Relationships

Ubi Franklin on Dating Emma Nyra – ‘That relationship made me cut off a lot of people and…like everybody wanted the same cake I was having’

Triple-MG-BN-Music-April-2014-BellaNaija-02In a very open interview with The Cable, Triple MG boss Ubi Franklin confirms his relationship with Emma Nyra while also talking about what made them break things off as well as the lessons he has learned from that relationship.

He also talks about his soon-to-be wife, Lilian Esoro – how they met, why their relationship was not publicized and much more.

Read excerpts from the interview below.

On dating Emma Nyra: I was dating Emma Nyra and the relationship didn’t go as I thought it should have gone. When you’re dating somebody and you are the boss, there are things you can’t tell your wife or your girlfriend. But if you say it to an employee you are dating, they tend to misbehave. Like, if you tell the others to do something, they will obey without thinking about it. It’s not only me but it has happened to a lot of people, but that is the business lesson I’ve learnt in my life…That relationship made me cut off a lot of people and it also made me feel like everybody wanted the same ‘cake’ I was having. I spent a lot of time trying to beef people when I am not supposed to. It really dealt me a big blow. I decided in the end that it doesn’t make any sense and we both understood that and moved on.

On building Emma Nyra’s music career: I am just praying to God that everything goes well because I have really tried. I don’t think that I have spent as much money on Iyanya as I’ve spent on Emma Nyra. Emma has like nine videos at about N3.5m. She has a lot of materials out there. For Emma, I just believe that when God says it’s her time, it’s her time. I’ve tried to fix the whole American thing for a while but I still pray God gives her the hit I think she deserves because I’ve spent a lot of money on her.

Ubi Franklin & Lilian Esoro

On meeting Lilian Esoro: I met Lilian, my fiancee, at a friend’s party a few months ago, towards the end of last year. I’d been seeing her around before then but I’m a one-woman-one-man kind of guy. I don’t know how some people feel about that. If I am dating one person, I am all about that person. I’ve seen her a couple of times at events because I know she used to work for AY. I used to wonder who she was but I just passed by. But God just finally said we should get talking. The first day I met her, I told her I was going to marry her because her environment was so good for me.

On their quick engagement: I’ve dated different girls in my lifetime but I believe when you meet a woman that you are going to marry you would know. You might date someone for 10 years and still not get married but the day you meet the person that you are going to marry, you will know.

On their personal lives: I met her after I had broken up with Emma, about four months after. Immediately I saw her, I said ‘You are my wife’. She took it like ‘I don’t know what this guy is saying’. She’s everything I can ever ask God for. She’s very brilliant, she can cook. She’s usually quiet and more reserved. She’s not one of those actresses who are just out there and all over the place. She’s very subtle with everything she does. Even to post pictures on Instagram. The reason many people never knew we were dating is that she didn’t want us to post any pictures on Instagram. I wanted to put up pictures but she told me that if we made it a social media relationship, then it wouldn’t last.

Ubi Franklin’s interview seems quite different from a recent interview Emma Nyra had with Golden Icons where she denied ever dating him (click here if you missed it).

To read Ubi Franklin’s full interview with The Cable, click here.

Photo Credit: Instagram

1. Bisi

April 20, 2015 at 2:14 pm

*Sips Tea* Waiting for your comments lol

• Kadara

April 20, 2015 at 4:26 pm

I think the guy is a douche! The babe has denied you for whatever reason and you are with another woman so no need for this. The gentlemanly thing would be to decline talking about her. Since he is in the mood to admit things, is he also admitting to being a Woman-beater?

• kadarshain

April 20, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Kadara, u douche pass
      e dey pain you?
      deal with it

• Lucky Miles

April 20, 2015 at 10:29 pm

Why is he a douche? Because he FINALLY decided to draw a line under the lies and come clean about sleeping with his artist? He should have mentioned the rumoured violence in the relationship but that’s another story… :/
      Since the start of Emma Nyra ‘career’ she has been going up and down talking about her relationship status to anyone who will listen because SHE HAS NOTHING ELSE TO TALK ABOUT!
      1. Her music is WACK!
      2. She dresses like a teenage prostitute!
      3. She cannot sing!
      4. She only got signed to MMMG because she was warming Ubi’s bed! Hence why she’s been denying it all this time out of shame!
      5. She put up with being mistreated by her ex Ubi all for free music videos and getting her rent paid… Disgraceful!

