Music

Nigerian Entertainers and the Urge to Splurge! Sammie Okposo, Kcee, Chika Ike & More Show off New Buys

Nigerian Entertainers Expensive Items (3)Nigerian entertainers have repeatedly shown that they love the good life – and they love to splurge on expensive gifts – which shouldn’t be a problem when you have the money for it.

A while ago BN brought you a list of some of the lavish indulgences with Nigerian celebs (click here if you missed it) and as the year draws to an end it seems to be a trend yet again.

In the past few days, celebs like Chika Ike, Ini Edo, Elvis Chuks, Davido, Tonto Dikeh, Sammie Okposo and more have shown off their new purchases and we can’t help but wonder if showing expensive items on social media is something that only Nigerian entertainers do, or is it a global trend?

Check out some of the more expensive items!

Gospel singer Sammie Okposo shared a picture of his newly acquired 2011 BMW X6

Nigerian Entertainers Expensive Items (5)

Tonto Dikeh was the lucky recipient of a Chanel bag that costs approximately N700,000

Nigerian Entertainers Expensive Items (6)

‘Limpopo’ crooner Kcee showed off his brand new Rolex on Instagram

Nigerian Entertainers Expensive Items (3)

Ini Edo has reportedly purchased a N70 million house

Nigerian Entertainers Expensive Items (1)

Nollywood producer Elvis Chucks also showed off a new addition to his garage

Nigerian Entertainers Expensive Items (2) Nigerian Entertainers Expensive Items (1)

Chika Ike has gone, in the past few days, from renting a $24,000 yacht (click here if you missed it) to going on a shopping spree in Turkey.

Nigerian Entertainers Expensive Items (2)

Toke Makinwa showed off an early birthday present

Nigerian Entertainers Expensive Items (7)

Harrysongz showed off stacks of money as well (click here if you missed it)

Nigerian Entertainers Expensive Items (4)

BNers – what do you think? Do Nigerian entertainers have an urge to splurge?

Photo Credit: Instagram
Additional Photo Credit: E247mag

1. mouth mouth

October 29, 2014 at 5:38 pm

VILLAGE CHAMPIONS , LOOK AT THEM .

• girl

October 29, 2014 at 7:40 pm

I read that “look at them” in my dad’s voice and it made it extra funny, exactly what he would say…

2. na wa

October 29, 2014 at 5:44 pm

this show-off thing is straight-up disgusting.please fear God!

3. Dora the explorer

October 29, 2014 at 5:47 pm

O my! I can’t wait to see the comments that would roll in!!! especially on the bag!!!*covers face* hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

4. Yemi

October 29, 2014 at 5:54 pm

It’s global and that’s y it’s called showbiz. Show. American celebs don’t fail to show us wat they got

5. bruno

October 29, 2014 at 6:02 pm

very classy, rubbing the money in the faces of poor nigerians. I cant even deal.

by the way toke, buying an iphone is not a big deal. raz thing

6. AA

October 29, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Its their money, I feel its ok to spoil oneself once in a while but I have my resevations about the whole public display ..Sometimes, I wonder if people are not scared of armed robbers, or kidnappers!..

7. Marie Antoinette

October 29, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Class still can’t be bought.

8. AA

October 29, 2014 at 6:10 pm

Its their money, I feel its ok to spoil oneself once in a while but I have my reservations about the whole public display ..Sometimes, I wonder if people are not scared of armed robbers, or kidnappers!

9. Mizzy

October 29, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Ok na

10. Marie Antoinette

October 29, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Erm…this is for Tonto…aunty pls don’t make the mistake of passing thru any Swiss Airport or go near any Chanel store with that purse. Don’t say you weren’t warned.

• bruno

October 29, 2014 at 6:34 pm

HDS high defination shade. look at how you just finished her career. damn lol

• Fashionista

October 29, 2014 at 9:13 pm

You little meanie, looool!

11. sola

October 29, 2014 at 6:24 pm

No comment!….. pay your tithe shaa.

12. Jeremy,s mum

October 29, 2014 at 6:27 pm

Chika Ike- ngn24million yatch?. Please correct yourself

13. Adelaide

October 29, 2014 at 6:34 pm

It’s not called showbiz for nothing, money made easily is spent easily.

14. benny

October 29, 2014 at 6:36 pm

Kcee and his fellow watch show off mates, go and search @d330h on IG and hide that ya backyard rolex.

15. Obz

October 29, 2014 at 6:46 pm

If Michael Jackson can die broke, people should calm down o. They should go and lil Kim and Lauren hill how far…

16. Leah

October 29, 2014 at 6:49 pm

Chika Ike’s father just died in a relatively poor condition au contraire to the lifestyle she tries to sell. Also every picture of these “fun” she’s having, she is always alone, does she have no family or friends? I honestly think she at the very least has a mild case of mental retardation because she has those “dead eyes” and blank stare and comes across as waiting money to stage pictures for social media as opposed to actually having fun. Btw, that Chanel bag is FAKE like china town $40 fake.

