Ahead of the presidential elections scheduled to hold on Saturday, March 28th, the Department of State Services (DSS) is giving voters some security tips to observe.
Here’s a summary of the tips, as reported by Premium Times:
- Be wary of persons who dress in “loose or bulky midriff clothing”
- Remain vigilant in crowded environments before, during and after the elections and abide by all stipulated guidelines emplaced to ensure peaceful conduct
- Look out for unattended bags, luggage, dustbins, strange containers and other suspicious items
- All vehicles, motorcycles, tricycles and bicycles must be parked far away from the polling stations
- All forms of trading should be discouraged, suspicious persons, activities and movements should be promptly reported to security agents
“Once again, we restate our commitment to ensuring a peaceful atmosphere for all Nigerians to contribute toward strengthening our democracy,” said Marilyn Ogar, the DSS spokesperson.