Scoop

Hot Brothers of Empire! Jussie Smollett, Trai Byers & Bryshere Gray Cover Essence Magazine’s June 2015 Issue

BellaNaija.com

11049551_10153306350177855_260198034652531336_nIs it hot in here or is it just us?

The three lead characters of hit TV series Empire, who act as brothers; Jussie Smollet, Trai Byers and Bryshere ‘Yazz’ Gray are the cover stars of Essence magazine’s latest issue.

The June 2015 ‘Vacation’ issue prepares its readers for what is being called the sexiest summer ever!

Essence magazine puts the Lyon brothers on four covers with each actor getting one cover and then a group cover.

In the magazine they chat about different things from how Jussie Smollet (Jamal Lyon) got his role to Bryshere Gray (Hakeem Lyon) being interested in youth mentoring and to how Trai Byers (Andre Lyon) keeps his body in shape.

11013587_10153306287127855_4839128361898735022_n

To find out more about the ‘Lyon brothers’ be sure to pick up a copy of the June issue of Essence magazine.

Photo Credit: Essence Magazine

1. @edDREAMZ

May 12, 2015 at 4:07 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
    For the ladies….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• Seriously

May 12, 2015 at 5:31 pm

Actually for the men, 2 of them are gay. I don’t understand the hype of the empire show, it’s just a fad

• yetunde

May 14, 2015 at 10:25 am

just what i thought, the show is just a total fad. the hype is ridiculous.

Trust NIgerians to jump on every bandawagon. mscheew

2. brown-ice

May 12, 2015 at 4:09 pm

OMFG! I love Jamal the most. Dude you’re gay but one night with me, you’ll be damn straight, tell luscious I said so. Love love love

3. Ann

May 12, 2015 at 4:11 pm

my jamal…lol

4. victoria

May 12, 2015 at 4:17 pm

the last one on the right is the cutest in the first pictue

5. Austar

May 12, 2015 at 4:19 pm

JAMAL LYON!!! My everyday crush………. These boys are so foineeee

6. Beeeee

May 12, 2015 at 4:23 pm

All i am gonna say is, Yummmmmmy!

7. bruno smollet

May 12, 2015 at 4:24 pm

I’m in love with jussie smollet. he is too cute.

8. gwen

May 12, 2015 at 4:38 pm

Damn, Andre is smoking…hottt!!!! How come i never noticed….hmmm

9. Ebony

May 12, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Am I the only one that thinks Empire is overrated?
    A bit slimy and over acted? Especially with these guys. I still watch and love it though

• bokun

May 12, 2015 at 7:33 pm

Dats true. I think it targets a paticularly audience. I watched it cause of the A listers. But desappointed dat the script or directing seemed to put a cap on their ability to bring their A star talent.

• Khaleesi

May 13, 2015 at 7:36 am

Seconded @Ebony. Way too overrated
      I started watching it when it was insinuated that its in direct competition with Scandal…. Buh nah, Empire is full of stereotypical cliches. #Buh amo stillwatch 🙂 😉

• Khaleesi

May 13, 2015 at 7:38 am

*stereotypes & cliches

• yetunde

May 14, 2015 at 10:27 am

like! how can any sane person compare Scandal with EMpire?? the shows have nothing in common. NIgerians just love unnecessary hype.

• nwanyi na aga aga

May 13, 2015 at 2:51 pm

I concur 100%. Empire is grossly overrated like Lagos..Too much noise no substance..so many cliches..Hian! I will watch Blackish 7times more than empire biko

10. Fols

May 12, 2015 at 4:47 pm

#Didyouknow Jussie Smollet (Jamal Lyon) is a brother to Jurnee Smollett (the babe in Tyler Perry’s Confessions of a Marriage Counselor who cheated on her husband in the movie). Also, Jussie is gay in real life.

• tunmi

May 12, 2015 at 5:15 pm

I was wondering if they were related. Oooh they are both talented actors

• polypoly

May 12, 2015 at 6:05 pm

u know what…..pull out a chair, sit and allow me to REEAAAADDD U UR MIRANDA RIGHTS!!!

