Music

The Jet Setting Life! DJ Cuppy Heads to Ghana for a Gig on Femi Otedola’s Private Jet

DJ Cuppy (2)There is no doubt that DJ Cuppy is ‘Daddy’s little girl’ but there is also no doubt that the female DJ is working very hard at building her own brand in the Nigerian music industry.

After attending and DJing at the ‘Olamide Live in Concert’ that held last night, DJ Cuppy is already on to the next thing – which is a gig in Ghana.

For her journey she took her dad’s private jet and was accompanied by her manager Lola Adamson and  Prince Otedola.

DJ Cuppy (4) DJ Cuppy (3)

A picture showing her catching a quick snooze on the trip was captioned, ‘Little time we get to rest, not actually sleep. Ghana we here! #WorkMode #cuppyonamission #SuperLols#RVMG #WeMove #Loveforthejob’.

DJ Cuppy (1)

Photo Credit: Instagram – DJ Cuppy | Lola Adamson

1. SS

December 29, 2014 at 4:43 pm

I love this girl and she dresses decently

• Blah blah

December 29, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Dressing decently deserves a prize? Or you expect rich kids to dress indecently?! The things we love in naij sha…

2. Rosemary

December 29, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Her hard work and humility gladdens my heart. Well done Dj cuppy

• Leah

December 29, 2014 at 10:02 pm

I am not sure how posting pictures of you in your father’s “private jet” translates to humility, but ok.

3. pretty

December 29, 2014 at 5:24 pm

ok!

4. niceone

December 29, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Nice one cuppy!!
    Pls if you reading this Pls I need a job
    Pls help a sister, graduate with master degree
    God bless

• Iris

December 29, 2014 at 6:59 pm

And clearly a PhD candiate for Sycophancy with a minor in Kiss-assery.

• Gee

December 29, 2014 at 10:19 pm

The world is changing degrees doesn’t secure one a job this days. It shouldn’t be so all but unfortunately it is.

• Gee

December 30, 2014 at 2:42 am

*at all”

5. Trudy

December 29, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Job application don reach BN? ok

6. bruno

December 29, 2014 at 6:15 pm

I didn’t know flying in private jets to different parties around the world was hard work.

has she stop sharing cupcakes?

7. Grace

December 29, 2014 at 6:17 pm

good for her. She’s doing well for herself.

8. Chee

December 29, 2014 at 6:31 pm

BN oooo! I take it upon myself as Lowla’s friend to correct you. She is her manager and not publicist. They are 2 different things. Yes she is a publicist but when it comes to Cuppy she’s her manager. And haters leave Cuppy alone, she’s an awesome dj and making a name for herself. She is a hard worker and I love that she is building something for herself.

• Ms Socially Awkward...

December 30, 2014 at 1:06 pm

I think Cuppy isn’t the real focus of people’s disdain. She’s just a collateral target, sweet lass that she appears to be…

A lot of people wouldn’t ordinarily begrudge these dreams of hers if she wasn’t realising them on the foundation laid by her father’s sins. Nigerians are starting to understand how much damage certain cabals have caused our country’s development (especially when it comes to the power and energy sectors, which are crucial for any economy to really flourish) and while we will concede that an extremely corrupt in Govt is the primary culprit, we consider every other secondary party who benefits financially from that corruption to be just as complicit.

Unfortunately, Cuppy & her newly spotlighted siblings simply happen to be caught in the crossfire.

• Ada

December 30, 2014 at 4:34 pm

gbam! I could hug you for this comment. At least sane people still exist,

9. Temi

December 29, 2014 at 6:38 pm

People can say what they want to say about this young ladies Dj’ing skills but one thing you can’t deny is that this young lady is a hustler!!! Always doing gigs and always trying to get better at her craft while going to school.
    I salute you!!
    Haters are always going to hate. Carry on!!

10. deb

December 29, 2014 at 6:46 pm

Definitely not hating, but I will really really admire her if DJ jimmy jat started like this. We want real success stories&not the ones that has everything working for them in their careers. BN commentators, Don’t crucify me oooooo

• anonymous

December 30, 2014 at 4:53 am

my dear, she started somewhere ok, what of the children of billionaires who do not even have a life, i.e refused to go to school, squanders their fathers money and have refused to be useful to themselves and the society at large? here is a young lady who despite her fathers wealth has decided to make a name for herself and yet u people wont just appreciate her because you think she has it all already . success story is succeeding at what you set your heart to do, it doesnt matter whether you started as a pauper or as a millionaire biko and she is a success story because she as a lady has made a name for herself in a male dominated business

11. Minnie mouse

December 29, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Sweeeett gal….so cute!!

12. uche

December 29, 2014 at 7:22 pm

Niceone i feel jare, may fined a good job as we usher in 2015 in jesus name
    pls use any medium to get ur job.
    atleast ur nt beggin for money.
    remind me of when i was lookin for a job too.
    it is well

13. mena

December 29, 2014 at 7:24 pm

@niceone i feel u jare,may God bless you with a good job soon amen!!

