News

21 Year Old Nigerian Man Learns to Walk in High Heels to Kill His Mom

Tolu Kalejaiye

This sure sounds like something from a Stephen King novel.

Emmanuel Kalejaiye, a 21-year-old Nigerian man in Essex, England, allegedly learned to walk in high heels as part of an elaborate plan to kill and impersonate his mother.

He is accused of killing his mom, 44-year-old Tolu Kalejaiye, at their home in Essex in September last year.

During a court hearing on Wednesday, it was revealed that he reportedly purchased high heels, a pink hoodie, pink jogging bottoms, and a scarf. He planned to wear them while he moved his mother’s car to fool neighbours into believing  she was still alive, Daily Mail reports. He learned to walk in high heels so he could execute this part of the plan.

He allegedly also planned to kill his brother, Femi, if he discovered his plans to get rid of their mother.

Kalejaiye reportedly killed his mom on September 26th last year as she was walking down the stairs, preparing to go to work. When she realized what her son was trying to do, she called her friend, Leo Shogunle. Unfortunately, he didn’t answer but the call went to his voicemail. When he heard the message, he immediately called the police.

When police arrived at their home, Tolu Kalejaiye’s body was found on the floor of their living room, along with knives, gloves, and overwhelming evidence that her son had killed her.

Eventually, Kalejaiye confessed to police that he killed his mother because she was always quoting the Bible and mentally torturing him.

He has pleaded ‘not guilty’ to murder.

Photo Credit: Cascade News

1. Anne

April 4, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Hmmm. Madness! The world is definitely coming to an end. Ebola virus, war, strife, sons killing mothers etc

• Ricky

April 4, 2014 at 5:42 pm

You mean the same things that have been happening for decades? Okay.

• omalichaspeaks.blogspot.com

April 5, 2014 at 1:28 am

So he’s plead not guilty….what’s next an insanity plea???

2. naana

April 4, 2014 at 5:14 pm

chriiiiiiiiiiiiist.
    shocked.

3. Hurperyearmie

April 4, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what an Evil child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she is quoting the bible to torment you mentally????????????? then you decided to kill your own mother???????????????? like seriously then you don’t deserve to live………… am still in shock…………… Lord have mercy

4. Fashion Rehab

April 4, 2014 at 5:20 pm

May God protect us during this times.

infashionrehab.com

5. halleloo

April 4, 2014 at 5:20 pm

wow… this is insane

6. Ib

April 4, 2014 at 5:26 pm

JESUS IS LORD!!!

7. lauren

April 4, 2014 at 5:27 pm

jesus christ what is this now

8. @edDREAMZ

April 4, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Many are mad but few are on the street…. May her soul R.I.P…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• Stephanie

April 5, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Lol…true though

9. Speak Out

April 4, 2014 at 5:37 pm

This has finally sealed my decision. I am not raising my kids outside Nigeria. What is this world turning into?

• omada

April 4, 2014 at 10:08 pm

There are people, born and bred in Nigeria using their mothers and fathers for rituals. No be by location.

10. O_Intuition!

April 4, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Sad!

11. Maiden

April 4, 2014 at 6:19 pm

The devil is among us. Whether you raise your kids in Nigeria or not has nothing to do with it. it can happen anywhere.

12. Rebecca sam

April 4, 2014 at 6:36 pm

surprise

• Rebecca sam

April 4, 2014 at 6:38 pm

please try to show my comment

13. Miss_Flygerian

April 4, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Chineke bi n’enu igwe! Is this for real? What?

14. kemi

April 4, 2014 at 7:24 pm

Sad, a very pretty mom wat a waste d son was obviously mentally deranged

15. Cassie

April 4, 2014 at 7:52 pm

He killed his mother because she was “always quoting the Bible and mentally torturing him?” Of all the stupidest reason to kill someone, you do it over Bible quotations, which in my opinion was what he considers mental torture. Dude if Bible quotations are torturous move the hell out! Her house her rules, she can say whatever the hell she wants.

I however, seriously don’t buy his excuse. He is probably using that excuse to paint his mother as some religious fanatic and elicit sympathy given the growing hostility toward religion. Whatever his reason(s) are for killing his mother, dude has some serious loose screws upstairs.

RIP Ma’am!

• Aphrodite

April 5, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Cassie, i get your point. Its a messed up situation. You gotta admit Africans, especially Nigerians act like religious fanatics. It can get intolerable after a while, especially when you’re still trying to find yourself but you’re made to feel as if you’re the devil. Again, no excuse. Even if she beat the crap out of him, he had no right. God rest her soul and i hope he realizes the error of his ways in prison.

