Music

P-Square premieres “Taste the Money (Testimony)” Video

P-Square - Testimony - May 2014 - BellaNaija.com 02 - A

P-Square - Testimony - May 2014 - BellaNaija.com 03 - A

The attraction to P-Square‘s monster hit “Do Me” video, was the extremely fun scene, lovely ladies and the catchy lyrics…and Waje.

Now they are bringing that feel one more time with “Taste the Money (Testimony)“.

The opening scene of the video features a Maserati sports car with three beautiful women carrying a bag of goodies into the Squareville mansion where you can see the biggest party filled with more African beauties.

It was shot in South Africa and directed by their brother/manager Jude “Engees” Okoye.

If you want to relive the fun that is “Do Me”, watch below!

1. babe

May 8, 2014 at 7:29 pm

Video was just a 7/10 kind of video.The costume werent as complicated as the psquare image i have in my mind now.Just glad they are back and quit a chilled video!

• REALIST

May 9, 2014 at 10:17 pm

BLACK MEN ARE ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT HAVING AND ‘chopping’ MONEY… I find it terribly embarrassing and disgusting actually.

Meanwhile, news out there indicates that the Nigerian man in the streets lives on less than $2 a day.

…and the masses blame politicians for corruption – I say we add these irresponsible musicians who promote the get rich quick attitude! [with champagne, bit**es and h*es]

2. MO

May 8, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Nice beat but nothing to wow about.No bar has been raised as at yet..they could do better.
    Been watching Peter’s body language ……Is it because they said that it’s only dance that he knows how to do, that he refused to dance in this video? Peter ejoor, don’t stop dancing o…that’s why we love you.

• amaa

May 8, 2014 at 8:43 pm

They need a new producer there music is becoming predictable no spice. The lyrics are blehhhh.the video is same old video we are seeing. Jude engees needs to do his brothers a favour an take a supervisory roll and hand over the reigns of production to some one more qualified to take their music to the next level I am getting board seeing naked girls,scantily dressed girls, pool thingz etc. We have seen enough of that graduate small nahhh abi you go university for life

3. Canadianbabe

May 8, 2014 at 7:43 pm

I love the lyrics of this song..

4. missy J

May 8, 2014 at 7:46 pm

hmmmmm their skelewu no be here oo. Jude Okoye no try oo, so after all the treking and carrying bag from beginning of song till end of song those girls didnt see Psquare. I pity them sha..

5. Joan85

May 8, 2014 at 8:04 pm

1. ‘Do Me’ was a massive hit. I watched that video countless times back then, admiring the chics with their nice makeup, hair, and dance moves lol.
    2. I found myself watching this new video and unconsciously checking if Peter was really singing at all.
    3. I didn’t feel their usual chemistry in this one; none of their signature choreography.
    But I still got love for P-Square. 🙂

• Obiageli

May 9, 2014 at 7:31 am

I second your motion Joan85. i was impatiently waiting for the video ooh!! when i watched it i didn’t really feel it but thot ma expectations were too high. but can u blame me? just think of the video for Personally. I mean, i was expecting some choreographed things u knw. But i still loveam sha.

6. tunmi

May 8, 2014 at 8:07 pm

I cannot stomach any of these, especially the disparity between the video and real life in Naija…just, enough!

• TheresaO

May 8, 2014 at 8:41 pm

I feel you too. All these songs that glorify wealth and scantily clad women…any wonder why rituals, kidnapping, armed robbery, corruption, immorality, rape, etc is on the rise?

I wish many of us will realize what true wealth is. It is not in the fancy cars, houses or jewellery that can be destroyed by flood or fire or theft. It rather lies in having a great relationship with God (not religion), with yourself and with your fellow man
      I am just tired of these musicians! Asa is my favourite. BTW I didn’t watch up to a minute of it.

• bukky

May 9, 2014 at 12:48 am

Hypocrisy…why you no go christian website na? You clicked on a post that clearly said “Taste the Money” and you dey complain!

• i no send

May 8, 2014 at 9:30 pm

as in ehn!!!….. shallow and predictable song and video …..im allergic to poverty eh??? smh..I know now why tuface is my fav musician…more depth..

