Music

Just Beautiful! Watch Cobhams Asuquo’s “Ordinary People” Video

Cobhams Asuquo - Dec 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01
We likey.

Cobhams Asuquo‘s new music video – Ordinary People is so beautiful. It was directed by Eric Haviv of Fugo Studios.

Enjoy!

1. Author Uknown

January 1, 2015 at 4:42 am

I loooove this song. The video is equally beautiful. What I don’t like so much is the fact that the video does not in any form feature everyday African people in Africa. Maybe the idea is to be more appealing to the western audience, but if we don’t celebrate ourselves with beautiful songs as this, who will?

• May

January 1, 2015 at 10:58 am

Sorry o cut in but you do know Cobhams is blind, right? So I dont think colour of people is an issue to him. More than anything it is a sign that people are people and what matters is our heart.

• Author Unknown

January 2, 2015 at 4:39 am

That I know, but, sorry O, did you know that the creative directors are responsible for music videos, more so than the artiste? Is Eric Haviv of Fugo Studios visually impaired?

• Deborah

January 1, 2015 at 1:12 pm

I actually disagree with this statement. ” the video does not in any form feature everyday African people in Africa. ” . My Question is what does the everyday African people look like? The big Media Stations don’t want to see this idea of Cobhams Asuquo’s ORDINARY PEOPLE. We need to change the “Africa” media perception. do want to see hungry children, disease stricken children video from 4 years ago, or animals? I DONT DISPUTE THIS OCCURS IN AFRICA BUT WHAT ABOUT AMERICA, CUBA, LONDON…my darling it happens around the world. Who says some people in the video are not Africans. He could have shot the same video in Lagos without you knowing it was shot in Lagos.
      I think ORDINARY PEOPLE not only speaks to AFRICANS, but citizens of the world in general.

• Author Unknown

January 2, 2015 at 4:55 am

Babe, clearly you’ve never been to Lagos for you to think that video was shot here. The only way it could have been shot in Lagos is if it was in a film studio. And how do you plan to change the media’s perception of what ordinary people in Africa look like with a very American video?

• NaijaPikin

January 1, 2015 at 3:40 pm

It is not supposed to be an African or Naija video. Ordinary people of the world, of God. Sometimes we speak of racism, ethnism, discrimination without realizing that we practice it.

Video has white pple, black people, old people, young people. All people of God. A man cannot have only one vision. Creativity means stepping out of your box. Cobhams is a naija man, he has done naija songs, he has done naija videos, now let his creativity soar as he tries other new things.

And open your mind, life is bigger than naija or Africa. Just enjoy any life that is beautiful

2. Tee

January 1, 2015 at 4:50 am

Great! Amazing! Beautiful! Bless!

3. onye

January 1, 2015 at 5:04 am

Oh what a beautiful way to start 2015.
    God bless you Cobhams!

4. @edDREAMZ

January 1, 2015 at 6:57 am

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Will check it on youtube…. I love the song though…
    *GLO BRING 3G TO KONTAGORA*
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

5. Person

January 1, 2015 at 7:10 am

As poignant as the first time I heard this song, almost ten years ago at a CLF concert. Love the song and the video!

• Missy J

January 1, 2015 at 8:50 am

Things someone see on BN ehn??!! Which 10 years ago? This song was released either last or last two years. 10years ago and it was nominated for last year’s Headies?? Naaah Person.

• Deedara

January 1, 2015 at 3:36 pm

CLF is a campus fellowship I believe. Obviously the song wasn’t released 10 years ago, @person is just saying that he wrote the song a while back and performed it at a CLF event.

• Person

January 2, 2015 at 7:37 am

Don’t be silly! Cobhams PLAYED THIS SONG at a CLF Concert in Ife while I was there. And I remember because it was and is still a beautiful song. I said ‘almost ten’. I didn’t say ten. Almost is a qualifier, you know. And when he played it, he said he had NEVER played it anywhere else 🙂

• mrs O!

January 2, 2015 at 1:03 pm

The song has been around a while. cohbams did d song sometime around 10yrs ago when he was in unilag…so d person that said they heard it at CLF was right. D song has been etched in my memory from back then.

6. Kevin

January 1, 2015 at 9:22 am

That’s a Grammy…

7. Pipi

January 1, 2015 at 9:39 am

This song this song….. The video was perfect asin perfect showing how simple actions lead to something greater then we can imagine or know.

8. Pipi

January 1, 2015 at 9:39 am

Than*

9. derin

January 1, 2015 at 10:10 am

this is really nice song and i love with cobhams Asuquos

10. damsel

January 1, 2015 at 10:16 am

Cobhams is one of the best Naija got.

11. Mush

January 1, 2015 at 10:43 am

@missyJ- Cobhams has been singing and performing this doing for a very long time. He only decided to record and release it last year. @person is actually correct.

12. roastcornandube

January 1, 2015 at 11:26 am

Awe-inspiring, ‘goose-bumping’, uplifting!!!

