News

Introducing Nigeria’s First High Street Brand, LA.X Nigeria

BellaNaija.com

image-1

Introducing Nigeria’s first wholly owned indigenous High Street brand, LA.X Nigeria.

LA.X provides an affordable range of pieces in classic silhouettes made to international standards for the style conscious Nigerian. Our designs ,fabrics and price points are tailored to reflect the Nigerian high street fashion with strong emphasis on “what we like”, strong colours, rich prints, flattering cuts and light fabrics.

The first seasonal collection from the brand features ethnic-edged versatile pieces with a multigenerational appeal.

We are presented with an array of effortless pieces, from essential camisoles to trendy jumpsuits and printed pants. Men can also shop from a vibrant collection of graphic tees and shorts. There is something for everyone.

View Lookbook Images

lax look book copy-1 LB 1 copy-1 LB 2 copy-1 LB 3 copy-1 LB 4 copy-1 LB 5 copy-1 LB 7 copy-1 LB 8 re2 copy-1 LB 10 copy-1 LB 11 copy-1

View editorial images below:

_848T 1 (2) image  image-2 image-3 image-4 image-5

Real Women in LA.X – Check out photos of the female contestants of  Project Fame give LA.X pieces their own spin.

Melody

Laami

Buy now on www.laxnigeria.com

Follow @laxng on Instagram
Like LA.X on Facebook
Tel: 08122641331

Credits:
Lookbook & Editorial Images | Photography: Moussa Moussa | Styling: Tayo Shonekan

_________________________________________________________________________________
Sponsored Content

1. Melvy

August 11, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Wow…. This is refreshing!

• Bee

August 12, 2014 at 9:01 am

Prices ain’t right for high street.

2. sum1special

August 11, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Not bad.

3. Dee

August 11, 2014 at 12:56 pm

First high street brand? Grey nko?

4. MsBlossom

August 11, 2014 at 12:58 pm

I love every piece, really good. In other news, the “big sista’s” are rally gorgeous and they rocked them prints well.. Beauty, body and style is all about your personality and packaging.

5. Tuke

August 11, 2014 at 1:05 pm

I Love how Ankara is incorporated into every day looks, I did the same in my newest blogpost, check it out!!!

tukesquest.blogspot.com/

6. nanciejul

August 11, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Affordable??? I looked out for prices from N4,000.

7. The Beautiful Eagle

August 11, 2014 at 2:04 pm

stunning…..I love this:)

8. CeeCee

August 11, 2014 at 2:50 pm

So cool! Nigeria is really happening! Finally we are getting it right.

9. labisi

August 11, 2014 at 2:51 pm

LOOOOL affordable ko, I do not thin indigenous autmatically translates to infusing ankara in everything, this is not our ‘high street’ brand though. Just make gorgeous everyday pieces, you do not have to throw in ankara to make a statement

10. labisi

August 11, 2014 at 2:52 pm

LOOOOL affordable ko, I do not think indigenous autmatically translates to infusing ankara in everything, this is not our first ‘high street’ brand though. Just make gorgeous everyday pieces, you do not have to throw in ankara to make a statement. plus these price points are NOT affordable

11. adelegirl

August 11, 2014 at 3:38 pm

This is definitely not the first Nigerian high street brand. I don’t even think Things Nigerian Love (TNL) which carries its own branded items – clothes, shoes, accessories- is the first and they’ve been around for over 2 years if not more. TNL items are also reasonably priced and good quality and designs. Now, I like some of these LAX’s designs- especially the Ankara mix waterfall jackets and the general infusion of ankara prints and the use of “real women” models but I think they are just a tad pricier than TNL. Anyways, thumbs up for Nigerian enterprise. I hope they do well. We need more affordable ready to wear Nigerian brands so foreign brands can stop doing shakara for us and get less of our mullah. 🙂

12. Nice clothes. But who made them high street??? :s

13. Stella Kashmoney

August 11, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Wow interesting.

14. Add Atobatele

August 11, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Wonderful. Now to find stores to stock them!

15. Baby Yaa

August 11, 2014 at 9:15 pm

How can l buy one if am in Ghana??

16. Wendy

August 11, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Fab fab Fab!!!! I love. It’s about time. Always need to shop for basics and classics …. Easy to wear. Yay!!!!

17. AnonyTee

August 12, 2014 at 1:50 am

TNL (Things Nigerians Love) is not “wholly indigenous ” in that they do not manufacture locally, They simply buy,label (with their brand name) and import from China. L.A.X I believe, is locally manufactured- creating employment for Nigerians and contributing to the manufacturing GDP. Kudos and support (in terms of actual purchase) should be given to any clothing firm/company that is able to produce fashion items locally at reasonable quality despite the infrastructural and technical challenges. People should understand that at this stage, that the prices of Nigerian made high street labels might be higher than the usual imports from China and the likes. The Nigerian labels are not able to manufacture on very large scale, they have to import fabrics and still contend with other issues such as lack of skilled workers (trained in industrial production methods), erratic power supply etc.
    Therefore, with your continued support, things in the Nigerian clothing industry will improve though we still have a long, long, way to go. We currently have a fashion design industry with no clothing manufacturing industry per se. We have all the fashion magazines, shows, blogs, photographers, models etc to create the hype but no established or solid means of quality production. I have come to realize that the clothes that most of these our designers make only look good in pictures they publish online or in mags, a close look in real life will reveal how poorly sewn and finished they are. Design ideas aren’t lacking only the skills for proper execution are.
    So once again, if you see any locally made brand with decent quality, and reasonable price point such as this, please support by buying if you can. By the way, Rukky Simone is another Nigerian brand with sensible price point but I do not know if it is locally manufactured.

18. Angelina

August 12, 2014 at 9:29 am

Why cant Nigerian’s do their publicity without claim to First? Are you the Obi Emelonye of the Fashion industry? For the fact that the investment for TNL and its executives are from Nigeria then its a Nigerian brand. And besides, my sister interned with them so I know they do the job from scratch. They sketch, source fabric, do samples etc…. One good thing about them also is that they do trendy fashion from my observation… Im their customer so I know

There are also other fast fashion Nigerian brands, Rukky simone, Ella Matthews, GREY and even Tiffany Amber has her fast fashion line called TAN… So just do what you have to do and enough with the FIRST people… your brand will speak for you. Don’t be an Obi here… first first first!

19. Angelina

August 12, 2014 at 9:30 am

And LAX is a bold step in the right direction. Definately would shop. well done!

20. Jo!

August 12, 2014 at 11:51 am

Sigh, people just be claiming things anyhow.
    Rukky simone for me all the way sha, any day

21. Fre

August 12, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Haba, tees 7000?

22. Made

August 14, 2014 at 3:28 pm

i agree not the first oh, I shop from rukky simone, grey, TNL and even fashpa has its own affordable range, but lax but where do we buy??

23. Sola

August 14, 2014 at 7:25 pm

I love the print combo but N8000 for a skirt is a bit too much for me, I shop with TNL as well as Eve and Tribe from Jumia and they are all okay. Recently discovered the5kshop.com and they also work with Nigerian designers to produce clothes and each piece is under 5OOO naira! that is my definition of high street

24. Sola

August 14, 2014 at 7:28 pm

Plus it will be refreshing to see new commercial model faces, I am tired of these girls, I remember them from eve and tribe pictures. sigh

25. roots

August 16, 2014 at 2:31 pm

the darker model ndidi does absolute justice to the clothes!