• Cassie

April 7, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Aphrodite, I do agree with you on some African parents acting like religious fanatic parents and driving their children to the brink. Having read some comments on here [people’s experiences], I should have been a little more objective in my comment. However, I am glad we both agree that it is still no grounds for murder.

16. fashionandstylepolice

April 4, 2014 at 8:28 pm

You shall burn in Hell son.

17. iluhmyselfstill

April 4, 2014 at 8:29 pm

I know what he did is totally wrong but some parent can mentally torture their kids all in the name of God like what is going on in house atm..my mother calls me witch, prostitute since i was 10 years old, use razor to cut my body because I was sexually abuse (8 years) saying I enjoyed having sex thats the reason I didn’t tell anyone….takes me to different pastor to lay their names on me and still comes back to continue raining causes on me…am psychologically messed up now and I wear on my shoulder…if I pick a knife now and stab her, I would be called all sort of names but noone will care to know my part. I don’t need your counselling, am just saying some so called parents are in the words fit to be one…And ps. I don’t in any form imagine killing anyone… I just can’t wait to move out

• nwa babii

April 4, 2014 at 9:05 pm

awee poor baby make sure u let your mum know what pain she is causing u…u can move in with another close family member or something but pls dont let her emotional torture lead u to retaliate

• Berry Dakara

April 4, 2014 at 9:28 pm

Wow. I’m really sorry you have to go through that. That’s not right at all!

• The truth

April 5, 2014 at 12:59 am

Hi. I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. I really wish i could reach out to you and help in whatsoever way possible; its bad enough that you were abused. Nevertheless, keep your head up and know that you can be anything you want to be in this life. Eliminate your past and just imagine the beautiful life God has prepred ahead of you. Evrything is and would be fine. Just take it easy with your mommy.

• chi-e-z

April 6, 2014 at 10:03 am

Get out now… seriously find a responsible friend move in with them… no time to waste your mother is not well… I need you to look up for some refuge homes and get out while you are alive. If you r in the states then respond and I will give you a list.

18. Thot

April 4, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Iluhmyselfstill thank you very much. I’m not a big fan of mothers. I wish I had all my friends’ mothers. They are away too cool and understanding. Mine is a psychopath and also a lunatic.

19. Narnia

April 4, 2014 at 11:05 pm

Kai I thank God for my mummy and daddy God has blessed me with! Although my mum drives me to the wall grrrrr!
    No matter how horrible ur parents are just look unto God he made them ur parents for a reason!
    RIP to this beautiful woman no1 deserves death NOONE
    Omase oh

20. raffy

April 4, 2014 at 11:46 pm

Ilufmyselfstill and that, may God heal you.
    He will bring beautiful people your way&give you peace.
    Not all women were created to be mothers.

21. Rose

April 5, 2014 at 3:40 am

@iluhmyselfstill

I’m sorry to hear that. Yeah, some mothers are lunatic and they push their children to be lunatic like this guy here. What heart do u have though to kill ur own blood regardless of how crazy she is. It’s extremely sad. Mothers, don’t aggravate your children, and children honor your mother.,

22. eve

April 5, 2014 at 6:15 am

Omg!! Lord have mercy

23. no heart to hate

April 5, 2014 at 8:26 am

Lord have Mercy

24. Mimi-29

April 5, 2014 at 10:54 am

@iluhmyselfstill
    I totally understand what your going through .. I myself was once a victim like you., but I would like to share my story with you to encourage you and let you know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I was born into a polygamous family where my mother was the second wife at a young age my mother and father travelled abroad (uk) leaving me in care of my stepmother. Need I say the torture I went through from the hands of my stepmother as a child from the age of 3 still remains with me till date..
    At the age of 9 I finally got the opportunity to join my biological mother in uk thinking that my suffering had ended.. (Not!)

Shortly after I arrived in the uk my mother and father separated and my mum got herself another man! . Now at that time my mother use to sell gold jewels… She had made her last travel and came back with lots of goods to sell not to know that was the beginning of endless suffering for me. Some of the jewellery went missing and all fingers was pointed at me in the house (pls tell me what a 10 year old will do with jewelries worth about two grand at that time. … My mum didn’t believe I had nothing to do with it, she tortured me to the point of no return. She even went to the extent of stripping me naked in front of her partner several time….. Anytime things went missing In the house I was automatically accused of it….. She’d cut me with razor, beat me naked ( I was already at least a 32b cup at this age because I hit puberty at an early age) so you can imagine how embarrassing it was each time she would strip me naked in front of her partner….
    I would do every domestic chore. Possible to try and impress her but no! It literally felt like she hated the sight of me…. Called me a prostitute. (Mind you I was not a virgin till the age of 20) my mums partner tried to abuse me but I threatened to stab him if he touches me and he knew I would so he plotted evil things to make my mum hate me more.

