Style

Eku Edewor Wore 5 Outfits to Co-Host the 2014 Channel O Africa Music Video Awards & We’ve Got the Details

Eku-Edewor-Channel-O-Africa-Music-Video-Awards-Host-December-2014-BellaNaija014

When Eku Edewor was announced as the host for this year’s Channel O Africa Music Video Awards, we knew she was going to kill it in the style department.

The gorgeous TV presenter definitely brought her A-game as she worked with her team to 5 different looks that are true to her personal style.

With the help of her stylist Bubu Ogisi and Debola Falana for her hair and makeup, Eku Edewor rocked pieces from different African designers.

According to stylist Bubu Ogisi, ‘This being the Channel O Africa Music Awards it was important to her that we looked at designers all over the continent. We spoke to designers all over Africa and these were the looks that we felt were perfect for a stage show and also embodied Eku’s fashion sense.’

Check on it!

Look 1 – Black bodysuit by Mozambique designer Taibo Bacar

Eku-Edewor-Channel-O-Africa-Music-Video-Awards-Host-December-2014-BellaNaija004 Eku-Edewor-Channel-O-Africa-Music-Video-Awards-Host-December-2014-BellaNaija006

Look 2 – Kente jacket and skirt by Ivorian designer Loza Maléombho, with Aperlai shoes

Eku-Edewor-Channel-O-Africa-Music-Video-Awards-Host-December-2014-BellaNaija007 Eku-Edewor-Channel-O-Africa-Music-Video-Awards-Host-December-2014-BellaNaija008

Look 3 – White jumpsuit by Ivorian designer Loza Maléombho, with Schutz shoes

Eku-Edewor-Channel-O-Africa-Music-Video-Awards-Host-December-2014-BellaNaija011 Eku-Edewor-Channel-O-Africa-Music-Video-Awards-Host-December-2014-BellaNaija012

Look 4 – Blue bustier and floral mesh blue skirt by Nigerian designer Clan, with Giuseppe Zanotti shoes

Eku-Edewor-Channel-O-Africa-Music-Video-Awards-Host-December-2014-BellaNaija009 Eku-Edewor-Channel-O-Africa-Music-Video-Awards-Host-December-2014-BellaNaija010

Look 5 – Beaded asymmetric long dress by Nigerian label Lisa Folawiyo, with Schutz shoes

Eku-Edewor-Channel-O-Africa-Music-Video-Awards-Host-December-2014-BellaNaija015 Eku-Edewor-Channel-O-Africa-Music-Video-Awards-Host-December-2014-BellaNaija016

All her accessories and jewelry were from Polo Avenue, Lagos.

Which look is your fave?

Photo credit: House of Picha | Instagram – @picharazzi‎ | Twitter – @houseofpicha

1. s

December 2, 2014 at 8:17 pm

eeeehmm,the jump suit mayb,the rest still figuring out.

2. EllesarisEllendil

December 2, 2014 at 8:28 pm

See ehn Eku chill make I graduate this law degree program first, my proposal go pass bomb(Somethings are best explained in pidgin) on the off chance you read Bella.
    “A bird flies sweetly
    on paper wings. Telling all
    of my love for you”

3. bruno

December 2, 2014 at 8:31 pm

one of the worst hosts I have ever seen. zero chemistry, they were not funny, any time they showed them, I changed the station to check what other channels were showing.

as for the fashion. I love the white trousers but I dont like the shirt, too much ruffles.

I love the beaded blue jump suit. this is eku’s best look.

overall it was a let down. I thought eku was going to go all out and kill us with clothes and gowns. very disappointing.

4. Angel

December 2, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Love the white jumpsuit

5. signature

December 2, 2014 at 8:47 pm

*sigh* not sure if it was d over hyped heading though..bt my excitemnt fell flat on seein d blue jumpsuit…
    Although d white jumpsuit n d jbl piece b givin me life..i lyk d chicness,worked fr her, den fr d other two i myt need to grab a couple of magnifying glasses…too small to see, bt dnt knw if i wud care fr dat bustier sha, cold take style dey…hehehe.

6. imadeuturn

December 2, 2014 at 9:13 pm

that white jumpsuit is alright with me!!!! this ch8ck neva get it right in the outfit department,dont know if its the pale skin or scranny figure..dont knw

7. O

December 2, 2014 at 9:36 pm

I love it all!

