Relationships

The Begging Didn’t Work…Paula Patton files for Divorce from Robin Thicke

Paula Patton & Robin Thicke - June 2014 - BN Relationships - June 2014 - BellaNaija.com 02
Their love story was so sweet! Teenage sweethearts who eventually found fame, got married and built a family together. All that is basically over as Paula Patton has officially filed for divorce from Robin Thicke.

The official divorce documents were filed on the 3rd of October 2014 with the always vague “irreconcilable differences” listed as the grounds for divorce though rumours have swirled about Robin’s alleged infidelity at the height of his “Blurred Lines” fame. His last album was dedicated to Paula and an attempt to win her back…guess it did not work.

Paula and Robin tied the knot in 2005. They have a son named Julian Fuego.

Photo Credit: Getty Images

1. bruno

October 9, 2014 at 9:36 am

Some men can not just keep their penis in their trousers.

2. TANTRA

October 9, 2014 at 9:39 am

Married -wahala. Not married -wahala.

3. justina

October 9, 2014 at 10:01 am

He allowed his fame got the better part of him and started cheating and all that. She was defending him initially but later couldn’t take it no more. Wish her d best and I hope she finds love again.

4. ejogene

October 9, 2014 at 10:15 am

When a woman is fed up !!!!!!!!!

• iyke

October 9, 2014 at 3:15 pm

You right, when the fire in her eyes no longer fuels my burn, I need no one to tell me that it’s all over. When she loves, it’s for real but once she’s hurt and voices it out, that’s it. Even if she stays,forgives or decides to give you another chance, trust me, it will never be the same. And this scares the shit outa me because am one hell of a naughty Boy.
      God please save me. She better take me before I take myself!

• Chiangel

October 9, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Best Comment. Lol!

• memebaby

October 11, 2014 at 7:36 pm

mehnnn uncle iyke! what else can one say because youve said it all!.. even when she stays..it’s never the same!. worse case shes waiting for you to just eff up and dip..or some silly reason.. been there and that’s exactly how it felt.

when you are tired of the baby boy lifestyle..try to be the best man for your lady! don’t wait till it’s too late

5. marlee

October 9, 2014 at 11:03 am

man o man. you just dont know what they want. my divorce is being finalized after my husband ask for it. he got a child out of marriage and he want to force me to live with it. i say not on my life time. now that he got his freedom he asked for, he now follow me every where. i go to a restaurnt he turn up, he is listening on my cell phone conversation , i got my sms, ask me how he got it i dont know. i am now doing so well. i driving the latest Grand Chirokee and a Avant grade Merc, and he is in a Polo. oh sweet revenge, God has been good to me. i will soon move in my new house with a pool to boot. now he cant take it. he say i got no heart, that i must not get a man and blabla. he say he can cheat because he is a man, i go to a restaurant with a mn then i am called a pure bitch.. Please tell me if i am wrong.

• jummai

October 9, 2014 at 11:35 am

You ar on ur own

• humm

October 9, 2014 at 5:22 pm

@jummai, this is how you give back to a fellow female??Total waste of space

• Chichi

October 9, 2014 at 12:29 pm

I’m not sure i understand what you’re saying.

• humm

October 9, 2014 at 5:18 pm

What part of the English language dont u understand.??? I understand that it is ur second language , but c’mon the sentences are self explanatory. However, if your comment is SHADE, then shame on you bcos, she asked for feedback not SIDEWAYS SHADE .

• Ada Nnewi

October 9, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Your ex husband is a loser….he thought you’d curl up and die without him but you didn’t and he can’t take it….

• lala

October 9, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Oh hell no., you are not wrong. He is such a selfish douchbag and he deserves what he is now geting . DONT TAKE HIM BACK , AND GET U A NICE MAN.!!!PERIOD, POINTBLANK.!!!!!!!

• xadex

October 9, 2014 at 11:28 pm

This sounds fabricated, but funny haha. Nice try

6. heeba

October 9, 2014 at 12:29 pm

When a woman’s fed up…there ain’t nothing you can do bout it….(in R kelly voice)

7. beauty

October 9, 2014 at 12:46 pm

a woman is in love, she does everything possible to keep that love. a man knows shes in love with him and decides to take her for granted. the woman still gives the benefit of doubt and still tries to keep that love. but when she realizes that its not worth it and she’s fed up,its is indeed OVER. guys,don’t take a good girl for granted.

8. Kris

October 9, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Don’t take a good girl for granted…@beauty…on point!

9. aba

October 9, 2014 at 3:33 pm

I think she just dont want to be married to him again…she was just looking for an opportunity for her to get out….she is looking for her own kind (Black)…

• hummm

October 9, 2014 at 5:09 pm

What? ???????

• Ivy

October 9, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Really? How racism take enter this matter?

10. @edDREAMZ

October 9, 2014 at 3:41 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    This man just doesnt deserve a woman like paula and thats it….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

11. lala

October 9, 2014 at 5:08 pm

The humilation was just unbearable. I dont blame her.Its time to keep it moving.

12. Concerned_Boyfriend

October 9, 2014 at 7:29 pm

May God save us from unforgiving hearts. If he genuinely asked for forgiveness from you and God and departed from his old ways, I don’t see a reason why she would not reconcile with him. I personally thought Robin’s pleas were genuine but I’m not privy to all the details.

13. Beauty

October 10, 2014 at 2:05 am

When a woman is fed up its too late to say “I’m sorry”….She’ll love you but leave you.