At times I even wondered if she was my mother or not…. I wasn’t allowed to socialise with friends or any other member of the family …

Anyway to cut the long story short cause I could go on Forever…… I endured the pain, I prayed for better days and God rewarded me for my endurance. …. My mum partner eventually got a stroke and my mum left him … Then she started to change toward me when I started college…

I eventually learned to forgive her and let go of the pain…. After all. God stood by me through it all I am now a qualified Doctor with a loving husband and a beautiful daughter at the age of 29.

Though it was tough and I was pulled back during school days due to all the suffering I failed all my GCSE and had to do retakes in college. God once again stood by me.

I know the hatred is inevitable but it’s no excuse to commit a crime or sin toward God…keep strong and trust in The Lord he is your strength.

• Mimi-29

April 5, 2014 at 11:09 am

Sorry typo error
      (I was a virgin till the age of 20)

• Stephanie

April 5, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Wow Mimi, touching story. Thank God for you
      blogsvila.blogspot.com

• iluhmyselfstill

April 6, 2014 at 1:54 am

@Mimi-29
      Thank you so much for sharing this..you don’t know how much weigh you’ve just lifted off my shoulder to know someone out there went thru the same situation am going through nw. for a long time, I see myself has the problem esp when I see how my friends are with their mothers .I am very glad to everything will get better with time and I hope that I will also have a testimony to share..just like you..:) I appreciate this so muccchhh.(I hope you see this reply)..i can’t say this enough
      And thanks to everyone else that gave me words of encourage…God bless you…

25. Wow

April 5, 2014 at 1:13 pm

My goodness; This is just crazy. I may get some flack for this statement but it’s my opinion. I don’t know what happened in this particular scenario but it is very important for parents to teach/train their kids from a very young age. Most parents nowadays let their kids get away with so much at a young age then when the child grows up wayward, they start to ‘nag’ the child as a teen/young adult. Well, what do you expect, he/she wasn’t given proper training at a young age. You don’t just give birth to good kids; you RAISE good kids.
    I’m sorry to hear about this lady and pray God grants her family the grace to handle these losses and hope the son gets the help he needs. Sigh

26. thomas

April 5, 2014 at 2:57 pm

From my obeservations the guy has been watching a lot of crime tv and its been part of him since he could kill his mother who,whose elses mother can this guy not kill asin look @ the picture u killed ur mother (Bible) sincerly antichrist is here already

27. Cocobutter

April 5, 2014 at 5:10 pm

@ ilihmyselfstill I feel your pain, some mothers can be hell on heart. My mother talks about me to all and sundry accussing me of being a troublesome daughter, in fact at the age of 30, she and My father beat me and threatened to lock me up and I have got sickle cell, if not for my cousin they would have killed me that day:they told me that I should never come back to Nigeria,( a year after the incident, they all claimed the beating was my fault) I can go on and on, I only have peace, when I am living my life in London: and I have vowed, that when I have children, I wouldn’t treat them the way My Mom has treated me. So my only advice to you is to hold on to God, he is the only one that can understand your pain, and once you get the chance to leave your mother, do leave and don’t look back!!!

28. Naveah

April 7, 2014 at 4:21 pm

The idiot probably killed his mother for the insurance money and other material things he thought he would inherit, leave matta to Mathias jare! Which kain bible reading dey torture am? He is London but couldn’t find his way to a welfare office for housing so he could get away from the “mental torture”. He could plot his mom’s mother but he couldn’t go to the social services office to ask for a therapist to deal with his “mental torture”. He lives in a land of many options but could only think of one that consists of taking the life of the one who gave him life and a guarantees a life of eternal damnation. IF he thinks he was mentally tortured by his mom’s bible quotes, he is in for a surprise when he finds himself naked in the wash room surrounded by men looking for fresh meat or when that metal door clanks shut, sleep eludes him and his eyes refuse to close because his mama keeps appearing behind those lids.

Spoilt EWU brat! I feel sorry for the poor brother and the woman’s family for having to endure the loss of their daughter and also their grandson because the next time he see the free world (if he does), he will probably be too old to do anything meaningful in his life.

29. oj

April 8, 2014 at 8:05 am

we are really living in the last days. children are now killing their parents. i’m sure when he was born, his mother and family rejoiced that a son had been born.