My advise to Emma Nyra would be to GO AND GET A JOB that doesn’t involve you sleeping with your boss or a job that doesn’t require you doing something you will have to deny in public out of shame!
      If you have to lie about what you do in private then your shouldn’t be doing it!
      Stop being lazy and finance your own career!
      Value yourself more! She preaches about female empowerment and she’s a contradiction and shameful liar!
      And another thing…your music is terrible!
      If Ubi was REALLY spending N3.5mil Naira and Emma Nyra is still flopping then it’s safe to say that music isn’t her calling!
      Maybe Emma Nyra should become a lingerie model since she’s allergic to wearing clothes!

2. roci

April 20, 2015 at 2:16 pm

hahahahahaha

3. Ginika

April 20, 2015 at 2:20 pm

All I can say is, when I watched Emma’s interview, watching her body language and how she said she never dated Ubi and she hasnt left tripple MG with a straight face, despite recent events and all, I just saw a very goof bluffer/liar.

I dont know her personally but from her body languages in previous pictures with Ubi, the rumours and her behaviour of deleting the Tripple MG contact from her instagram page, gives me the impression something happened between the both of them.

I am on no ones side just an observer cause quite frankly, whether they did or not wont help accomplish my life goals!

BN has really kept me company these past few weeks. I am enjoying thia opportunity while it lasts. My number one source for Nigeria related gist/info. Thanks team BN!

4. Ochouba Chidinma

April 20, 2015 at 2:21 pm

**All the best Ubi and Lilly** God Bless Your Union!!……..

5. Kiiki

April 20, 2015 at 2:22 pm

Chei! Emma though… the girl literally swore that she never dated Ubi :'(

• legit

April 20, 2015 at 7:26 pm

yea they never dated. He just gave her that D (like Big sean will say)…. no mind her, na yankee brain dey worry her

6. Valentina

April 20, 2015 at 2:23 pm

WTF! Haba guy, u should have held back on somethings naw especially after reading her interview. Lord deliver us

• Olohi

April 21, 2015 at 3:59 pm

As in, even talking about the exact amount he spent on her. What a loser. Village champion. Girls, please don’t date mofos like this. Smh! What an interview, you can tell he has a fish brain. Good luck Lilian! Since Adaeze Yobo didn’t hook you up with a footballer, you can make do with Ubi. Pointless interview!

7. Scared Homosapien

April 20, 2015 at 2:23 pm

But she just swore she didn’t date you, on TV for that matter. Who we wan believe now? hehehehe…. i already know.

• Olohi

April 21, 2015 at 4:00 pm

It’s either she put him in the friend zone, or they dated and she broke up with him. He seems hurt. Someone please take him for therapy.

8. Okokobioko

April 20, 2015 at 2:23 pm

HABA!

But emma said y’all never dated nah!

una TWO nor geh sense!

How does this even reduce the price of $?

#SHIFTBIKO!

9. Fifi

April 20, 2015 at 2:24 pm

Abeg did emma not swear she never dated him lol ahhhhh the girl is a liar shame on her

10. mamahenz

April 20, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Abomo!

11. Beeeee

April 20, 2015 at 2:29 pm

From the way she answered the question about his engagement, I knew they had dated before. But you are in the public eye, why tell all those lies. You could have just said “no comment” and moved on

• Jay

April 21, 2015 at 4:03 pm

She doesn’t need to “tell lies”. Just cause she’s in the public eye(s) doesn’t mean she has to be a 100% detailed about her personal life. Our business is her music, not her personal life. She owes no one an explanation.

• Beeeee

April 22, 2015 at 12:26 pm

She doesn’t have to be 100% detailed so she should lie? It is public knowledge that they were dating. Even before this whole drama started. I do agree that she owes no one an explanation which is why she should have said “no comment”…..

12. mary

April 20, 2015 at 2:30 pm

Fear catch me when I saw Emma’s interview. I know for sure they dated.

13. Miss_Flygerian

April 20, 2015 at 2:31 pm

“I am just praying to God that everything goes well because I have really tried. I don’t think that I have spent as much money on Iyanya as I’ve spent on Emma Nyra. Emma has like nine videos at about N3.5m. She has a lot of materials out there. For Emma, I just believe that when God says it’s her time, it’s her time. I’ve tried to fix the whole American thing for a while but I still pray God gives her the hit I think she deserves because I’ve spent a lot of money on her.”

Loool….the shade is real.

• Beeeee

April 20, 2015 at 2:50 pm

As in ehn……he hopes all goes well so he can get his money back and not because of her talent…..chaiiiiiii.

14. dior

April 20, 2015 at 2:32 pm

bellanaija be looking for trouble, let d comments roll in *drum roll*

15. DAME

April 20, 2015 at 2:34 pm

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Emma shud not have lied na…..cause there were more than 4 pple who definitely knew you guys including the UBI himself…she should have chosen another path that an outright obvious lie .
    OH WELL !

