Relationships

“It Takes a Strong Man to Handle a Broken Woman” – Mofe Duncan

Mofe Duncan

Mofe Duncan, MC, Actor, has advice for men getting into relationships with emotionally scarred women.

“A lot of women have been scattered emotionally by past relationships, so don’t blame her when she throws a curve ball at u in this relationship. Try to understand when she acts out on little things. Having a go at her wouldn’t solve the problem, patience would. Find out where and why she’s broken, and with love and understanding, try to mend her. It’s not a day’s job, or even a year’s, but it can be done, with the right words and the right gestures. Good luck… strong men. #LiveLoveLaugh”

Sweet message Mofe … we’re asking for a friend … know any strong single guys out there? 🙂

1. Ada Nnewi

October 17, 2014 at 9:37 am

I’m blessed to know one ridiculously strong man with an unbelievable will of iron…His love is melting my icy heart…

• Mz Socially Awkward...

October 17, 2014 at 9:45 am

Awww, it’s always lovely to hear that a sister’s found a good man. 🙂 I used to know a little boy that I wrongly assumed was a strong man… ah well.

@BN, please when you get feedback “for your friend”, feel free to share as I also “know a friend” who’s interested in those deets… *ahem*

• Black Coffee

October 17, 2014 at 10:10 am

Ada, all the best in your relationship. What a blessing.

Good men are by their woman’s side through infertility, illness, financial set-backs and more so if he doesn’t have the love and patience to help you heal then he’s a waste of time.

2. Colour Purple

October 17, 2014 at 9:46 am

Why do I feel like I know you? Lol…… I’m very happy for you though.

• Ada Nnewi

October 17, 2014 at 1:51 pm

lol…my darling stalker, you should be sleeping…Keep praying for me.

3. LOVE WOMEN

October 17, 2014 at 10:16 am

You mean to say that after flavour has dealt with the ana banana we the strong men have to be the ones to suffer the consequences ba? God forbid bad thing.
    My strength would not be spent on the childish foolishness of another!
    heheheeheheee

• IsThatWhyWeAreHere?

October 17, 2014 at 10:45 am

Lmao!!!

• Mimi

October 17, 2014 at 11:43 am

Lwkmd

• Arin

October 20, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Lmaoooo…. One of the reasons why I love Bellanija

4. abiel

October 17, 2014 at 10:43 am

It’s nice to see there are still good, mature men out there who are sensitive enough to understand some of the emotional hurts that women go through from previous, abusive relationships (I would know). Wise words Mofe.

5. nene

October 17, 2014 at 10:44 am

i stay away from people with “issues”. we all have our issues and i’m not ready to add more problems to my own head, so i stay away from such people. i guess i’m not strong, i’m not ready to suffer for somebody else who can’t work out his issues.

• Ogo

October 17, 2014 at 11:08 am

So you avoid all humans then?

• Bleed Blue

October 17, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Misanthrope of life.

6. Ivy

October 17, 2014 at 11:29 am

Wth!!! *ROTFL* @ anna banana, that is unfair naww.

7. Ivy

October 17, 2014 at 11:37 am

Meanwhile, dear BN kindly let me know when the strong friend is available. I am very interested and i’m assuming the guy is intelligent as well….

• Ikido

October 17, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Your wish has been granted, i am here.

8. Meena

October 17, 2014 at 11:37 am

and it also takes a strong woman to handle a broken man? abi its only women that can be broken?

9. Personal Assistant

October 17, 2014 at 11:46 am

Strong single guy no dey my current edition dictionary. It last appeared in the 2011 edition when women were girls.
    Ada Nnewi, I wish you the best in your relationship.

10. A eee

October 17, 2014 at 11:47 am

Awwwwww *clutches heart* I need a Mofe Duncan in my life lol. But as we declare ourselves broken lets also remember that Men can be broken too. I think my Man is more broken than I am so while we receive that patience and understanding let’s try to give back and appreciate. Every human can be broken, and I’m not even talking about heartbreak and relationship baggages here o!

11. Yemi

October 17, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Just got bashed emotionally; dumped by my bf of 8 months ‘for my own good’. Right now, I have this inherent dislike of men though I know that because I am still hurting. The thought of dating anyone makes me want to puke; I don’t envy the next person I will be dating.

12. FJB

October 17, 2014 at 12:51 pm

I don’t av a broken brone

13. Annie!!

October 17, 2014 at 1:17 pm

i’m not one to comment much, but i just had to cos this answered a nagging hurt i’ve felt in two weeks. I’ve not really had it good with relationships, even tho I”ve had just a few, just abt 3 or less. I’ve had a guy who used to beat me, had a “near-rape” experience (if there’s anything like that), trust me I’ve been broken. Recently i met a guy i liked after waiting a few yrs and decided to give it a shot cos i tot he was a “strong” man and would help me overcome my fears. He got upset with me a few times, started raising his voice and mennn, i got scared and took off. I felt bad afterwards and called him up, but he kept yelling even after i apologised. I felt like i failed, i tried to explain where i was coming from but he wasn’t willing to listen. Now i know y

