The National Universities Commission (NUC) has reportedly shut down nine Nigerian universities for operating with fake licenses.
Reports allege that the universities have been in existence for many years and have been extorting money from students who were awarded fake certificates.
The universities said to have been shut down are:
- National University of Nigeria, Keffi (Nasarawa State)
- North Central University, Otukpo (Benue State)
- Christ Alive Christian Seminary and University, (Enugu state)
- Richmond Open University, Arochukwu (Abia State)
- Saint Clements University, Iyin Ekiti (Ekiti State)
- West Coast University, Umuahia (Abia State)
- Volta University College, Aba, (Abia State)
- The satellite campuses of Ambrose Ali University