Style

Queen Serena! 19-Time Grand Slam Champion Serena Williams covers Vogue’s April ’15 Issue

Serena Williams - BellaNaija - March 2015

This is the 2nd time Serena Williams is getting the coveted spot on the cover of Vogue and we are loving her bold look.

Shot by Annie Leibovitz, Serena is rocking a Rag & Bone sheath dress, with long, dark & culry hair blowing behind her and a neutral makeup look.

The April 2015 issue sees Serena talk about her friendship with tennis rival Caroline Wozniacki, fitness, forgiveness and her intent of expanding her current clothing line to the Home Shopping Network. Read more on Vogue.com.

Serena Williams - BellaNaija - March 2015001

The issue will hit stands on Wednesday 23rd March 2015.

1. Ngozi

March 22, 2015 at 3:17 pm

Omg!!!!!!!!! My inspiration…. She’s slaying here, love the fierce and “I am gonna beat you” face. Lol.. Congrats sarin. She’s been through so much and yet she’s still standing and number one.. Very happy to see a successful sports woman on vogue cover!! Well done Anna wintour. Will buy a copy.

2. Anon

March 22, 2015 at 5:01 pm

Morris Chestnut-like. She looks much better than this.

3. Sipi

March 22, 2015 at 6:17 pm

Nothing against Serena, but that vogue cover is terribly unflattering. Surely they could have made her look a little better than this.

• David Nwachukwu

March 22, 2015 at 7:11 pm

I agree, I would have loved a more “fashion” dress. but I’m happy all the same.

• EllesarisEllendil

March 22, 2015 at 7:30 pm

How exactly. Photoshop??? She looks good to me, different strokes I guess.

4. EllesarisEllendil

March 22, 2015 at 7:33 pm

Lets put it into perspective, she’s the greatest sportswoman of all time and one of the greatest athletes of all time period. The greatest tennis player of all time, even Baba Federer doesn’t have 19, I repeat 19!! grand-slams.
    The only American I famz as having Nigerian blood. Serena Okemmadu Williams. Ndewo!!!

• Tatler

March 22, 2015 at 8:39 pm

Oh no they ain’t. Quite a number of AAs and even black britons take on african names, particulary nigerian names and that is just the case with them too.
      allafrica.com/stories/201211010711.html

• Anon

March 23, 2015 at 6:41 am

The G.O.A.T in the female category is Steffi Graf by the numbers. You cannot compare the number of grand slams a man has won to the number a woman has won. It’s harder for the men and that’s why their prize money isn’t at par.

• Dee-USA

March 24, 2015 at 3:18 am

But all the Grand Slams pay equal prize money. Most of the none Grand Slam tournaments like the Indian Wells Open (California) and Ericsson Open (Miami), the two biggest non-Grand Slam tournaments, play a best of three sets for both the men and women, so you can’t make the argument outside of non-Grand Slams. So you’re apparently not entirely correct. It has nothing to do with the pay. So maybe just stick to your argument of it being harder for the man physically and leave it there. Let’s stop comparing women to men when it comes to equity of pay. A man was genetically created to be stronger than the woman, so men already have a physical advantage over women. I really hope you’re a tennis player to know what you’re talking about.

• Anon

March 24, 2015 at 3:29 pm

Dee-USA – Grand Slams do not pay the same prize money. You are stupid for being patronising. I won’t waste my time with you. Nitwit.

• Dee-USA

March 25, 2015 at 1:55 am

Lol. You are hilarious….and clearly clueless. I don’t think you should waste your time with me either. You should utilize Google and do just a little bit of research. Then you’d know they pay equal prize money. Once again, you better be posting your proof otherwise, to be so certain they do not pay equal pay. But it irks me when people argue emphatically and are clearly wrong.

• Dee-USA

March 25, 2015 at 1:58 am

You know what, I’ll save you the difficulty it may take you to do your research. Here, thank me later: washingtonpost.com/blogs/on-leadership/wp/2014/09/05/how-womens-tennis-fought-for-equal-pay/

5. Angel

March 22, 2015 at 11:02 pm

This is one Queen I have so much respect for, the vogue cover is fab, this tennis Queen can do no wrong in my eyes.

6. Tosin

March 22, 2015 at 11:10 pm

Strong. Strong. Yes!

7. Bella

March 23, 2015 at 9:59 am

The colour on her skin worked for me on the cover, so tired of all this light photo shopping. So I like.