Relationships

‘I Wish I Was the Mother of All His Kids; the Seven of Them’ – Annie Idibia

2Face & Annie Idibia at The Ascension Album Launch in Lagos - BN Events - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 04In the latest issue of Motherhood In-Style magazine, Nollywood actress and wife to Nigerian entertainer 2face Idibia, Annie Idibia is the cover star (click here if you missed it).

With lovely editorial spreads with her daughters Isabella and Olivia, Annie Idibia talks to the magazine about her parents getting divorced, how it affected her, being married to 2face, his children from other women, her pregnancies and much more.

Annie Idibia’s feature in the magazine covers 13 pages and is very detailed about her life as a mother and wife.

Read excerpts from her interesting interview below:

On her parents divorcing when she was young: It affected us negatively. It was so hard on us then. It’s not an experience I would want my kids to have to go through because when you’re used to being with two people and suddenly, you’re caught between who you’re going to live with or mummy takes you and you are left wondering why daddy didn’t. It is so emotional.

On how it affected her: My mum is a very strong woman, she scaled through it…My mum was a full housewife when she was with my dad, but after the divorce she had to work to take care of her 4 kids, and we all had to do minor jobs to help out. Maybe if I didn’t go through that I wouldn’t understand the pains of divorce and how it would affect the children. At the same time, I’ve learnt that life is not a bed of roses. That experience has made me more focused and stronger. It’s made me the woman that I am and a better mother to my kids. Then, it makes me bent on ensuring that my marriage works too so my children won’t have to go through divorce and all the pains associated with it.

On being married to 2face Idibia: No, I’m married to Innocent, one of the most amazing men in the world. I want to believe our marriage is almost like every other marriage. He’s a good person a good dad, great husband, a wonderful brother-in-law and son-in-law, and he’s all that I thought he would be as a husband and more.

On the low and high points of their relationship: I think it would be the first time I heard that other people were having his baby, the second should be when we both sat down and agreed to end the relationship. We realized it couldn’t work and decided to break up. That was after I had Isabella. His proposal was a high point; the way he went about it was special. And my wedding! I didn’t think we were going to end up together, and that’s the honest truth.

On making changes: I wish I was the mother of all his kids; the seven of them. But they are my kids; I just wish I was their biological mum. They’re awesome; you can’t help but love them. Everything else has made everything better.

On how his other kids affect their marriage: I won’t say it’s easy, I will not lie to you. I mean, you have kids with people, are you going to be their enemy? You have to have at least some civil relationship with them; you have to be very civil but God has been very faithful, and it’s still God all the way because it’s really not easy. I do not regret being with my husband but I would not want my daughter to be married to a man that has kids with other women, naturally. You know, it doesn’t make me love him less or feel like I don’t want to be here, I’m happy that I’m here, I don’t love him less, but I would not wish that for my daughter because even if the man is in, how about the other parties involved? But then, like I said, it’s key to be civil.

On her pregnancy: I had CS for both kids. With Isabel it was good, it Olivia it was horrible. I was sick all through my second pregnancy, and it was difficult. With Isabel, it was easy.

To read the full interview and feature pick up a copy of the Motherhood In-Style magazine’s Volume 4, Issue 6 edition.

1. darlene

January 26, 2015 at 3:56 pm

she is honest and real in this interview, she also sounds very matured. she knows he isnt perfect , but she still embraces him, past mistakes, warts and all. goodluck to her

• C'est moi

January 26, 2015 at 5:28 pm

MATURE not matured! She’s not wine. Or cheese!!!
      Sorry to call you out but it’s like nails on a chalkboard for me.

• darlene

January 26, 2015 at 6:13 pm

ok….it was an oversight…..my bad

• Mz Socially Awkward...

January 26, 2015 at 6:58 pm

Or a savings bond… Pay no mind to my randomness, it’s been a very nice and lazy Monday.. 😀

• Simplyjane

January 26, 2015 at 10:49 pm

Thank you oh. It grates on my nerves too

• Fey

January 27, 2015 at 8:11 am

I thought i was the only one who gets irritated when people say some one is ”matured”.

2. mary

January 26, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Annie, you are a strong woman, its only natural that you feel the way you do, keep loving your husband and also maintain a good relationship with his other children. they are his blood and you have to love them too. may God continue to strengthen you.

