Relationships

Wow! Lola Omotayo-Okoye Reveals She Was Molested by a Priest, Beaten by an Ex & more | Watch Her Inspiring Video

Lola Omotayo-Okoye

Lola Omotayo-Okoye was one of the women who were at the Kinabuti Dare2Dream project as they motivated and encouraged young ladies to pursue their dreams (click here if you missed it).

During her speech, Lola Omotayo-Okoye shared a personal experience that had the audience spellbound.

According to her, she was molested when she was in high school – by a priest – and for the longest time she blamed herself and kept quiet about it because she did not think anybody will believe her. She couldn’t even go to her family to talk about it.

She also shares how she was physically abused by an ex-boyfriend in University. But she says she personally decided not to let her past experiences determine her destiny.

Watch her share her story below:

1. Bolanle

December 16, 2014 at 11:06 am

This is one why we shouldnt judge people…we dont know their struggles

• ENITILO OLA

December 16, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Am so impressed, am loving dis babe all d way. kip growing dear, u r a ROLE MODEL 4 lot of ladies out dere including me.

2. Annie

December 16, 2014 at 11:23 am

AMAZING. ”You Just never know know the stories behind the smile” . The next time you wanna post a negative comment, think twice before you hit the send button

3. kk

December 16, 2014 at 11:31 am

She speaks really well…for some reason I always thought she was one local babe. Happy to see how far you have come. Well Done Lola!

• holly

December 16, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Does she look local to you?

• Ruby

January 1, 2015 at 2:12 am

Really? Because she lives in Nigeria? SMH

4. Irene

December 16, 2014 at 11:33 am

Well said beautiful woman.

5. adelegirl

December 16, 2014 at 11:54 am

I have always silently admired this woman from a distance but after watching this, my respect ad admiration for her rose several notches. She also confirmed what I had always suspected – that she is quite shy and perhaps introverted. So all those on her case for not smiling, pls juxtapose this with Isio’s post from last week and perhaps you’ll see that she is not exactly a glum person, just shy and introverted. Well done Lola. Continue to live your authentic life, never letting the nasty comments put you down.. You are beautiful within and outside too. Kudos for daring to dream and overcoming the circumstances of the past, not allowing them define you r your future.

• Girl

December 16, 2014 at 12:13 pm

lol this is soooo me, I’m extremely shy and kind of have social phobia so my face isn’t always the most welcoming but it is ALWAYS misunderstood. I decided to try and “not seem mean” but biko i couldn’t so now i just continue with my “resting bitch face” that I am accused of having meanwhile I’m the happiest person ever in private, but wahala don come because chai infact I need to sit down and write BN a full aunty bella or whichever it is so BN how “can I fit”?

• Akos

December 16, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Like i said to Lola – those who love ad care for you – know you well so f**k what everybody thinks or assumes of you. Be yourself. Either way they will talk.

Se all this yeye 2 faced heauxs all of a sudden praising Lola, after all the insults they rained on her for almost 10 yrs. Anuofias

• EBERE

December 16, 2014 at 1:42 pm

I LOVE HER SO MUCH TOO

6. baboushka

December 16, 2014 at 11:55 am

Never heard her voice she is so well spoken. I love it when you hear things straight from the horses mouth it gives you a better understanding of them. More grease to your elbow Lola and it’s good you spoke out about the nasty priest it may encourage others in a similar situation to speak out.

7. Jadesola

December 16, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Intelligent & inspiring…the articulated motivation is appreciated. Many thanks to you, Lola.

8. yinka

December 16, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Beautiful inside and out!!!

9. amh

December 16, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Very articulate and beautifully. U r a dtrong woman. Very inspiring.

10. wow

December 16, 2014 at 12:33 pm

I have always been a fan of lola Okoye. And I believe your speech………thank you for inspiring me…….

11. Onye

December 16, 2014 at 1:26 pm

I’m glad she’s sharing her story and all but what has she achieved though? She says it has now affected her destiny and yet she is just someone that married someone who is famous. Is that now a career plan?

• Onye

December 16, 2014 at 1:35 pm

this comment, please delete o! I wrote it even before hearing her story. She was someone who was making her own money before even meeting the up and comer. Sorry o! This teaches me not to judge before hearing the full story.

• Beeeee

December 16, 2014 at 2:36 pm

I admire you jare. Not a lot of people will admit they were wrong about something. Thumbs up.

• kaffy

December 16, 2014 at 3:04 pm

She’s still making money now bcos she’s d director of her dad’s oil not gas company

• kaffy

December 16, 2014 at 3:07 pm

My mistake her father’s oil n gas company, she has neva been a liability 2 Peter dat is y he’s super proud of her

• bimztheory

December 16, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Pls note her husband was a nobody when she met him

• Idomagirl

December 17, 2014 at 12:40 am

She made money for herself waaaaayyy before she met Peter o. I was hearing her name before they got together, just because she wasn’t famous, doesn’t mean she hasn’t achieved anything.

