Relationships

Aww…Is Beyoncé the Best Sister Ever? She Allegedly put down $140,000 for Solange’s Honeymoon Trip in Brazil

Beyonce-Knowles-Solange-December-2014-BellaNaija001Beyoncé might just be the best sister ever.

There is no doubt that Beyoncé Knowles-Carter and her sister Solange Knowles are very close and over the years they have continued to show the world a united front.

So it should come as no surprise that Queen Bey was willing to put down about $140,000 for Solange’s honeymoon with her husband Alan Ferguson.

The couple got married a few weeks ago (click here if you missed it) and enjoyed a quaint honeymoon in Brazil (click here if you missed it).

According to a source on British magazine Heat, “Beyoncé also gifted Solange private first-class travel, a chartered boat tour and personally-catered meals. It was Bey’s way of saying, ‘I’m sorry,’ after all the bad blood between Jay and Solange. And, of course, she’s thrilled that her sister got the wedding and man of her dreams. She wants the whole family to move on to happier times.”

According to the Independent, “It’s not the first time Beyoncé has given a present involving food. Last month it was reported that she’d lavished her former Destiny’s Child bandmate Kelly Rowland with a $250,000 private chef to celebrate the arrival of Kelly’s first child, son Titan, with her husband Tim Witherspoon. Beyoncé also arranged for a hand-painted cot to be created for Titan. It boasts his name in gold and came with a $50,000 price tag. That would be enough for most people, but the superstar singer also picked out a suit and leather jacket by Versace for $260 and Louis Vuitton diaper bag worth $2,200.”

A number of people on social media have frowned on the fact that Solange’s honeymoon was allegedly paid for by her sister – so we have to ask, is it a wrong move?

What do you think?

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Josh Brasted

1. chi-e-z

December 16, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Not the public business. simple

2. Beeeee

December 16, 2014 at 2:50 pm

I don’t see anything wrong with it. It’s a wedding present.

3. Lola

December 16, 2014 at 2:54 pm

How can it be a wrong move? What sort of question is that? It was a gift. People will always talk

4. poison ivy

December 16, 2014 at 2:59 pm

I think it’s lovely, they are practically best friends.
    P.S; My sister needs to see this post, I don’t need a set of plate, tumbler and cooler for wedding present ooooo

• kenitola

December 17, 2014 at 11:01 am

you are very funny.lol

5. Nkem

December 16, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Not a bad idea.

6. Oma Oma

December 16, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Wrong kwa!!! I wish I had a sister that would pay for my honeymoon when it’s time,I would gladly accept and be very grateful/thankful hian!

7. winifred

December 16, 2014 at 3:22 pm

What is anyone’s business if my sister pays for my bridal shower, wedding, honeymoon, baby shower….wetin consign dem?

8. mystik

December 16, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Plz bey can I be your sis

9. serendipity

December 16, 2014 at 3:29 pm

When Beyonce is ur Big sis…. U just say Thank u n accept d gift….lmao….bt 4Gods sake she’s her Sister!!

10. amebo

December 16, 2014 at 3:47 pm

my sister and uncle-in-law paid for mine. I cant see what it wrong with it.

11. prince ajibade

December 16, 2014 at 3:49 pm

na bad belle go kill some people. Solange is her sister for Heaven’s Sake. do they expect her to say NO, THANK YOU. witches!!!

12. Foxtrot

December 16, 2014 at 3:55 pm

The wedding couldnt have cost US$140k so where and how did the honeymoon cost that much? Did they travel with a spacecraft? Or is ordinary Brazil now located on the moon? People just throw these ridiculous numbers around – like any of it makes any sense. US$140k to travel after what was essentially an all white party with 20 people in attendance…………………

• Anonymous

December 16, 2014 at 11:07 pm

Wetin concern you? They have it, they spend it! Not your biz! If you’re so mad, go and make your own money and be stingy with it! No one will blame you or that!

• J

December 17, 2014 at 6:00 pm

You talking about ol foxtrot? Above☝foxtrot is an idiot… Cuz if only you knew how much a private jet cost along with a special boat ride and catered food plus tips… That shit adds up and it’s in Brazil… People should think before they speak!!! I think it’s very nice of Yonce’ to do that for her sis…

• J

December 17, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Your stupid

13. Bluebell

December 16, 2014 at 4:13 pm

With the sort of career Solange has, it stands to reason that the only luxuries she’ll have are those paid for by others.Thankfully, her only sibling has extra-ordinarily deep pockets.