16. Hmmmm

April 20, 2015 at 2:34 pm

Pele Emma, I understand how deeply hurt you must have felt about the break-up, but denying a once public relationship was highly uncalled for. In life, we win some and we lose some. I pray you find a man more deserving of you. Ubi, hope you have truly found peace now with Lilian? Be Very Sure! I wish you the best.

• Jay

April 21, 2015 at 4:08 pm

I know right. I’m already feeling sorry for him and Lilian. If he’s doing this (engagement) because of Emma and to spite her, I can only feel sorry for him and Lilian. Even that Lilian, she was all over other guys just last year, now Ubi. Na wa. For some girls, marriage, (regardless of who it is), is the ultimate achievement and goal in life, so sad. I’m sure he thinks he has disgraced Emma in this interview, true, but he has also disgraced himself and Lilian. Smh to think these are people we call celebrities, damn!!

17. Anita

April 20, 2015 at 2:35 pm

If it’s true she date Ubi, then it must also be true Ubi used to beat her up.

18. Anita

April 20, 2015 at 2:35 pm

*dated*

19. Ruby

April 20, 2015 at 2:39 pm

Is Ubi sure he can handle the aftermath of this interview? I’m sure he used to beat up Emma. His interview and lies would definitely open up things that shouldn’t be made public. *I just dey watch*

• Anom

April 20, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Why not? In a society like Nigeria where men get away with death, why won’t he?

His interview and lies would definitely open up things that shouldn’t be made public. Like what? If I remember from the old comments, I read he used to beat her when she cheated on him.

Some things are best left alone/unsaid. Emma should never have said anything about not dating him. There are many ways you can evade answering a question and leaving your answers up in the air.

He’s just delivered the sucker punch.

• Anon

April 20, 2015 at 3:40 pm

Anon not Anom! My eyes.

• Tombra

April 21, 2015 at 4:12 pm

Sucker punch? He just showed he is empty headed and has nothing upstairs. If you’re level-headed there are many things you do not say. Whatever comes with this, he deserves it. We should be cautious of what we say and how we say it, and be reasonable enough to think of how it can affect us. What a cretin he is.

20. goldfinch

April 20, 2015 at 2:39 pm

I think that this interview is fake?

21. khamila

April 20, 2015 at 2:40 pm

emma has been scorned.she’s obviously pained and had to deny it all.i hope she moves on with her life.she isnt obligated to discuss it with anyone and can deny it till kingdom come.
    i like Lilian,Nurse Abigail and i wish them well.
    ps:Most social media relationships don’t last.

22. ednutey

April 20, 2015 at 2:40 pm

I thot they said what u didnt eat shldn’t be found in ur s**t.Emma,oya start to explain if Ubi is saying a vision or its true super story

23. mm.a

April 20, 2015 at 2:42 pm

Ha ha..Emma this ubi’s interview shouldn’t have come out so soon so we would have forgotten ur own interviews and ur denial….of never dating him..so many lies and denials In this country even when the truth is glaring….

24. babygiwa

April 20, 2015 at 2:42 pm

He really loves Lilian. There’s a way a man can respect you even slightly more than he loves you. I can see it here. Lilian shoogar, you are IT. I wish you guys the best. And Emma, I wish you well too. Cut down on “over sexiness’ music and get a lot of content into your music and videos. Best of luck!

• Uyi

April 21, 2015 at 4:40 pm

He really loves Lilian? This is what you call love? No wonder many women today are heartbroken.

25. Beebee

April 20, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Lmao! Emma, u shouldn’t have denied it na.

26. sass

April 20, 2015 at 2:55 pm

This ubi is just funny. The girl said she didn’t date you for good reasons, couldn’t you have just done the same.
    She isn’t claiming you, forget it and now you have moved on stay moving on.

27. RIFF RAFF

April 20, 2015 at 2:57 pm

10 years ???? Chai, Ubi And as soon as u finished Emma’s market value,you’re now exercising your right to move on (since there’s nothing in place stipulating that you must stay). Where does that leave Emma?
    All the best to your endeavours, miss Nyra. Dust yourself up and get to werk. It’s not the end of the world.
    GALS , BE WISE, !!!! JESUS DIDN’T DIE FOR U TO BECOME A GUY’S FREE PASS.
    Na wah!
    Hope this unfortunate situation will get some women thinking seriously; Anything a man is not willing to sign for, he’s not serious about it. And if he’s not serious about it, it’s optional to his life. Quit being optional to a man, and start being mandatory *toolz, coughs and runs quick*