• ethel

October 17, 2014 at 3:20 pm

annie i understand how u feel,the insecurities of the past can hurt a lifetime,i have been tru that.but just so u knw not all men will understand,i fink africa men are not that psychological..the way u describe this guy seem to me that he mite be violent.i dnt knw.but what i can say to u is how i deal with my own issue.i have been hurt so badly before,am more of an emotional person,when i get attach i dnt let go easily.but me i dnt pay attention to such post on this page even though it melt my hrt cus i knw u can’t always find men like that.i dnt dwell on my past,am a believer of love.can’t date without it.but wheneva am in a relationship i try not to be scared and weak,i give my all,do my best,put myself out there with the tot that this my go either way,i may like u but my trust i will let u earn.am stronger now,before when i fall in love it will take the whole world for me to let go until it hit me in the face,i ignore my instinct.but not anymore,so if am in a relationship,i try not to treat the guy in any funny way base on my past issues,i shut dat out.though it’s not easy,but as u try u will find the strength to do so.but if he try to play me or doesn’t return my feelins,i just walk away without lookin back..oh yes i can do that now,i dnt settle of bullshit no more and i dnt ignore my instinct no more.no man can heal ur past relationship or ur insecure issues if u do not find the strenght within u to do that.ur insecurities mite be a turnoff for him,dnt let that weakness show.u are stronger,wiser now to deal with heartache,and mayb u shod go for men who are tolerative and slow to anger,that way even if he doesn’t understand why u are the way u are his nature mite help u both deal with ur fears without him kwnin it.above all make sure he has feelins for u too.dnt force it,always be ready with the strength to let go if it doesn’t go ur way untill u are married.dnt ever feel like u have failed in a man. hope u find ur strength soon.goodluck

• October

October 21, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Nice Piece. Thanks. equally a victim of numerous broken relationships. i pray to God to give me the grace to trust/love again

14. The real mofe

October 17, 2014 at 1:46 pm

When i saw this, i smiled…those of us that went to Unilag would knw that mofe is part of the cause the women are broken…so some of us nurse your broken ones.
    Kudos to you tho…I am sure u ripped this line off the internet…#Mofe#BreakingHeartsSinceIndependence

• Femme de l'Avenir

October 17, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Or he grew up and mended his ways. It is possible, u know?

• Mofe Duncan

October 19, 2014 at 6:38 pm

It’s funny you seem to know me soooo well, yet you failed on 2 counts…
      1. Wether or not I broke hearts whilst in University is highly irrelevant, it doesn’t contradict the fact that it takes a strong man to handle a broken women. As a fact of fact, he was has broken hearts, is in the best position to understand and handle a broken woman so… take that to the bank.
      2. Secondly, plagiarism? Really? It’s easy to confirm such things these days my dear… All u have to do is copy a few lines and paste in google search, and vuala! The truth would set you free.
      Wanna know my source? Exeperience. 1 Mother, 5 sisters, a dozen and some aunts, and a history of failed relationships.
      So… either you take my advise, or you leave it cowboy, cause as supposed to doing either of the options in my last sentence, you’re failing at trying to cross-examine me. Do enjoy the rest of your evening. – Mofe J. Duncan.

15. Addy

October 17, 2014 at 2:18 pm

AWWWWWW SWEET MSG… LOVE THIS

16. honest one

October 17, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Sighs…. not every poster believes in his/her post…. #wakeup

17. Anonymous

October 19, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Only God mends broken hearts,wipes away every tear and soothes every aching heart,if we all let Him & trust Him to. No man,woman,boy or girl can give the love He does and understands where it hurts the most, Human beings are limited in these things. It takes an extraordinary person who has the fear,love of God in his/her heart full of compassion,to,walk through it with us. Like I always say and believe,let every hurt,disappointment make you a better and not bitter person,always choose to be the best of you,never give up and the right person will surely come along and appreciate all those qualities someone else took for granted.

18. Ade

October 20, 2014 at 12:44 pm

There are good men out there. I feel bad when i hear woman go through pains from the men they chose to be with. Cheers! – A Strong Good Man.

19. Peculiar Okafor

October 20, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Okay Mofe, nice article.

If you meet a woman who’s broken, love her but don’t get sucked in. Let her go through it.

Now, I’m not saying you shouldn’t date broken people and love them, but there’s a cycle to these things. If you meet a broken lady at the point where she’s almost ready again, then it could work.

But really Mofe, from personal experience as an ex-broken lady, you gats let that girl go through the process of it while you love and accept from afar.

The burden of freedom is responsibility and in the case of brokeness, freedom comes when a person says never again will I give any bad ex that much power to stop me from happiness and begins to work on it, then she’s at the point in the cycle when she might consider dating again.

But if she’s in that ‘I hate all men I ain’t never goan love again, all men are worthless’ then boy love her from afar, i.e close enough for her to be refreshed by it but far enough such that you don’t get sucked up in her gloomy existence’.

And to the girls who are broken, remember that God alone can heal you fully and you gats be strong enough to admit you’re hurting and be willing to move on.

PS: Is it just me, but whenever I’m commenting with my real name, I feel the need to spell check and review my sentence constructions?

20. October

October 21, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Nice Piece. I am equally a victim of numerous heart aches, i always pray to God to give me the grace to Love/Trust again.

21. Fre

October 24, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Love
    Too many broken females out there