14. freemind

December 16, 2014 at 4:50 pm

So if they are getting married and beyonce foots the honeymoon fiesta, they would decline abi? do you know how many people will sign on to “BEYONCE FOOT YOUR HONEYMOON EXPENSES” if it were to be a reality show?

15. Mostest

December 16, 2014 at 5:15 pm

It’s not bad to gift your sister a honeymoon but how bout helping her career. How bout doing a track with her so she can also attain some fortune like you have. That’s why u luke Kim. She single handedly carried the whole family along and everyone has one business venture or the other. Yes single handedly cos if not for her scandal, the Kardashian name would be nothing. Beyonce needs to help people grow not just give handouts. As big as she is no record label to discover new talent for younger women. Guess she wants to reign alone

• mrs chidukane

December 16, 2014 at 11:29 pm

@mostest Solange is not on Beyoncé’s level but it’s obvious from your comment you don’t know anything about Solange’s career.

• LaTonya Rhodes

December 17, 2014 at 5:27 pm

That was the dumbest comment…if you knew Solange or followed her career, thenyou would know that Solange owns her own record label, just received a deal to design athletic shoes, and has stated numerous times that she is her own person who wants to be seen seperate from her sister…just because you don’t see someone in the forefront, doesn’t mean their sitting waiting for handouts…p.s. by the way it was a wedding gift to jer sister…not a handout!

• Angel

December 18, 2014 at 5:18 am

Also to that comment it’s a stupid statement cuz beyonce has tried to get on songs with her sister but her sister doesn’t want to do it, do some research plus she has more money than y’all think she is a song writer she wrote some of beyonce biggest hits and other stars again do ur research and stop just talking out of your ASS

16. baboushka

December 16, 2014 at 5:38 pm

BN you forgot to dash Solange the name Ferguson but why? A whole married woman una no dash her husband’s name ABOMINATION of the highest order! Na your trademark be dat?

• baboushka

December 16, 2014 at 5:41 pm

If Bey paid for the honeymoon I see no big deal in that it could have been her gift to them. I look at it the same way couples who already had a fully furnished homes individually ask for cash gifts or ask their guests to chip into their honeymoon kitty since they do not need any items for their new home.

17. Grown Woman

December 16, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Huh people must chill with their opinions .Thanks sis Bey 🙂

18. Cocobutter

December 16, 2014 at 8:38 pm

I do not see what the big deal is, my parents’ paid for my Husband and I’s honeymoon, I think it is really nice and kind.

19. couldn't resist

December 16, 2014 at 10:31 pm

@cocobutter, it should read “mine and my husband’s honeymoon”. Thank me later

• couldn't resist

December 16, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Or “I and my husband’s”

• correct

December 17, 2014 at 2:12 am

OMG you are incorrect. It is my husband and I…google is your friend and so is primary school.

• TRUTH

December 17, 2014 at 7:44 am

wrong english. it is my husband and I.

20. Cocobutter

December 17, 2014 at 12:40 am

@ couldn’t resist, what I wrote is fine okay, English teacher kmt!!!

• zora

December 20, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Actually it is not fine in that what you wrote is gramatically incorrect – which you maybe don’t mind and that’s you’re prerogative.

21. Atl's finest

December 17, 2014 at 12:49 am

Who doesn’t love FREEBIES??? Yes’ma I will take it, run off , and you get a thank U card when I get back.

22. great

December 17, 2014 at 1:44 am

I would do even more for my sister if I was so blessed……… because she deserves it. But God sees my heart and will bless my wishes today …..

23. Cocobutter

December 17, 2014 at 12:14 pm

@ correct and @ truth thanks guys, I don’t know why couldn’t resist is correcting me, when clearly she is the one that is incorrect. @ couldn’t resist kindly go back to school, and enroll for an English course smh!!!

24. Veronica

December 17, 2014 at 8:40 pm

I see EXACTLY WHY BEYONCE SAID THAT SHE WISHED THAT SHE COULD BE ANNONYMOUS.

25. Lilo

December 18, 2014 at 8:15 am

I don’t know why some of you guys keep insisting that solang is poor. She could have afforded her own honeymoon by herself. Her bet worth is at 5million + dollars, more than any of you wish to touch. Just because she isn’t in the lime light like her sister doesn’t mean that she isn’t making money, she is a singer-songwriter and even wrote some of Beyonce’s hits like leave the girl along. Her sister can girt her whatever, but don’t mistake Solange for poor she’s just humble.