• Chiomski

April 20, 2015 at 3:33 pm

Gossipie! loll

28. LETTY

April 20, 2015 at 3:03 pm

I DONT LIKE KISS AND TELL MEN..IT’S IN VERY POOR TASTE FOR A GRWON MAN TO TALK ABOUT A PAST RELATIONSHIP..IT IS LITTLE BOYS THAT DO THAT…WHO CARES ABOUT WHO IS DATING WHO..WHEN YOU DECIDE TO GET MARRIED U CAN ANNOUNCE TO THE WORLD…MY MOM WARNED US AS LADIES GROWING UP…DO NOT PARADE URSELVES WITH MEN..RETAIN YOUR DIGNITY AND SELF RESPECT STOP PUTTING YOUR SELVES OUT ON DISPLAY FOR PPL’S VOYEURISTIC PLEASURES..

• Leaking

April 20, 2015 at 4:08 pm

Letty, your brain dey leak
      When Emma came out some days ago for her own interview, where were you?
      Its ok for a girl to do kiss and tell but childish for a guy to do abi?
      komot

• tunmi

April 20, 2015 at 4:13 pm

Question, why the all caps? I liked your comment, by the way.

29. LETTY

April 20, 2015 at 3:04 pm

I MEANT GROWN..I DETEST TYPOS

30. adizzy

April 20, 2015 at 3:04 pm

That’s true Frank…. no matter how long you date a girl, if she ain’t the one then she ain’t. But once you see your wife you just know it.

• Lanre

April 21, 2015 at 7:04 pm

well in my opinion if you know after few months u don’t c a future btw u guys call it off.y waste anyones time.most especially if they r cool..is unfair on them. I know is not easy breaking someones heart bt is beta than bin with them for 2 yrs let alone 10yrs.dont waste any ones time if u don’t c future thr.i think 6 months is enough time to know

31. Priscy

April 20, 2015 at 3:05 pm

I said it.!!!
    After all her swearing…..Ubi sef no gree defend you.

32. concerned

April 20, 2015 at 3:05 pm

This Ubi tho, what is he feeling like sef? Telling us about how he spent so much money on Emma Nyra and yet she doesn’t have a hit and la di dah. Why does he seem so smug about the whole thing? All these boys pretending to be men, lol. A real man would’ve kept it to himself. Lilian Esoro, good luck dear. Seems like you might need lots of it. Emma love, please learn to speak the truth and shame the devil. Afterall, you’re not the first girl to be dumped and you certainly won’t be the last. And while you’re at it, dump the record label already! You’ve got too much talent and are too pretty to waste your time with people who obviously don’t take you seriously

33. Yvonne

April 20, 2015 at 3:07 pm

Hehehehe
    Sh*t just hit the fan

34. My opinion

April 20, 2015 at 3:10 pm

I tot Ubi denied it first. This guy does not look real to me. Lilian should be very careful!

35. Ona

April 20, 2015 at 3:20 pm

Shit just got real! *sits*

36. O

April 20, 2015 at 3:23 pm

I knew Emma Nyra lied in her interview. Just saying..

37. Becca

April 20, 2015 at 3:34 pm

Confirming one rumour at a time. So he now says they dated, did he beat her up too?

38. LOL

April 20, 2015 at 3:55 pm

This guy’s interview is so cruel…first “the environment felt right”, more like her papa’s money smelt right!!! What of the rumours of woman beating….also the way he objectified her “I spent a lot of money on her”…..if he loved her or ever loved her, then the amount of money he spent would never be an issue. I can imagine violence in that statement. It revealed a lot. This guy is an example of naija hustling referred to in Atoke’s banter; in fact, her article was so well timed and apt. I feel sorry for the new fiancee, to think she could be with so many other types of men and she chose this one???!!!

39. orekelewa

April 20, 2015 at 4:21 pm

Emma must ve denied it to keep tins sane, now ubi shuld ve followed same,besides u both never admitted it sometime back, meaning hitting her gist is real.. I hope u both are ready for what these “I did n did not date “would bring! B grown n jus move on!!

40. BunmiAmara

April 20, 2015 at 4:21 pm

No be the same Emma just swear say she no date Ubi?’ like Linda said how will you be swearing up and down when its public knowledge? some ladies sha.i know she probably feels like she lost out but thats not a enough reason to lie. and i like how Ubi talked about there R.ship, no bashing of any sort, make we see how Emma go respond now.

41. ejogene

April 20, 2015 at 4:26 pm

This guy is not worth dating in the first place. Can’t he just keep quiet and move on! Must you dish the girl. “Just be a man about it” in Toni Braxton’s voice.

