Music

Nicki Minaj opens up about Her Abortion as a Teenager, Says ‘It Was the Hardest Thing I’d ever gone Through’

Nicki MinajNicki Minaj has been very open about her personal life and her past in the past few weeks of releasing her new album ‘The Pinkprint’

Covering the latest issue of RollingStone magazine, the rapper opens up again about everything from her breakup to her writing process in a candid, revealing interview.

Read excerpts from her interview below:

On opening up about her breakup: One of my goals was to give people a glimpse into my personal life because it’s something I’ve kept very private. I had to learn to do something as simple as sleep alone. I struggled with ‘Do I express these feelings?’ And I decided there’s no reason for me to hide. I’m a vulnerable woman, and I’m proud of that.

On her abortion & teenage pregnancy: I thought I was going to die. I was a teenager. It was the hardest thing I’d ever gone through. It’d be contradictory if I said I wasn’t pro-choice. I wasn’t ready. I didn’t have anything to offer a child.

You can read up more from her interview here.

Look for the issue on stands and in the iTunes App Store this Friday, January 2nd.

Photo Credit: RollingStone Magazine

1. JohnMatilda

December 31, 2014 at 2:31 pm

It’s like Nikki Minaj is playing with our minds how do u put up that innocent face and wear that dress at the same time, I’m trying to reconcile both of them but it’s just impossible. It’s like a lady wearing a micromini skirt and standing on a pulpit to preach the word of God.

2. JohnMatilda

December 31, 2014 at 2:33 pm

*wear dat top*

3. @edDREAMZ

December 31, 2014 at 3:10 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Am really feeling for nicki ryt nw….. My cruch of life……
    *GLO BRING 3G TO KONTAGORA*
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

4. Helen

December 31, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Why do i feel like Nicki is trying to drum up sentiments about her ex?

5. Munachi

January 1, 2015 at 2:30 am

I had a friend who has done two abortions within 6 months of each other. I remember taking her to her first abortion appointment and felt like I had blood on my own hands. I will never do such a thing again, regardless of loyalty. I pray for her to find guidance and to find the Lord. It was extremely hard on her, but it didnt seem as if she learned her lesson the first time. I think if it happened the second time so immediately, it was probably meant to be. But hey, who am I to say anything regarding her situation.

• tunmi

January 1, 2015 at 3:32 pm

Recommend birth control methods: condom, the pill, and of course the morning after pill. Honestly, having and taking care of a child requires a lot and a woman really should not be judged for having abortions…are you going to take care of the kid with her? Also…where are the men in question?

6. Nkay

January 2, 2015 at 3:15 pm

patiently awaiting the ‘fire and brimstone’ set, with their stones at the ready and their eyes wholly focused on their target…..