12. MsTilii

December 16, 2014 at 1:31 pm

the fidgity oyibo woman sitting next to her is pissing me off, ah ah. Kepp still, what is it with all this distraction as we listening to lolas beautiful speech

Anyway i always love Lola, i think she has the cutest name Lola Omotayo, sounds like a rhyming song. 1st time hearing her speak. Love her more

13. Lulu

December 16, 2014 at 1:39 pm

@ Onye actually she does have a job and career,i think in the oil and gas business,she is very accomplished in her own right. And when her and Peter met she had more money than him so i doubt she just married a musician to live some luxury life.

14. EBERE

December 16, 2014 at 1:45 pm

I have always and I mean from the day I saw her pics,i have always loved her.i never judged her like many people did.we don’t know people unless they let us into their world. A lot of people think she is a gold digger bla bla bla and each time I see those comments, I am always on ground to support her and condemn her critics even when I am not related to her in anyway.i see a woman who is humble and down to earth,anywoman who will stand by anyman when he had nothing is worth everything in this whole world and I bless God for peter for not listening to anyone and rather sticking with his choice.Lola, I love you and admire you.

15. Zee

December 16, 2014 at 1:51 pm

I started loving her after I read her interview with Genevieve mag last year. She is adorable and pure hearted , only wrongly judged. Peter is the lucky one.

• Idomagirl

December 17, 2014 at 12:41 am

I really liked that interview too…

16. sum1special

December 16, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Okay i literally just fell in love with her again…Always been. She spoke so well and sounded so classy. She is so beautiful…..

17. yinka

December 16, 2014 at 2:19 pm

I love Lola and i ve always admired her from a distance……she’s a big sister friend in my head…lol. I love her love story with Peter, I love that they didn’t listen to naysayers about their relationship…I remember when people were running their mouths about lowering her standards to date peter. God bless their home.

18. olu

December 16, 2014 at 2:22 pm

If you think someone who is dating or married to a celebrity had nothing going for them before meeting the ‘celebrity’, you have poverty mentality issues….in my opinion

19. RIFF RAFF

December 16, 2014 at 2:54 pm

So a priest in St Louis Grammar School Akure molested Lola?
    She should name the priest joor. Only God knows how many other young boys and girls that demon molested.
    She should call out the violent ex too.
    Speak up! Don’t be afraid.

• tunmi

December 16, 2014 at 3:27 pm

I absolutely agree. Thank you Lola for speaking up, hopefully it encourages others to speak up

• ms lala

December 16, 2014 at 7:00 pm

I know rite!!!!!!!! I am Catholic no doubt but we have some effed up priest I tell you. one that was a family friend, am talking about knowing him since i was a child. was teasing me about my body when i visited Nigeria and saw him at his parish. I dusted it off as a weird joke maybe he drank too much wine during the Eucharistic ceremony. All i know is that the next few weeks, this fool and that is what am going to call him asked me to meet him in Dubia from my base in DC , that he is on vacation and we can get a chance to catch up and see each other, I told him impossible because I cant travel he told me am allowing other men to enjoy my body am being selfish and went on , on how i probably have sexual intercourse with men . this idiot said so many things am sure priests are not even allowed to vocalize, He said he came to Dubia because of me that it was easier to see ourselves in a foreign country and be FREE …..I died inside because i had so much respect for this fool. the most vexing part is that u blow the whistle society will blame you. I saved the chat on whataspps screenshot it and sent it to my mom as proof. this man went on a tangent on how he had been trying hard to be with me. Now tell me that priest has not slept wit the girls in that parish. tomorrow they will come out and walk and talk holier than thou. smh

20. Oma Oma

December 16, 2014 at 2:58 pm

I’ve always loved Lola Omotayo, she inspires me soooo much!

21. Debby

December 16, 2014 at 3:05 pm

I am happy that i have always had Lola’s back even when haters said a lot of negative things about. Nice one Lola, keep been real.

22. bruno

December 16, 2014 at 3:16 pm

na so so yeye people full this comment section. everybody is now famzing.

I love lola long time, I have always admired her blah blha blah. yeye nigerians. some few weeks ago some of you were yabbing her, saying she doesn’t smile

• ATL's finest

December 17, 2014 at 3:19 am

Thank U and God bless. Haba!! What’s up with all these fakeness? I thought I was tripping for a minute by all these comments. First time ever, folks realized she made name for herself before she met Peter etc!! Smdh..

23. olu

December 16, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Wow!! She’s such an amazing woman. I didn’t know that at all. What an inspiring story. Bless her.

24. Lulu

December 16, 2014 at 3:36 pm

I think its very admirable that the Okoye brothers have stuck with women they knew before their success. With all the temptation i’m sure they get from groupies and what not, ten years is a long time to be with someone.

25. ekalor

December 16, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Its funny how people have done a 180…. Lesson here: don’t Judge

26. Mayo

December 16, 2014 at 4:49 pm

I honestly did not think I would click and watch that video, but I did. Great post and I think its important we all realise that there are many people out there who are in a similar situation. Here are the key take aways from the video:
    1. Stop making excuses – yes you had a horrible past/ made mistakes but still you can achieve your dreams and make an impact
    2. Making a decision to succeed is a choice. It is not a coincidence or by default
    3. Focusing on adding value and not taking value wherever you find yourself
    4. Your past and yours story is a blessing in disguise and will inspire others
    and finally
    5. Give back and help others who have been where you are.

