News

Some of the Funniest Text Messages Ever Sent by Parents!

Text 1

It’s so adorable and amusing sometimes to watch parents grapple with technology and modern-day tech slangs.

In their quest to figure out some of their apparent technological conundrums, here are some hilarious text messages some parents sent to their kids:

text 3 Text4

Text3

Text 2

LOL!

Photo Credit: List 25/Daily Mail

1. Troll

April 25, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Lol…saw plenty of them on Buzzfeed. Anyway, as funny as they can be, I always feel that some are fake.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

April 25, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Actually, they may be realer than you think. A middle-age colleague of mine (she turned 50 last year) once confessed to us that she used to think LOL stood for “lots of love”. So every time she got texts from the mums she does after-school-activities running around with, and they type LOL in their messages, she used to feel very uncomfortable about it and wonder to herself why a woman she doesn’t know that well is sending lots of love her way….

Her teenage kids eventually put her straight.

• Sandi

April 25, 2014 at 5:50 pm

Lol my mum didn’t know what lol meant until recently. So these things can be real

• Mfon

April 25, 2014 at 7:02 pm

But the dictionary meaning of LOL is ‘Lots of Love’. I don’t know of that chnanged but Oxford dictionary had it then.

2. Nuna

April 25, 2014 at 4:48 pm

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! I just remembered my mom. She does stuff like this

3. Wale

April 25, 2014 at 4:51 pm

The last one looks fake, but still funny though.

4. sisi

April 25, 2014 at 4:52 pm

the last sms looks like something my mother will do… lmao

5. Etiosa

April 25, 2014 at 5:24 pm

@BellaNaija, u know to see this video. Akintunde Ahmad accepted into various Ivy League schools on Ellen’s show #Inspiration: necolebitchie.com/2014/04/ellen-degeneres-presents-oakland-teen-with-15000-towards-ivy-league-education/#more-270854

6. Que

April 25, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Looooooollllllll………. my fave is d mom who got stuck in chinese mode! And the last one was just cute….aaaw!

7. Mz Socially Awkward...

April 25, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Hahaha! Funny stuff.

For me, the most regrettable barrier which social media removed from the parent-offspring relationship was when mothers discovered they could stalk their kids using the accessibility of certain platforms. I managed to dodge my mother on BBM by using the excuse of not having a Blackberry. However, she recently decided to switch to an iPhone. I love you mummy but I shall be strategically screening your iMessages (though, I’m not sure how that platform works in Naija, do iPhone users also get the kind of chat bundle that BBM users get?)

• Temi

April 25, 2014 at 7:07 pm

I am going to tell your mommy on you, lol.

• Mz Socially Awkward....

April 25, 2014 at 11:34 pm

Hahaha! Abeg, no put me for work, oh!

8. Thatgidigirl

April 25, 2014 at 6:57 pm

If i got a text msg from my mum AT ALL, I would assume her phone was stolen or she was kidnapped, let alone a cyber abbreviation of any sort…..wld probably pass out.

9. Miss_Flygerian

April 25, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Loool!! That’s me and my dad everyday. His texts are funny as hell.

10. Olori Tari

April 25, 2014 at 7:57 pm

LOL..this is my dad and I ALL THE TIME. The only difference is that he kinda knows more than me. I’m the one that mostly goes “huh”. Yes, I didn’t know what “TKOY” and some other stuffs meant till like 2011. (He taught me)

However, we always disagree on this “Lol” issue. He cannot fathom why we suddenly changed Lol to “lots of laugh/Laughing out loud”. To him it happened too fast and he isn’t having it. To me, he is moving too slow. But his texts are so so funny and when he tries to use smileys ? Loooool.

• Mz Socially Awkward....

April 25, 2014 at 11:36 pm

TKOY- my initial interpretation was “take care of yourself”, but that won’t make sense because it’s not TCOY.

So, what gives? Textducate us, biko… (yes, I’m aware I just made up a word there)

11. www.savemysoul.com

April 25, 2014 at 8:18 pm

Hello Everyone,

Sorry this is coming up here. I have been waiting for the perfect time to bring this up, but it seems there’s no perfect time to say this because I’ve been dying inside of me since morning.

I met this fantastic guy in church 3 months ago, sweet, handsome, caring, understanding and above all God fearing. After hanging out with him for a month i was convinced that he’s the right one for me to the extent that my family and friend were advocated for him.

We agreed no sex till marriage until this faithful incidence that happened last week. One thing led to the other we had sex.

My problem started with him last night when i visited his apartment. I found a tiny piece of tore condom sachet on the floor of his bedroom… I picked it up, looked at it closely just to reconfirm it. I froze for 10 seconds not knowing what to say or how to react. I asked my dear BF what a tore condom sachet was doing on his floor; he was quick to respond back that his friend had a guest over. I froze for another 10 seconds. I then asked him again, when did this happen? His reply was earlier today. I remembered he told me that he was with his called friends within that time interval. I started thinking fast… I put it ti him that he used it, but he’s trying to put it on his friend knowing that I don’t like his friend. We argued seriously about it, I was at the top of my voice; he tried to calm me down but I didn’t stop! I went on and on till I told him that I was going to call his friend he foolishly agreed.

I picked up his phone dialed his number and acted like I wanted to say hi, then accused him of not seeing me when he visited my BF, My people, he was more confused than I was. He said that he didn’t get to my BF’s house but met at a spot. We exchanged pleasantries and I hung up the phone

I turned to my BF with venom in my eyes, gave him this horrendous look! Na so ooo… To cut the long story short, he confessed that he used it. Immediately, hot tears started gushing down my cheeks. He knelt down and was pleading with me to forgive him. I didn’t make it easy for him as I started acting crazy. After much interrogation, he said it was a mistake, it wasn’t meant to happen. I told him to give me the girl’s number for me to call he refused, he later give in I dialed her number on my phone but he struggled with me.
    On the spur of the moment, something in me told me that he’s lying on that particular girl. I promptly switched and accused him that he used the condom with his neighbor. He started crying and said yes! He started beseeching me not to break up with me.
    I have not spoken a word to him since today. I am in a bemuse state!!! Where do I go from here? Should I break up with him? Tell my family? …..

savemysoul.com

• Yetty

April 26, 2014 at 12:38 am

Hmmm I would advice you to break up with him. Obviously he is a cheater I mean if you guyz are sexually active why would he cheat?? Ask yourself that

• Shao

April 26, 2014 at 6:46 am

Break up. This time he used a condom next time he might not. You’ll be sitting innocently not knowing that AIDS is coming your way. He’s risky and he’ll do it again!!!!!!! Yes he will so pls break up. Everybody shd realise that cheating is an unforgivable sin. Move on girl, leave mater for Mathias.

• Beekay

April 28, 2014 at 1:25 pm

He cheated on you with his neighbour, lied on his close friend and claimed he used the condom on another girl. And you are still asking if you should break up with him? Use your teeth to count your tongue my dear.
      i-inspirenaija.blogspot.com

12. Ginika

April 26, 2014 at 5:23 pm

OH MY GOODNESS… these text messages got me cracking up like crazy, thanks for the laugh