News

MFM Allegedly Bars Women From Wearing Trousers in Prayer City

Mountain of Fire Bella Naija

Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries has instituted a law that has allegedly banned women from wearing trousers in its Prayer City Punch reports.

A female member of the church who broke the law was reportedly unhappy about the manner in which she was treated by security men at the main gate of the camp. She was on her way to a bank when she was interrogated about her attire.

“See the loose trousers that I’m putting on. How does this offend anybody? You can imagine the embarrassment that I was subjected to at the gate on my way here (bank).

“They asked why I must wear trousers to this place, as if I said I was going to the church auditorium. At least, they should have waited till I want to enter the church,” she said.

Commenting on the incident, the security head of the church allegedly stated that females wearing trousers was inconsistent with the doctrine of the church.

MFM’s Prayer City is located at Magboro on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Ogun State.

1. Cancel Reply

June 4, 2014 at 7:12 pm

Awon hypocrites jaku jaku!

2. @edDREAMZ

June 4, 2014 at 8:12 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Am in support of the church….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

3. Nubienne

June 4, 2014 at 8:23 pm

I fail to see the problem. Every church has its own doctrine. If you don’t like it, don’t go to that church, shikena. Abi? Everyone knows MFM, Deeper Life and co are not about that hair extension, trousers, make up life. That’s what they choose to believe, and if you don’t want to roll with them, don’t roll with them, simple. I’ve attended MFM and I respect their doctrine and don’t wear things that aren’t allowed by it.

4. DAD

June 4, 2014 at 8:24 pm

So it is only a sin to where pants to the church??? at least they are consistent in their teaching. Is it considered a sin or is it just wrong as in culture wise?

5. Pheyikemi

June 4, 2014 at 10:34 pm

If truly she is a member, she won’t wear trousers to the camp ground whether to the bank or not. Every true Mfm member knows that it is one of the doctrines given by God to the church that female members are not permitted to wear trousers to the church or camp ground (prayer city). In the words of the general overseer, if you can not abide by the instructions given by the Holy Spirit to the church , you can leave the church to the one that permits what you want period

6. missprof

June 5, 2014 at 12:45 am

I agree, i think doctrines are doctrines. If you don’t agree with it, then what are you doing worshipping there? A church is made up of and represented by its people, not some buildings or assets. So when people see you, they should be able to identify you with the church and vice-versa. I don’t believe in the doctrines of no jewelry or makeup as operated by some of these churches so i don’t bother patronising them to avoid leading a double-life.

7. Keep Calm and Eat Cake

June 5, 2014 at 3:04 am

Apparently trousers, pant suits are not allowed at MFM. They are not the only ones with this practice. The white garment churches are even more stringent – many of them don’t even wear shoes…

8. No name

June 5, 2014 at 7:53 am

Ignorance of the highest order. What do we now believe in? The word of God or Church doctrines. God wants people or should say sinners to be saved. How do they want to save souls when certain people are not allowed in. What makes them think people wearing skirt with their head covered is holy. Where does it say in the Bible about trousers. May God help Us all. To not only read the word but understand the word.

9. nwanyi na aga aga

June 5, 2014 at 8:18 am

I dont understand why people choose to worship where they disagree with the doctrines. What are you doing there? Abi u want to bring confusion? Every religion or denomination has their likes and dislikes, their doctrines and beliefs, nne if ur beliefs does not align with theirs what are you looking for there? or you just want to be a spirit of confusion in the environment. People like trouble shaa. Everybody knows MFM they dont allow these things what are you doing there in such attire? In their compound? Is that not even trespassing? smh

10. Noise Creators

June 5, 2014 at 8:43 am

Its not a news! People always creating avenue to nail the church of God

It is very simple, there are a 1001 churches in Lagos. If that one doesn’t suit you, get another place. Not a member but we shouldn’t always condemn other people’s values as we expect no one to condemn ours.

Live and let live. Find another place and dont complain!

11. datibogurl

June 5, 2014 at 9:36 am

That is how i woke up on sunday feeling violent prayer mood and decided to bypass the 5 churches on my street and go to mfm and pray. I wore a knee length dress with mix match colored scarf as i couldnt find any. They turned me back at the gate for wearing earnings and my dress wasn’t long enough. I had to go to catholic church inside unilag where i felt like a house help with my dressing. In other words, dont go to mfm if you are not dressed like a born again: their own church is not to SAVE but for the Saved. Dont get it twisted

12. Froyo

June 5, 2014 at 9:51 am

Ikoja aiye, youtube mfm membership don do for me

13. tutsie4ller

July 8, 2014 at 1:06 am

When in Rome, you behave like the Romans!! Their are other banks outside the prayer city that will allow such dress code. So. I still ponder on why she has to wear a trouser to where is clearly statrted that’ ‘ women wearing trousers will not be allowed to the prayer ground’. Or if prayer city doesn’t have a bank won’t she go to another bank?! Or if she wears skirt. For that day, will she not be live.. Plzzzz

14. Akarachi

August 11, 2016 at 4:57 pm

I dont see why they should do that unless she was entering the church knowing she shouldnt wear trousers, pants or any loose or offensive clothing then thats the time they would have reacted to her, but she wasn’t heading to church just going to the bank. This woman has every right to sue them they interrogated her at the wrong time.