• Leah

October 29, 2014 at 6:53 pm

*wasting*

• CocoI

October 29, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Ok @Leah if you keep on like this, I’m going to get down on one knee and just ask. I have always said that this Chika Ike woman reminds me of Amanda Bynes, walking around and spending sheepishly. There doesn’t seem to be an aim or purpose to anything she does besides showing off. The house on the other hand is a good investment if indeed Ini Edo gets that kind of money from her runz and is smart enough to spend it wisely. Toke needs to have that proper wedding first before she starts showing off.

17. Hexy

October 29, 2014 at 6:59 pm

Toke showing off old iPhone 5 SMH!

• ekalor

October 29, 2014 at 8:30 pm

P[ease look closely….

• Fashionista

October 29, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Hexy, but that’s the new iPhone 6 now.

• El Grande RAJ

October 30, 2014 at 2:38 am

So what? She should go look bush joh. Ppl bought 2 Blackberry Passports and no noise.

18. Just me

October 29, 2014 at 6:59 pm

I didn’t know these folks have so much money. Good for them.

To each their own and the one wey dey pain them o jare.

19. girl

October 29, 2014 at 7:07 pm

chanel bag that comes with “lylon” on the chain no duster bag..I weep (abeg I no get @least not now but I’ve seen several of my mum’s and i act like its a festival when she is opening it so ill just be looking like ehnn hen so i know what I’m saying)…totolontoto at the very least you should know better than this….
    anyways let me go and continue facing my zara bags… what do i know

20. Personal Assistant

October 29, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Bia BN time haff reach for you guys to include children’s section in ur banner. All these purchase show offs should go there. What is the difference between kids telling each other my daddy’s car is bigger than your daddy’s own and all this ‘ochie ochie umuruma’ (old child) show offs? It is disgusting and to think he is someone’s father. It’s well

21. ESI

October 29, 2014 at 7:24 pm

why are these nigerian stars so overwhelmed with materials things?
    Did they grow up in poor families ? is that why it’s such a big deal? I’m a regular person, with one C550 Benz & a Jeep. My husband drives a classy BMW but who cares! Other families in my Toronto neighborhood drive the same cars that I drive!!

• hooha

October 29, 2014 at 7:58 pm

ok sis

• Shandi

October 29, 2014 at 11:39 pm

Toronto? I live in Toronto and you rarely see very high end expensive cars, unless of course you live in Bayview which is mainly for retired European billionaires. I mean, some people drive good cars, but not exactly sophisticated. It’s not very common to see them, I’m sorry. When you’re talking about money (there’s money and there’s money), leave Toronto out.
      Buy yeah, you’re right about the public display, they need to relax.

• ESI

October 30, 2014 at 4:20 am

Yes Shandi
      I do live in T.O. maybe u don’t see these cars in ur neighborhood but luxury cars are not hard to find in my area. Ppl there work hard and can afford it.

• Shandi

October 30, 2014 at 12:39 pm

And in Toronto, people who work hard, don’t spend it on expensive cars, let’s be realistic. The people who have very expensive cars are billionaires or those Arabians. I see expensive cars but it’s not regularly and it’s certainly not common. And that’s just the truth.

• Honeycrown

October 30, 2014 at 4:14 am

Same way you’re overwhelmed with your jeep, Benz and BMW. You sounded so humble in your introduction and had to kill it by bragging.

• ESI

October 30, 2014 at 10:49 am

Honeycrown
      I think u missed my point. Pls don’t get me wrong.
      Am just saying that there r regular folks in this world who also have these same luxury things. So it’s nothing special , if u have it you’re not alone!

• Shandi

October 30, 2014 at 12:34 pm

I didn’t say they’re hard to find, I said they’re not common like you’d see in LA, Dubia, London, and NY. Or even in Lagos, (according to my Nigerian friends and husband who’s Nigerian). It’s not hard, but it’s definitely not common.

• ESI

October 30, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Shandi
      we should just agree to disagree! these nice cars we’re arguing abt. are not the most expensive
      in the world. Hence not limited to only Billionaires & Arabians! Have a calm day.

• Shandi

October 30, 2014 at 5:59 pm

I didn’t say they were only limited to Europeans and Arabians, I said they’re not very common in Toronto and anyone who’s going to be sincere will agree, that’s just the fact.
      Enjoy the rest of the day!

22. busybee

October 29, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Chanel will not wrap their bag with nylon/plastic wrap. Tonto, you need more people.

@BN, please don’t put the purchase of a house in the same category as a rolex or stacks of money. Ini did good.

23. The girl who likes jollof rice

October 29, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Chineke!
    I own several chanel bags bought with my hard earned money; and let me tell you; that chanel bag is the fakest shit i ever saw!
    Monsieur Gesu!
    What? No duster bag.
    I can post pictures of my unboxing my jumbo classic flap bag in lambskin with gold hardware!
    Please fear God!

