News

SSCE Results for May/June 2014 Reportedly Below WAEC’s Expectations

BellaNaija.com

Students - August 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01
The results for the West Africa Examination Council – WAEC SSCE results for May/June 2014 have been released. And it records massive failure in mostly Mathematics and English Language.

Charles Eguridu, the Head of National Office, WAEC, who announced the results, said “A total of 529,425 candidates, representing 31.28%, obtained credits in five (5) subjects and above, including English Language and Mathematics.”

Eguridu when comparing the 2014 results to that of 2012 and 2013, noted that there was a marginal decline in the performance of candidates as 38.81% was recorded in 2012 and 36.57% in 2013.

Results of 145,795 candidates are withheld because of examination malpractice and the cases are currently being investigated.

Out of 1,692,435 candidates that sat for the examination, 791,227 candidates representing 46.75% obtained 6 credits and above, just as a total of 982, 472 candidates representing 58.05% obtained 5 credits and above.

1. Annie

August 11, 2014 at 4:41 pm

NECO to the rescue…….

• Darklord

August 12, 2014 at 5:08 am

Really?

2. Mz Socially Awkward...

August 11, 2014 at 4:46 pm

This is terrible. It would be useful to know the exact rate of the decline, if the West African Examination Council has similar statistics from 5-10 years ago.

3. bruno

August 11, 2014 at 4:50 pm

Our Education system is very poor, Reuben abati is GEJ the cause. LOL

• Annie

August 11, 2014 at 4:56 pm

LOLs, very funny, it is GEJs fault ooo, even this Ebola virus scare is GEJs fault… smh

• brain boi

August 12, 2014 at 10:43 am

I bet u must be silly 2 make dis kind of uterance..id***

• Rose

August 12, 2014 at 12:34 pm

Last i checked our education system was FAR worse before, but people scored better.
      To me i think the Kids didnt study well enough.

4. Joseph

August 11, 2014 at 4:58 pm

big nonsense!!! dis is complete rubbish, i mean it a big lie waec result is not out u may log on to waec official site for confirmation(waecdirect.org) nd stop pouring out lies in other to get traffic.

• Tinosa

August 12, 2014 at 2:26 am

@joseph. it is out but its not yet effected on their website. maybe later today or at most next week

5. Mimzzzzz

August 11, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Blame it on social media, of course aside our poor educational system.

6. Pls free those kids, maths is hard biko.

7. white'n'ruddy

August 11, 2014 at 9:55 pm

It’s a pity nigerian youth don’t read anymore and the advent of entertainment/social media has also contributed to this mass failure.

8. paulfyn

August 12, 2014 at 3:36 am

If that is the case ‘massive failure’ . Why don’t we wait until we see it with our eyes, What is all this self ”ROMOUR MASSIVELY’

9. ijebu boy

August 12, 2014 at 3:49 am

is it me or is the guy in the white shirt girraffing? lmao! #busted

• Lady Mo!

August 12, 2014 at 11:32 am

hahahahahah… I was just about commenting on that. He most def is giraffing!

10. Dee

August 12, 2014 at 3:53 am

Lmao! In a society where you have Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, BBM, whatsapp, tango etc. It’s crazy because no one is studying 🙂

11. basil

August 12, 2014 at 4:34 am

if is out den wich site to use and check it

12. agu michael

August 12, 2014 at 6:25 am

why must massive failure be recorded,exam body should supervise school in their academic standardization.because this failure is at times from fault of teachers and poor sustainabliity.

13. stainless

August 12, 2014 at 6:35 am

God will c me through

14. Ajoseh alexander

August 12, 2014 at 6:35 am

It is well with everyone

15. vitans

August 12, 2014 at 6:49 am

we should commit everything into God’s hamd. people must write exams and some must fail. just try not to be the failure

16. Ammy

August 12, 2014 at 6:55 am

I dnt know if this is mere rumour or the exact truth but am dead already with scare.GOD help us all.

