Relationships

‘I Have Been Tempted Many Times to Cheat on my Husband…It is not Worth the Trouble’ – Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde

Captain Matthew & Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde

Captain Matthew & Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is one Nollywood actress who has made a name for herself in positive ways and without a single scandal.

The Nollywood queen has been a role model for many through her career, her ambition and her marriage.

Chatting with Vanguard Newspaper however, Omotola revealed that having been married for 18 years; she has had to work hard at her marriage to keep it strong.

Read excerpts from her interview below:

On the success of her marriage: I have been favored by the Lord. I am truly blessed to have been married to one-of-a-kind husband who appreciates what I do, encourages me to excel in my craft. Let me tell you this: I take my marriage very seriously. If you treat your marriage with levity and careless abandon, you will reap the reward for such bad behavior. My husband is an angel, brought by God to my life, and it has been a blessing having him as my husband.

On receiving gifts from men who admire her: Sure, I have received lots of goodies from my male admirers. I do not give anything in return. I always tell them that I am married and would not compromise my martial vows. If after making that point clear, they still continue to shower me with gifts, maybe believing that something will break in the future then I cannot help them.

On if she faces temptations while being married: Absolutely. I have been tempted many times to cheat on my husband by men I really liked. But when you think of what you stand to lose, the destruction of all you have labored to build, when you weigh all the options, you are left to conclude that it is not worth the trouble. I know some women will find this somewhat objectionable, but if they want to be truthful to themselves, they will agree with me that, as married women, we have all faced moments that I have just described.

On if her marriage has cooled over time: Of course, it has. Which married woman who has been with her husband for years will, in her true state, tell you that the feeling has remained the same as it was the first time or the first year she met her husband? It is bound to cool off. What I recommend to women is what I call “temporary separation”. You will make yourself unavailable to your husband. Go somewhere – go on vacation with your friends, do something bold, lose weight, look different and, after weeks, come home, looking drop dead gorgeous, and I bet you, the fire of passion will be mightily rekindled and you  will feel brand new again. I have applied this principle in my marriage and it has worked wonders.

You can read up her full interview here.

1. LILO

December 14, 2014 at 3:16 pm

I am happy she married well.

• bey

December 14, 2014 at 8:18 pm

She has just stated on Twitter that she never granted Vanguard an Interview.

2. bruno

December 14, 2014 at 3:19 pm

I feel omotola is that kind of woman that will continue to stay in a marriage that has collapsed. even when the man is beating her, cheating etc.

There are some women who are like that. they will stay in a toxic marriage no matter what cause they believe divorce is for failures. just saying

• Adeniran

December 15, 2014 at 12:59 am

You are really silly. Does Omotola look like a whimp to you? One minute you people say she’s too confident another minute you think she’ll stay in a toxic relationship?lol… Just to console your unmarried self? Omotola is in an amazing relationship. Amazing!!! 18 years , you think an Omotola type can pretend that long?mdoes omotola even look pretentious to you? Bruno once again you miss yarn !

• Mohammad

December 15, 2014 at 10:19 pm

If I see pretentious being used to describe what you mean again I will scream! That is a faux ami! Pretentious means uppity in a “fake” way, not somebody that pretends.

• Chinagorom Martin

December 15, 2014 at 2:34 am

Are you ok?

3. Mrs Diamond

December 14, 2014 at 3:21 pm

I love your honesty….May God continue to give you the strenght and wisdom to deal and overcome…its not easy..God bless your marriage more

4. deyo

December 14, 2014 at 3:38 pm

I apprecite the fact that you wrer real in your analysis.I wish you the best in your home.

5. ktemi

December 14, 2014 at 4:06 pm

I really love her honesty and realistic outlook on marriage. This is the real deal…..marriage is lovely but its HARD WORK!! All these couples that always make it look like its fairytale can deceive young girls! Go into it with ur eyes wide open and a lot of God’s help!!

6. kemi

December 14, 2014 at 4:06 pm

I love love her honesty. More grace to you Omotola

• Ola

December 14, 2014 at 11:52 pm

I like your face

7. Missappleberry

December 14, 2014 at 4:57 pm

Gosh! I’m not a fan of omotola but after this interview, i can’t help it. Thanks Omotola for saying it how it is. No photoshop lol

8. Onye Ara

December 14, 2014 at 4:58 pm

So if she finds a temptation that she considers worth the trouble, she will come and announce it to the world?
    Story for the gods!!

• Iris

December 14, 2014 at 6:32 pm

She didn’t say that. Don’t put words in her mouth. If she had said “it is not possible to be tempted if you are a good woman” you would have said she was lying. We all wish the deciding factor for not cheating could be love alone. The reality is that it is not. There are more practical reasons than love that can make a person not cheat and it doesn’t make you less honorable (although it might make your partner want to smack you with a frying pan for not saying “it’s because I love you).

• bokun

December 14, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Yes oh the right temptation has not arrived YET. I would be worried if I were him.

