Music

Would You Marry Your Ex-Wife’s Niece? KWAM 1 Did | Says “it’s no big deal”

kwam 1

Would you marry your ex-wife’s niece or ex-husband’s nephew?

Popular Fuji artiste, King Wasiu Ayinde Marshall also known as KWAM 1 or K1 told Punch during an interview, that marrying his ex-wife’s niece was “no big deal.”

Read excerpts from the interview:

His thoughts on being criticized for marrying his ex-wife’s relative

It doesn’t make any meaning to me. Do you read the Bible very well? The Bible contains a lot of things even for generations yet to come to learn something from. The Bible is a book of life. Talking about my personal life doesn’t make any meaning. If you start tracing the lineage of some people, you would even find out that some men may have married their sisters and nothing happened. It is not a big deal. If they didn’t kill them then, why would somebody talk about my marrying my ex-wife’s niece and such jargons? It doesn’t make any meaning. Life is about what suits you. I don’t want to be citing examples but the Bible has taught us so many things.

On being a polygamist

I have no regrets about being a polygamist. I was born into it. I practice it very well and I am enjoying it. That it didn’t or doesn’t work well for some people doesn’t mean I should complain about it. My marriage is beautiful. I am enjoying my marriage with Fathia. She gives me joy and she gives me reason to be thankful…

Every woman married to a man in my kind of profession should understand the nature of the job. Fathia, my wife, is just the lucky one. She is lucky she is the one I have pronounced. So many women are out there and they want me to pronounce and profess such to them. But she is the chosen one. I am proud to say she is my love. She earns it. She gives me support and understanding.

On keeping wild animals as pets

They are not dangerous. Nothing really triggered my love for these animals. I just love them. I have eagles; I have ostriches and other animals. They are a good company especially when I want to think. I still have my snakes and crocodiles. I have two water pythons. They are very big. I love them.

Read the entire interview on Punch

1. nira

November 15, 2014 at 4:06 pm

It is well!!!!!!!!!

• H

November 15, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Well it is my sista

• Marc Francis of Chelsea

November 16, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Using the bible to defend his actions? How I love Christians.

• bey

November 17, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Dude isn’t even a Christian!

2. humm

November 15, 2014 at 4:31 pm

I guess its called ‘” all in the family” . I remember seeing this douche couple of years ago in Maryland, USA, begging to play at small gigs. He is got to find a way to sustain the large family he is procrating.

3. Mimi

November 15, 2014 at 4:43 pm

The real jargon is what is coming out of your mouth. Kai Women don suffer! I have no real words for this idiotic element.

4. LotusFlower

November 15, 2014 at 5:19 pm

Is he okay? “…She is the chosen one…” Oh, congrats, girl! *rollseyes*

5. Ephi

November 15, 2014 at 5:21 pm

“She is lucky she is the one I have pronounced…”
    It’s a man’s world true true, na wa.

6. le coco

November 15, 2014 at 5:34 pm

” women want u to proffess and pronounce such for them” am i to nderstand that u wer involved with these other women aswell.. sha.. to each his own . but i dont understand y a woman would go to a man much older than she is, knowing that she is jst a “pick” .. sha wareva rocks her boat.. i am sure money is not involved hehehe

7. bruno

November 15, 2014 at 5:37 pm

when they do something disgusting, why must they call religion to justify their stupidity. the bible says this, the bible says that, its pathetic.

u where having eyes for your wife’s neice when u where still married to ur wife. you eventually married ur ex wife neice, its disrespectful to ur ex wife

some nigerians dont have class.family gathering will be super awkward.

the way the man talks, like a fool, as if every girl in the universe wants to marry him.

the bible doesnt condone polygamy. this is how hiv will continue to spread in africa.

your ex husband is married to ur neice.

8. tmoi

November 15, 2014 at 5:58 pm

Is he now a christian? Why was he citing the Bible and not the holy book he believes in? It is well noni

9. miss j

November 15, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Yes oo it is well….

10. wow

November 15, 2014 at 6:09 pm

As I was reading this thing my body was boiling after I got to “she is the chosen one”. Like his wife is Simba from lion king in the part where that baboon held him up. I was like I cant take this. If I was to pick an animal to describe him it would pig. No men a pig is even better than him. I feel bad for his wife. I’d rather be divorced than be with a man like him. And to the fact that he said the Bible condones this. I really don’t know which bible this guy is reading. Gosh I’m so ANGRY!!!!!!!

