Music

Ice Prince: I Will Get Married When I Build a House in Banana Island

BellaNaija.com

Ice Prince & Jamal - May 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01
Ice Prince is all about the Naira, at least for now.

The rap star in an interview with The Nigerian Tribune opened up about marriage, the bleaching rumours, his son and his ex Eva Alordiah.

The “Whiskey” star who wants a honest girl as his future Mrs, says “I am just 27 years old. I don’t have any brother or mentor that got married at 27. So, I have about five years to go. I have to make more money and build a house in Banana Island before I take a woman home.” on marriage plans.

On bleaching reports: “I was not pissed off; I only replied them saying ‘bad man bleach, never that’. It did not mean I was upset. In fact, I laughed about it because I don’t see how on earth I’m going to bleach. I’m black to the bones. As you can see, I have really black knuckles, so when I put them on Instagram, it looks like I bleached. For the record, I am not body-conscious. I don’t powder my face; I don’t even use the mirror.”

On his split with Eva Alordiah: “I say when I first come Lagos nah! We were young and exploring ourselves. We argued a lot.”

On his friendship with Brymo, after the “Ara” singer exited the record label: “It has not affected our friendship. If I see Brymo right now, we will still sit down and talk. We are both busy now. I still talk about Brymo anywhere I go.”

Ice Prince & Jamal - May 2014 - BellaNaija.com

On his son Jamal going into music: “Why not? I am never going to stop him from pursuing his dreams. If he says he wants to be a musician, a doctor or a lawyer, why not? The only thing I can do is guide him as a father.”

On his album Fire of Zamani: “I think it’s the number one album in Nigeria now. I made different tracks for different people and my fans are excited about it. I got good reactions and good responses.”

On his most embarrassing moment: “I was in Sierra Leone (while) performing at the stadium and my trousers got ripped off. It got ripped off all the way from the back to the front and I had to put on a towel on my boxers throughout the performance. It was really embarrassing, but my fans liked it and were even screaming. But to me, it was really embarrassing.”

1. mimi

May 31, 2014 at 9:44 pm

his son is tooooo adorable Awww:)

2. Tosin

June 1, 2014 at 12:20 am

Dude, you’re alright.
    Nothing but respect.

3. Naomi

June 1, 2014 at 1:19 am

Good for him

4. omalichaspeaks.blogspot.com

June 1, 2014 at 1:55 am

Awwwww his little bit is too cute.

5. ssean

June 1, 2014 at 3:09 am

Alaini nkan se……mshewww

6. Strong dreams., Go ice prince!!!

7. Olori Tari

June 1, 2014 at 7:59 am

LOL. Number one album in Nigeria right now 🙁

Considering I have the album I don’t know how to feel about this. If his claim is true, it says a lot about the music industry. But this explanation is for another day.

That being said, I have to give props for the Whiskey video. His best yet, in terms of lyrics and video. It is 100/100. Another dope video for pray/On my Knees and it is a wrap !

8. Sege

June 1, 2014 at 11:15 am

9. Sege

June 1, 2014 at 1:44 pm

Correction : Happy to see ice prince living very well now. He sure has a testimony to share considering where he came from . What a testimony, a true grass to riches story. I also never knew he was an “item” with Eva…hmmm. You can also share your testimony here. If God has been great to you, then you should share it with the world, dont keep it to yourself.
    mytestimoni.es

10. i no send

June 1, 2014 at 4:02 pm

In other words he is sending a message to his current beau that its going to take a looooooong time for him to settle down

11. future

June 1, 2014 at 6:27 pm

good for him.

12. nene

June 1, 2014 at 11:31 pm

so basically he’s never getting married. or he’ll get married when he’s an old man.

13. nedu

August 24, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Your plan is ok keep it up, only pray for God giudiance in life because without Him you can nothing! I am this and that was because of His grace

14. nedu

August 24, 2014 at 3:37 pm

If you throughly want to enjoy good life fear God and kings around you! meaning honour those in authority and show respect to your elders ,if you do God will favor you and men will take you high to greater level