Scoop

Denrele Edun to release Book on 20 Years in the Industry – Will He Talk About Reports on His Sexuality?

Denrele Edun - August 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01
In 1995, Denrele Edun was just like many TV hopefuls, looking for an opportunity to rock our TV with their personalities. Others may have quit, but Denrele didn’t and he got in.

And boy did he rock our world. From his days as a Soundcity TV presenter to being a bonafide African TV superstar and top media personality, it has been an entertaining ride.

BN has learnt that Denrele will release a book in 2015 detailing his years in the industry. That will be 20 years.

He tells us exclusively that it will match his personality and that is a crazy book. “Not about to release the book until next year to celebrate 25 years in the game! I haff tey o! Started out in 1995. The book is crazy though…” he said.

From what we hear, he will open about about various aspects of his life and all the behind the scenes drama of the industry and may also talk about one aspect the media always zooms in on – his sexuality.

1. Marie Antoinette

August 21, 2014 at 11:29 am

Congrats to Denrele! Not sure I would want to read his book though.

#RealMenDon’tBleach.

2. POSHILLA!

August 21, 2014 at 11:36 am

ME I LIKE DERENLE OO , WETHER HE IS GAY OR NOT. BESIDES GAY GUYS ARE GOOD GIRL FRIENDS TO ME. I USED TO HAVE ONE SOME TIME AGO BEFORE HE TRAVELLED TO MARRY HIS LOVER .I MISS HIM TILL DATE JOOR

3. baboushka

August 21, 2014 at 11:50 am

The boy has Indian blood his sexuality wouldn’t surprise me….

4. Bella

August 21, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Does he have a girlfriend? Is he gay? In this age we really don’t care if he is or he isn’t, but what I can say is there is no girl in her right mind out there who would approve of his looks, choices and way of dress! Just stating the obvious! #itsnoneofmybusinessthough

• Cynthia

August 21, 2014 at 12:50 pm

If there was a girl for charley boy there wl be a girl for him.

• Mama

August 22, 2014 at 12:39 am

Please park aside joo……Charlie boy has been married how many years…….anyhow person be e must to get who like am…….#factoflife#

5. Monica

August 21, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Wow…. 14years

6. temidayo

August 21, 2014 at 1:14 pm

I love Denrele till the moon turns green…..

7. Olanne

August 21, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Obviously, the person who wrote this forgot we Nigerians (Lagosians for sure) grew up watching Denrele in Kiddies Vision 101!! How on earth can you forget that?! Hian!

8. @edDREAMZ

August 21, 2014 at 2:25 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Anything of this dude doesnt interest me at all and who reads book this days……
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• Mama

August 22, 2014 at 12:46 am

No wonder u always make daft comments…….it’s obvious u don’t read book to acquire knowledge

9. O g o

August 21, 2014 at 2:40 pm

What would i gain from reading the book,crazy lifestyle noni!

10. Non professional opinion

August 21, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Congrats in advance. As for the the sexuality issue, why people would expect him to answer a question that could land him in jail is beyond me. Keep schtum my friend so that we can continue to enjoy you for 25+25+25 more years.

11. lynn

August 21, 2014 at 3:47 pm

luv u darling, a big future advance Congrats to your Success, and wishing u plenty more to come. * u don’t owe anyone any explanation nor clarity about ur sexuality, just be happy with ur self

12. sum1special

August 21, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Denrele is such a nice guy.

13. Linsey

August 21, 2014 at 4:28 pm

This dude should just come out of the damn closet I believe he will be supported by family and friends no2 stop that gel ur using..

14. kunle onatoye

August 21, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Wots spectacular about his book? He has fake american ascent

15. Onye

August 21, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Well it’s so obvious what his sexuality is. I don’t think he has to even say it because it exudes from every pore of his being.

16. My New Craves are GidiUp and Windeck AMShowcase series

August 22, 2014 at 9:17 am

When i ever i see Denrele my heart beats with fear really dont know why…..

17. Nora

August 22, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Im not totally familiar with the African culture, Sine there are many differences based on where you live. In general I always grew up as a kid looking at news information and Africa just seemed like a place that in general did not accept
    any types of homosexuality. Reading thiis comment page it seems as times are changinging in Africa. .