Scoop

The Penultimate Episode of the Season! Watch ‘Shot Fired’ on Ndani TV’s Gidi Up

Episode 11 of Gidi Up comes with bitter sweet feelings. The knowledge that there’s only one more episode after this just makes us sad. On the flip side, there’s the excitement that comes with wanting to know WHAT WILL NOW HAPPEN TO TOKUNBO? WILL THAT CHEATING MEKA BE CAUGHT? HAS OBI NOT ENTERED ‘ONE CHANCE’ LIKE THIS?

The questions just keep coming… but let’s watch shall we?

Episode 11
On this episode of Gidi Up, Obi realizes the depth of the situation he is in; Meka is given an ultimatum when his secret is found out and thing continue to fall apart between Tokunbo and Eki.

1. Noksis

September 22, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Obi, Obi, Obi. How many times did i call you. When elders say there are many ways to kill a rate without spilling blood. Foolishness thats how you almost got killed in the first place.
    Yvonne, i am sorry for you.
    Tokunbo, please grow up. And there many Tokunbos out there ooo
    Eki’s acting wows me day by day. She is improving greatly.

• Adetokunbo

September 22, 2014 at 4:03 pm

I am Tokunbo by name and I rock the name like no other 🙂

• Noksis

September 22, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Awwwwwww. Tokunbo, meant to say with this Tokunbo behaviour. I have met great people by the name Tokunbo.

2. ibi

September 22, 2014 at 4:05 pm

love me some gidi up! hubby wont be happy am one episode ahead….wooohooooo obi obi and tokunbo oya take xoxo

3. kehinde

September 22, 2014 at 4:36 pm

wow things are really happening ooo

4. name

September 22, 2014 at 5:30 pm

soo happy yvnonne has been busted! shes not a good person. funny how my best xter has turned to my worse, i even like folarin more than her

5. [email protected]

September 22, 2014 at 5:58 pm

Yvonne is the biggest fool ever!!!!
    Oh Tukunbo is busted…but thats typical guy behaviour..Eki shouldnt take him back pls.
    I do like Folarin somehow.
    Obi na real yawa for u

6. Chicanita

September 22, 2014 at 6:51 pm

Glad to see Eki pulled herself back together. And Obi and Isio’s character…hmm hmm
    Great acting from Folarin and Ireti Doyle

7. el patron

September 22, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Folarin #classic i like the guy’s character..badt guy! Loved the wamilele character too..the guy is becoming my favorite.

8. SASSYCASSIE

September 22, 2014 at 7:32 pm

‘A village in the east kind of nothing’
    ‘The kind of girl who would sleep for anything for money’

Wow! So many negative stereotypes it’s not even funny. A lot of those ‘villages are more developed than the ones in the South West. I just noticed alot of yoruba peeps live in a bubble and think that Naija starts and ends with Lagos and Abuja. So sad! You all need to get out more.

Oh, and yeah, gold digging is not an eastern trait!! It cuts across all ethnic groups and races!! Now, run tel dat !!!!

• blablablah

September 23, 2014 at 12:01 am

You need to lighten up a little. Is the Folarin character not as desperate as Yvonne is yet he’s yoruba. I’m sure the point is just that she comes from nothing, village in the east, west, south whatever. Don’t be so sensitive. The statement is probably more classist/elitist than it is tribalistic.

• SASSYCASSIE

September 23, 2014 at 1:14 pm

The difference is Folarin’s desperation is not chalked up to his being yoruba. Why can’t Yvonne just be a gold digger because she is? Why does it have to be connected to her ethnicity/region of origin ? And are we really going to act like ‘the East kind of nothing’ means nothing? I mean, common now.
      There were also other problematic statements in the first season that I just don’t even want to go into.

• jinkelele

September 25, 2014 at 8:02 pm

So you just assumed that the Sharon’s character is from the west abi? See you own prejudice.
      Yvonne’s character has already said where her background was …poor and from the East.
      The only one bringing tribe into this is YOU. The presumed stereotype came from your comment. Gosh

9. MiszPha

September 22, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Folarin!!!! why is he so cute and meannnnnnn are the same time?!!!!!!! Eki good girl the est no comment

• Mimi

September 23, 2014 at 3:39 am

The same folarin that tried to rape this girl. You’re not serious.

