything totally on point, who is her stylist? Great job mehn!

45. Azeem

March 9, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Thumbs up Rita! Always on top in beauty and fashion. It breaks my heart to still you single. Pls tune to Emmanuel TV… You are too pretty to remain single my dear sister.

46. Uk

March 9, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Osas is not here because the post is ‘ nollywood leading ladies’ get it?

47. meg

March 9, 2014 at 12:45 pm

I really don’t like any of these dresses.

48. Nonye Ezerounye

March 9, 2014 at 12:59 pm

nollywood so called celebrities, instead of spending more time take extra acting classes to polish their useless acting and be as good as Lupita, they spend more time shopping for and posing on red carpet and have the nerve to say Lupita was born with a silver spoon in her mouth thats why she afforded to attend Yale drama school. Which of these actresses cannot afford yale, can chika, uche, rukky etc cant afford yale? Unless yall polish your craft and stop giving us mediocre movies I AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH ANY DAMN RED CARPET NONSENSE.

Posers who can not act to save their lifes.

Go to acting school and stop posing

• juliet

March 10, 2014 at 12:56 am

Many of you are just too carried away by inferiority complex to ever base your comparisons on reasonable grounds.one thing people seem to forget at times is the fact that opportunity creates avenues. Lupita winning the oscar does not make her a better actress than our own

• juliet

March 10, 2014 at 12:58 am

One thing people seem to forget at times is the fact that opportunity creates avenues.,lupita winning the Oscar does not make her a better actress than our own .

• Tiana

March 13, 2014 at 7:02 pm

u cannot compare lupita to MJ n many others, da only plus she has is the opportunity she got n that’s it. I’m not even Nigerian but your comment is so not accurate. Have several seats

49. arma

March 9, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Rita da diva and my beautiful Kate did it for me @ Tosin u really need to see the Meeting

50. Que

March 9, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Kate kicks dem all in the butt! I gotta admit, the sash looks very misplaced…

Uche jumbo had d best dress on d wrong body-…fitting was needed to take up dat waist to ur natural waist line, n the hem too, and it woulda been a winner, minus that neckpiece!

Rita looks better on her insta selfies than here. This look is just there.

Mama purity doesnt understand her skin tone n wat compliments it, n wats with the tear on d shoulder??

BN u referred to d skirt of monalisa’s dress as A-line….are we looking at d same dress??

Gene- d underskirt looks well worked, I’m guessing it looks better in real life than in photos…..that said d entire ensemble reminds me of them school days when we had to bother with wearing shimi…. I think one or the other would have worked better.

51. uju

March 9, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Kate nwanne!!!!!!!!!!!!….. always on point!!!!!!!!!!!!…RIta looks amazing too…i jus dont understand Uche’s look…

52. www.LapesBeautifulCreature.blogspot.com

March 9, 2014 at 4:14 pm

They all look so lovely

53. Mrs Nwosu

March 9, 2014 at 4:17 pm

Aha Kate Henshaw thsts eh girl you look so good am trying to get the right simily to describe your effortless chic self! Uche Jumbo you are wearing my favourite designer but girl it looks like the strap fell off or something, kilode get it together, pose with confidence on this red carpet it takes of the badness from every situation. Genevieve pls, this are stuff grandma wears to cook cassava salad for me when i visit the village now(no offence to the designer) this didnt give you the umph you normally ooze on red carpets.

54. Sue

March 9, 2014 at 4:57 pm

Rita Dominic looks stunning! Bellanaija where are the others pls? 🙂

55. Mz Socially Awkward...

March 9, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Damilare, I just have one question for you – is Genevieve’s hair really done up in a chignon? Honest question oh, before God and man. Unless I’ve mistaken the actual meaning of the word….

• Mz Socially Awkward...

March 9, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Oh, and Kate is a “confam” hottie. See babe!

