Relationships

3 Years & a Cutie Later: Joke of Makeup by Jaytee & Olamide Talk about Their Love

Joke Tijani of Makeup by JT | Inije Photography & Films | Anniversary Feature | BellaNaija 06

It’s time for another BN Weddings Catch Up feature!

We always get requests from readers about life after the fabulous wedding and we’re happy to oblige!

Today we meet up with Joke AKA Jaytee Tijani of @makeupbyjaytee, her husband, Olamide, an accountant, and their adorable baby boy fondly called D Boy!

For recent BN Weddings catch up features, see HereHere, HereHere & Here.

Enjoy and be inspired!

***

At their wedding 3 years ago…

Joke Tijani of Makeup by JT | Anniversary Feature | BellaNaija 01

BN Weddings: How has marriage been so far?

JayTee: “Marriage with Adeorimi has been nothing but a blissful journey so far, I am assured daily that I married the bone of my bone and the flesh of my flesh. Life after wedding was first challenging but with Olamide’s patience we are going strong. I fall in love with him everyday because he is the best part of me. His love has taught me perseverance in every areas of my life. I see how he is growing not only as my husband but as a father to our son. One of the things that drew me to him was his family orientation and I am more than thrilled to have a family with him.

What have you learned about yourself and your husband since you’ve been married?

I have learned a lot about myself since I got married. I was extremely stubborn and love to make decisions on my own, but, I feel at ease to be able to let down my guard and let him help with decision making that will benefit us as a couple/parent. I have also seen some changes in my husband ever since marriage; he is more open to me and always make sure we pray together as a Family, especially after the birth of Oluwatofarati.

Looking back at your wedding, would you change anything?

I wouldn’t change anything about my wedding, even though I was two hours late, I believe everything happened for a reason and the way it was ordained by the most high. We dated for 6 years in a long distance relationship, I lived in Canada and he lives in Atlanta, although hard but we made it work.

Any advice for single people seeking a partner?

My advice to single people out there is to put God first and every other thing will follow. Search at the right time and right place. I met my husband at an Annual Youth Conference in Canada when I was only 19 and he was 21. I was not looking for a relationship but I knew God had his own plan.

Tips for newlyweds?

To the newlyweds, continue to let God be the Center of it, pray together, talk to each other, don’t forget date nights. Be extremely patient in all.”

Thank you so much for sharing!

***

3 years and “D Boy” later … 🙂

Joke Tijani of Makeup by JT | Inije Photography & Films | Anniversary Feature | BellaNaija 07 Joke Tijani of Makeup by JT | Inije Photography & Films | Anniversary Feature | BellaNaija 02Joke Tijani of Makeup by JT | Inije Photography & Films | Anniversary Feature | BellaNaija 04 Joke Tijani of Makeup by JT | Inije Photography & Films | Anniversary Feature | BellaNaija 08 Joke Tijani of Makeup by JT | Inije Photography & Films | Anniversary Feature | BellaNaija 01 Joke Tijani of Makeup by JT | Inije Photography & Films | Anniversary Feature | BellaNaija 05 Joke Tijani of Makeup by JT | Inije Photography & Films | Anniversary Feature | BellaNaija 03

Credits

Traditional Wedding Photo: Arambada Photography | facebook.com/arambadaphotography
Anniversary Photos: Inije Photography & Films | instagram.com/inijephoto | inijephoto.com
Makeup: Makeup by JT | instagram.com/makeupbyjaytee | facebook.com/makeupbyjt

1. XteriAyaoba

August 29, 2014 at 7:40 am

May God continue to bless your home and your love burning.

2. bimbo

August 29, 2014 at 8:12 am

Waoooo.i luv d last pics where d Lil cutie was screamin.lol so cute.HWA nd wishin u all d best of marital blissm

3. roneyberry

August 29, 2014 at 8:34 am

Awww. .So cute

4. NIKE

August 29, 2014 at 9:08 am

This is so cute! love the couple concepts and their lovely baby…. wish you a happy matrimony.

5. Adaeze Writes

August 29, 2014 at 9:18 am

May God continue to strengthen your union and family. Amen.

6. Kukks

August 29, 2014 at 9:18 am

Awwwww! May the Lord bless your home.

7. Berry Dakara

August 29, 2014 at 9:24 am

Awww, this is very cute! Thanks for sharing.

I hope I can share mine eventually 😀

berrydakara.blogspot.com

8. Steph

August 29, 2014 at 9:29 am

Lav it!

9. felixchristian

August 29, 2014 at 9:30 am

very good

10. Fume

August 29, 2014 at 9:31 am

Yea that last pic was very cute, May God continue to bless and keep your home

11. THAT CHICK

August 29, 2014 at 11:02 am

awwww,cute.God bless your home..

12. @edDREAMZ

August 29, 2014 at 11:24 am

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Mehn, to marry don they hungry i swear….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

13. Jenni

August 29, 2014 at 11:29 am

Sweet!

14. Pam pam

August 29, 2014 at 11:38 am

Very cute but please can the husbands answer the questions as well! We all know women are crazy about being married so we need a mans perspective.

15. Eyitayo

August 29, 2014 at 11:47 am

beautiful family!! that last pix is everything *adorableDboy

16. NNENNE

August 29, 2014 at 1:13 pm

The last picture melted my heart.
    I can’t imagine a functional society without stable families. That boy is very happy.
    May God continue to guide you guys. Amen.

17. esin jacob

August 29, 2014 at 1:20 pm

luvly couple wish too b like dis very soon

18. love

August 29, 2014 at 1:30 pm

May God continue to be your strength.

19. bellemoizelle

August 29, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Happily Ever After does exist,that’s bliss…………………. La vie est belle!

20. Yemi

August 30, 2014 at 2:09 am

God bless and keep you all.

21. deel

August 30, 2014 at 2:40 am

Amennnnnnn

22. flora

September 1, 2014 at 12:28 am

Awwww look at my beautiful jaytee and teejay, and my Daniel bobo. My ATL pple representing. Love from fallon

23. This is so beautiful. God bless you guys.
    mytestimonys.blogspot.com/