News

Nigerian Man in UK accuses RCCG Church in Manchester of Brainwashing Women

Ayadi - July - BN News - BellaNaija.com 01
Ayadi Moniaye is a Nigerian man based in the UK. He is accusing the Redeemed Christian Church of God‘s “Jubilee Parish” in Manchester of turning his former wife against him.

The pair tied the knot in 2000 and according to Punch, they separated in 2009 after years of domestic violence. They have three children together.

Ayadi claims that a group in the church teaches women how to get the support of the UK immigration policy by abusing their spouses.

“Nigerian women in the UK were brainwashed by the group to abuse their husbands so they can claim their husbands’ property and exploit the UK immigration policy to their advantage.

I challenged the church, telling the coordinators of the programme that the Bible did not support such practice. Unknown to me, my wife was part of it.” he told reporters.

On many occasions, Ayadi said his wife assaulted him, but she got frustrated when he did not fight back. He also said his wife called the police to kick him out of the house, but when they met the children consoling him, they did not do so.

“After series of such unprovoked attacks, my wife admitted that she was maltreating me to get me out of the house.” he said.

Ayadi revealed to reporters that he is concerned about the negative impression “women are portraying the image of this country to the outside world”.

Ayadi is also trying to reach Pastor Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer of the church, but all efforts have been refused.

An official at the Jubilee parish stated that the pastor of the church will not respond to the allegations.

The Chief Legal Officer Ayodele Oladeji of RCCG said that they are currently investigating the matter.

Photo Credit: Punch

1. TexasHausaGirl

July 14, 2014 at 5:41 am

All I can say is WOW!!

• Ada

February 19, 2019 at 2:49 pm

I need to listen to the other parties. Did you assault your wife also. Did she just report you to authorities because you have been a wonderful, caring, understanding and responsible man. Women don’t desire to leave good men o unless that woman is a psychiatric case. If my husband treats me right even after 3 children, what am I going to talk about in church. Na good testimony. I won’t even say much make dem no snatch am.

2. amebo

July 14, 2014 at 6:04 am

nawa o, this women are wicked sha o, if na true e de talk…later now if blacks marry whites una go complain, atlst dem no dey get hidden agenda

3. Dee

July 14, 2014 at 6:24 am

Gilbert Deya ministries in London does the same something, encouraging women to divorce men for their one and property, and convincing them that Gilbert is a prophet and and that they should sleep with him instead. I just hope all of the false prophets and fake men of God know that they must eventually meet god and answer for their sins. ,

• MC

July 14, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Wait! Gilbert Deya is still around??? even after him and his wife were caught child trafficking/stealing and police closed their church down?
      I cant believe any sane person regards this man as a man of God. Gullible is a damn understatement!!!

4. Thatgidigirl

July 14, 2014 at 9:58 am

And this is on BN because???

• newbie

July 28, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Help me and ask. The story is so all over the place sef.

5. 1 + The One

July 14, 2014 at 10:03 am

What utter rubbish.. Please read this story again and see if it even adds up?!! If women abuse men, they get the same convictions as when men abuse women..
    You only get ‘kicked out’ when there’s proof that you have domestically abused your wife (or husband)!
    BN please, you have standards – this is softsell quality!

• Ibukun

July 15, 2014 at 1:11 am

Bless you for choosing to reason!

6. $exyD

July 14, 2014 at 10:09 am

Religion is the opium of the masses…one should learn to draw the line btw brainwashing and worshipping God…abi worshipping pastors

7. gigi

July 14, 2014 at 10:59 am

So after YEARS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, she should stay so if she dies what will happen, or is it because in Africa we appreciate domestic violence!!!..kmt!

• NaijaPikin

July 14, 2014 at 2:25 pm

How about you read the story before commenting. The story clearly states that the men are the ones supposedly getting abused,

8. DjDMA

July 14, 2014 at 1:48 pm

A story normally have two sides but all the same these things don’t surprise me.