56. Leila

March 9, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Gennyused the fishnet to hid the flabs from the crop top. Epic fail. Bella post my comment cos I noticed you guys have been withholding them.

57. Joan85

March 9, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Call me weird, but I actually like Genny’s dress…like really really like it! 🙂

• Straight4ward

March 10, 2014 at 1:58 am

“Weird”

58. observer

March 9, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Rita is always on. Point,she dosent slack,for me she is number 1,genny looks lovely,so haters leave her alone,what did kate use as her belt,is it ankara and her hair is bushy,mercy clothe was fine on her hour glass figure but her make. Is very light,that’s just the problem.They all look fab except uche ,looks lyk she is. Lost.

59. tammy

March 9, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Kate is definitely best dressed for me, Rita’s dress looked better on TV than the red carpet, MJ needs a stylist ASAP! She’s just blah, Uche’s dress is lovely but not properly fitted and the neck piece ruined the outfit. Genevieve needs a new stylist, i don’t care if the dress was made by JBL, it’s wrong on so many levels. Okbye.

60. Jerry Kute

March 9, 2014 at 11:03 pm

Abeg make una leave our celebrities alone. I believe our Nigerian Designers are really cool. I know it’s what they (Celebrities) requested for that was sewn for them, and I think you should try Christiana Williams Collectibles. She’s got quite some lovely designs to suite such occassions.

61. olusolape

March 9, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Mercy Johnson’s outfit though..ughh. Love Genevieve any time any day Check out the link>> http://bit.ly/1cN5iDj

62. Wow, Genevieve and Rita are so beautiful!!!.
    sophialastyles.blogspot.co.uk

63. Princess Dee

March 10, 2014 at 2:38 am

Rita looks classy…always on point.

64. fun

March 10, 2014 at 4:51 am

@ Nonye Ezerounye, how can u compare some of d ladies to Lupita? I can it she got an oscar, so freaking what. That does not make her the best actress in the world. In my opinion 12 years a slave is not better than Mandela. Stop putting these nollywood stars down. I bet u can’t act to save ur life. Quit d shit talking n learn to appreciate others.

65. Ella

March 10, 2014 at 4:51 am

Nigerian celebrities can’t tell the difference between prom, bridesmaids and red carpet dresses… Best dresses at the awards ceremony, Agbani, Toke and maybe Rita!

66. iba

March 10, 2014 at 6:26 am

Mercy Johnson in my opinion needs to pay someone stomething everymonth to style her . Like really. I SAY THIS WITH A VERY VERY STRAIGHT FACE
    how do people like Genevieve, Monalisa Chinda, Kate Henshaw and Rita dominic get it it 98.9% of the time. It aint sheer luck. It aint girl. Your style is poor. sorry

Oh well this time around, i didnt get Genny’s attire o. sorry. People kept praising it and when i saw it, i went ”really”’. reminds me of a sack

Mona lisa the shoulder looks tight. i think someone missed it here. Its a stunning colour for you anyways.

I am not really feeling kate henshaws to be honest but its the lesser of two evil plus her body is BANGING and i just gotta give it up to her.

Rita dominic’s was very very beautiful. keep it up peeps

67. princess

March 10, 2014 at 7:33 am

genny will always be ma number one. she look so effortlessly beautiful. luv her scarra

68. Noms

March 10, 2014 at 9:13 am

Mama Purity, u r beautiful but u look uncomfortable. You have a “die for” body and we expect more from you. As for your skin tone, nor mind the bleachers ooooo, just get the outfit in colors that soothe your skin tone. Shikina. Love you plenty

69. jaybee

March 10, 2014 at 9:35 am

Genny’s dress is so unflattering,please where is the delectable osas ighodaro,mercy aigbe n co?

