Style

TV’s Darlings! Toke Makinwa, Stephanie Coker & Zainab Balogun Pose for ThisDay Style

Looks like August might be the month for cover trios!

Stunning in Nigerian designs, TV Personalities Stephanie Coker, Toke Makinwa and Zainab Balogun look pretty fab on the cover of ThisDay Style‘s latest issue!

In the “TV Darlings” edit, Stephanie rocks a Sally Bawa dress, Toke smizes in a Clan number and Zainab poses in a fun flirty dress – while showing us why the camera loves them.

Zainab Balogun, Stephanie Coker & Toke Makinwa on This Day Style - Bellanaija - August2014001

Judging from the photos, it looks like the ladies has a fun time; and the Photographer thinks so too.

Shot by Kele Akaniro, he said “TV DARLINGS! One loves the job sometimes. Had the best time art directing this shoot! Zainab Balogun took direction like a pro that she is; Tyra Banks’s got nothing on Toke Makinwa’s ‘smizing’ and Stephanie Coker is such a glorious bundle of energy and lit up the room like fireworks.”

Zainab Balogun, Stephanie Coker & Toke Makinwa on This Day Style - Bellanaija - August2014002 Zainab Balogun, Stephanie Coker & Toke Makinwa on This Day Style - Bellanaija - August2014003Zainab Balogun, Stephanie Coker & Toke Makinwa on This Day Style - Bellanaija - August2014005

Photo Credit
Photography: Kele Akaniro (@keleakaniro for Pernisckety Studios)
Styling: Aisha (@ieshaaiesha)
Makeup/Hair: Theodora Mogo of Doranne Beauty (@dorannebeauty)

1. Mz Socially Awkward...

August 11, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Very, very, very, very, very, very, very awkward cover photo. It looks like a shot taken by one of those photographers you see hanging around wedding venues.

Come on, “This Day Style” and other print media houses in Nigeria: you need to do better at your craft. That is not a cover photo.

2. sika

August 11, 2014 at 5:52 pm

erm…*cough cough*

3. Mzlyrics

August 11, 2014 at 6:05 pm

There is something about Zainab that oozes confidence. I love you gurl and keep being you! Toke Makinwa, gurllll, I loveeeee your hustle! God bless you and make all your dreams come true cos you deserve it.

4. Tosin

August 11, 2014 at 6:10 pm

Quite a bit about the Zainab chic that I love, seen her on TV a couple of times, the show with Ebuka and probably somebody else lovely, I forgot. Did they take the Ebony Life channel off standard dstv or something? Who pays for television, and I’ve always wondered why, it usually seems so overpriced to me.

5. Lmao, I was about to rant, but uve said it all. Can’t decide who I ♥ more tho, all 3 are amazing.

6. Zeeeeeeeeeep

August 11, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Yes a terrible photo shot as well as most of the clothings.. Zainab shld get a good stylist.Her sense of fashion is appauling. Toke seems to be the only one who’s dresses looked better, then stephanie and least Zainab.. Did I forget to say, zainab’s hairstyle is ugly

• Tasha

August 11, 2014 at 7:25 pm

I’m guessing you have trouble reading. What part of “Styling: Aisha (@ieshaaiesha)” don’t you get? The word is “appalling* and it’s *whose* not *who’s* Seeing as you have SO much to say about how bad she looks, I’d like to see what your face looks like. Please learn to string a proper sentence together before you criticize someone. Sometimes these prints don’t know how to pick a good image or select a good creative team hence why bad images happen to good people.

7. Saint tracy

August 11, 2014 at 7:10 pm

Na wah o! Make I no talk but this pictures no make am at all. That’s smilling shot sha, looks fake n forced, bt that’s non of my biz abi!

8. Http://xplorenollywood.blogspot.com

August 11, 2014 at 7:12 pm

Hian, while everyone is entitled to their opinions, Biko, let’s be civil. It not about been true to yourself and saying what you mean, it’s about how you say it. if some1 said that same thing to you @zeeeeeeeep, who you like it? Also, the cover picture as with all other pictures of the ladies were scanned and uploaded on BN and running a scan has a way of pixelating the pictures. I saw the cover yesterday and it was a good one from the photgrapher and the ladies. My only worry however is, is TV all about entertainment and the industry now? What can one honestly say they have learnt from watching any of these ladies on TV? Unlike our Abike Dabiri, Kehinde Young-Harry and Bimbo Oloyede of the 90s . *sigh*

• Mbok

August 12, 2014 at 11:55 am

Oh dear I just felt like giving u a hug and a kiss……..Its gradually hitting home Nigerians just want to be entertained amidst all d trouble all d innovation d world is going through.
      Last night my house full with neighbours I love to watch discovery Id but one wanted temondo (forgive my typo) another E! another africa magic….I simply said lets watch channels it news time and for a young girl it sounded odd
      These ladies are beutiful no doubt but sum times I wonder what else is happening without seeing their faces

9. Http://xplorenollywood.blogspot.com

August 11, 2014 at 7:13 pm

*would

• Dora the explorer

August 11, 2014 at 8:56 pm

I know I know!! you left out Funmi Iyanda!!! I learnt a lot from her even though I was so young when she was the IT tv lady.. Anyways people don’t want to learn no more , the world is screaming *PLEASE ENTERTAIN US*

10. RITA

August 11, 2014 at 8:42 pm

poor styling and awkward poses. but i like the content of the magazine…what each lady got going for themselves.

11. kassy dameji

August 11, 2014 at 9:08 pm

lv d lst pix,but.f last one toke looks her age.Jst saying O!

12. NaijaPikin

August 12, 2014 at 12:33 am

Zainab can do no wrong in my eyes…..I love her. She is gorgeous and oozes confidence,

Definitely my woman crush. (shouting no homo. lol)

13. oyaga

August 12, 2014 at 9:22 am

I used to crush on Zainab, but now, my heart beats for this Stephanie Coker chic. She’s so pretty (IMO).. Na me go still marry her last last. Fine geh, better pikin.

14. sum1special

August 12, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Very poor styling, the cover looks empty.