42. Onye Ara

April 20, 2015 at 4:36 pm

Lilian don enter one chance!!
    See a man’s mouth running like tap.
    What happened to “No comments”?

• tama

April 21, 2015 at 9:33 am

Like seriously.. God bless her if the relationship goes bad her tiny acting career will die.
      as my people say ” the koboko used to beat the first one is still by the corner” doing press up for your own turn.

43. ....

April 20, 2015 at 4:51 pm

Look at his small boy face..it is obvious he is heartbroken and can’t handle it..he has found a mugu to ogle all over him..I ain’t mad at Emma..uyou guys should stop vilifying her for denying the relationship..that is a really smart move…..only God knows what she went through …women shld not expose who they dated or did not date…women open ur eyes before you get married all that glitters is not gold..don’t let the pull of marriage lure you into an unhealthy situation..being in a bad marriage is way worse than being single ..a word is enough for the wise..

44. nene

April 20, 2015 at 5:01 pm

emma myra must’ve really hurt this guy, cuz he’s talking a lot more than her.

45. Yvonne

April 20, 2015 at 5:36 pm

The girl is telling lies because she is still hurt. You should give her time . I think Emma and Ubi need to have a talk.

46. Que

April 20, 2015 at 5:42 pm

“…like everybody wanted the cake I was having….” .. what was that about?….

47. melinda

April 20, 2015 at 5:51 pm

Ubi and Emma causing serious ish. here ooo who we wan believe now?? wether they dated or not doesnt put food on my table…

48. Asgrl

April 20, 2015 at 6:02 pm

This bobo nah bastard thought. Like this was his Final “F You” to Emma Nyra. The girl has been denying up and down that you didn’t date only for you to just “tu her ashiri”/”Open her Y**sh” online. Wow! What a punk! Loose Lips Sink Ships.

Emma if you sef like, be there saying you are a Triple M G artist. This kind of person can kill!

49. Steph

April 20, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. I believe they dated but how embarrassing will it be for Emma to admit that they dated and right after they break up, he’s not only with another chic but he gives her a ring. Relationships and love in general is a very tricky and sticky situation, that’s why business and pleasure isn’t supposed to be mixed in the first place. Best of luck to all parties involved sha.

50. breezy

April 20, 2015 at 7:03 pm

I honestly think Ubi did this so he can paint Emma as a liar. Therefore, if Emma comes out to say he bit her, she will look like a liar because she swore up and down that they did not date. I know a lot of people who know him and they say he’s really sneaky and cunning.

51. chy

April 20, 2015 at 7:18 pm

What Emma did was right. A good woman doesn’t talk about whom she has dated. Since Ubi has got Lilian, why reveling now. I dislike men dat has mouth diarrhea. Emma handled it so well.

52. Unlooking Reader

April 20, 2015 at 7:21 pm

Personally, i think Ubi is the bad guy in this situation. Did Emma open her mouth about anything? No!, but Oga had to throw numerous amount of shade and rude comments. Lilian watch your back oh!!

53. chika

April 20, 2015 at 7:35 pm

Ubi is a small, chewing gum,classless boy,i hope lilian upgrades u sha..he is a very mediocre guy.SHm

• Uyi

April 21, 2015 at 4:36 pm

How can Lilian upgrade him when she’s classless herself? Ha, joke of the month.

54. Makeupforbreakfast

April 20, 2015 at 7:36 pm

In other words, Emma Nyra is a cake.

55. o

April 20, 2015 at 8:12 pm

Hmmm… something about this interview doesn’t sit well with me. Who kisses and tells? I personally feel it’s a bit disrespectful to Emma and even Lilian. Talk all you want about your new love but pass on old gist na, hmm. Doesn’t look like Emma is missing much honestly

56. Idomagirl

April 20, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Nna ehn…..

57. Idomagirl

April 20, 2015 at 8:31 pm

Make SDK post this gist quick because na her comments dey get gist pass… *Sips tea*

58. Funmi

April 20, 2015 at 8:52 pm

I dont knw what planet all of you are from. If Emma had said she dated him and Ubi denied it shay we would have said that Emma mistakened a purely sexual relationship as dating. Now why cant we also give Emma the same courtesy and agree she was just shagging Ubi but poor Ubi thought they were dating. Which is the reason for his attempt at shading the poor girl.
    FYI Ubi please go and learn how to speak properly. Your grammar is atrocious. Good luck with your fiancé who is a good cook. Make sure its not just the food that is making you marry her.
    PS. I have ni frigging clue who these people are however that interview annoyed me.

