Relationships

‘He Kissed Me, Told Me He Loved Me then Stopped Calling’, Jordin Sparks Dishes on Removing her Purity Ring & Breakup with Jason Derulo

BellaNaija.com

Jordin SparksAfter the heartbreak comes the radio interview…

…or that’s how it has been for Hollywood stars in the past few weeks with both parties dishing their side of the drama to their fans via radio shows.

Jordin Sparks was on the Breakfast Club recently and the singer dishes on the real deal behind her breakup with fiancé Jason Derulo, including the fact that she found out they were done via the media.

Read excerpts below:

On what caused her relationship to end: I honestly don’t know how to explain it except for things really never got talked about. I still haven’t spoken to him so…

On pressure to get married: When you are in the spotlight at all and you are in a relationship, people are going to expect that… The pressure was going to be there anyway… That was something we knew was going to happen and then he wrote the song and I did encourage him to put it on the album because it’s a great song… I did want to marry him… But, part of me feels like he just scared himself.

On his newfound level of fame playing a part of relationship: Um, I’d say that was a part of it

On not liking Drake: He makes great music but… he’s not my type.

On reaching back out to Jason to get closure: No… I wouldn’t do that again… Why go back there? Obviously with his actions he showed me what he thought of me. Why go back there and try and get a conversation that should’ve happened?

On what she’ll do if she sees him at the Grammy’s: I’m not one of those people that’s petty like that… I’d just be like hey, congratulations on everything… If he approached me.

On breaking her purity ring promise: I felt guilty because I made the promise to me, God and my parents and I don’t ever want to let my parents down. But, at the same time I was like, well, it happened… It was great.

On her skinnier body image: It’s still very weird for me, I’ve always been bigger than everybody… I’m still getting used to it.

Check on it!

1. chica

January 16, 2015 at 4:09 am

On what she learned: I’m not going to say I regret the relationship because it’s taught me a lot about myself. It’s taught me what I don’t want. It’s taught me what I do want. It’s taught me what I’m willing to do in a relationship and it’s taught me what I’m not going to do again. I absolutely loved that reply because there is something to be learned from every experience in life.

2. Mtenibe

January 16, 2015 at 6:06 am

The feeling you get when you see your dream girl but she doesn’t know you. I could she think anyone that young,famous,ontop of his game and most ladies’ desire would give in to just one girl at a time like now? A case of these whores ain’t loyal;how could they !

3. Yvonne

January 16, 2015 at 6:39 am

They should stop reopening old wounds with their interviews.
    She needs to move on and get over him.

• Surely

January 16, 2015 at 10:32 am

Why do you think healing requires confession? Speaking helps you get over stuff not heaping it in your mind. Of course it depends on how you talk about it. But she’s speaking frankly and it will only help her.
      Naija people and your silence culture. That’s why everyone’s mouth dey smell for dia…

• kdot

January 16, 2015 at 3:12 pm

lol…………funny

• Funmi

January 17, 2015 at 11:41 am

Talking about it to friends/family/a therapist in confidence is not the same as talking about it on Twitter/TV/radio. You can get things off your chest without having those issues define you in the public eye. It’s not always about silence- it’s about speaking to the right people in the right place.

• anonymous

February 20, 2015 at 8:45 am

Lmao

• Beeeee

January 16, 2015 at 11:15 am

Yvonne, I absolutely agree with you. She needs to move on and get over him as painful as it is. The more she talks about it, the more she strokes his ego. She needs to let him know that she is fine without him. It is not easy because i have been there myself. No one is saying she shouldn’t talk about it but it doesn’t have to be done in public. I am sure she has family and friends that she has already discussed this with in private. This kind of breakup is painful to any person so I cant imagine how it would be for someone in the spotlight. The question will always be asked no doubt, but a polite “no comment” should suffice. After all some celebrities tell the media before interviews that certain topics are off limits.

4. Kendrick Lamar

January 16, 2015 at 6:51 am

I think if she still love the guy he should talk to him… but I don’t think there is any love between them again.

5. DJ STELCH

January 16, 2015 at 7:05 am

Jason Derulo, Brov you’ve got to count yourself very Lucky for Breaking her Purity Ring and she’s cool with it like its nothing, Brov you dare not break the Purity Ring of a Typical Religious Nigerian girl of Jordan Sparks Age without her Raining Curse’s on you or even going Diabolical to make sure You Mary Her.. Glad I’ve never taken any Lady’s Purity Ring and I do not wish to, I like them Dirty!!
    .Disclaimer:: Raise Your Words, Not Your Voice. It Is Rain That Grows Flowers, Not Thunder..

6. Chinco Bee

January 16, 2015 at 7:47 am

Am not some petty……nice one,no hard feelings just congratulate him.Thatz some level of maturity. What doesn’t kill us,makes us better and the break up have helped her to understand more, opened her eyes. I hope she finds that one person that would love her sincerely.

It’s terrible when you get less from people you hold in high esteem.

7. ATL's finest

January 16, 2015 at 9:49 am

What a great reply in every section. I have always been a fan. So she will find someone greater & folks like Jason always end up miserable.

8. concerned

January 16, 2015 at 10:41 am

Wow, she seems very mature. She’s got a good head on her shoulders. She’s taken the whole thing well: I mean, imagine being dumped by someone you put your career on hold to take care off! Way to go, hun. You’ll find someone worthy of you who will appreciate your worth.

9. Curious

January 16, 2015 at 12:43 pm

All you professional tappers, and Instagram “coveters”, shebi una dey see sey all that glitters is not gold? All these BN and IG fairy tales y’all so fervently buy into and want to tap from na boju boju oh (sometimes). A whole Jason Derulo borrow car from dealership give this bebi, and come now pose for social media sey im buy am, now imagine wetin all these regular folk una dey hero worship fit do. Abeg, face your life and work with dignity and contentment. Be happy in your space and station in life because you can never really work out what that person (whom you’d gladly trade places with) is dealing with just by looking at pictures and a carefully orchestrated social media presence.

10. Animal Doctor

January 16, 2015 at 2:22 pm

Great girl. Jason, you go regret this one for sure

11. ohumotu

January 16, 2015 at 5:27 pm

So I’m just here wondering why she allowed them to spend almost 12mins of her interview time talking about her Ex *rme* That’s some real time…