14. iseemaths

December 29, 2014 at 7:52 pm

i am back…. finally derived an equation that explains another equation such that the equation can be uses as a substitue for diophantine equation

15. olu

December 29, 2014 at 9:03 pm

it doesn’t change the fact that her daddy is corrupt, and should be in jail at the moment. she’s over there flaunting her grand father’s and father’s stolen mekunu’s (common people) wealth. shame on her, and shame on naija!!!

16. Alert!

December 29, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Some things are really not necessary..

17. Tomilola

December 29, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Whether you agree or not, if Cuppy wasn’t from a wealthy background, you wouldn’t give her props for being such a “hardworker” and for “doing her thing”. Look at it this way, how many upcoming acts have you given so much props for being hardworking and for being such a hustler and also for being humble? None. So maybe if Daddy wasn’t so rich, we wouldn’t care. She doesn’t get props from me for being those things tho, she gets props for daring to be great in a male dominated industry. That’s what she should be cheered about.

18. dobz

December 29, 2014 at 11:00 pm

Not being a hater. But how is her deejaying going to pay for private jet trips, I know it’s her dad’s plane, but she is so unrelatable. Deejaying is obviously a hobby, because if it was a business, we’d be seeing mixed tapes not private jet moves. It’s almost impossible to aspire to be her, the best the average Nigerian youth can do from seeing all this is wish their father was richer, or start doing runz to meet up.
    . Since this isn’t a sponsored post, please use the free space to celebrate other rich/government influenced well to do people’s kids who are doing other stuff asides partying and flying in private jets. Eg, Orode Uduaghan, who is doing something about breast cancer and has opened a legit restaurant that serves and celebrates Nigerian food. Her papa see na tiff, but at least she’s fighting a just course
    P.S I don’t know her, and she didn’t send me.

• Layo

December 30, 2014 at 1:00 am

I think she sent you dobz, Dj Cuppy has released a mixtape already. Research well before affirming.

• Anon

December 30, 2014 at 7:59 pm

dobz – Ha! Ha!! Honour among thieves or should I say honour among thieves children. “Legit restaurant?” Are there illegitimate restaurants? Lol! Don’t be fooled. The “legit restaurant” could well be a money laundering scheme. As for Cuppy, she could have ended up on the board of Forte Oil and annoyed the hell out of the people who work for her or even at Fabric Care (if that is the name of her Mum’s laundry/dry cleaners.) I like that she chose a hobby and is earning from it. I heard she got paid handsomely for some gigs in the summer. She’s turned her hobby into a business. Good for her.

19. ngozi

December 29, 2014 at 11:34 pm

get your life girl!!!.. i like her joo. she seems cool and humble.. lol

20. aikay

December 30, 2014 at 2:21 am

i respect her because she unlike other rich kids hustles hard. I know a couple of rich ppl (my cousins), who there father is super rich (though not up to Femi Otedola’s level ooooo) and they are here in Houston, doing nothing. Their father bought them cars and they live in a mansion thats is paid for, with monthly pocket money coming from naija. I just pray make their papa stay alive forever, because if the man die today, wahala go dey oooo …..#justsaying…..Dj cuppy, i love you for at least getting up everyday to pursue something. May God bless your hustle my dear!

21. dobz

December 30, 2014 at 9:56 am

Please click on her name tag aikay and see how many posts about her mixed tapes u will see as against her house party, cup cake sharing, jet flying etc. I know she has mixed tapes, but how many of her songs do u know
    Even Davido is a rich kid, but we knew his songs b4 we knew his dad was rich, so much so that when he flaunts his jewellery, cars and money, we associate it with his craft not his dad’s wealth.
    I hope u get my Point? And Davido didn’t send me either

22. dobz

December 30, 2014 at 9:57 am

I meant layo

23. Oma Oma

December 30, 2014 at 11:11 am

You people should just let her be naaaa!! It’s not her fault that she was born into a wealthy home neither did she chose to be born to the Otedola’s….. She’s an amazing Dj, very Shy and also very down2earth…….This is what she loves doing, it’s what she chose…. If she wasn’t for a wealthy home, people would still talk! People are insatiable

24. Idomagirl

December 30, 2014 at 1:42 pm

I’m more interested in that ponytail. Every Arianna Grande has gotten rid of hers. If una like call me hater…BN better approve my comment.

• Ada

December 30, 2014 at 4:38 pm

hahaahahaha. nice one!

25. concerned9ja

December 30, 2014 at 6:56 pm

I like her hustle just like the next man….but other rich kids not doing zilch is neither here nor there so do some poor ones..if she really wants to chart a different course to her Dad’s she needs to stop flaunting the wealth which definitely didn’t come from DJing..
    Yet to see a hardworking DJ in 9ja fly in a private jet even the International superstar DJs.
    Still can’t get over the fact that enough parts of 9ja had no light over xmas eve and xmas day…and the painment from spending loads on Diesel..
    Reason why many have so much disdain for the father and as someone rightly said she’s caught in the crossfire and all this show boating don’t help…only dem Psquare..Whizkid etc are allowed to get away with such grandstanding…proper grafters!!

26. concerned9ja

December 30, 2014 at 9:07 pm

If Toke Makinwa a true grafter had pulled this…the bile against her would have broken the NET…literally!!