• Anon

April 20, 2015 at 10:58 pm

Mistakened? Pots and kettles!

59. vienne

April 20, 2015 at 9:09 pm

Nna this ‘Loving Her Environment, romance don pass me oooooo! Biko what izz her ‘Environment’ *rolling on the floor* Father give us good environment ooo so man no go dutty us for grawnd like dixxxx. Iz tewww maash 4 me. LOL!

60. Me

April 20, 2015 at 9:21 pm

What im about to say is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH. Yes ubi dated emma first it was just business then she moved in into his house they started off with friends with benefit ubi started attaching emotions to it emma wasnt really ready to put a name on it because she was about sorting out her career but she saw that the only way ubi was ever going to concentrate on her was to date her so she went along with it hence the ‘i spent so much money on her’ but truly her heart wasnt in it. She just wanted to become the next big naija artist and ubi had the connections. He even had to buy her the NEA Award she claims to have won. So emma started getting recognized by other male artists her name was out there, she just wanted the highest bidder and went to wherever the money was large and flowing also hence the ‘everyone wanted my cake’ . A little secret, ubi is a VERY jealous person he can go crazy if he finds another man with his girl. That was how the multiple beatings started. Not once not twice and ubi was just really looking for a lady to marry, emma couldnt give him that. He got so mad because he had invested a whole lot of money in her which even caused lots of problems within his team mates, flying her first class,got her a personal stylist, expensive hotels and so on. PART ONE.

• Ona

April 20, 2015 at 10:05 pm

Osetigo! Kimon!

61. cleo

April 20, 2015 at 9:24 pm

Chai! !!!!!!! I am not a fan of ubi, Emma or Lillian. I was glad when I heard they were engaged because I love the notion of love and marriage. But what ubi said in that interview was wrong and disrespectful. And Emma shouldn’t have lied. She should have declined comment. Ubi you spent money on her to increase the prospects of selling her talent. It is between your label and Emma, you shouldn’t have said so. That interview was wrong on all levels. Please learn some public relations skills or please hire one. Nigerian celebrities should borrow sense from Tiwa Savage. Divorce and domestic violence rumours, no word from her and baby is on the wsy. Nigerian’s have moved on. There is a reason the wise men say silence is golden. So the domestic violence is true. Hope ubi can handle the aftermath of the interview

62. Suwa

April 20, 2015 at 9:29 pm

Ubi please stop disrespecting Lillian. Everything doesn’t need to be talked about…

63. Me

April 20, 2015 at 9:50 pm

Now PART TWO. Ubi finally had to part with emma which caused a really fight amongst them which is why all of a sudden there is this anger from both sides. Now to Anty Lilian. Lilian is not who you guys think she is frankly speaking im shocked to see she settled for ubi. She moves around if you know what i mean, she’s AY’s sideshick everyone knows that. Check the comments on linda ikeji about their engagement it was mostly said you cant deny what is being repeated by a lot of people. She also moves with that footballer cant remember his name infact y’all should just go to linda ikeji dig out the post of their engagement and read the comments. The girl no dey stay one place. Her engagement with ubi is causing a lot of issues with people and friends from his side cos everyone knows lilian and what she does also where she has been so now they are having issues. She took down all the pics of them on her old IG claiming it was hacked (who are you that they are hacking biko) she quickly deleted the IG page before people would notice now she has put up another but you dont see pics of her husband to be or their engagement pic. It’s one thing to be discreet but pls its your engagement girls are way to excited about things like this that you cant even put up one picture? Hian! Even when they got engaged the news went around that she denied it. Really people? Really? Check her recent pic on IG she’s not even putting on her ring. Her friend freda francis who first announced their engagement on ig took down the pic when lilian denied the engagement then put it back up when lilian “reposted” the engagement pic ubi put on his page and of recent freda has taken it down again. Pls the drama is even more interesting than the movies she acts. Now ubi is finding out all these and running mad. So im willing to play a lil game, let’s place money on if they are both gonna make it to the altar. My money says absolutely NOT. Meanwhile ubi ‘mr one man one woman’ i can tell you the list of girls he was sleeping with when supposedly dating “his wife”. There is even a heart broken girl in london who wants to die when she found out about the engagement because she thought she was “his own”. My condolence.

• o

April 20, 2015 at 11:01 pm

Chimo!!!….. see gist oooo

• *Real* Nice Anon

April 21, 2015 at 2:20 am

Kimon! But AY has a side chick? How many of you married Lagos men are faithful sef? Na real wa! To the supposed girl in London… Take heart.

• who are you?

