Music

Chidinma sings against Xenophobia in “Africa We Are One”! Listen to Her New Single

Chidinma -Africa We Are One - BellaNaija - May - 2015
Recent birthday girl, Chidinma AKA Miss Kedike returns with this unifying track titled “Africa We are One“, produced by Young D.

In response to the recent xenophobic violence in South Africa, Chidinma said,

“Africa is ours to love, ours to protect and ours to develop. Music and touring has exposed me to so many parts of this wonderful, beautiful and blessed continent. I have been privileged to meet and interact with so many people from diverse cultures, tribes, religious beliefs etc. It’s truly been nothing but pure and undiluted love everywhere I set my feet on.

I have never faced discrimination on African soil. The love and encouragement from all the other African nations remains so overwhelming and brings tears to my eyes. I am successful today only because my continent enthroned me.

The situation in South Africa sets us back drastically as a continent.

I pray for peace, and I pray God heals all the families who lost loved ones or property during this trying and turbulent period. My song “Africa We are One” is my little contribution towards this healing process. Let’s learn to tolerate and love each other more”.

“Africa We Are One” is off Chidinma’s forthcoming album, to be released later this year.

Press play!

Listen to Chidinma – Africa We Are One

[audio: https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Chidinma-Africa-We-Are-One-BellaNaija-May-2015.mp3]

Download

1. EllesarisEllendil

May 4, 2015 at 1:30 pm

“The situation in South Africa sets us back drastically as a continent.”

The Holocaust set Germany back drastically look at them now, The Rape of Nanking set Japan back drastically look at them now. The “Ghana Must Go” era set us back drastically as a continent look at us now.

The day Africans stop looking for excuses and begin finding solutions the better for us and future generations

• chi-e-z

May 5, 2015 at 9:18 pm

Abeg stop with the Ghana Must go comparison thing it was retaliation for Ghana Govt. deporting lots of Nigerians first w/o reason and blaming them when economic strife came so Nigerian govt. knowing that their calous spending was getting public mad decided to follow GH govt. example the nigerian govt. @ time was problematic to both ghanians and nigerians with their scapegoating and lavish pending. This one is not govt, who have always been a problem to african ppl but the ppl themselves killing and looting from their fellow neighbors all because sm chief or wateva cmt. If you look @ the Ghana Must Go incident you’ll see it was military officers searching and chasing people. Everyone was just tired of Shagari’s govt. and he wa trying to scapegoat. to stay in power by appealing to the sentiments of Nigerians who felt wronged by Ghana’s govt. that started it first. Why everyone always mention Ghana must go like Nigeria Must go slogan wasn’t first IDK and Ghanians still say it 2day I know I’ve even heard my roommate casually say it I just ignore and continue my work. Africans hate us Nigerians but who cares. Jesus said your neighbor is the one that shows you love and kidness doesn’t have to be from the same tribe or religion. Samaritan was not of same race,tribe,or religion.

2. Nma

May 4, 2015 at 1:34 pm

Diva! She is talented. Chi bae bae

3. @edDREAMZ

May 4, 2015 at 1:56 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Will download it later…
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

4. Missy J

May 4, 2015 at 5:29 pm

I like! Song with a meaning.

• onetallgirl

May 12, 2015 at 4:26 am

Yeah its better than hearing ” her yansh dye make me craze, I will take her home and make her shout!

5. Ashley B

May 4, 2015 at 5:53 pm

The Question for me remains” How the Heck are we Africans” who can give me the definition or meaning of ”African” is it just by virtue of being black? or is it that we are one hell of a prosperous people and so we are proud of our continent ? or is there a particular typa of language that is called african and all african people speak and understand or perhaps, theres a stand out african meal that once served, all africans can indeed savour? Please what does the term ”African” really mean? Apart from a bunch of people or mentality, that imagine there will be a better tomorrow but dont see the need to do the work today!!! I stand to be corrected or educated.

• chi-e-z

May 5, 2015 at 9:30 pm

Africa is conglomeration of different tribes of people that live on the continent known as Africa. Wth is European,Australian,or American[N & S] that exactly what you just asked… stupid question. It’s like your last name there’s only so far back you can truly go to know it’ origin. I hear stories of my last name but I can’t be sure. But once you came into this world you automatically received that last name by virtue of who birth you same with African. Anyone that can trace a significant portion of their genealogy to the continent has by virtue of birth/genealogy received that honor of being deemed an African. It’s an honor since history of mankind is said to begin on this continent and traditional culture is most preserved from among all continents on African continent.

6. Igwesi Victor Ezekiel

May 5, 2015 at 9:16 am

Yes African we truelly are one xo let come together and do thing in one accord xo lets stop the killing of innocent soul cuz we are one……miss kedike I dey hail ur song keep it up.

7. ceezy

May 5, 2015 at 11:08 am

I AM PROUDLY “AFRICAN” not by skin color or language but its an inheritance, a pride in the way we do things, the sense of morality, sanity and humanity employed in different ways we do things, an attitude passed down across generation after generations of people of great mind-sets and cultural values across a continent; its bigger than a country. Now why many could choose to deny it because of the geographical location of their land mass, they may feel that they are developmentally better than other well educated sets; this is no lie but its still africans in africa (a continent). Unless your country is not within this continent (africa) out of the seven continents in the world, then you are not of african origin. And mind you the rest of the six contents already view us as a country, a people of one origin, so you can choose to deny your inheritance as much as you want to but you can’t change the african attitude latent in you, its who we are without it we are strangers living without knowing the root of our existence. According to advanced dictionary, African is a native (an indigenous person who was born in a particular place) or inhabitants (a person who dwells in a particular place) in africa (the second largest continent (one of the largest land masses of the earth); located to the south of europe and board to the west by the south atlantic and to the east by the indian ocean. EVEN though my nationality makes up as much a part of who I am as my experiences, i have made my home in Africa. It is where I was born, where I learned to stand again after falling. It is where I learned about story telling and began to imagine my own stories. It is where my grandparents are buried and where I know my parents will be laid to rest. I know It is vague to apply a single identity (africa) to an entire racial or ethnic group, much less to an entire continent (countries) But as individuals, we are each comprised of a series of contradictions. We are not evenly constructed sets of qualities but It is living with this differences, difficult choices and flaws that makes us human and keeps us interesting. It is from within contradictory existences that some of our greatest works and achievements are born. According to many writers, the question about “African-ness”. Maybe legitimate, it’s like asking someone at a party where he or she lives. The question about an African identity implies that the differences between “home” and “destination” are so stark that living in the west should be a constant negotiation between living where one must and where one really belongs? Maybe we’re not brave enough for this freedom we so much crave for but until we accept each other for who we are, maybe then we can mark territory, guided not by our differences but by the evolving power of our unity then the world will listen to hear us and know our hi-story. That’s when africa can feel a bit like home and you won’t question AfRICAN-NESS!!

8. Gerald gunguma (Geraldo=

May 5, 2015 at 1:57 pm

I love the song. Just downloaded it now