Career

Zuriel Oduwole arrives Brazil as Special Girls Education Ambassador

BellaNaija.com

Zuriel Oduwole in Brazil - June 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01002
11 year old Zuriel Oduwole has arrived Brazil as part of a multi-country project highlighting the contributions an educated girl such as Zuriel, can make to their local, regional, and global economy.

The young documentary filmmaker’s global influence has been busy over the last few weeks.

She was at the successful convening of a First Lady’s colloquy on education in West Africa, was featured on BBC and was part of Gucci Foundation‘s Women and Girl Education (Chime for Change) platform in New York.

Zuriel’s trip was sponsored by Ethiopian Airlines. She arrived in Sao Paulo Brazil, the venue for the 2014 FIFA World Cup opening game, and will visit other cities including Rio de Janeiro and Curitiba, on a special mission.

Her media crew is present to film her every move.

Other countries lined up as part of this new project include Ethiopia, Rwanda, Nigeria, South Africa, Ghana and India.

You can see Zuriel’s projects and schedules on dreamupspeakupstandup.com

Zuriel Oduwole in Brazil - June 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01003

Zuriel With ET Captain. On her way to Brazil from Addis Ababa

Zuriel Oduwole in Brazil - June 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01001

1. @edDREAMZ

June 12, 2014 at 5:12 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Is this angel so great or what….. ??
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

2. Nigerwifediary.blogspot

June 12, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Schools are in session. Allow this girl to go to school. Na wa

nigerwifediary.blogspot.com

• Ejiro Akpe

June 12, 2014 at 5:48 pm

I think I read she is home schooled, so she is blessed to have a flexible school schedule. My niece goes to school in the US, and the schools are on holidays already. So, stop hating, and wish her well. We all do over here, and we pray our kids are like her. Naija kids are the best O.

3. SOLO ACT

June 12, 2014 at 8:10 pm

ok but i hope she is concentrating on her education and not on making public appearances. i know its summer vacation but i am beginning to side eye her parents

4. Olayemi

June 13, 2014 at 7:58 am

I have a feeling her parents are exploiting her. They should let her grow naturally, it’s only responsible of them to do so. I’ve seen brighter kids who don’t go through this ordeal.

• Temi Tango Adamolegun

June 14, 2014 at 3:11 am

Hey Olayemi,
      I was going to agree with you, but some kids are simply gifted, rounded, and exceptional. I don’t believe in putting a lid on talented people. This girl has interviewed more than 12 Presidents. Their aids, security and advisers would have done their homework before allowing her. I was thinking about this. So, maybe her parents are not exploiting her, maybe she is indeed, just gifted and talented, and the world is recognizing it. Don’t forget Forbes interviewed her last year at age 10 making her the youngest person [not youngest Nigerian, but youngest person] in the world. They too must have seen something special in her. What would you do if this was your daughter. For me, I would push her as far as she can go. Just my opinion though. Who knows where she can land with this. God Bless her and her family, and God please give us kids like this. That’s my 10 kobo piece.