April 21, 2015 at 9:07 am

Nice story!!! but you sound so much like a snitch. Willing to bet your money on someone”s downfall??? What if she moves around and has now decided to stop moving. Just because she’s a public figure doesn’t mean she cant have exes just like you probably might have had as well. Its one thing to say the “ABSOLUTE TRUTH” and its another thing to be bitchy!!!.

• Suz

April 21, 2015 at 4:31 pm

That’s not the point. Whether she moved around and decided to stop moving around, the point is; she MOVED AROUND.
      Please stop trying to sweep her dirty and shameful ways under the carpet. I feel absolutely sorry for Ubi and Lilian. Actually, no. They fit each other. Same ways. Pffttt.

64. Simmie

April 20, 2015 at 10:32 pm

I like how women act oblivious when their man treated ex-girlfriends like trash and suddenly assume that man will treat them differently…Lilian watch your back!

65. Sylvia

April 20, 2015 at 10:58 pm

Ubi what about the emotional drama you put her thru?
    You need to sit down and iron things out with Emma once and for all else your marriage might suffer set backs trust me….
    You dated her, yes. But you know the pain and heart break she is going thru couple with the beating from you.
    Ask God for forgiveness because Emma will never forgive you, and why do I think your relationship with Lilian is more about money than love.

66. Lacey

April 20, 2015 at 11:46 pm

Emma correct babe! You did not see Ubi as being in a relationship! Girl you rock! Ubi you have found the love of your life.Please go ahead and marry her and leave Emma’s matter alone! Did she force you to spend the money on her? Please it’s not by force. Lilian hope you know what you are getting into sha! Emma seems to know what specs she is looking for in her man and she is a very correct babe,at least she did not lie? Dating is being in a proper relationship! She was a friend with benefit with Ubi! Smart chic!

67. fga

April 20, 2015 at 11:50 pm

BN is giving Linda Ikeji a run for her money these days. Not necessarily a bad thing. Plus I like the fact that only mature comments show up here and stories are a bit more thought out not just reposts, they have some original material here as well, like the issue-based articles, weddings, career pieces and the rest of the lot, coupled with the single-post blog style layout that makes it easy to read . Kudos to you guys and keep it up.

68. fleur

April 21, 2015 at 12:41 am

What baffles me is the childishness. Emma, what is so wrong with I dated him, it ended and I have moved on. Next Question? Why LIE? Now you are bearing a cross you should not have and it will put one more nail in your career coffin. I really don’t have anything against Ubi saying the truth. What is, is!! If he dated her, he should say so. That is all. And he did. So that is end of story. So Emma can go look for someone else after addressing her belly issues. that is all. Chikena. Nobody die or rotten. Life continues. Call a spade a spade. I effed ya and we had fun and then it did not last and we moved on and ya found someone else and great, have fun. What is the big deal?

69. An Observer

April 21, 2015 at 2:56 am

I have been around to see this relation up close and personl. And anyone who has anything to say about Emma is both misguided and severely deluded. Ubi has tortured Emma for over 3 years, with several witnesses. He has beaten her on so many occasions, humiliated her in public, left her bleeding, stalked her and threatened her career and her personal safety. Ubi was once seen chasing Emma Nyra on the street of London. And has even gone as far as biting her. She is covered in bruises and has had to perform with glasses on and a lot a makeup to cover any visible signs of battery.

For Ubi to release such a lie an call it an interview shows that he is a DEMON. Em as has taken the high road and refused to comment. Even Certain Nigerian personalities have spoken about his situation. Ubi most believe that he is untouchable to release such garbage and lies. Everything said about his violent nature and disgusting treatment of women is truth.

Emma staying and taking the abuse was foolish of her, but this seems to be the case with most battered women. Ubi has no regard for Emma Nyra as has been seen by númerous people and close friends if they had anoy conscience they would speak up and call him a LIAR. Which he is for believing he can get away with sprouting such TRASH. Iyanya and all those triple m g minions should tell the truth because they have all witnessed this rubbish going on.

Thank Gid Emma finally chopped sense and ran back to her father’s house or Ubi would have killed her and probably blamed for it

BELLA NAIJA IF YOU ARE TRULY NOT BIAS YOU WILL POST THIS CMMNET BECAUSE EVERYTHING IN IT IS TRUTH FROM AN UNBIASED OBSERVER

70. Lilo

April 21, 2015 at 3:06 am

I will be here to read part two of this Ubi Franklin story….lmao…Lilian, my condolences In advance. Like simmie noted above, don’t be oblivious when your man is being jerky to his ex cos he will be jerky to you momentarily

71. Truth

April 21, 2015 at 5:04 am

This ubi seems possessive, and just for news out there “talking ” to someone in America is not considered dating, american raised kids have a different idea of what dating is. Maybe they slept together and were cuddle bodies, but it does no equate relationship or dating. I think she broke his heart by not acknowledging him as her past man, because to her it wasn’t that and I think ubi decided to come after her and bash her indirectly. All I pray knowing both party is ubi u to treat Lilian right, or he would never see another igbo girl and fall in love, be careful of calm waters, for no not what dangerous animal lives within. good luck on your marriage, and be good to Lilian.