10. J

September 23, 2014 at 12:37 am

Obi obi…. na wah for ur stupidity… plus plus… that idiot girl wants to get you killed. if you know how to control your dick. you wouldn’t be in this problem.
    Tokunbo… can some1 please tell me the meaning of Tokunbo…? I notice in most movies Tokunbo are always like need help from the Lord for direction…. hahahaha

• Rose

September 23, 2014 at 12:18 pm

haha, I don’t think his dick was the only problem. He wanted the trappings of a fine life- nice car, enough money to spend, status. Now, he’s in hot soup. Just hope he survives the experience.

11. KingsQueen

September 23, 2014 at 2:59 am

Luv me some Ella…. her scenes just had me screaming out BOSS LADY!!!

12. makeupbyebi

September 23, 2014 at 11:06 am

Gidi Up i love the plot ! Now to Obi you are in deep s**t and talking to Journalists wont help your situation, Tokunbo ask your parents for help before you drown in pride and self pity! Folarin ur soul is mean but i admire your desperado ambitions 🙂 ! Yvonne u made a wrong choice hooking up with Meka having all ur baggages undisclosed to him 🙁

13. Ms. Sane

September 23, 2014 at 12:14 pm

I used to have a soft spot for Yvonne after everything she went through – particularly domestic abuse; now I’m cursing under my breadth with all her idiotic decisions.

The intro part of this episode was somehow somehow sha; it wasn’t that believable. I could see this scenario play out very differently in real life – e.g. One would expect shock and even fear from someone (well two people in this case) caught cheating. I was also expecting a degree of contrition on the part of Yvonne even if she later strikes a defensive tone with Folarin given their history, and also on the part of Mekka even if he no longer gives a crap about his relationship with Sharon.

That accusatory tone Yvonne took with Folarin though! Ahn ahn. You just got caught cheating with your biz partner’s fiancé, and you had THE NERVE to say: “You’ve obviously lost it” Oh the irony!!! Talk about kettle calling pot black. I sooooo wanted to slap her at that point.

While we are on the topic of dirty slaps, Folarin’s response left me wanting more. How can someone wozz you like that and you won’t return it sharp sharp while it’s hot? But then again that would have been a bit uncharacteristic of the cool, calm, not-easily-ruffled, bad boy image I’ve become accustomed to. I felt that a cold threatening smile with maybe a few words, the kind that lets Mekka know right away that he just managed to land himself in a hot pot of boiling pepper soup, the type that would cause him to reconsider and maybe start bargaining immediately lol. That, I think, would have been more appropriate.

Sharon’s heartbreak cry did nothing for me. I wanted to feel empathy, but she didn’t give me anything to work with.

Anyways, I shall stop rambling here.

*WaitsPatientlyFortheNextEpisode*

• Mz Socially Awkward...

September 23, 2014 at 2:13 pm

I like your review. I had similar notes in my head when I was watching it last night and Eki’s as well as Yemi’s performances (personally think Yemi’s acting is one of the best in the Gidi Up cast) were the only ones which did it for me. With the fantastic Mrs. Ireti Doyle leading the pack.

Meka comes off as a bit of a spineless rich-boy who might balk when the wind blows all the skeletons right out of Yvonne’s cupboard and I’m not sure if that’s due to how the character is written or just how it’s being played. Apologies to the actor if that sounds a bit harsh as I was actually was liking him at the start of the season.

Where the heck did the arch with Makida Moka’s character (can’t remember her name) and Obi go? Can’t believe that a young infatuated girl who finally lands her crush would relinquish him that easily without tears and “whys?”. Unless this is the actual harsh reality of the Lagos dating scene. And I’m a little disappointed we never saw how things panned out for her friend who was gang raped (still recall that horrible scene with loathing).

• Ms. Sane

September 23, 2014 at 3:41 pm

So true about Meka coming off as a spine-less rich boy. I used to think of him as a soft, maybe a bit unsure of himself but resolute – given how he “supposedly” stood his ground to retain control of that hotel. This time, I question everything about his approach to going after what he wants; something is obviously messing with his head. The brief make out scene with Yv was a bit weird too. I just hope this is what the writer intended for this character and not that the actor is losing his mojo.

• jinkelele

September 25, 2014 at 8:07 pm

My fav character’s in terms of scenes are Toks, Yemi and Eki….then Ella (but her story about her ex husband was a little lame)
      I still didnt really like this episode
      But I have to say the way Obi turned into a 5 year old when he tried to break up with Ella was too cool. See what fear can do Jellyfish things

14. spoonfullofsugar

September 23, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Yvonne is a wicked person full stop. You do not treat friends like that.

15. name

September 30, 2014 at 1:11 am

@jinkelele I think she told the story just to drive in the point that disloyalty is her worse pet peeve and obi had just got in that zone which he wont like very much lool