8. Daisy

December 2, 2014 at 9:44 pm

That dude is short tho

9. kkj

December 2, 2014 at 9:48 pm

Why would any normal African man want a skinny girl .. Thick girls for life(big ass, big laps, big boobs and curvy hips) is the dear

• EllesarisEllendil

December 3, 2014 at 12:00 am

Abeg show us pictures of your grandmama, show us how many were fat??? Many cultures marry thin women, who gain weight after childbirth and age just in time for the new wife to be brought in(usually a thin young girl) Coincidence??

• Carliforniabawlar

December 3, 2014 at 12:24 am

That is very disrespectful!! If anyone is abnormal, it is you!

• Iris

December 3, 2014 at 5:45 am

First of all, WTF is “laps”? Pick up a dictionary please; that’s not a body part. This mistake is annoying as saying “am” instead of “I’m.”
      Secondly, if that’s your definition of what a “normal” African man should be then keep it to yourself please. If you’re a girl, keep fooling yourself. If you’re a guy, you’d better look like a Greek god, since you’re here thinking you are in a position to pick and choose.

• MC

December 3, 2014 at 1:39 pm

And also just as annoying when some says ‘park’ instead of ‘pack’

• Pheebs

December 4, 2014 at 7:44 am

Oh Iris! thank a mil..
      “am” instead of “I’m” gets me so peeved.. Wrongly written English now seem so cool… o ma se oo

• jay

December 3, 2014 at 5:53 am

Aren’t “skinny” girls humans too who deserved to be loved? I think you’re just pained because all your attempts to shed the flabs aint working. Hating on slim girls isn’t the cure to stretch marks, cellulite and fallen boobs. :p

• zeekay

December 3, 2014 at 10:08 am

But Eku is painfully thin!!! Not hate intended but she looks like she needs to be fed

• Idomagirl

December 3, 2014 at 11:59 pm

Abeg go siddon…

10. ngozi

December 2, 2014 at 10:03 pm

love love Eku’s white jumpsuit.. i didnt knnow she was the host for the award…. the thing with eku is that she is very sophisticated and quite professional which is good but sometimes it can make her very stiff in her presentation… oh well u learn everyday.

• kk

December 3, 2014 at 4:36 am

White jumpsuit is by Loza Maleombho!! She’s a designer from cote d’ivoire , she ships world wide guys!!

• MC

December 3, 2014 at 1:40 pm

THANKS! I was wondering

11. Stella B

December 2, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Rubbish! She’s a bag of talentless bones! Her figure is horrible

• Bleed Blue

December 3, 2014 at 8:35 am

Wow! Where is your humanity Stella B?

These sorts of words…they sting you know? I understand constructive criticism such as those comments saying there was no chemistry in the hosting and such like BUT I don’t understand how people can say things like “bag of talentless bones” and think it’s okay. It just baffles me.

• Idomagirl

December 4, 2014 at 12:09 am

Please grab several seats you bitter human.

• Lu

December 4, 2014 at 9:34 pm

Seriously? As a naturally ‘skinny’ girl, I can tell without even meeting you, that you’re probably average – at best. Skinny rocks, if I do say so myself. Aint nobody’s fault we’re surrounded by people like you who just wish…lol.

12. baboushka

December 2, 2014 at 10:46 pm

Mozambican designer not Mozambique designer….did the designer design Mozambique?

13. mrs chidukane

December 2, 2014 at 11:33 pm

She looked absolutely gorgeous and I love her figure! I especially loved the JBL dress, the runway really didn’t do it justice. It was gorgeous. I enjoyed her co-host as well but wondered why they would pair a short man with a much taller female. . Though she goofed once when the boomshakaa female was giving her acceptance speech, she generally did well.

14. andrew

December 2, 2014 at 11:48 pm

Eku u need to eat some food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Idomagirl

December 4, 2014 at 12:00 am

Who told you she doesn’t eat?

15. atinuke

December 3, 2014 at 7:22 am

But why does that white jumpsuit look like tissue paper though? *crickets*

16. amaa

December 3, 2014 at 7:28 am

I don’t know. I have mixed feeling ,the clothes where either ill fitting or just ok. The chemistry of the presenters was horrendous.

17. aloysius anne

December 3, 2014 at 8:32 am

she is gorgeous in all weldon eku

18. chinco

December 3, 2014 at 10:21 am

Right outfits on the wrong body….

19. onyinye

December 3, 2014 at 11:37 am

Skinny gals rock,love me some eku

20. Idomagirl

December 4, 2014 at 12:08 am

Prefer look 4….

Some of the comments here about Eku’s body, if one said half of those things about a fat person the PC brigade would be out in full force. It’s not okay to call her or skinny people a bag of bones, same way it’s not okay to call a fat person a lump of lard. Please let us respect ourselves.