72. bn lover

April 21, 2015 at 8:06 am

Oh my goodness! Don’t I just love me Bella Naija. The comment was even a better read than d interview.

73. Fatimah Sanni

April 21, 2015 at 8:25 am

As far as I am concerned, Ubi did nothing wrong and Emma lied. The best she could have done was decline to comment not lie outrightly and shamelessly too.

If it was the other way round, I am sure we would be saying something different, cursing the guy and what not. Like my people say, what you have no interest in eating, do not bring it close to your nose.

• Suz

April 21, 2015 at 4:21 pm

As far as I am concerned, you’re not making sense.

74. papermoon

April 21, 2015 at 8:58 am

“When you’re dating somebody and you are the boss, there are things you can’t tell your wife or your girlfriend. But if you say it to an employee you are dating, they tend to misbehave.”

I am struggling to understand this comment above. There are things you cant tell your wife or girlfriend…….. but you can tell the employee you are huuuing and expect her to obey………. so the employee you are huuuing is not a wife nor a girlfriend so what is she? hei kiddo, ddnt you father teach you not to mix work with pleasure? when you do that you only develop relationship mutants that dont look like girlfriends or wives but you still huuuu them. now you sound confused as to exactly what it was you guys had.

75. whosai!

April 21, 2015 at 9:13 am

LMAO! I KNEW Lilian was dating or sleeping with that footballer guy! I knew it!!!! I know this chique. I was surprised at the engagement. They are just a volatile combination. hope it ends well.

76. Okay!

April 21, 2015 at 9:17 am

it it not this Lilian that has been engaged before to the footballer Omeruah………. Wearing his ring for months? .We are watching!

77. cleo

April 21, 2015 at 9:34 am

I love bellanaija comments. That is where the juice is. Just bring the headline and the comments make up the real gist.
    I love bellanaija.

78. observer

April 21, 2015 at 10:14 am

I believe Ubi because if only you have been following up his on activities you will agree with me that the guy is gentle and decent, ofcurse you don’t expect any lady to shamefully agree that she was dumped by a guy because of her silly attitudes which doesn’t defined as a wife material,no beef but I really don’t fascinate that Emma of a babe, she really need to work on her dressing, try and do without revealing parts of your body, wearing rags in place of designers. wish your and Lillian marriage Bliss Bro.

• Nne

April 21, 2015 at 4:19 pm

If you can tell someone’s character, personality and attitude, solely based on interviews, then you need deliverance. Are you making sense? My goodness.

79. duze

April 21, 2015 at 4:47 pm

I haven’t laughed this hard in ages!! The comment thread is the ish!! Forget the story, the comment section is where it’s at.

80. Ebony

April 22, 2015 at 8:58 am

I can’t even laugh. So you can go ahead dating someone for 10years and know she’s not the one but keep going? Why not wait till you meet the person you just know from day 1.
    This Lilian’s environment, I want to see it too

81. chioma

April 22, 2015 at 3:23 pm

Ubi is a straight liar. One woman man my butt. I know your truth.

82. PetiteGirlsRock

April 28, 2015 at 3:53 am

Quote me but i have a strong feeling after careful thought, research and advice Ms Esoro is going to cal off this engagement. Tis better safe than sorry missy.

I can never understand these pretty girls who end up with loosers, all in the name of i want to have wedding too. You didnt even date dude long enough to know him. Even a blind bat can tell he is not the one for you. I can call Osas and Gbengi CUTE COUPLE but i surely cant say same for Lillian and Ubi, something seems way off. Lilian you deserve way better. At first when i read the news i musta misread it and thought it was Uti, and iwas like Oh, ok, not bad, Then i realise it was this Ubi or whatever he cals himself, and i started looking all sideways like ,Hm,

there is no smoke without fire. All the rumours cant not all be lies. Emma do Lillian a favor as woman to woman and tell your story. Be honest, We want to know what happened. He said, She said and the truth.

• Sandra

July 8, 2018 at 7:54 pm

lol. I guess you were right. well, it took her a little while before running away. I don’t even know I came upon this article again. 🙂