• Ada nnewi

May 8, 2014 at 10:56 pm

You just wrote exactly what was on my mind!

7. Kina

May 8, 2014 at 8:22 pm

These Igbo boys are super fit sha. Sweet melody! They just sell that Igbo accent and make it super cool!!!

8. jade

May 8, 2014 at 9:58 pm

Tried to give it flavor’s flavor but it didn’t quite catch. Struggle song and vid jor

9. Tired of the rubbish

May 8, 2014 at 11:42 pm

P-square, if your idea of giving testimony is to portray barely clad women and alcohol, then you guys really need to do some soul searching!

• JayD

May 9, 2014 at 12:22 am

Well written comment @Tired of the rubbish, couldn’t have said it better myself.

• nene

May 9, 2014 at 7:38 pm

gbam! also, psquare need to reinvent themselves at this point in their career. the beat is catchy, i’m sure the francophone countries will enjoy this song.

• Nigerian lady

May 10, 2014 at 11:33 pm

LIKE!! why so much women in the video. Looking like objects, what we should not be. Please Nigerian musicians need to be innovative with their music videos. Tired of the cliche unclad women hanging around aimlessly. What does your testimony/ ‘tasting’ money have to do with so much girls? like how does it correlate?
      Plus the song isn’t nice abeg! Woz all these Jackie?

10. vanessa

May 9, 2014 at 12:30 am

again p square has made me proud,i enjoy they r wrk,they make thingz happen,its all tht counts.

11. Idak

May 9, 2014 at 1:08 am

This kind of song should make sense to an adult only under one condition – under the influence of plenty alcohol. Under no other condition should an adult be found rocking to such watery lyrics and silly theme.

• Bleed Blue

May 9, 2014 at 9:23 am

Yesss!!! Fist pump! Nothing further to add Sir Idak!

12. Marvel

May 9, 2014 at 2:26 am

I agree with majority of what has been written. Nigeria has made huge stars of these chaps and I fail to understand why they sod off to SA each time they make a video. If Nigerian stars can’t appreciate their women, they need to sell their wishy washy lyrics to SAs.

13. Que

May 9, 2014 at 2:27 am

BLEH!!!

14. Amh

May 9, 2014 at 7:04 am

Same old song. Very tacky, rowdy girls everywhere, 5 yrs ago song and video. Wonder why the white girl has to lead. Why go to southie sef. Lots of beautiful places in nija and our girls fine pass dem.pls fire your brother jude. Hes getting monotonous.tacky music

15. Sibo

May 9, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Blah! I was never a fan to begin with! I hate their costumes.

16. ademi

May 9, 2014 at 4:17 pm

tarhh!! Dis song is notin to talk abt to start with only d beat is classy 2. Mr chop money dnt tink u r d only 1 dat ll make dis money in life,y cant u sing a song dat ll bring hope to d heart of nigerian youth,songs dat ll encourage dem dat tomao ll be beta abi u r too lazy to do dat? coz dis song is notin but a total nonsense.u can only sing abt love,sex,money and anytin dat ll promote immoral act in d society. Dis guys only av dis money solely so as to oppress dis is so bad nd its not encouraging it can only trigger d rate with youth seek for money in a crook method. 3 talking abt dis video i dnt av any problem with u not using nigerian ladies if u lyk use albino so far its goin to move ur business am cool. But check d light of directors lyk unlimited LA, mattmax, clarence peters d ll neva give u dis boring and sickling video lailai. Just try nd improve abeg not one is beefing u. We r all born to make it in life, it only pple with truncated,shallow and few dreams and aspirations dat bliv dey must use pple’s wealth as point of contact to make it in life. But all d same cool video thumbs up

17. Camara Mbemba

March 14, 2015 at 12:56 am

Hi im MR camara and im living im canada. I have a question if u can help me please . I would like kmow in what kind of house the p square music tast money jas been plauing . Im so impressed to that house . Whose house is that and where those it located . Is it possible to help me have that plan . Becaise i really want to buil that house in africa thanks .