Scoop

Uti Nwachukwu Writes: 3 Issues Nigerian Leaders Should Start Rebuilding With

Uti NwachukwuNigerian model, actor and TV personality Uti Nwachukwu has written a new piece exclusively for BN.

In this new piece he talks about politics in Nigeria and the 3 issues of Nigeria that its leaders should address.

Read

I don come again o!!! Yes I know that’s what some will be saying! Well get used to it cos Baba Jesus won’t let me disappear anytime soon ()

So I’m not one to delve into political matters but at 32, i think it would be cowardly not to share my thoughts and speak up for my generation and MY KIND!

Now it’s a bit worrisome when people come to me to ask me what’s the state of Naija now!? Is it time to relocate? Wetin I fit do if I come back?
Yes I’m going to say it here. I’m one of those that say Abeg if you have a well-paying job.. stay back now. Unless you are coming back to be employed as an expatriate, work in an oil company or *clears throat * go into politics. Because if you do not own a business empire or if you’re not the leading choice in your field (like say entertainment, import/export, Agriculture..etc) THEN DONT BOTHER FOR NOW O…cos you cannot cope!
About 6 or 7 of my friends have actually come to see for themselves and they ran back with their shoes on their heads saying : men Una de try o! How do you cope?!!! I was like ohoooo oooo! No oooo Lol.
Don’t get me wrong o…home is home and there’s nothing better than that. But if you have spent a long Time outside the country, you will literally run mad trying to settle back here.
Now what were their issues……

No 1 .. POWER!!!!!
It’s absurd!!! LUDICROUS (my favorite word Hehe), UNTHINKABLE! INSULTING!! That at this stage we still suffer loss of electricity?!!! How can little businesses survive?! There are young people trying to start out businesses  but they collapse because over 70% of their capital and or profit  is spent on running their generators!! Even the big ones charge you an arm and a leg to patronize their services just because they run their generators almost 24 hours a day! A generator in every home has now been accepted as a norm! Smh smh smh!!! I know how much I have paid just to enjoy interrupted 24hours electricity supply!!! It’s ridiculous!!! My friend Cheri once said it’s all about division of gain…REALLY??? At the expense of the common man?!!!! It’s so so bad that sometimes you hear people saying ..’ahh this one that there has been ‘Light’ since morning ..now it’s afternoon and them never take am. We go hear am for the next few days o!’  Or you hear..”them don really try today OOO!!!” Wait try for what ?? For executing what we are paying for?!!! Gattttssssbyyyyy!!!! Have we really been pushed to accept this level of mediocrity??! Na wah o!!! You know WE ARE NOT ASKING MUCH FROM OUR LEADERS..we know Rome wasn’t built in a day! But habah!!! POWER!! Power!! Power!!! Give us power Na???abeeeg!
You see once we have steady power supply. A LOT OF THINGS WILL CHANGE FOR THE BETTER!!! THIS IS THE TRANSFORMATION WE ARE ASKING FOR… let’s start from power at least!!! 24hours supply every day!!! We can do it!!!! And watch as our youth thrive!!

No 2 SECURITY
SMH. Don’t even get me started here. We are not even talking about the apparent national security issues. We are talking about day to day security! Going out and coming in! Response to threat! Execution of Justice! Protecting the life of the everyday man. Let me put it this way. I think we would all feel safer if we all had our own entourage of security (pun intended)… OUR LEADERS NEED TO BEEF UP SECURITY IN EVERY LGA! I rest my case.

No 3 HEALTHCARE
My goodness! Shoutout to the Nigerian doctors that work hard every day to use their limited resources to save lives. But meeeen! Even the so called good hospitals a times are unbelievably unprofessional. Kai kaikai!!! Where do I start here? Is it the case of my relative that had kidney stones and it took 3days to detect after how many scans (we literally had to have agreement prayer and the next day it was detected…smh) I won’t even tell you what they were suggesting at first! Or a friend who had a condition that required a simple fluid extraction but our dear naija were suggesting amputation?! Or is it the cases where malignant (cancerous) tumors were removed like they were benign (non-cancerous??) which led to a more aggressive spread of the disease months later?!! Is it the maternal deaths? Is it the state of the average hospitals?? WHERE SHOULD I START….do you know how many people have to fly out of the country to get proper diagnosis and effective long term treatment? Even simple checkup routines sef o!!
COME ON DEAR LEADERS!! Instead of joining the others to fly out to receive great healthcare, why not rectify and develop our hospitals to international state of the art standards so we can all enjoy the benefits!!