• APK

December 14, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Equal rights, God did not create a being (male or female) better than the other, just as men claim or do actually face temptation in their marriage and either choose to look away or go through with it same goes for women. Women face temptation too and decide not to act on it. I am a married woman and I have a couple of people despite my marital status make proposition, of course i consider it disrespect and do not accommodate such but question remains, can I be tempted? Possibly but would NEVER happen. I respect Omotola for voicing what people won’t say.

• Bad boy loaf

December 14, 2014 at 11:47 pm

lol, you came back to click on your own comments? Whoever you are, you are desperate to sound sensible.
      In 20 years of her entertainment, your mischievous self is trying to convince us she us yet to come across Big enough temptation, or she told you she’s on the lookout for the right one?
      Human beings … Some of you are so sadistic you can’t accept simple truths. It just has to be very complicated! Lol… I don’t wanna eat as I fear I might constipate! Smh…

• Chinagorom Martin

December 15, 2014 at 2:35 am

You need to understand English a little better.

9. BEAUTIFUL

December 14, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Who even said she has not considered some in the far past… Talk true.. Some people may testify o!! Hmmmmmmm

• social media 9

December 14, 2014 at 6:53 pm

My exact thots . Because she knows no one will come out ….. Pls the exact opposite is what is happening for real. Just maintaining that perfect family picture and running things ….. no hating at all, am a big fan . but truth must be said jare…….

10. prynced

December 14, 2014 at 5:27 pm

U are really. Onye Ara for spewing such rubbish cz its obvious u reason with your anus. I can’t just help but love Omotola. She can do no wrong in my eyes. She just said the reality. Of marriage so its no bed of roses or fairytales all the way bt hardwork, all these #irreconcilabledifferences#. There are exception to the rule sha.

• Onye Ara

December 14, 2014 at 8:37 pm

At least I have an anus to reason out of. How did your colostomy go?
      I did not tell you that all married women chest. All I simply said is that even those that cheat will not say anything different from what she just said, so it is neither here nor there.
      I have nothing against the lady as I think she is an okay actress and apart from when she is exposing all the contours of her thigh and hip region, she looks a nice lady. Just don’t be gullible with all you read,that’s all.

Good night.

• Clara blunt

December 14, 2014 at 11:41 pm

From your entire rant, it is obvious you have nothing objective or intelligent to say. Your Intension was obviously to try insult omotola. You must be a sad jealous bitter individual! She’s an okay actress? Lol…she is a BRILLIANT actress! When she’s not exposing the contours of her thighs… You are sick! You must be confusing omotola with whoever…omotola is one of the most decently dressed Nigerian women! You are Definitely a HATER!

11. Personal Assistant

December 14, 2014 at 6:04 pm

If I say wetin I know BN no go post am. Until then Omosexy say what you want people to hear.

• I say so

December 15, 2014 at 1:14 am

Abeg shut up! What do you know! Personal assistant my foot. Liars . You people run around looking for people’s image to tarnish in the name of insiders. No wonder you don’t have enviable lives.

• Personal Assistant

December 15, 2014 at 1:09 pm

E dey pain you?
      Did I say anything to tarnish any image? Do I stand to gain anything? Truth is bitter. Never easy to handle.
      My dear I have a very very glamourous life.
      I lack nothing because God is good to me.
      Drown in your hate. Keep looking at celebrities as make them your role models. They are only human. People who know, know.

12. juliet

December 14, 2014 at 7:05 pm

omotola go sit down joo…. u r no saint ooo. dis tin u r doing on facebook self .. after asking ur frnds questions and dey answered correctly, u promised to giv them gifts … then u tell them to call ur stupid manager wich in return extract almost 3000 airtime just to send d so called gifts…. stp using ur foolish managers to dupe ur facebook frnds…… now u don dey tell story for d gods … abt temptation… lolzzz…. new matter kee

• Clara blunt

December 14, 2014 at 11:32 pm

You are obviously as dumb as the fraudsters who duped you hoped. To actually not only got duped by Facebook dupes but to not even know that her Facebook page is verified. Smh! Daft much!

13. Abimbola

December 14, 2014 at 7:21 pm

I love her honesty. 100% God bless u omotola

14. so what

December 14, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Bella , why now. pls post all comments . You should expect mixed response that’s life.

15. Zee

December 14, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Reading Omotola’s genuine response with regards to marriage has certainly changed my perspective of her. I respect her for being honest about how it is. There definitely are times of ‘hot and cold’ in marriage. I like her views on how to deal with the ‘cold’ periods. Well said, Omotola.

16. Amh

December 14, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Love you omotola. True talk.

17. ama

December 14, 2014 at 9:18 pm

I like her response on how to pickup a marriage when it seems to have cooled off. I am all for having the guts to speak the truth. Accepting gifts from men who you know want something back from you even if you are not giving is not cool. You don’t take gifts from such men you shut that down straight up, why be friendly with an enemy of your marriage. As for being tempted b y men YOU LIKE. Sister, which level.?No one is a saint and marriage can be difficult we just have to be conscious of the choices we make and stay loyal to your wedding vows through your actions. I know I would be pissed if my man received gifts from women who wanted to get into bed with him.