11. Joan85

November 15, 2014 at 6:17 pm

he said she’s the chosen one haha! *laughing in spanish*

12. Queen1

November 15, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Huh? Say whattt?

13. tee

November 15, 2014 at 6:27 pm

until your zoo will be the death of you mscheeeew

14. Ela

November 15, 2014 at 6:37 pm

U have said it all nira

15. beesolah bhardmurs

November 15, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Its absolutely wrong. Must it be 4rm ur Ex wife’s? Its wrong big tym Mr fuji, but if u find it interesting and fun, all is well. Hnnnmmmmm

16. chy

November 15, 2014 at 7:06 pm

This man sounds like he thinks he is God gift to women. Message to all, you are nothing/nobody without a woman. It is because of a woman that you’re here. It is women’s fault that this human being things with his ignorant sense. Women allow it and use it to put their fellow women down. To this man, it is so sad you display how much you missed out in being brought up well; you displayed your ignorance well too.

17. Bosswoman

November 15, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Fathia, my wife, is just the lucky one. She is lucky she is the one I have pronounced. So many women are out there and they want me to pronounce and profess such to them. But she is the chosen one.”
    SERIOUSLY????? Who does this man think he is?

• stephy

November 15, 2014 at 10:31 pm

He thinks he is the messiah. He has some serious messiah complex.

18. LILO

November 15, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Nasty old man

19. Ola

November 15, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Listen… it shows the kind of family he married into. He got married to a family where sisters hate each other and these sisters gave birth to nieces and nephews that competed with each other. So there is no level of morality there.

He should come and try and marry my own niece na, if she will not pour him acid. When a man disrespects a family A like this it is only because the family A members have no respect for themselves. How did it start? it means all the while neiceyyy was coming to the house she was pecking uncle a little bit too long and hard. Uncle too was a randy fool that probably has been intimate with his own daughters.

KWAM 1 we see you. Yes. If you can sleep with your niece, your daughters and adopted kids are not safe. Simple.

• Yinda

November 16, 2014 at 1:10 am

Ola, you said it ”ALL.”

• Tinuade

November 16, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Thank you. The family of niece and her aunt have issues. My husband’s nephew is my nephew! If I find him attractive its the same as sleeping with my own sister’s son. The union of marriage is as strong as blood. Don’t hide under its just my wife’s niece.

• kenitola

November 17, 2014 at 3:05 pm

true talk ola

20. Buffeye

November 15, 2014 at 8:26 pm

So he’s a polygamist and only professes his love to one. This is how they bring drama to themselves and the women end up all flogging his ass one day.

21. baboushka

November 15, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Family reunions are gonna be so awkward!

• bruno

November 15, 2014 at 11:13 pm

@babouska, thank u for copying and pasting my comment. u think I wont notice

22. Ayo

November 15, 2014 at 8:34 pm

A disgraceful height of irresponsibility….shameless…shameful. I hide to spit in a corner.

23. Fols

November 15, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Erm…I thought this Wasiu Ayinde was a muslim. Why is he trying to quote Bible in support of his decision? And he’s quoting it wrong sef!

24. Toma

November 15, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Actually he is not ignorant, neither is he a pig, let’s be real people, women always flock around popular (and often well-to-do) men and would be happy just to be a baby mama to famous musicians and politicians (we all know examples abi…?) and would fight themselves to be the main chick or ‘chosen one’ so basically it’s d women who have no self respect or shame that allow men to speak this way about women. Until women stand on their principles and learn not to be so self condescending, talks like this will go on

• Ranti

November 15, 2014 at 9:18 pm

The issue is not his ignorance but rather that he appears to lack morals.

• Yinda

November 16, 2014 at 1:04 am

I don’t really think both parties are ignorant, they are both adults, which makes them fully aware and well informed of their choices. I think the really issue here is lack morality, values, and positive sense of self. God only knows the raucous that goes on between the ex-wife and niece.

25. honest one

November 15, 2014 at 9:03 pm

Ignorance……that’s all!!!

26. Ranti

November 15, 2014 at 9:17 pm

He sounds like an a**hole and she sounds like a slut. Are there no more men in naija, why your aunty’s ex husband. It makes one wonder what was going on between them when he was married to the aunty. Beware of Karma, dear.