9. mosesobi

July 14, 2014 at 4:52 pm

All fake prophets will be exposed in Jesus name. Amen.
    firstclassexclusive.blogspot.com

10. Me

July 14, 2014 at 9:47 pm

I would not have believed it, but its happened to one of my mum’s friend. She used to attend this same branch as this man with her husband and after a few years of marriage, her husband became chummy with the Pastor and the leaders in Church, seperated from his wife and is cavorting with another young girl in Church. She made noise about it, spoke to Pastor et al, but was ignored. She’s so sad and bitter, doesn’t go to Church anymore because in her words “RCCG, Jubilee had a hand in destroying her marriage”. Another RCCG Pastor and family friend for another branch in a town outside Manchester (don’t want to name it because there are only 2 or so RCCGs there) has said that God will judge what’s going on within Jubilee Church and a lot of Redeemed Churches in the UK.
    It’s so sad and it breaks my heart that the Church of Christ has degenerated to this level.
    Anyway, it’s the last days and people forget that their souls are more important than ‘papers’ and it’s not worth gaining the world and positions in Church in exchange for eternity with God.
    God will heal our Churches, weed out false prophets, take away hatred and bitterness from victims and enable us to keep on watching and praying for His return.
    PS: Sorry for the long post

• Ibukun

July 15, 2014 at 1:14 am

Oh so in this case it is the man that got brainwashed into leaving his wife (your mum’s friend)? so I guess the church is into brainwashing both men and women…right?…i see.

• sammy

July 20, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Please, can we talk? I am a journalist and will like to have a chat with u. Can I have your facebook name? tnx

• sammy

July 20, 2014 at 4:09 pm

here’s my mail: [email protected].

• Ayadi Moniaye

August 17, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Thank you my sister, I want to say categorically here that Ms Chika Dixon who drove her husband back to Nigeria told me in front of Netto at Levenshulme that it was Pastor Bimbo Komolafe that was solely responsible. She showed me her son that she was having health challenges with after the abuse. I do not need to hide anything. She told me. Pastor Bimbo and Pastor Michael Oludipe are of the same league in encouraging leasing Psm 4:2 and 5:6. This has to stop and this is why I am out against it.

11. Ibukun

July 15, 2014 at 1:30 am

When will people (especially us/we Africans) start learning how to take responsibility for our actions?! we always find someone/something to blame for our ireful predicaments. This dude probably (probably i repeat) beat his wife to stupor, but no it is easier to blame the church. Really like someone stated up there, how does abusing your husband lead to getting his property…especially in the UK?! the story simply doesn’t add up! when we are not blaming the economy, we are blaming the church, when it’s not the church, it is the wicked stepmother in the village, when it’s not the wicked step mother, we resort to giving the issue a medical name, claiming it’s an ailment. How about…”This is what I did and it was all my fault” ?! that’s a really good start to solving issues on ground! I promise you it is.
    And please no, I don’t attend rccg jubilee or any other redeemed christian church…this is just my unbiased opinion.

12. John

July 16, 2014 at 4:40 pm

These things happen all over the UK. It is not just in RCCG…it is a general think in the UK and it is one of the main reasons that marriages are becoming increasingly unsustainable in the UK. Everywhere an African woman goes in the UK, she gets pressured into a separation by the kind of things she gets told. The social services would tell her that she can get more if she was not married and almost every public official would point out the advantages of being single, in an indirect way.

There are very many stories of women who get to UK and suddenly their husbands are not good enough etc. Unfortunately for them, more often than not, they end up alone and miserable but it tends to be too late to go back. Such single women abound all over UK and they become easy pickings for men who play around.

• Ayadi Moniaye

August 17, 2014 at 3:32 pm

No Sir, a man from New Covenant Church told me her wife was invited for such by Pastor Mrs Oludipe and they left the church immediately. There are few churches promoting this in UK. Why should RCCG encourage this or try to cover it up? When Pastor Dr Olukoya from mountain of fire ministries heard about it trying to come to his church in Manchester -he transferred the erring pastor to London immediately. Please evil must be addressed instantly in the church.

13. Moniaye Ayadi

July 22, 2014 at 9:55 am

Please i have contacted bellanaija.com for over 5 days now to explain the source of the below statement but i do not have any response

“An elder in the community, however claims that it was Ayadi that had beaten his wife several times.”
    Please i gave Punch the following;
    1. Recorded and translated evidence of her abuse to me on 28/1/2010 and 26/4/2009.
    2. Criminal Injuries Tribunal fact finding evidence confirming i was a victim of her violence.
    3. Evidence of how social service worker who my wife introduced my niece asked her to pursue benefit and work in Britain rather than the funded scholarship for a master degree.
    4. Evidence of Mama Toro an elder in the community who was there at the admittance with Olayinka Siyanbola now Arowosegbe. Yinka