70. no heart to hate

March 10, 2014 at 9:58 am

Katee and Ritaa

71. Chy

March 10, 2014 at 10:14 am

Genny: looks confused,wanting to say chic but at d same time mature and classy but doesnt know how to blend it,her whole apparel head to toe looks confused,first of all dat hairdo looks outdated and cropped up like oprah on a bad hairday,doesnt suit her face nor her figure,then d white beer parlour curtain,genny dat outfit doesnt do justice to your figure and makes us not wanna bothe rabout wots underneath it,its jst plain white basket weaves, dont get d style and definitely dont get d designer,with dat said,less makeup wud help,u look like ur tryg so hard to stay relevant.You are. Just chill with the ‘wannabewestern’ with the half naked clothings.. they dnt suit you. Thera are many lovely evening gowns u can pick from without tryg to be uniquely drab cz dat6s wot this is. Do better next time dear.
    Uche Jumbo: sorry but you all need to understand your body types and shapes and wear wot suits you and wins applaudes. I mean you are not 21…so wots with d xmen tube dress,its like an overflowing mop telling us u are quite stout and d chest isnt attractive,it has ds scissors look like d tubes will grow and stick in your eyes,its alittle too dramatic for me,next time you want to do smtg dramatic, try it with your hair cz its not looking wow and alil smile wud help pop this look. Wannabes.
    Mercy J: I get you,Nigerian sweetheart, i admire you for being real and yourself but when you look in d mirror u see a beautiful black girl,wear lighter shaded clothes,maybe pink or lilac wud hv helped,nonetheless your dress works,its decent, fits your figure but u made it weak by not taking seriously your accessories…lovely diamond ear rings wud have dome d trick to make u glow and your hair do looks rushes,wot happened to alil lastminute girl tricks on your hair to look refreshing? i think u also needed alil more makeup especially on ur eyes..lighter shade cz ur darkskinned you dnt need to go deeper in the cave dear. To add, u can get a nice moisturizer and soap dat wud mk ur cute chocolate skin hv a beautiful glow,ul like it.
    RITA: HMMM…u look great dear.nice smile too.
    MONALISA: u look unsure of urself and dat affected your dressing dear, lovely hair colour to match your emerald green dress,i actually love your colour,its unique n alil dark to mk ur skin tone glow and still cool it, but d dress is plain on design,alil jewellery wud hv added more glow to a simple dress.
    KATE: U LOOK STUNNING dear. love the hair,its very african,u look like a queen and very confident…nice.

72. stefini

March 10, 2014 at 10:39 am

mercy johnson”s outfit got on my nerves while presenting the award on stage

73. Like

March 10, 2014 at 10:52 am

That dress uche us wearing is kind if like what chaleas thearon wore to the oscars. The trick is like they did for chaleas is to put an invisible strap on the bodice to give it a sleeve. You saw how kanayo keep moving back when they were presenting bcos he didnt want to look dowm her boobs. Lol

• comments police

March 12, 2014 at 10:19 am

Chaleas? Really?

74. Moiii

March 10, 2014 at 10:54 am

I actually love genny dress. I kinda understand where jbl was coming from. Will I rock it if I had the cash NO, did genny rock it well HFY. I actually think genny is the only one that wouda pulled this outit off perfectly

75. Singer

March 10, 2014 at 11:23 am

They all need to lose at least 2 dress sizes. They ought to be movie stars so they should start looking the part. The best looking were Eku and Agbani hands down! And those are not even actresses.

76. Amym

March 10, 2014 at 11:33 am

Please who knows who designed Yvonne Okoro’s dress?Me like it.I want it.

77. aderonke

March 10, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Genevieve,I love you. Pls tell me u love me too 🙁

78. Dechantal

March 10, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Holy cow, what was Genevieve thinking??

79. I dey here

March 10, 2014 at 6:00 pm

I hate genny dress with a passion. Was it wrapper tied under? And her mosquito net dress. Theses people should be our Hollywood aspirants,I c why they are far from it. Exposure issue!

80. Uk

March 10, 2014 at 11:39 pm

This is not a good picture of uche Jombo’s dress