27. Noms

December 16, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Where all the haters na?
    Everybody now has been admiring her.
    Well done, Lola.
    Okk, they are not commenting now that’s why we don’t have up to 100 comments yet.
    About Catholic Priest, na God go judge them.
    I wasn’t molested but I had a priest who was on my case during NYSC and I was really pissed. Thank God I was mature enough not to have been brainwashed.
    He said he would rather have sex as a priest than masturbate, y not just quit and get married when its a voluntary service and not compulsory.

28. ny to la

December 16, 2014 at 4:59 pm

I laughed at the comments ehn….Bruno my point exactly now this same people are saying I have always loved n respected lola..holy ghost fire burn all the lies here who hv previously condemned her.

29. mrs chidukane

December 16, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Shocking! Guess the Lola haters have repented, praise God

• iris

December 16, 2014 at 10:10 pm

I am amazed o. It’s either they repented or they are silent and these are die hard fans from day one who chose not to comment before. Lol I am not ashamed to admit that if I was not at work I would go to previous BN posts about Lola, write down the usernames of all those who posted negative comments, and come back to compare. OyaToke Makinwa over to you. Maybe after she tells her own story, her skin colour will become dark as Lupita’s in our eyes and she’ll be the realest babe in the hood (not in any way trivialising either woman’s struggle o).

30. Stella Kashmoney

December 16, 2014 at 10:27 pm

All the haters have nothing to say anymore. They all have been loving her from a distance.

31. sassy

December 17, 2014 at 9:17 am

Wow she is so classy……is it me or does she sound a bit like genevieve?

32. Hmmmmmm

December 17, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Priest Kwa.Na wah oh.Make I no talk plenty.Attended a catholic school and worked in a catholic hospital,na today,he don tay.One Monsignor told me, he cant sleep cos he has being day dreaming about my legs and the way my boobs bounced when I walk.I was embarrassed.

• Alero

December 17, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Ehen stop bouncing them now… LOL :p #runsaway#

33. Ajiro

December 17, 2014 at 3:30 pm

She speaks so well.

34. MissB

December 17, 2014 at 5:23 pm

to all of you saying Lola “speaks so well”, this just goes to show how judgmental Nigerians are! many of you judged this woman without even knowing a single truth about her…without ever having heard her voice!! So sad. Lola is well-educated, enlightened woman from a very solid family. Her husband is blessed to have found a woman of her calibre who has without a doubt played a great role in uplifting him personally, socially and career-wise. All those wondering why he is with her and has been with her…it is because HE knows her worth and THAT is ALL THAT MATTERS.

35. Take note

December 17, 2014 at 8:51 pm

What a beautiful woman inside out……you can never ever really know someone from a distance…..shame the social media has given many the boldness to be so judgemental of others……We ought to be fair and kind to each other because everyone has a story or is going through something. Never project your bitterness to someone else. It won’t change your situation. Our society is filled with people who try to validate their own insecurities by being mean to others or highlighting flaws instead of celebrating successes.

36. jcsgrl

December 18, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Ok I must admit I secretly judged her for just one thing; having children out of wedlock. Now the age difference btw her and her partner bothered me a bit on a “will it work kinda way” but hey it seems to work for them and I’m happy for them. I know I also commented on her non smiling pictures only because I felt she is a very very beautiful woman who looks even more breath taking when she smiles. Hearing her story puts some things in perspective. Never underestimate the power sexual and physical abuse can have on future life choices. I didn’t even know she had a career prior to Peter so I’m glad that was clarified. I can only imagine how she has to deal with maintaining such a high profile relationship.
    In all honesty, speaking on behalf of the alleged haters, I dont thing people hate her per se. After all wasn’t it the same people who lambasted Peter to put a ring and “wife” her. and make her an honorable woman? And then the allegations of her being pointed as the face of drama between the Okoyes probably made some resent her. On that one there’s nothing anybody can do abour it. From comments I’ve seen people make, if I can recall they seemed to fester around her pictures, the age difference and the causer of rift between the popular family. So, I think people are entitled to their opinion good or bad and also reserve the right to change their mind if they choose to…its free will. To the recipients of all manners of public opinion, TRy and take it in good light. Learn from what you can, reject what you don’t need and laugh about the rest. Trust me it will endear more people to you.

• She-girl

December 23, 2014 at 10:14 am

You are so up your ass: you were bothered about the age difference, you were bothered that she didnt smile…Ii wonder if you bother and put so much effort into your own personal life. You think you and your 2 Naira opinions are so relevant. park well joor.Nnonsense and ingredients.

37. tee

February 10, 2015 at 3:21 pm

The white lady was only fidgeting cus’ she was being stared at and felt uncomfortable. Normal reaction when people are looking at u, trying to distract herself-personal experience. Probably, she’s a shy lady like Lola.