News

Mercy Johnson: I Can’t Wear Skimpy Dresses Again

BellaNaija.com

Mercy Johnson Enugu Set Feb 2011 BellaNaijadotcom003

Mercy Johnson is a different kind of woman now.

In an interview with Punch titled “I can’t wear skimpy dresses again”, the Nollywood actress speaks on her marriage to Prince Odianosen Okojie, motherhood and how both have influenced her dressing.

On marriage & motherhood: “It is simply commitment, having a great husband and being submissive as a woman. And I must add knowing how to deal with your differences with love. Motherhood is just the best thing to have happened to me and in no way would I say it has slowed me or my career down.

I thank God I am a mother because it has given me the opportunity to understand what being a mother is all about and I am extremely glad about that. Motherhood and acting are different responsibilities which I learn to manage well, thanks to God and my husband.2

On her dressing: “Marriage is influencing my dress sense in a more positive way. As I always say my husband is my greatest critic but when it comes to my profession, he understands and has made me grow better than I used to. Sometimes when I look back and see the dresses I wore I laugh real hard and thank God for a blessed and understanding friend, manager and hubby.”

On fighting with Chika Ike: “I am not fighting with anybody. Last time it was rumoured that Chike Ike and I had issues while we were on set together. We had to take to Twitter to deny it. Tomorrow it will be another person. I am a peaceful person and I believe most of the people in Nollywood are also peaceful.”

1. @edDREAMZ

May 21, 2014 at 11:50 am

Yu stopped it bcos yu have finally gotten what yu wanted which is man but the married type. So yu laughing doesnt make any sense abeg….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• mrs chidukane

May 21, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Just like your comment doesn’t make any sense either

2. smizle

May 21, 2014 at 12:47 pm

3. latoya

May 21, 2014 at 12:55 pm

she is getting lighter by the day!

4. mercy

May 21, 2014 at 1:00 pm

So being a mum means you cant wear short clothes. I dont know about skimpy clothes but short clothes worn in a decent way are absolutely not a big deal. I am a mum too. Mercy hun, easy on yourself. Husband & manager ……….

• Naveah

May 21, 2014 at 4:47 pm

My dear, you took the words out of my mouth sef. This woman needs a PR person to pen her responses.

5. Idak

May 21, 2014 at 1:08 pm

You did not need to wear one in the first place if you now think it is wrong.

6. sum1special

May 21, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Her mission for wearing skimpy clothes are accomplished. So why wouldnt she stop? *Evil grin*

7. Nerybanty

May 21, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Good for you, dear. I pray you stick your ass to him.

8. stephanie

May 24, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Ur right mercy don’t listen to them ur marriage will stand greet purity for me mercy keep it up

9. Tiana

May 27, 2014 at 5:25 am

y’all keep hating while she is living her life. #haters #bizzibodies

10. fredrick

June 4, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Dear Lady Mercy Okogie,
    Kindly note that one Joseph Bernard who as been going about defrauding unsuspecting and very innocent people including my son with quiz and rewards. He has created a similar face book
    His phone number is 08133894472. His first question is: when did I become a movie actress? 2. What is the name of my first movie? And 3rd: name 2 titles of my film. In the end, he calls up responders to say say that they have won prizes ranging from fridges, freezers, air conditioners, tv’s and so on. Then he gives out a UBA account into which certain amount is paid. Pls do do something right before your very good name is smired by these evil good for nothing people.

11. Lady G

July 4, 2014 at 4:38 pm

I’m so sad. When did BN readers become so negative? The comments i’ve been reading on articles are overwhelmingly negative. It’s ruining the BN experience. :'(

12. prince okudo

July 5, 2014 at 10:08 pm

mercy what is name of Ur baby

13. hope

July 6, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Nothing u will do dat will please everybody. She dress well ppl will talk. She don’t dress well dem go still talk. Wetin una want. About the way she dress her bady is not ur business. U ppl will just be looking for little mistake to talk about. And u dat said u don’t like she don’t like u too. Bad belle.

14. Lucy

July 10, 2014 at 4:08 pm

Walahi, bad belle pple, nawa for una ooo they ll definately talk. Mercy don’t mind them oooooo, U pple should mind ur business and look at urself first before talking, how does it affect u if she decided to change her look all cos she is married? Is it not a good thing.

15. newday

September 11, 2014 at 5:39 am

chai chai na bad belle pple ?…?

16. eva white

December 15, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Mercy live ur life marriage is sum tim dat changes people and if it can’t change u they u dnt have a life u are ma role model I love all ur movies