Career

Hello Dr. Combs! Diddy awarded Honorary Doctorate at Howard University

Diddy - Howard University - May 2014 - BellaNaija.com

Hello Dr. Sean “Diddy” Combs.

Today Saturday 10th May 2014, the American rapper and business mogul was awarded a honorary doctorate at his former school Howard University in Washington D.C., USA.

Diddy also gave the commencement speech at the graduation. He said “Howard University didn’t just save my life, it entered my soul…my heart, my being and my spirit.”

Last month, students at the university protested that he was selected to speak having drop out of the institution.

Diddy - Howard University - May 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01Diddy - Howard University - May 2014 - BellaNaija.com 05Diddy - Howard University - May 2014 - BellaNaija.com 03Diddy - Howard University - May 2014 - BellaNaija.com 04Diddy - Howard University - May 2014 - BellaNaija.com 067Diddy - Howard University - May 2014 - BellaNaija.com 02

1. @edDREAMZ

May 11, 2014 at 8:41 am

Is obvious he was awarded bcos of his reputation and nothing else….i never knew he gat a white kid or thats not one of his kid.
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

2. Dammy

May 11, 2014 at 4:12 pm

I’d like to hate but I can’t…dang! Congrats to him…

3. huummm

May 11, 2014 at 7:12 pm

He spent most part of the speech talking about himself, biggie etc . He didnt have the desency to praise the students that worked hard to earn their degrees. Such a Narcissist.

4. cynthia

May 11, 2014 at 7:51 pm

was there live and alert. combs killed it with his speech

5. ennnnn

May 12, 2014 at 12:24 am

HUUU….you know!

6. Nwababy

May 12, 2014 at 6:00 am

Class of 2014!!! I was one of the graduates. I know a lot of people who were against Diddy being our commencement speaker, but they should realize that Howard University was the place that he had his ONLY college experience; therefore he’s still a son of Howard. Nonetheless, I got my B.Sc in Psychology. Moving forward!

HHHHH-UUUUUU!! YOU KNOW!!

Nwababy

7. Tosin

May 12, 2014 at 5:58 pm

HU! You know! (too razz)
    Actually for some history, HU flirted with the same idea about 13 years ago (2000 or 2001) but the resounding protests probably made the administration hold off. It was a controversy back then. Congrats to him o.

8. wellofwaters

May 13, 2014 at 10:02 am

Congrats to the Educators! wellofwaters.com/2014/05/13/education-the-bedrock-of-success

9. taymehlawlar

May 13, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Class of 2014…. My cuz(Dr. ALEX akinola Oladele) was also one of the Graduands…
    #congrats bro #greater heights