14. moniaye Ayadi

August 1, 2014 at 11:58 am

DIVINE EXPOSITON IN MY UK EXPERIENCE

It was around May 2005, I came back from UK to meet my family with an HSMP approval to take them with me to UK for my study. Then I attended the Sunday School of the RCCG Church in my house and the Pastor was asking my wife why she married me. She then called her out and said she will witness throughout the world but he does not know of her husband. I quickly sense the works of Satan using the Pastor on an evil prophesy. Pastor Shitta then was the area Pastor who worked at RCCG Bible College in camp.
    I was later told by my wife that Pastor Shitta arranged a woman to be with my wife at home to tutor her. When I left them and came back to UK on securing the HSMP Visa for all my family members to come after.
    I asked my wife to be with Pastor Gbenle for a prayer before they set out on their way to UK in the first week of July 2005 but she refused. They were sent back from the plane at the airport. This was a clear indication of God’s power in my life. She came home and did what I told her to do and the journey was smooth. She came to Britain and said she wanted to break my authority over her as a husband. I left her to do all she wanted to do with Pastor Mrs. Bimbo Komolafe providing all the supports.
    Around September 2005, an arrangement was made with my wife’s consent that I should give the message during the administration of the Holy Communion in Jubilee Church, Manchester. I went to God and read from his words, I saw the disciples of Jesus cannot see him after resurrection on the way to Emmaus until the breaking of bread which popped their eyes opened, and they recognize Jesus. That was the first revelation to the RCCG Jubilee Church in Manchester. If I can tell you, my wife sat with glaring arrogance at the back of the Church with crossed leg waiting for me to fail in the delivery of the message. An aura of awesome presence of God unfolded into the assembly and truly eyes were opened. What has been hidden from the workers in the Church were made known to them and some left the Church immediately on seeing the scam going on. I too left with my family.
    Around July 2006, I called Pastor Mrs. Bimbo Komolafe after seeing that she was using Titi Aribo to connect my wife with Ms Moji Okanlami to read with me on the phone Luke 12:1-4. This scripture says nothing any man does in secret that will not be made known openly. Pastor Mrs. Bimbo Komolafe read this with me.
    Some few months later, I went to a night work and after my usual prayer, I saw in a vision Pastor Mrs. Bimbo Komolafe leading some women with clubs in their hand coming to attack me, I did not fight them but a barrier was erected to prevent them from reaching me. They were only able to shout their incantations in the vision. The same day, on my way to work in the morning, I had an accident with my knee injured but again God protected my life.
    Following this divine exposition, the following took place with a clear link to Pastor Mrs. Bimbo Komolafe
    (a). Pastor Mrs. Bimbo Komolafe used Pastor Prince to influenced Chipo Dube to make false allegations against me to the police. I know this when Pastor Prince wanted to discuss with me, Pastor Mrs. Bimbo Komolafe was trailing him on the phone. Pastor Prince informed me that it was Pastor Mrs. Bimbo that was calling him and I refused to discuss further in that meeting. Pastor Prince is a neighbour to Pastor Bimbo Komolafe
    (b). Pastor Mrs. Bimbo Komolafe used Yetunde Bolarin to influenced my Niece – Atinuke Ayadi to accept illegal working and benefits seeking in UK. Pastor Bimbo, the wife and Yetunde Bolarin finished as friends from University of Lagos.
    (c). Pastor Mrs. Bimbo Komolafe used the link with Niyi and Folake Aina to connect to Elder Chuks Opara in Bethsan International Church to try to indict me in a criminal matter by asking me to prepare a payship for a lady making application to the Home Office as an accountant. Folake Aina is a senior sister to Yetunde Bolarin and my niece was connected to Yetunde Bolarin through her as she unfolded this to me herself when we met first time on June 7, 2009 at the Church.
    (d). Following the visit of Pastor Isiaka, the UK elder of the RCCG, he asked me why I brought my niece to my family and when eventually they incorporated my niece into the scam, she cried profusely in a church service I gave a message in May 2009 when I shared the curses on Reuben from his father for what he did wrong to his father’s wife. Clearly, the elder – Pastor Isiaka knows the plan to use my niece and refused to correct this bad manipulation within the Church.
    (f). Pastor Bimbo Komolafe who visited mama Toro and confirmed my wife’s open admittance in April 2009 from both Olayinka Siyanbola now Arowosegbe and Mama Toro told the police as showed in the e-mail Inspector O. Reilly sent to me in September 7, 2010, that he never heard about the admittance which even Olayinka Siyanbola confirmed to him, the wife and Pastor Isiaka.