18. mujer

December 14, 2014 at 9:36 pm

I love the honesty but but but, knowing how human minds work, will the husband now feel threatened? because you have to be a confident male to know that folks are hitting on your wife and that she was even tempted. The latter is the primary issue here. All of us have been tempted and as I read this I felt vindicated. However, my point – I have learned in old age that some FACTS are best left unsaid. Just my personal experience.

19. EllesarisEllendil

December 14, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Somebody claiming they actually successfully tempted her in 1…..2…….3

20. Tosin

December 14, 2014 at 10:00 pm

I have been tempted many times to care about the celeb’s husband…not worth…

21. BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

December 14, 2014 at 10:01 pm

OK

22. Great

December 14, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Omotola is too real. I can’t believe she was this honest. Waoh. I respect this lady. Marriage is work but the work is worth it. Men should take her advice too but not sure men will go away and be concentrating on looking better…sad truth.they can work on themselves too sha like loose weight, build muscle , new hairstyle ?… Omotola should give more relationship advice. She seems to gave lots of wisdom compared to other celebs always slamming us with tips every week. Plus she seems real. Kudos woman, your fan for life.

23. Anony

December 14, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Didn’t she deny giving this interview?

• Justsaying

December 15, 2014 at 1:46 am

It would make sense if she denied this interview because it makes no sense on any level. No man will be happy to read such things coming from his wife and no self respecting woman or man who respects the institution of marriage will utter such nonsense in public for the deluded purpose of being frank and honest. So all you closet adulteress get back into your boxes, e no work, shame on you all. To think that some of her so called fans, do not even no their idol well enough to know she would never come out and say such idiotic nonsense. Anyway people will always look for someone to herald their idiotic cause. “Yeah, I like omo because she is always saying the truth'” well she did not say it okay! her hand no dey that you na yeye fowl waka. she no send you na. Yeye dey smell.

• Toyin flower

December 15, 2014 at 1:22 pm

NO SHE DID NOT DENY GIVING THE INTERVIEW! FROM HER TWEET SHE’S OBVIOUSLY SAYING THIS INTERVIEW WAS A WHILE AGO.

24. Just me

December 15, 2014 at 2:12 am

Lol….some comments really had me rolling my eyes.
    The lady married very young and she’s still married to the same man. So kudos to her.

25. Hian

December 15, 2014 at 2:37 am

Hahahahahaaha see them, “I love Omotola’s honesty”, “She is so real”. She has denied the interview o. Naija journalism equals ZERO.

• Toyin flower

December 15, 2014 at 1:25 pm

She is still real and a very honest individual. I think she granted that interview maybe ages ago and maybe not to vanguard. Love omotola she’s straight forward and real. Love that she still added, Thanks anyway. CLASS

• Tobi

December 16, 2014 at 1:12 am

She is still honest?!. Even though she has denied giving the interview, and you are refuting the claim saying maybe she did give the interview some years ago. As if an honest woman would need someone to remind them of the truth. Stop being deluded. The idol you are worshipping is fake, and your comment reveals how deluded you are.

26. tunde

December 15, 2014 at 2:58 am

I be if this woman take lie detector test she will fail woefully…

27. Evilicious

December 15, 2014 at 3:10 am

She denied this interview! It didn’t make sense to me, why would a matured married woman be spewing such nonsense. It made no sense. Thank God it’s not true.

28. fashy

December 15, 2014 at 7:57 am

BNer always make my day,HW pple read. And understand differently, and HW pple think there own idea is more superior than d others, then u find some that thinks u are not making any sense, and of course those that wants every ones opinion to be d same
    then comes the English teachers
    not to mention Bruno of life

• Mohammad

December 15, 2014 at 10:24 pm

Abeg leave my Bruno of laive o!

29. Wabbit

December 15, 2014 at 8:37 am

I wonder how your husband felt after reading all that. Your one leg dey your house the other leg dey outside. I have lost respect for you.

• Cash calls

December 15, 2014 at 12:24 pm

You obviously lack English. You should loose respect for yourself first. She’s still the celebrated one , you are the commentator. Ode!

30. oj

December 15, 2014 at 1:57 pm

some people are reading without understanding. blame naija school system.

31. yourstrulyblogposts.blogspot.com

December 15, 2014 at 10:43 pm

This woman’s honesty is admirable x

32. Tobi

December 16, 2014 at 1:14 am

You are the ode that will swallow anything hook line and sinker.

33. Tonya

January 7, 2015 at 7:32 pm

why do you Africans attack each other like this? Everyone is entitled to their opinion , you agree or disagree and keep it moving. Your role models or mentors should never be Actress or Actors . Omotola gets paid for the work she does period . Her private life is her business. she’s free to sugar coat HER story if she wants; who are we to Judge or critize her..