News

Should Keshi still Coach the Super Eagles?

BellaNaija.com

Stephen Keshi - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com
Today Friday 4th July 2014, Stephen Keshi, the head coach of Super Eagles revealed that he is ready to continue coaching the national football team if his contract with the Nigeria Football Federation is extended.

If you recall, after Nigeria lost to France at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, news went viral that he resigned. But he later refuted the reports saying he only told the players that his contract had expired and he may not coach them anymore.

In Abuja, he told reporters that he would like to finish what he started if given the opportunity.
He said;

“Although, I have not spoken with the NFF yet, I am out of contract now and I need to move ahead. I have spent two and a half years in Nigeria and I love Nigeria; it is my country and the national team is in my blood.

If I meet with the NFF and we agree to the conditions in a new contract, there is no problem.

There are many countries like South Africa that are seeking my service, but I will give priority to Nigeria if we agree because I will love to finish what I started if everything goes on well.

But if not, I will like to move my train to somewhere else because it is always a good experience when you go out there and try something else.”

Keshi also said that in the next three to four years that the Super Eagles will be a force to reckon with. Do you want Keshi back? Let’s talk about it.

***

In other news, FIFA has ordered Nigeria to reinstate the executive committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) not later than Tuesday or face a ban.

A Nigerian court on Thursday sacked the NFF, and the government appointed a sole administrator for the country’s football

1. JOjo

July 4, 2014 at 10:05 pm

A million times yes. He is one of the best in the world. Look at what he has achieved in 2 years.
    We need him particular in all thing s joor. Hi better than all the 3rd rate oyinbo coach you go for

2. Abatan Usman

July 4, 2014 at 10:17 pm

Keshi Should Continue,he is the best man for the job…

3. beatrice

July 4, 2014 at 10:51 pm

Short answer. Yes.

• Bobby

July 5, 2014 at 4:59 am

Can you recall a game from the world cup that we honestly won?

4. Kenny

July 4, 2014 at 11:19 pm

I don’t want to use the word hate, but if one fails to deliver, he/she gives way for others to try. In my opinion, he failed to deliver as such, he should quit. In my opinion, the Nigerian ppl and government gave him an assignment to bring the cup to Nigerian, but he lost. If i am runing a business, i don’t want a looser in my team. Keshi is a looser big time.

5. Idoko S

July 4, 2014 at 11:21 pm

Keshi should go ahead as chief coach of super eagle.Not even jose of chelsea.

6. Kenny

July 4, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Only in Nigeria we don’t hold ppl accountable.

• mark

July 5, 2014 at 4:40 am

pls wat accountability are you talking about ? didn’t he win nations cup ? after how many years

7. Peaches77

July 5, 2014 at 12:25 am

So have other teams who have lost out in the World Cup sacked their coaches?

8. NNENNE

July 5, 2014 at 3:33 am

Why not? What magic would foreign couches have done?

9. mark

July 5, 2014 at 4:39 am

leave Keshi alone pls …He is Nigerian and will have the countries best interest we cant be changing coaches like south Africa,thats why they cant win any tournament

10. Deedar

July 5, 2014 at 8:28 am

Yes! We need continuity. For those criticizing him, what was the state of affairs before Keshi?? We have such short memories. The guy has done well so far, let’s keep him on board to allow him to consolidate on the team’s achievements and long-term potential.

11. dillon abu

July 5, 2014 at 11:08 am

…Keshi’s contract should not only be renewed, he should be paid as much as the Italian and English football coaches. He is working and instead of paying this earnest worker his wage, the senators and reps of the house are pocketing the monies and stealing the country blind.
    What manner of country is this that dont recognise hard work and the hardworker?
    S H A M E…..

12. nelo

July 5, 2014 at 3:24 pm

they should just allow him be Biko

13. emmanuel omole

July 5, 2014 at 7:25 pm

keshi is still the man for the job let me tell you a lot of people will not truly appreciated his work until he leaves

14. silas

July 6, 2014 at 2:06 am

Please for God sake give the coaching back to Keshi.
    Give him time and necessary tools to help him successful
    He is a pride for us to have such indigenous coach with such brilliant performance

15. Baba yao

July 6, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Keshi has done a very commendable job ,let’s learn how to tolerate ,unnecessary changes may harm our African football.Please provide him contract!

16. ChySpaRkZ

July 6, 2014 at 6:51 pm

Even though we don’t deserve him, with all our badmouthing and insults despite all his efforts, Keshi should stay on as coach and a better contract signed!!

17. chimoh

July 7, 2014 at 10:03 am

NFF! NFF! NFF! how many times did i call you people??????? Bikonu, Please NU renew Keshi’s contract and while ya’ll at it, make it a very long contract too cos we are tired of all this 2, 2 years contract and before you know it we are back to this “My Contract has expired story or i have re-signed and i have not resigned super stories” the guy has done a great job so far, leave him to carry on the mantle for me i believe continuity will play a key role, rather than to have a new coach who will have to start from the beginning to adapt to the players pattern of play or come with a new formula that might take everlasting for the players to adapt to.