17. care

August 12, 2014 at 7:14 am

stop blaming mass failure on social media..
    are there no social media in other countries and their students are performing very well

• Rufus godson

August 15, 2014 at 1:05 am

I am a partaker of dis yr waec i made ma eng&maths but fail my remain important course subject.some of d student ar nt to b blame&some ar to b blame.d skulz wer d exam was taking place ar d curse of some exam failure like my JUNACAD

18. enyi nna

August 12, 2014 at 7:17 am

so many sites available for checking results. are they all genuine? waec, please! help

• Sublimity

August 12, 2014 at 8:24 am

waecdirect.org – The official site to check WAEC results. Sure it’s yet to be out!

19. sexy

August 12, 2014 at 8:06 am

Ah can’t b afraid coz dey said maasiv failure… I know what I wrote and ma god is nat a god of failure so y shud I fear

20. CeeJay

August 12, 2014 at 8:21 am

the problems of Nigerian education is the teachers. teachers don’t teach any longer because they know there will be idea of paying them during any external exams. teachers are very weak nowadays. there are no more discipline in school systems. the case is, how much has the government and the educational commissioner of Nigeria worked over this virus/disease???.

21. Joan

August 12, 2014 at 8:33 am

This is serious! Wow what now?

22. Eric

August 12, 2014 at 9:01 am

Ur blaming d teachers..u fink z easy 2 teach???if ah were u ,,ah would try teaching 1 day

23. Nully

August 12, 2014 at 9:32 am

God help your children from the menance of social media

24. Tee

August 12, 2014 at 9:34 am

rotfl, lmao, yeepaa look at big big men still writing WAEC kai, God help Nigeria. This na people papa and mama o

25. Tee

August 12, 2014 at 9:39 am

Infact the guy is even trying ton giraffe. lmao

26. kazma

August 12, 2014 at 10:05 am

I think is high time we students get things rite for ourselves by sitting down to study becos the standard of our secondary schools as really changed especially Lagos state Where I had my secondary schooling.

27. wisest duchess

August 12, 2014 at 10:12 am

When will they ever meet WAEC’s expectation? Let them increase their own input first.

28. idongesit inyang

August 12, 2014 at 10:22 am

I bet u, this poor performance in SSCE does not even reflected fully how weak education has become, eliminate malpractice, and u see the real failure.

29. idongesit inyang

August 12, 2014 at 10:36 am

Phones, internet, professional football and films have taken a better part of our youths (students) that they hardly read books and some parents does not help matters by giving their wards too much freedom.

30. Den

August 12, 2014 at 10:43 am

The problem is not necessarily the students/parents fault only the government should enact committee to assess the MARKING SCHEME of the so called WAEC & the PEOPLE marking the answer sheet. Above all WAEC currently increased the marking scheme and govt should enlighten the students how to supply the exact answer

31. Babatunde

August 12, 2014 at 11:37 am

This Waec mass failure is d fault of d students themselves,bcos they used not to read their books again.footbal, games,facebook,twitter has taken away the reading habit of d students.it’s a big pityyy……..

32. idongesit inyang

August 12, 2014 at 11:41 am

Cee, ur not hitting d cause, learning depends on a large extent on d readiness of d learner.How many of our youths will leave d numerous distractions of today 2 face d highly tedious. boring and time wasting process of reading and preparing 4 exams?

33. ebikederemon ebikus

August 12, 2014 at 12:14 pm

teacher are not serious to teach that is why, it is mass they behaves that way of making/ giving stupid news to all over the country, if not they would get time to say bad, some kind of school there is no teacher now why would, student learn something so is there fault.

34. liian

August 12, 2014 at 12:36 pm

those blaming it GEJ kindly explain if GEJ encouraged candidates not to read for their exams.

• Annie

August 13, 2014 at 10:27 am

SMH, when people say every bad thing happening in Nigeria today is GEJs fault, my dear its just a joke. Sharpen ur sense of humour biko

35. sum1special

August 12, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Our education system has failed.

36. BABALOLA YUSUF ALANI

August 12, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Facebook,twitter,eskimi,2go etc are d cuases.Especially the boys.