• girl

October 29, 2014 at 8:03 pm

*cough cough* what suzzie says of sally …. i honestly get your point but you didn’t need to add all the jumbo aturu tales ….

• busybee

October 29, 2014 at 8:35 pm

You mean dust bag. Please post pics 🙂

24. seke

October 29, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Vanity upon vanity…All is vanity….There is a difference between wealth and riches….The rich people of this world don’t make noise, empty barrels…Check them out in twenty years, back to their villages to farm…

25. Bush people

October 29, 2014 at 8:14 pm

It’s for the bush people that didnt grow up with the aje butter life. They suffer from poor mans syndrome.. you dont see lynxx, cuppy etc showing off in this way. Davido does but hes a young idiot

26. Amara

October 29, 2014 at 8:18 pm

Okay…can some people just breath when Chika Ike’s name comes up??? For the love of God,the hate is too much,she’s a human being.I know someone will say it’s not hating but the truth but if we can tell ourselves the truth,we’ll agree that it’s pure hatred…the idea of calling her and Ini Edo names especially “whore” is very disgusting. If you want to criticize, do it constructively.For the others,even if the bag and wrist watch is original, people will rather choke to death than accept it.I believe there are better ways to show off things If you really want to do it and too much of everything is equally not good.I’ll never forget what Gabrielle Union said about Internet bullying “You post hateful things about people and you claim to love God and be a Christian…. IMPOSSIBLE.

27. anon101

October 29, 2014 at 8:42 pm

I think its more of a Nigerian or even African thing – even the African americans do a lot of show offs …How many times do you see Beyonce, or the like (that is people of the same pedigree as her)show off their goodies?…not that they dont have it..infact the media has to dig deep to find out what they have or the paparrazi zooms in on it before you see it!…Personally, me thinks its very ratchet….If you can afford something, good for you no hating here, abi one day you will wear it and then the media or the public can see…I dont believe in splashing things all over social media and the purpose is? I dislike it…but then again, you have people that will say if you have it show it off, fair enough but have you ever thought that there are genuine haters out there who can literally curse you out for all they see and then further down d line, you wonder why your life isnt the way it used to be—maybe cause I am an extremely private person too…Show offs do not rock my world, neither do those who do it…I would rather have it, not show it off and leave the public to keep guessing if I can afford it all!

28. omoibo

October 29, 2014 at 8:46 pm

Nouveau riche……..

29. Fashionista

October 29, 2014 at 9:19 pm

As for all the showing off, are these celebs not scared? Stacks of money, expensive watches, there are all sorts of people on IG. If they plan for you now and come to your house to steal these items and they kill you or maim you in the process Nko? Hian!

30. Milly

October 29, 2014 at 10:06 pm

And they are all still razz! I guess they are not really happy, dead brained Nigerian prostitutes and thugs! A country where immorality is celebrated! Who cares?

31. baboushka

October 29, 2014 at 11:16 pm

They say when a starving man gets food his buttocks are in trouble and so is the case with our new money Naija celebs. I have been reading BN from when it was on blogspot and to this day I no sabi which kain motor Uche dey drive or where she last went to on vacation or even if she actually drives or goes on vacation at all.

• wen

October 30, 2014 at 6:45 am

Linda can u hear!

32. saviour

October 29, 2014 at 11:32 pm

Sakare kcee

33. Concerned_Boyfriend

October 29, 2014 at 11:48 pm

awon omo oju o’rola ri!… smh!

34. vivian

October 30, 2014 at 6:57 am

Ewoooooo; and am just praying to God for $9000 for my ccie certification in india, while someone is using an ordinary handbag worth 700k? Its well! I will get there!

35. Laura

October 30, 2014 at 9:19 am

This is so tacky! I’d be very surprised to see Dakore Akande do such, she’s got class.

36. Winston Balagare

October 30, 2014 at 12:53 pm

I don’t think it’s an urge to splurge. I think it’s their way of avoiding taxes. They get it in cash and spend, and then never report it or pay taxes on it. They think they’re smart, but it’s a dumb move.

The showing off of cash on the internet is a dumb move, too. The next story we’ll read is that Harrysongz was shot and killed by armed robbers looking for all that cash.

• cupcake

October 30, 2014 at 3:11 pm

omo that is the 1st thing i thought when i saw the pic and by the way toke m. even my 8 year old niece has an iphone5s talkless of someone ur age getting it as a birthday present . you should have at least bought a better bleaching cream

37. truth teller

October 30, 2014 at 3:01 pm

omo see gobe harrysong u dey craze,tonto dike no offense but that bag was an epic fail 750000 for that rubbish, as if , later when the celebs go for interview dem go come dey form grateful to god

38. cupcake

October 30, 2014 at 3:05 pm

ok dont worry kcee i now understand that u are seeing a watch for the first time

39. fyre