27. Robin Hood

November 15, 2014 at 9:41 pm

no one is blaming the niece and her family. did he force her to marry him. d simple fact is most of our women are cheap and from cheap families with cheap values

28. spoonfullofsugar

November 15, 2014 at 10:59 pm

I’m not surprised…it’s kwam 1!

29. A.J

November 15, 2014 at 11:21 pm

I do not in any way condone his behaviour, in fact , I’m as pissed as everyone. I read that the aunt was more like a baby mama, and their relationship ended way back in the 80’s or so, the family is a large one and the niece probably didn’t have any form of relationship with her aunt, who’s half sibling with her mum. This explains why such nonsense could have happened . Anyway, just felt like passing that bit of info, things are not always in black or white.

30. Yinda

November 16, 2014 at 12:59 am

I really don’t understand why he is referring to the bible. Isn’t he a Muslim? Or he meant to refer to the Quran? As a grown man, he is entitled to do as he pleases, not that I am in agreement with his choices. After all, its not my cup of tea. But must he connect his choices with religion? You made your choice, just take full responsibility without referring to religion or what not. Honestly, I still can’t get it off my mind that when he was married to his ex-wife, he must have been accessing the niece one way or the other, and vice versa. Obliviously, morality and values has been lost somewhere along the line. As for the wild animals he keeps, I hope he won’t become a delicacy to them soon. “Man never chop finish, you con dey keep wild animals.” Good Luck to him.

31. KNOW MY NAME

November 16, 2014 at 4:15 am

LOOOL

AND HIS OFFSPRINGS ARE THERE FLEXXING ON INSTA, PROBABLY READY TO CARRY ON THIS TABOO… SMDH

32. always happy

November 16, 2014 at 4:20 am

And if one day, one of his exotic pets take a “peck of his eye, nose or flesh) we should not bat an eye, after all it is not a big deal, the animals lineage can be traced back to his bloodline, just like he’s insinuating of the niece and ex wife.

33. PD Young Billionaire

November 16, 2014 at 6:51 am

Really disgusting! Kwam 1 and the niece are simply shameless!

34. Mimi

November 16, 2014 at 7:18 am

Is this a peodophile uncle? How old is this niece? When did he start touching her?

35. nene

November 16, 2014 at 10:45 am

wonders shall never cease. when a large number of women choose to be with one man, there is a big problem somewhere. polygamy ko. in this 21st century??? it will never be my portion, and i can never understand how a woman has a choice, and chooses to marry a man with other wives. there is no LOVE in polygamy!

36. Oyinlola

November 16, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Serious jazzman, Bible, pythons, crocodile? wow- sounds like a shrine instead of a home. I pray she doesn’t get munched up by the “pets” in the “home”

37. Aisha Muhamed

November 16, 2014 at 5:49 pm

When thus a muslim man starting quoting from the BIBILE to suit their own interest in committing crime and abomination? God help us all.

38. Fossil

November 16, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Pls can we see the face of the greedy niece , if she is so proud of wot she has done. As for Mr KWAM 1 u re too proud to be a human being …..pls relocate to d jungle .

39. Lola

November 16, 2014 at 11:40 pm

Where was the mother of the niece when she was marrying her sister’s husband? Was she blindfolded or something? Who does that….Mtshew, Ms Niece, how does it sound bearing your Aunty’s marital name when she was married to KWAM 1. Somethings we hear are outta of this world.

40. Ah ah?

November 17, 2014 at 12:15 am

Am I the only one who thinks the guy is mental? Obviously from being full of himself. Who the hell is he anyway?

41. think about it

November 17, 2014 at 8:30 am

Bella naija please pull this article down!!!!! There mere sight of this man and title of the article is disturbing and seriously irritating. This man is disgusting!!!!!!!! His ex-wife’s niece is even more disturbing for condescending so low as to marry a man who was once her “uncle”..nasty……

42. jhennique

November 17, 2014 at 9:24 am

Oshi o da ile pako. Stupidity is a virus. He caught it at birth. NEXT!!!!

43. Ade

November 17, 2014 at 11:11 am

When some ladies always want the famous and rich men, why won’t he not classify one as ‘the chosen one’.

Some percentage of women brings this generalisation..

44. tinkerbell

November 20, 2014 at 5:43 pm

eeerrm, I hate to break it to you Mr kwam 1 but not all women are dying for u to marry them. Ridiculous old man