3. concerned

January 26, 2015 at 4:11 pm

Annie has really tried and I have nothing but respect for her. I mean, five children that aren’t hers? No be moi moi. She seems like a good woman.
    However, and I say this with the best of intentions, is this all she’s going to be known for? Being Tuface Idibia’s wife and accepting his many other children? Don’t get me wrong, its a very decent thing she did but I think she deserves better than that. There are days that I forget that she’s an actress and not just Mrs Idibia and as a woman, she deserves better. God bless her though: she’s gorgeous and so are her daughters. Tu baba is lucky (PS: do you say 2baba or Tu baba?)

• CK

January 26, 2015 at 7:19 pm

That’s all she’s known for in public, in private she could be known for much more. For example in public all you are known for is commenting on BN, i would like to believe you are known for much more in private

4. cleo

January 26, 2015 at 4:13 pm

Very real and mature. Respect Annie. Love you more

5. dee

January 26, 2015 at 4:13 pm

You were sick during your second pregnancy but you still had ample time to wear a face cap, high top shoes, pose for the camera and yet again upload on IG, pl pls pls.
    You people just love to copycat everything yankee celebs do, its unbelievable.

• Natalia

January 26, 2015 at 4:28 pm

What is this one saying? please SHUT UP!!!!!!!

• Taiwo

January 26, 2015 at 4:31 pm

Can you please take a break from being STUPID??? So you expect her to be sick 24/7 and mope around abi?

• Ada Nnewi

January 26, 2015 at 4:34 pm

It will be well with you….

• jay

January 26, 2015 at 4:47 pm

Im guessing from your comment you dont have kids of your own/ havent had a pregnancy that takes its toll on you. Otherwise you realise its a very depressing feeling and every momemt you feel okay you want to make the best of it to cheer yourself up!

• Neo

January 26, 2015 at 4:51 pm

This comment is everything! Loool! Key observational skills, good memory to boot, a side of beef garnished with glaring stupidity.

• Udegbunam Chukwudi

January 26, 2015 at 5:04 pm

ROFLMAO @ Neo

• olu

January 26, 2015 at 4:57 pm

So…she should have crawled into a hole when she was sick with pregnancy….to avoid your wrath ..or keep doing a pity party??

Women are their own enemies

• bbz

January 26, 2015 at 8:38 pm

you see your life?
      Ul just open your mouth gbaga and rubbish will just be coming out.. anyways i am sure u did not proof read what you wrote because if you did, i doubt you would have hit “post your comment”.

yeye person, pls its been a beautiful monday no spoil am for me.. Ndo!

• Nandom

January 26, 2015 at 8:51 pm

Pregnancy is not a disease o

6. MOM

January 26, 2015 at 4:17 pm

WAOOOO That got me teary, honestly i wish i can hug you now. u are a super woman that has a forgiven heart. and true LOVE FOR YOUR MAN. IT IS NOT EASY AT ALL.But you are already a winner. you were so real and sincere . God bless your home sweetie.

7. Yvonne

January 26, 2015 at 4:21 pm

Very honest,brief and precise response from her!

8. ohumotu

January 26, 2015 at 4:24 pm

There nothing this lady can do or say that can upset me…. As in I love her like that. she is just too awesome…. I love her family I just pray God will continue to guide and protect her home because a lot of vultures are waiting to eat THEIR own carcass not you (Annie) in Jesus name.. she is just a honest human being, strong and God fearing… God bless you Annie and God bless your husband and children

9. Zara

January 26, 2015 at 4:30 pm

Annie is a rare gem…Innocent is lucky..

10. nene

January 26, 2015 at 4:44 pm

this is real love. she is truly in love with him and that’s what makes her happy, so i can’t hate.

• Bleed Blue

January 26, 2015 at 5:05 pm

Wait…nene what did you just say? You can’t what?

Wooohoooooo!!!! This has just made my actual day!!! Love thee oh nene 🙂

• Iris

January 26, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Lmao me too sef I shock!
      Nene why so happy? did you get some last night? Don’t lie *wink wink*

• D Main Man

January 27, 2015 at 9:44 am

Abi oh, Nene that dishes out hate words like she’s a “HATE-WORD ARTISTE” signed unto Dem Jam/Interscope/Aftermath/CashMoney and SONY/COLUMBIA records combo.

• nwanyi na aga aga

January 27, 2015 at 3:12 pm

And nene said she cant hate annie.. Chai! this is an emotional moment *tears*

11. debbie

January 26, 2015 at 5:25 pm

i think its high time her interviews are centered around the real Annie. it cant always be about her history with Tuface and her step kids…..

12. Mystique

January 26, 2015 at 5:29 pm

@Dee, whats your point exactly???? did you have a bad childhood or what? are you on your period? is it hay fever? do you have lice in your hair?? whats the ish about???

Annie Idibia, you have a heart of gold. very few women will marry 2face with all the baggage he came with. God bless you darling. you have earned my respect. love you.