13. ty

January 1, 2015 at 11:35 am

fantastic song. God bless Cobhams.. Naija’s finest artist

14. jaykay zieuwa

January 1, 2015 at 11:54 am

I luv ds song. Hope our Nigerian artistes learn from him-not always singing songs about money and derogatory songs abt women.

15. Bam Bam

January 1, 2015 at 12:23 pm

The song and the video is just awesome!!! Looovvveeee it!

16. dammy

January 1, 2015 at 1:37 pm

Thank God for cobhams!!! but must Nigerians complain, whats with the concept of his video? I absolutely love it!!

17. Deedara

January 1, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Such a beautiful song and video, great message.

18. Chinwe

January 1, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Beautiful song, beautiful video..God bless Cobhams…

19. PACE

January 1, 2015 at 5:49 pm

God bless you Cobhams. Continue flying the flag up high. Floreat!!!

20. Hogan

January 1, 2015 at 5:50 pm

Beautiful song! Here is a visually impaired Nigerian artist making a lovely song that should be supported by firms and companies through endorsements. No!,they choose to support those that write and sing songs that constantly harm our hear drums and erodes the vocabulary of our youths. Well done Cobhams! and shame on companies that would not jump at giving him an endorsement.

21. Cynthia

January 1, 2015 at 5:51 pm

Cobhams thank you for blessing me with this song

22. OnPoint

January 1, 2015 at 7:14 pm

I tried to convince myself that it couldn’t have been a Nigerian that did this song when I first heard it over the radio. I was amazed to know it was Cobhams at the end of the song…Moral of the story: ‘Ordinary’ people can indeed do extraordinary things

23. Maxine

January 1, 2015 at 7:18 pm

A beautiful song written by a beautiful person. Challenges those of us that can see but choose not to really see. God bless you Cobhams. Quality, precision and HNY!

24. Jack Achi

January 1, 2015 at 7:51 pm

Absolutely Amazing… Thank you Cobhe!!!

25. Meena

January 1, 2015 at 8:50 pm

Most people that like Naija Music wont like this video cuz there are no gyrating bums, no overly sexualized women, no new dance step, no bottles of booze that shows how rich the artist is, no crazy effects, no fancy cars…etc You get the message, Nigerian music is monotonous even by the so called “award winning artists’ its refreshing to see something that looks so effortlessly awesome, This is an epic song, it shows humanity, I’ve never met Cobhams but this has inspired me as a person. I hope people see and hear the message behind the song and not all the trappings of the ‘world’
    *Now clicking Replay*

26. aljagz

January 1, 2015 at 8:55 pm

Wow and this is his frst official video….so on point#TeamCamp

27. peo

January 1, 2015 at 11:43 pm

Lord Jesus I thank you for Cobhams#tearyeyes

28. Tosin

January 2, 2015 at 1:33 am

Merci beaucoup.

29. ivie

January 2, 2015 at 3:23 am

This is it!!! God bless you cobhams. I love your songs. Keeping soaring high!!
    Soft memo to companies that lashes out endorsements to Artist.. kindly endorse Cobhams he’s a big deal. Enough of bum bum shaking artist being endorsed alone. Celebrate true talent, creativity, and Inspiration ,for a great change and focus. Thanks in advanced #concerned fan 😀

30. T4Toyin

January 2, 2015 at 3:58 am

While I enjoy the senseless music that I can gyrate to, THIS is beautiful music! I hope 2015 brings more songs like this in the naija music scene.

31. ms.b

January 2, 2015 at 5:27 am

AMAZING

32. oluwakayode

January 2, 2015 at 9:13 am

The location is chosen to market the song for the international market. But this could still have been done by ensuring a heavy xonxentration of Africanness with pockets of Caucasian representation. I think our artistes do not affiliate their videos to an opporrunity to market the continent or mental de-colonisation. Location means a lot. He could have gor this same setting in SA and had Africans to play the role. That aside Cobhams is a terrific artiste. I wish he released tracks more often

33. aysha

January 2, 2015 at 10:57 pm

This is awesome… God bless Cobhams…

34. Gift Itobo

January 3, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Amazing song and video Bro. Gbu

35. Chinagorom Martin

January 4, 2015 at 9:18 pm

Best thing I have heard from an African musician, past or present.

36. Zimackos

February 1, 2015 at 8:18 am

The first time i heard this over the radio, i never believed it was WRITTEN by a Nigerian- though i’ve learnt Cobham before then. First time i heard Cobs, it was “i’ll still choose to worship you…” that was also mind-blowing and inspiring. Then this, huuuu!!! I wish i could watch the video…no mb to download.
    Cob, you’re my fresh inspiriation. I’ll like to make songs like this- actually i’ve written quiet a lot….similar to urs…just no oppourtunity to release them yet.
    Guys, watch out for “Zimackos- He’s With me”. That would be my first debut…dont know when…but soon