Music

Nicki Minaj Opens Up on Former Engagement, Reveals Losing a Baby at Age 15 on New Track “All Things Go” | Listen

nicki-minaj-2014-bbsmith-03-billboard-400

Nicki Minaj is opening up and baring all in her new album.

From ‘Pills & Potions’ where she talks about resorting to pills while suffering depression as a result of her relationship to ‘Bed of Lies’ where she calls out her ex-boyfriend and now it’s ‘All Things Go’.

We definitely can’t wait for the Pink Print album to drop.

On ‘All Things Go’ Nicki is opening up on family, relationships, and even a pregnancy she experienced as a teenager.

On the first verse, the 31-year-old rapper admits to hesitantly accepting a proposal 10 years ago (“Ten years ago was when you proposed/ I looked down… ‘Yes, I suppose’”), while on the second verse she addresses her little cousin’s death, which still haunts her (“Ni–as trying to kill him/ He ain’t even call me/ And that’s a reflection of me, yes I get it, I get it was all me/ I’ll pop a pill and remember the look in his eyes the last day he saw me”).

On third verse, she details why she’s protective over her relationship with her mother and brothers, including her younger brother Caiah (“The more I work, the more I feel like somehow they’re neglected”).

She closes the verse revealing that she lost a baby of hers and her ex’s 16 years ago. (“My child with Aaron would have been 16, any minute/ So in some ways I feel like Caiah is the both of them/ It’s like he’s Caiah’s little angel, looking over him”).

Listen.

1. RIFF RAFF

December 4, 2014 at 3:47 pm

BN, she did not lose the baby o, she aborted the baby.
    Nicki first spoke about her abortion on “Autobiography,” a song from her 2008 “Sucka Free” mixtape:

To conceive you then leave you, the concept alone seems evil
    I’m trapped in my conscience, I adhered to the nonsense
    Listened to people who told me I wasn’t ready for you.

The last line says it all.

2. Daisy

December 4, 2014 at 3:53 pm

I actually shed a tear

• Fusion OAU

December 5, 2014 at 9:58 am

Why?

3. Stella Kashmoney

December 4, 2014 at 4:09 pm

I love me some Nicki.

4. bruno

December 4, 2014 at 4:39 pm

uh.she made the right choice by having an abortion

assuming she didnt abort the baby. I dont think she would have been able to raise a child at the age of 15.

abortion is very important. I know the issue of abortion is a hot button topic because of religion in naija. but birth control and abortion are good. there are too many unwanted babies in this world.

• H

December 5, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Well if u ain’t ready for the baby then zip up!! (Except it’s a case of rape of-course)

• Pat

December 6, 2014 at 11:55 am

@everything’s rosie, na wa o, haba, na vex?
      @Bruno, well, talking about abortion being good, I don’t want to say whether abortion is right or wrong, but I’d say the world might have lost someone great in Nick’s child. I am actually an abortion survival human.

True life story: my mum gave birth to me as a teenager too and she made several attempts to abort the pregnancy, but God spared me all through and today, no one would know that, except I told them. I’m grateful to God that I’m alive and today, I’m poised to change my world…

5. Clo

December 4, 2014 at 7:52 pm

(*_*) Bruno owns Bella Naija I swear (x_x), I believe she had an abortion too. People come on it’s 2014. I love my daughter, but hoping I could take a ten year plan (instead of the five) come 2015, cause I want the best of everything for her. 1 in every 10 women do abortions worldwide everyday. Be Real….Nicki stays real

6. everything's rosie

December 5, 2014 at 1:53 am

Yes, Bruno, “there are too many unwanted babies in the world”! You would know because you are definitely one.

• Fusion OAU

December 5, 2014 at 10:00 am

Now that’s mean and personal, easy does it….. it’s all about personal opinions here

• MC

December 5, 2014 at 12:19 pm

But what Bruno said was correct. No If’s or But’s about it!
      ….any excuse to say something

• Jules