Scoop

Ebola: Juliet Ibrahim Sounds Off on Insensitive Comments by OAPs

BellaNaija.com

Juliet Ibrahim  - July 2014 - BN Movies & TV, BN Music - BellaNaija.com 05
Ghanaian actress Juliet Ibrahim took to social media to speak out on insensitive reports about the deadly Ebola virus.

Seriously it’s sad how many are so ignorant and heartless.

Our brothers and sisters in neighboring countries are dying daily from a deadly viral disease that has no cure and could hit any one of us if we are not careful yet we have others senselessly waking up in d morning taking time off their jobless schedules to type rubbish and broadcast it!

Must every thing be a joke? Instead of us Africans sitting and trying to work on finding the cure we are joblessly spreading lies about salt water curing Ebola whilst waitin around for America to keep busy in their various labs finding a cure that I am very sure we the same Africans will pay for to get a hold of.

Smh! I am really highly disappointed in everyone sending silly bc’s and posting pictures mocking #ebola when der are people been shown on the news daily dying with their entire family. May God save us all but wise up people.

I am listening to radio and all I keep hearing is jokes about salt water and Ebola jokes like seriously!

Wtf! How heartless are these people, instead of using ur airwaves to educate the public these socalled radio personalities are spreading lies and joking with lies! Rubbish rubbish and u all know yourselves crucify me if u like but u all know I am speaking the truth . #endtimes indeed

1. Jane Public

August 8, 2014 at 12:46 pm

I agree. It is in the poor taste. I thought I was the only one who found it quite annoying, We should try to be a little more sensitive with matters like this. I am sure the family of the nurse who died, or the 6 in quarantine now, won’t find it so funny. You can reprimand or correct misinformation (the way Craig did), without turning everything to a joke. I wonder how Julius Agwu and AY would feel if they are the next victims of Ebola. If it hasn’t reached your doorstep yet, doesn’t mean you are special or it won’t. A little seriousness and sensitivity is needed here.

2. LotusFlower

August 8, 2014 at 12:51 pm

She is absolutely right. Where is the humor in the Ebola issue? And yes, the same people cracking jokes will be the first ones begging for the vaccine.

• Ashley B

August 8, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Though not funny, But the humor comes 4rm d fact that, we r helpless n hopeless as africans collectively n individually. Lets be frank here, although i’m not Lampard, lol!! the only thing JULIET IBRAHIM should be worried about is her contribution in Science n Medicine towards the Cure/Remedy of the EBOLA MADNESS. And same goes for anybody that wants to show compassion on EBOLA related grounds.
      If your so AFRICAN n patriotic and as very well concerned about the victims, The only way to prove in my view is to provide the CURE to Ebola str8 after ur observation Juliet!!

Dumb AFRICANS (me included), still waiting on the WEST to provide EBOLA cure abi? Just
      Like the way the WEST waits on Africans to provide CANCER Cure right?

Una never halla, u better start telling them the SALT water solution should be applied 10times daily in xchange for 2 days LIFE LONGEVITY!!!!!………………….. Nonsense!!!!!!

ofcourse, no cure will be found in Africa (so-called EBOLA originators) but in some Western Countries Laboratory…. una no see Foul-play? they dropped it here, now accusing monkeys!! fackin jokers!!!

• TILLY TEE

August 9, 2014 at 1:26 pm

TILLY TEE
      IT REAL AND IT NEED GODS INTERVENTION AND HIS MERCY TO FIGHT THIS FIGHT B COS THE BATTLE IS FOR THE LORD.SO FELLOW GHANIAN DON’T TAKE IT FOR A JOKE .I THINK JUILET IS RIGHT

3. Mahmoud

August 8, 2014 at 12:53 pm

I honestly thot I was the only one disgusted by it all……..something’s are not meant to be funny….it could be anybody next

4. Dino

August 8, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Who da f**k is this Juliet Ibrahim, sounding like an angel what has she done to enlighten people about the virus. I mean she also still gat time to come to social media and type shits. She better start an enlightenment campaign instead of wasting her time coming to act like an angel.

• nonye

August 8, 2014 at 1:41 pm

She started by enlightening people on the lack of humour in the situation

5. ade

August 8, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Exactlyyyyy, we keep making jokes of #ebola and all what nonsense with people like jim iyke and sina rambo fooling themselves with their masks and posting the pics. and after all the trsh, criticizing America that they have not given us their experimental drug. This needs to be taken more seriously, they are working day and night in their labs and we are posting pics and laughing with technology we cant even make…God help us and our terrible leaders

6. moi

August 8, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Dino sit down u punk.

7. nonye

August 8, 2014 at 1:42 pm

I totally agree with Juliet. There is absolutely nothing amusing about this situation

8. bola

August 8, 2014 at 1:44 pm

U speaking the truth my dear…no sense @ all..

9. sum1special

August 8, 2014 at 1:48 pm

I wonder why people make light of a very deadly disease that is claiming lives. I really wonder

10. Charming

August 8, 2014 at 4:25 pm

@Dino no offence,but something is wrong with Psych. You have a very humongous problem. After reading all she wrote all you are concerned about is who she is? That is the only thing you could think of asking? Who are you? No need answering as i know Moron. Juliet thank you for bringing out the fact that we should be sit our A$$ up and not wait for US to give us a cure,We should give the world THE cure, coz we can.

11. Major Variola

August 8, 2014 at 7:40 pm

The West will begin mining the harbors and cratering the airports so
    nothing can leave. They will landmine the jungle. Anything that
    leaves is sunk or shot. Snipers sans Frontieres. Quarantine with
    extreme prejudice.

Civilization is a choice. Make it. Soon.

Or don’t, and the population goes back to the under-billion level
    before the West started feeding everyone…

Fries with that bushmeat?

12. Lupitaliscious

August 8, 2014 at 9:57 pm

The – is NOT GHANAIAN she is Liberian refugee living in Ghana
    Same goes to Van Vicker and Artus Frank
    Why are all these Mofos always claiming Ghanaian. You can NEVER be ghanaian.

13. Endowed