Career

A Glimpse Into The World of Architecture in Nigeria! Watch Olajumoke Adenowo’s Feature on CNN’s African Voices

Nigerian architect, Olajumoke Adenowo is featured on CNN‘s African Voices. Having been exposed to grand buildings from as early as she was 3 years old, her passion for structures and architecture was stirred. She gives an insight into her professional background and how she designed her first building at the age of 23.

Her story is very inspiring. Watch it here:

Part I

Inspiring.

3. uju

December 10, 2014 at 11:25 pm

Fantastic! My kind of woman

4. topsy

December 10, 2014 at 11:25 pm

Wow im really inspired…..anything is possible if u belive and dare yo dream…

5. anonymous

December 11, 2014 at 8:45 am

So inspiring. Why are people like this not in our faces everyday though? This is the first time I am hearing about her. So so entertainers in news everyday.

6. Molly

December 11, 2014 at 9:07 am

Very brilliant Architect. I doff my hat.

7. Ranti Alaka

December 11, 2014 at 10:40 am

Mrs. Olajumoke Adenowo is a woman of repute. I am so proud of her. I am so proud to have her as my mentor.

8. Vique

December 11, 2014 at 11:03 am

Watched this programme the day it aired on CNN, I just had to record the repeat episode. It is so refreshing to see a multi-talented and super confident woman who can hold her own without pride or prejudice. Love and respect for this woman for projecting Nigerian and African women in a new light.

9. Fabulous Bunmi

December 11, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Priceless !

10. Ginika

December 11, 2014 at 12:51 pm

my industry, my kind of person too… She looks like an older version of who I want to be (career wise)

11. *gbemi*

December 11, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Inspired!

12. Abi

December 11, 2014 at 2:12 pm

So inspiring! I love the way she speaks, with such knowledge and assertiveness.

13. tunmi

December 11, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Future aspiration. She is brilliant, absolutely brilliant. The way she talks, damn!!!!! Thank you BN for this. When I visit Naija, I definitely will visit the Federal Ministry of Finance building

14. nakoms

December 11, 2014 at 2:51 pm

First of all, how come there are very few comments here. I was expecting hundreds of it!
    Truly Truly Inspirational! I have downloaded and saved this video. I have shown it to my wife and two daughters for this is what womanhood, true womanhood, is all about!
    Adenowo animates her environment she fills it up with her essence and architecture is the medium by which she does this; any other profession will do for a woman such as this. If she was roasting bolie I bet you we’ll get this same effect from her; we’ll all fall in love with the medium irrespective not knowing that the defining element is the person not what they profess to be.
    One other thing. There is something about loving what you do that sets a glow. As a man I find her very very attractive, n0 beautiful, No attractive. But not in a physical way. God bless her for what she has added to my life and family.

15. paulmirabilis

December 11, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Great woman!

16. nikky

December 11, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Sis J (as we call her in awesome treasures) is so amazing……another side of her i appreciate and pray for is her love for God . she is an amazing mentor and role model!!

17. el patron

December 11, 2014 at 9:30 pm

touched! especially the part that fathers should talk to daughters. beautiful

18. TheRealist

December 11, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Awesome!

19. Fan

December 12, 2014 at 12:49 am

Um, Mrs. Adenowo….. Exactly where have you been all my life?!?!? You are seriously the best definition of a Rock Solid Woman.! Jesus, you ooze so much confidence, intelligence and class… It’s so darn attractive – I love it! Your DAD did a fantastic job with you and I wholesomely agree that the voice a father gives a child can truly make a difference in their assertiveness skills. Didn’t get the same teaching with my Dad as a child but thankfully I defied some of his teachings on having an opinion and still turned out outspoken. However I can’t lie; I still hear his voice on instances when he suppressed my voice and it makes me want to cave in at times but this is a great reminder to never let it die. Thank you so much for this and your inspiration. God bless your work and family. I hope to meet you one day!
    BN, please feature more people like this… great influencers of our nation.

20. jaguarnana

December 16, 2014 at 1:54 am

very impressed & i guess the race is on to create the pinnacle Nigerian architecture. i can’t wait to see your interpretation.

21. EA Girl

December 18, 2014 at 4:23 am

Long time reader here, first time commentor. I just had to. Overly impressed by Ms. Adenowo! Her sense of style is as exquisite as her taste in architecture. I hail thee. A truly inspirational feature.

22. Aaron

January 4, 2015 at 2:30 pm

Thank you Adenowo, you make me as a nigerian proud.it is very inspiring what you do taking time to motivate the youth as we are in times people have lost all value. I love your african diction,expertise and choice of words. You are an african model and professional.

23. nulo

May 16, 2015 at 2:48 pm

She is truly a pioneer. We at Nulo see her as an inspiration.
    Nulo is an architecture and interior design company created specifically for the Nigerian market
    We also offer services in : 3d printing, 3d renders/visualization /animation and architectural model making in Lagos and Abuja