The Responses Received when the leaders in RCCG were Informed.
    – In 2008, I wrote Pastor Agu a letter he did not respond to. On April 2009 I follow-up with him and Pastor Modupe, they asked Elder Isiaka to visit and I did not receive any response from him on what to do or what they have done.
    – Between 2010 to 2012, I was liaising with Pastor Olorunnimbe whom I met one on one during my visits to Ebute Metta and he promised to get back to me, giving me his official call card. I made several follow-ups but no response. I contacted Pastor Leke Adeboye and he told me the UK Office should respond. I contacted both Pastor Agu and Pastor Modupe again and they promised to look into it. When I did not get any response, I was given only an e-mail address to contact Pastor E-A Adeboye directly in 2012. I am just getting to know now that such e-mails did not get to him as they are being blocked by protocol officers.
    – Flowing my persistent contacts with the UK authority of RCCG and my request to meet with Pastor E.A Adeboye on 19th July 2013, they quietly scheduled a meeting with me for 18th July 2013 to prevent my proposed meeting with Pastor E.A. Adeboye. In the meeting they promised to get back to meet with me and up till now, they never did.
    – In September 2013, I came back to Ebute Metta and I was told to write directly my concerns and hand it over to Pastor E.A. Adeboye. This I did and did not receive any response. I followed up in November 2013 with a note handed over to the security but no response.
    – Around February 2014, I contacted the S.R.U – Code of Conduct Unit whose leader initiated two private contacts to Pastor E.A. Adeboye but failed. I then have to make the report official in June 2014 by placing them with the Legal Department. The lack of any response prompted the first publication in the National Newspaper.
    I write all these because the Church is allowed to participate in worldly affairs openly with the consent of the leaders. God is really against such a practice. Those that are involved in these hideous acts, some of the Nigerian social workers are even having private practice on this in the UK while the government is not taking steps to correct this. This is the time for action and urgently

15. ade

September 29, 2014 at 3:45 pm

You are saying the truth, for I had a similar experience over series of years from my RCCG’s church member, effortly collaborated by RCCG’s Leicester Pastor (T) and their cohorts. But, for my steadfastness and faith in Almighty Allah with prayer to whom I believed in, my wife turned round and made confession about.their sinister and conspiracy. So, I forgive and conquire.

16. P.DIM

July 1, 2017 at 8:38 am

My admonition to commentators is that we should hear the other sides of stories before we comment (I agree that it will be difficult on some instances because we did not mandate the first writer of the story). I have met the children of the supposed writer of the story , Dara,
    Dammy and Dimimu (who are now
    Grown ups and doing very well). I have confirmed that it was Mr.Ayadi who beats his wife and assaults her at the slightest opportunity , it was Mr.Ayadi who called the police on his wife, at the arrival of the cops , they discovered that it was him Maltreating the wife and they choose to send him out of the house as opposed to his intent of getting the wife sent out. I believe that it’s women who makes media propaganda, so, I would have expected Bola to be the one doing all these brouhaha. Bros, your children are doing so well that you will be impressed seeing them. You can’t pray for better children than those. You never had any property in
    England , govt housed your family till they got settled in longsight Manchester. I know you can be responsible now and retrace your misdeeds , you Christians call it time of ignorance or handiwork of the devil. No need deforming the character of your wife and family. I won’t be surprised if you go aggressive on my submission but I advise you take
    Stock and get well with the rest of your life and also get rid of bitterness.
    Regards

17. Olatunde

May 15, 2018 at 9:31 am

I don’t think people realise that a lot of couple from Nigeria coming to the uk to either study or make a better live now ends up with a broken marriage.

It is so so sad , this did happen to me and presently I just won the court case as my so called ex wife whom I brought into the uk .. claims I raped and abused her. Just because she wants us to claim assylum and I said NO… God will help us all… Anyone in this predicament should try and not just live everything to God u need to take action …. if you need advice you can always contact me .

18. Chidi

October 21, 2018 at 9:38 am

Thank God I married a good, beautiful and godly white Eastern European woman. We attend church where there are majority of Eastern Europeans attending and there is no trouble there like in Nigerian/African churches. We have been attending there for over twelve years. We are married for eighteen years and happy with four healthy and exellently behaved children. Meanwhile African men who married African women have troublesome relationships and their children cause nothing but trouble and joining gangs.

19. Pastor Adetunji Onaleye

December 31, 2019 at 2:25 pm

Ayadi Moniaye please send me your phone number

20. Pastor Adetunji Onaleye

April 11, 2020 at 5:33 pm

They say I have Mental Health Issue too.