Style

GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week – Day 4: Ituen Basi presents ‘Ituen’ Diffusion Line

Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija019Ituen Basi was scheduled to show a day earlier at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Africa but she had to cancel for some reason so we were really looking forward to seeing her at the GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week.

Ituen Basi used the fashion show to introduce her new diffusion line ‘Ituen’ and we were simply blown away by her creativity.

The Sping/Summer 2015 collection that she showcased basically had three themes – a school theme with all the models wearing glasses and a number of her pieces done with a ruler print, a flower theme with almost all the pieces having flowers on the bright pieces, and a Lagos theme with some of her pieces having the signature yellow Lagos bus, taxis and ‘kekenap’.

An amazing collection!

Check out the full collection below!

Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija002 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija025 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija003 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija004 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija005 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija006 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija007 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija008 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija009 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija010 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija011 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija026 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija012 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija013 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija014 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija015 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija027 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija016 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija017 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija018 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija020 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija021 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija022 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija023 Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija024 S Ituen-Basi-Day4-GTBank-LFDW-October2014-BellaNaija001

Photo Credit: Kola Oshalusi (Insigna Media)

1. Lady B

November 2, 2014 at 3:01 pm

I love a lot

2. lala

November 2, 2014 at 3:34 pm

All these designers need to work on their make up and hair style . They can make a big difference in their presentation. I like some of their clothing though and . recognize that their work will improve with time . Having said that, congrats to all of them.

3. Me Myself and I

November 2, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Truly loving this collection, creativity with the fabrics, can see myself in a number of them.

4. gurl_wendy

November 2, 2014 at 7:25 pm

I think her clothes are so beautiful, wearable and fluid, she’s my favorite out of all the designers, love the clean polished effect the glasses gave the dresses, so wowed. Thumbs up!!

5. sparkle

November 2, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Wow nice collections, me likey

6. jahnet

November 2, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Love Love the collection. OMG!! Amazing job teamIBL simply gorgeous.

7. Charis

November 2, 2014 at 11:02 pm

I lurrrrv it

8. Mz Danielle

November 2, 2014 at 11:34 pm

Lovely! D fabrics r unique n beautiful

9. Plush

November 3, 2014 at 7:30 am

Nice pieces! and it seems the brief to the models was ‘Smile, relax and have fun on the runway’ (Though not all of them followed the brief sha!)
    I’m not sure I can be most objective when it comes to Ituen Basi though 🙂
    I just love her quirky, creative style.

But some of this her pieces, NURTW will be shouting “Up Union!!!” at person wey wear them o!

10. cos I say so

November 3, 2014 at 9:00 am

This is the most creative I’ve seen of all the runway fashion,being a fashion designer isn’t easy because you have to constantly be thinking outside the box and therein lies the importance of talent
    Ituen Bassey’s collection is classy,wearable and timeless

11. Nne

November 3, 2014 at 9:04 am

Love her work!!…. Fantastic Job..

12. lindo

November 3, 2014 at 9:25 am

She got me smiling at the show..one of my favorites for the lfdw, she made the runway lively with her creative pieces, the models being relaxed and fun with the ‘who run the world’ song by Beyonce. Everything was well put together.

13. Kachi

November 3, 2014 at 9:53 am

Best collection so far!

14. Uche

November 3, 2014 at 11:28 am

Lovely…………………..lovely prints…. amazing pieces.

15. Mi'De

November 3, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Beautiful collection. Love all the pieces, the prints are cute too, creative. Love her.

16. mamaisabel

November 3, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Ituen Basi is one designer that I love viewing her pieces. That said, I expect that if you call yourself a designer you shouldn’t follow but create trends. Cropped tops, billowy skirts etc have been overflogged. We need to see fresh and really creative stuff. I believe I have spoken a lot of people”s minds or am I alone in this????

17. Regina de los Tejidos

November 4, 2014 at 3:26 pm

this collection is by far the best i have seen in this season. the ruler effect and the general playful nature of each piece. Simply divine. Just had a flash though of the days when loli pop had more colours than the rainbow…lol

18. www.eclecticstyle.me

November 5, 2014 at 8:54 pm

One of the collections that totally wowed me. I want literally everything from ituen basi