News

“I’m Embarrassed”! James Franco’s Scandal with 17-Year Old Girl

James Franco - April 2014 - BN Movies & TV - BellaNaija 03

Academy Award nominee James Franco was caught up in a recent scandal with a teen.

A conversation between the actor  and Lucy Clode, a 17 year old Scottish was leaked online. 35-year old James was inviting the young fan to meet up at a hotel. While this situation is deeply embarrassing, it is important to note the age of consent in New York is 17 years old, therefore Franco did not commit a crime.

According to reports, the two first met each other outside the set of his new movie – Mice & Men. James and Lucy later chatted via Instagram.

The teen later posted a video and photos on her IG page as evidence. He later took to Twitter to state “I hope parents keep their teens away from me” after the news went viral.

James Franco - April 2014 - BN Movies & TV - BellaNaija 01James Franco - April 2014 - BN Movies & TV - BellaNaija 02

Today, he appeared on LIVE with Kelly and Michael show to address the issue. “I’m embarrassed”, he said, “I guess I’m just a model of how social media is tricky. You just don’t know who is on the other end,” the 35-year-old actor, who is currently on Broadway in Of Mice & Men, said on the show. “I used bad judgment and I learned my lesson.

I was feeling awkward — I didn’t want to come on the show and just feel awkward. I’m embarrassed.” he concluded.

Watch

All people who “set p” on social media, this should be a good lesson..

1. chichi

April 5, 2014 at 12:16 am

lol @ “the embarrassing rituals of meeting someone”. Oh james, we all know all you wanted was a one night stand and she exposed your behind…its okay buddy, you can tell us…When you are done laughing Kanye, RUN TO THE STUDIO NOW!!!..I know you want to ;)….

2. FrenchWonder

April 5, 2014 at 12:30 am

Hmmmmmm…. Seems he’s just the way he portrayed himself in ‘This Is The End’ Movie… Not too suprised…

3. seki

April 5, 2014 at 12:46 am

Well he learnt his lesson only because he got caught.

4. omalichaspeaks.blogspot.com

April 5, 2014 at 1:11 am

Oh well. He didn’t do anything out of the ordinary, it’s just news because he’s a celebrity.

5. mujer

April 5, 2014 at 2:02 am

WOw. With AIDS and hepatitis, herpes and others, people are still thinking about one night stands? And he dared to continue the conversation with a girl who was with her MOM!! I would not keep him near children. His thinking is warped.

6. CarliforniaBawlar

April 5, 2014 at 2:28 am

I think the hotel convo was before the “are you home?” one, which kinda exonerates him a little. BUT Uncle James, even after the girl straight up told you her age and you were still asking if she had a boyfriend….ashewo oshi…lol.
    Anyway, how do we expect better from all these Hollyweird people? Especially James Franco that’s La’fagbo-in-chief of the United States…I don’t know who smokes more between him and Snoop sef.

• Lilly

April 5, 2014 at 9:38 am

Lol. u cracked with your comment. Hollywierd and La’fagbo-in-chief of the United State.

• Damson

April 6, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Oh! Oh!!

7. Mzlyrics

April 5, 2014 at 2:42 am

This is how they start o. You are embarassed!!! Hian! Didn’t she tell you she was 17??? Berra don’t blame social media, blame yourself! Pscheww. This is how they carry chics o. You haven’t met her sef, you are booking room! For real???

8. Blossom Ivy

April 5, 2014 at 2:55 am

Chai.

9. Mary Claret

April 5, 2014 at 3:22 am

Damn…this babe is baaad. chai. lol

10. SOLO ACT

April 5, 2014 at 3:35 am

i dont see the big deal! he dint sleep with her! everyone shud move on! but he is kinda a despirado lol

11. Labs

April 5, 2014 at 6:47 am

It’s girls like this that ruin things for other girls. If you are not doing, don’t spoil it for everybody else.

• jill

April 5, 2014 at 8:39 am

yeah true….and maybe it can be…like there were msges inbetween and she deleted her side of msges

12. Sylvonce

April 5, 2014 at 7:26 am

Hmmm! Odiegwu.com! Dts deir way of life na. Age ain’t even a limit to deir promiscuity.

13. jill

April 5, 2014 at 8:41 am

lolz… its bad…and really embarsiing….but still i feel bad for james….NO WORRIES…everybody does that…its just HE GOT CAUGHT AND she BECAME FAMOUS…

14. nene

April 5, 2014 at 10:26 am

i think it’s publicity stunt. i’m not saying it is not possible, but he has a movie coming out that has almost the same story

15. Meh

April 5, 2014 at 11:02 am

Y’all should see how thousands of underage girls are throwing themselves at him on Instagram …. It’s not easy lol, and it could defo be a stunt, these days social engineering is rife !

16. @edDREAMZ

April 5, 2014 at 12:17 pm

This is one big way some people commit suicide…. Am sure he has been slpping with gals of that age b4 but today he was caught…
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

17. NAms

April 5, 2014 at 12:38 pm

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllll God Bless the owner of instagram celebrities are exposing like crazyyyyyyyyyy

18. hauwa

April 5, 2014 at 1:46 pm

I really do not see the biggy in this. We all know most men just want to hit it and he was being offered this on a platter. Which sane man would refuse? Granted, the chic is a mini-minor but with the way young girls are now so “active”, I won’t blame him. Besides, the chic planned this whole thing to just gain some attention. Hoe much.

19. Stephanie

April 5, 2014 at 9:05 pm

35 & 18 years?? I hope d man is ok oh

20. Kojo Enoch

April 5, 2014 at 9:54 pm

This must be deeply embarrassing to James Franco. Although he committed no crime, I think it has greatly dented his reputation.

21. Toma

April 6, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Hypocritical society! 15 year olds are having babies for their boyfriends all d time but you are not allowed to say anything that isn’t ‘nice’ or sympathetic. If it was with her bf, would sex be news? Society chooses ‘standards’ only when it’s convenient.

22. rukeeo1

April 6, 2014 at 11:26 pm

bt i dnt knw why we mk a big deal out of ths o….let me guess if she ws 18 it wd hv bn alrite right? whtz
    diff btw 17 n 18?…..a legal age….right? bt we forget tht age is just a num…

23. Monalisa

April 17, 2014 at 1:30 pm

i dnt get it, but a hunk like him should be able to get any woman he wants, y beg for a one night stand frm a miserable 17 old?? na wa o