37. Chimene

August 12, 2014 at 2:58 pm

we going to make it make it in jesus name amen

38. Perfect

August 12, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Is the waec result audio why we cant see it .i have try to check it but thier is no result for 2014 only 2013

39. pharouq

August 12, 2014 at 4:57 pm

I guess all this JAMB, WAEC, NECO e.t.c are using students as their business center which generate funds for them. but actually their not helping students.

40. blessing

August 12, 2014 at 5:12 pm

eyyah i pity some people especially………..

41. blessing

August 12, 2014 at 5:17 pm

well first of all am laughing out loud cos its either the students blame the social media or the teachers, well i guess someone has to be blamed. I am just crossing ma fingers oooo. sha i still love my naija peeps, una too much [and funny too]

42. Greg

August 12, 2014 at 9:53 pm

[email protected] Inyang.U rili spoke my mind!! Imagine malpractice completed wiped out? Dats wen d tru figures will surface.We need 2 stop finding who 2 blame.Failure is a choice, likewise success.The average Nigerian kid’s mind has tilted away from education 2 wantin Wizkid’s lifestyle.We all share a blame in dis,d failure of a student 2 me is a nation’s failure,nt d student,nor d parent or d governmnt.The entire nation!!!

43. iceprincess

August 13, 2014 at 10:12 am

u guyz shud jst chill nd look 4ward 2 good thing afterall d betterment of this society is in our hands nd also its breakdown lies in our hands as well…….xo lets nt put the blame on ani1 be et d government or d student…..we all av our roles to play

44. nkem

August 13, 2014 at 5:24 pm

shit what a crab,if they like let them record failure, we must make it as far as my Redeemer liveth

45. Only but one day

August 13, 2014 at 5:50 pm

My question is that why is that if you use phone wace website will not display year 2014?

46. Me

August 13, 2014 at 5:58 pm

I check it with sms and it says it’s not available for that candidate that year what exactly are they insinuating guy

47. Willy J

August 14, 2014 at 5:23 am

Just imagine the grammatical howlers being committed by those contributing here! And to think that some of them are the candidates/students we are talking about here. Shame on you all.

48. PAT

August 14, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Hello to you all, My name is Tracy from Lagos am here to thank Mrs Adewale a waec officer who help me last year to upgrade my waec result , it was as a surprise to me because i never believe that it will work for me,when i called Mrs Adewale, he told me not to worry that she will help me upgrade my result so that i can gain admission into the university to God be the glory am in my year one now in university of lagos (UNIlag) so any body boy/girl who wrote waec and did not make it or you have problem with post ume that need help in order to have good score or to upgrade your result, call Mrs Adewale on his number now (08134431388) for help before is too late for you.

49. Blessing

August 14, 2014 at 1:10 pm

AM sol happy today because yesterday when i checked my 2014 waec result, some of my papers like English, Chemistry, Physic was very poor I was thinking on what to do as i saw a comment online talking about how Mr Benson the waec official help him last year so i took Mr Benson number and called and he told me not to worry that he will help me upgrade my result and i will see it today wow, as am writing this comment now all my papers has been upgrade am so so happy for what you have done for me sir God bless you more and more. If you know you have problem with your waec result and you don’t know what to do about it, all you need to do now is to call Mr Benson On 07054764955 he alone can help you Good luck.

50. Lynius

August 15, 2014 at 6:26 am

I can’t still check my result even this minute. All I get is: result not available for this candidate in the specified year. Please what is happening? I’m scared.

51. dijah

August 15, 2014 at 10:10 pm

I also wrote this year’s waec and I made all my papers, infact I had 2 A’s and 6 B’s……I think candidates should stop relying on cheats and read well,cheats will get you no where and I think determination is the key……. I hope God helps each and every one of us IJN

52. Susan

August 16, 2014 at 2:00 pm

My waec result was withheld I was so afraid and confused I didn’t no what to do so I went to the internet to see if someone will help me then I saw a post about Mr Adewale a waec officer how he has helped many people release their waec withheld result then I decided to call him to see if he can help me he told me to send my exam details and i did ,All thanks to Mr Adewale my waec result was released .If you are having the same problem and you need help you can call him on 07013143950

53. Funmy Kemmy

September 16, 2014 at 9:51 am

This is worrisome. Which way Nigeria?