There are other issues from JOBS to Education to transportation to Injustice but if I touch on it. Una go say e too long. Lol.
But REALLY THO! We need LEADERS that can at least start with these 3 simultaneously! Is it really too much to ask?? WE CAN AFFORD IT!  Our international reputation is dwindling day by day! The young people are earnestly searching for ways to travel out or hustle here in Nigeria via any MEANS POSSIBLE to survive.  Countries are beginning to treat our citizens like they are doing us a favour by accommodating them. Smh
Change and transform this country and watch it blossom and become one of the most sort after!

I don’t know it all. And I’m not perfect. I’m simply a man that relates with the everyday man and now it’s time to let people out there know exactly what we want. I know and believe Nigeria is a great and wonderful country! Our potentials are endless and possibilities limitless! With God on our side WE WILL SUCCEED!! It’s not about promises. It’s about execution
It starts……….NOW
And remember,
IT ALWAYS BEGINS WITH A CHOICE…….

1. AAA Events and Design

February 18, 2015 at 1:18 pm

Hmmmmmmmmm nice

2. Tj

February 18, 2015 at 1:21 pm

Couldn’t have said it better, well written, Please give us POWER!!!!!

• RIFF RAFF

February 18, 2015 at 3:30 pm

And those generators are so noisy and smelly. I don’t even have to choose between air and sound pollution: I have to go thru both.

3. hmmm

February 18, 2015 at 1:39 pm

Couldn’t have said it any better. These are the three main areas that any incoming government should focus on. fixing the power sector will go a long way in complementING the efforts of the health sector (in terms of the use of modern health care equipments). In essence, These things are complementary. The guarantee of security would also attract FDI, not to say that we dont have foreign companies currentlying investing in Nigeria, but security and stable power supply could further improve our prospects.

4. Nma

February 18, 2015 at 1:48 pm

You have said it all. I support your emotions

5. Dark lovely

February 18, 2015 at 1:52 pm

These three are the major issues. It’s what is needed for an everyday, normal life. The past nigerian leaders haven’t been able to accomplish any let alone Jonathan’s regime. It’s very unfortunate that these leaders are focused on expanding their own personal pockets, embezzling money, doing whatever and nobody holds them accountable for it. Former PDP joining APC is like recycling thieves, so they want to steal in a different way.

Rome wasn’t built a day is such a failed excuse. It’s allowed these incompetent leaders to continue their foolishness. However, Nigeria should be progressing not deteriorating. By now, Nigeria should have one stable necessity, and moving close enough to something tangible.

Entertainment industry seems to be the new flourishing industry and politics has always been the Safe haven for thieves but that’s not for everybody. Bottom of this, Nigerians are very selfish, and greedy people. I’ve never seen a group boast in their academic accolades but can’t apply it. What is the point of learning without application and be practical. Practical, balanced, healthy Leadership is the biggest problem.

6. two different people

February 18, 2015 at 2:09 pm

the pics are 2 different people
    thanks to photo shop and other image cleaning softwares

• Yinkz

February 18, 2015 at 3:11 pm

And that had to be your only take away from all you read. I loved your comments twice in error, so get off your high horse and use your brain. God gave it to you for a purpose, don’t let him take it back!

• UFC

February 19, 2015 at 2:07 pm

Shuo!! You left the main matter and are looking at his pic! That’s the problem with Nigerians! The write up is great! And it speaks the truth

• joy

February 19, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Smh Smh even when photo shopped or photo bombed or whatever. Uti in real life, flesh nd blood is a million times hotter than the average fine guy. So badbelle no vex say u be like chimpanzee. Its not his fault. Next time pray to be an offspring of good looking people. #ItsWhatItIs

• Vivikaka

February 19, 2015 at 5:01 pm

That’s all you saw in this brilliant write up
      You are after Uti’s looks. Brainless. Nice one Uti.

7. Tim

February 18, 2015 at 3:02 pm

Nicely said Sir Uti.