• bbz

January 26, 2015 at 8:39 pm

my dear abeg as am!

13. ms.b

January 26, 2015 at 5:31 pm

What she said is soo true. Its easier been with a woman that has kids for sum1else dan a man dat has kids wt oda women, she really does LOVE innocent and he knows that’s y he chose her.

14. bunmisimple

January 26, 2015 at 5:53 pm

very loyal woman, most truly be love.
    bunmisimplesblog.com

15. hawttalkwithtosan.blogspot.ca

January 26, 2015 at 6:16 pm

I love real chicks. She said it as it is. Happy it is working out well for them.

16. J

January 26, 2015 at 7:20 pm

Annie doesn’t know how to be anything else but herself which is GREAT!

17. Regina Bangura

January 26, 2015 at 7:58 pm

My love God will bless you and your family. .

18. Iris

January 26, 2015 at 8:31 pm

I don’t know o…she must be really charitable because I personally would not be able to do what she did. One child…maybe, but Tuface’s own is too much. I guess suffering because of her parents’ divorce must have really strengthened her resolve to see it through. I’m glad she’s happy though.

19. wendu

January 26, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Annie my prayer for you is that may God keep strengthening you and blessing you, you do have a good heart

20. bbz

January 26, 2015 at 8:40 pm

big huggs!
    The lord is your strenght and he will always see you through!
    and my prayer for you is that your children would not go through the pain of divorce and your case will also be different from that of your parents.. ijn Amen.

21. Mtchewwwww

January 26, 2015 at 8:49 pm

See as well all dey hail her. Meanwhile, the same baboons way they salute her and 2 face are the ones attacking Genevieve, Ibinabo and others mtchewwwwww. Annie, we don hear… now go sit down and pray that the he goat in 2 face a bit na one face no go resurface again.

• Shina

January 27, 2015 at 10:11 pm

LMAO @ 2 face a bi na one face. Correctesttttttt comment ever. E be like say you be psychic cuz the he goat in 2face don surface again..The guy na proper dog meat through and through; unrepentant idiot! I take style dey blame Annie small cuz she don position herself as his doormat. If people know that no matter what they do you still go dey jolly with them, then they’ll continue misbehaving cuz dey sabi say you no dey go anywhere. She dey hail the dude all the time but I’m yet to see him doing the same. It’s like he dey manage her cuz he know say she no dey go anywhere; chai. Annie, abeg carry your load and waka from that house. Sooner or later, the he goat go drive you nuts or you will catch something from him!

*Teachers I sabi correctest no be real one so make una save the teaching for another post*

22. imose

January 26, 2015 at 10:10 pm

Love me some Annie.

23. oj

January 27, 2015 at 7:05 am

so nice to see 95% positive comments for annie for once!

Annie, u try o. I don’t think I have that strength or heart. to remain with a man who cheated not once or twice. I pray Innocent realizes what he has and shows that he appreciates it.

24. miss

January 27, 2015 at 7:45 am

hmm only a lady with a very low self esteem will do what annie did. a relationship couldn’t work out btw you 2 as a result of the mans philandering but you think a wedding ring suddenly makes everything ok?? issokay. has tuface changed? 5 years from now , i do hope that love will be strong enuf to sustain you guys. its true what the say…children from broken homes almost always end up in broken marriages themselves.

25. Lili

January 27, 2015 at 7:55 am

Annie, i just love ur honesty

26. derhmy

January 27, 2015 at 8:16 am

‘…No, I’m married to Innocent’ Respect babe! shows me u have a real gud understanding of what marriage is! Its not all about the hype when hes on stage or in front of the cameras…it all ends when he gets home and walks in through that door, he just wants to be Mr Innocent Idibia and be treated like every normal man would…….hmmm #foodforthought #lovemesomeannie

27. RIFF RAFF

January 27, 2015 at 8:51 am

This Annie is a real shock absorber. And to think that after this interview, there are pics of her husband deep-kissing Pero in his Rumors Club, splashed all over the internet. Tubaba should really learn to value his wife. Stop humiliating her like that.

28. Jules

January 27, 2015 at 10:31 am

to be honest, I believe she was there bcos of d money. why will u still go ahead and marry him after he has 5 children outside. All the comment is for camera, even if you watch her video interview, aw she roll her eyes when she talk of tuface, you will knw its not real

29. Nkechi

January 27, 2015 at 10:41 am

What don’t I like about Annie….. hmmmmm nothing! I just love her! her simplicity, honesty is awesome. Shes so natural. Keep being you babe!

30. Adelaide