8. Cynthia

February 18, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Is he wearing lipstick?

• UFC

February 19, 2015 at 2:10 pm

No! He isn’t wearing lipstick! I’ve watched him clean those lips with a hankie before and shown curious people that it’s how Baba God created him. Meanwhile,read his post! Well written!

9. le coco

February 18, 2015 at 3:41 pm

but his makeup sha.. asin.. everytym I c him his makeup is soo obvious

• joy

February 19, 2015 at 4:51 pm

Lol funny he’s more handsome in person than in pix. So if he’s wearing makeup, then I really think he should stop. Nevertheless doesn’t change the fact that the article is brilliant and a serious issue for the government and politicians to consider, and also that Uti is super Cute. *SideEye*

10. lawrence

February 18, 2015 at 4:14 pm

nice write up from Uti Nwachukwu.

11. blow

February 18, 2015 at 6:03 pm

No, I didn’t read the article,,,,, I just started my dreadlock journey and all I have to say is, please UTI, you are a man, I want your mane; will give u mine. Thank you

12. chitex

February 18, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Lovely piece Uti. Keep doing what your doing. Maybe one day your voice will be heard

13. BIMS

February 18, 2015 at 9:13 pm

Well said UTI. These three basic things are what we need to live better lives really. We at least deserve these things, the common man is really sufferring in Naija ooo. God will sha help us….

14. mrs chidukane

February 18, 2015 at 9:50 pm

I love you Uti!!!! I’m definitely your biggest fan and yes, I agree with all you wrote above

15. Diana sossa

February 19, 2015 at 12:58 am

It so pathetic…….to see Nigeria still struggling in building their nation. Nigerians r one of the most gifted people i have ever meet but yet they go through such hard time home and abroad………..smh

16. concerned

February 19, 2015 at 8:41 am

I’m impressed. I didn’t think I’d agree with Uti on everything but I do. Nice job, Uti.

17. Tosin

February 19, 2015 at 10:01 am

I also want to link up Africa physically. I want to be able to take a train to Accra, on to Dakar, up to Tunis and Egypt/Libya. I say ride, my friend says drive. So yeah, let’s do it.

moved on

18. JJ

February 19, 2015 at 11:37 am

JOBS!

19. uma

February 19, 2015 at 4:16 pm

If @all they can do just this 3 tins for us, den tins will really turn out good in dis country

20. Michael

February 19, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Uti na man u be jor!solidly standing beside u on this write-up.another brilliant one bro.it just doesn’t baffle me that Nigeria is still down the ladder.with 100million people ‘zombie-ing’ and the e nor concern me as long as I’m getting mine people are full of it,,so what do we expect?,thats why we are where we . allowing the so-called leaders get away with every mediocrity dy churn out daily is a crime,plus we praise them for it. and we depend too much on govt too for almost everything.we as citizens need to ‘subcheck’ our selves.,for me,input=output.what u give is what u get.citizens need to apply themselves plus using that matter in the head labelled a brain effectively.just as I see here,some peops left the message and ‘faced’ the messenger. 90% of all social media protesters would not go and vote either..wanna go russian roulette on that?

21. kike Jay

February 19, 2015 at 7:54 pm

Let me start with power, do you know people pay Nepa bills of 16k, 20k 25k even when they don’t have light for 3 out of 4 weeks in a month. Who do you thinks takes this bills, it doesn’t get to the govt, it’s Nepa officials that pocket it. Prepaid meters shuld be in every household by now, but Nepa officials have made it impossible to get because they know people would only pay for what they use, if they have prepaid meters. Now these Nepa officials do not want the light issue to solve. This show we are a people working against ourselves.

Security- I know many police stations, where the DPO’s recruit about 10 officers and the deal they strike with these new recruits is that, “look you are not qualified, I would just help you get into the force, I would be collecting your salary monthly, you must use your uniform and gun to hustle for money on the streets, what you make at checkpoints is not my business”. If a DPO strikes this deal with 10 officers, with a 50k salary each, that’s a 50 bonus for him monthly. Now you know why the police at checkpoints are so desperate to get every 50naira. Now all these are doing s of the Nigerian people. So we see now that we ourselves we are not ready to move with the change we’re asking for

22. Emmanuel Adeyemi