You don’t have the right to comment BS on this Blog.
      You don’t have the right to do a #didYouknow psa when not requested by the BN team.
      You have the rights to a rehab facility for mugus on social media.
      You have right to a church, where you shall fast & pray for all gay people, so God can help them find love and acceptance from goats like urself.
      You have the right continue ur zunga tendencies…hisss

who asked you if he was gay in real life?? he never hidden that from anyone, and it doesn’t matter cos he is acting a role. …and please cant men and women admire a person for their talent and beauty??? ughhh….please dress back abeg

• aanonymous

May 13, 2015 at 12:32 am

@poly. Your right ends when it begins to infringe on others right. IT’S A BLOG YOUR STUPID OPINION IS WELCOMED AS WELL AS OTHERS. SO TAKE SEVERAL BACK SEATS. NO ONE GIVES A COPPER PENNY FOR YOUR OPINION ON THIS HERE BLOG. MIRANDA RIGHTS MY ***.YOUR RIGHT TO SWING YOUR FIST ENDS WERE THE OTHER MANS NOSE BEGINS .DATS YOUR OLIVER WENDELL HOLMES RIGHTS. YOU’VE BEEN SERVED.

11. Tru

May 12, 2015 at 4:59 pm

Oy…

12. Ij

May 12, 2015 at 5:12 pm

I’m so in love with the series EMPIRE especially Jussie Smollet

• Lisa

May 19, 2015 at 10:20 pm

Hi!

13. Ann

May 12, 2015 at 5:13 pm

and u had to spoil the fun! chai

14. khamila

May 12, 2015 at 5:24 pm

am i the only one who finds hakeem’s character very interesting and fun too? He is sort of carefree and i love him for that. jamal is all shades of fine and hawt tho!!! damn

15. Ivy

May 12, 2015 at 5:25 pm

HE MAKES THE GIRLS GO……DRIP DROP! *faints*

16. wagamama

May 12, 2015 at 5:26 pm

Hey Trai Byers (Andre Lyon),

Just in case you ever get to read this…… (which i doubt, but whatever! A girl can dream..)
    I know you’re single….. (You have a babe, not a wife. In Nigeria, you are classified as “SINGLE”)
    I have a return first class ticket waiting for you….(if you want private jet, i get am!)
    Just come over, lets chill…..
    No hanky pinky involved…. (I AM A CHRIST BELIVEING CHRIS….)
    The weather here in abuja is getting chilly now…..
    And it keeps raining…..
    All i want is hug…
    and a cuddle….
    And someone to eat suya with….. (I have a guy)
    call me: 080wagamama or mail: [email protected]/yahoo/hotmail.com

P.S: I want two kids….

Love,
    The girl you dreamt of last night.

• bissy

May 20, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Too late he’s dating Anika (booboo kitty) in real life

17. @lolipop

May 12, 2015 at 5:36 pm

jamal is not gay biko….do ur research b4 spreading rumours cos he plays gay doesnt equally mean hes gay ooo!!!

• twinkle

May 13, 2015 at 9:21 am

He is 100% gay love 100% take it to the bank!

18. Miss CaramelD

May 12, 2015 at 5:39 pm

Well helloooooo.

19. Mrs M

May 12, 2015 at 6:14 pm

Jamal, my Man crush…. fine boy! better pickin!

20. dobzi

May 12, 2015 at 7:03 pm

It sure is hot in here, pheeww *fans self*

Check out my makeup blog
    dobzifingers.blogspot.com/?m=1

21. bokun

May 12, 2015 at 7:24 pm

Naaaaah too pretty.

22. eyejee

May 13, 2015 at 12:52 am

He actually is gay. Do your research

23. Dee-USA

May 13, 2015 at 4:26 am

Who are the two gay people @ Seriously?

If you watched sitcoms in the ’90s in Lagos, you may remember the comedy show On Our Own starring the entire Smollett siblings as the younger siblings being raised by their older brother, played by comedian Ralph Louis Harris, when their parents died. You can Youtube the show for a trip down memory lane. Anyway it was Jussie, Jurnee, Jesse, Jazz, Jo Jo, Jake and Jocqui the baby. There was also a dog, think it was a British Bulldog or so. I loved watching them, unfortunately it was canceled (in the U.S.) after just one season.

24. Tomisin Magz

Tosin "Magz" Akingboye

May 13, 2015 at 8:08 am

The Lord is wonderful!!!!

See these fine species of male gender! Damn! What is on my mind is too graphic for BN, i think i need a shower

25. Kay

May 13, 2015 at 8:31 am

Biko, my fellow naija’s why do u like drinking panadol ontop another person’s headache? Jamal is cute with d dimples, Hakeem is in a world of his own, Andre he try wella. But how e take concern us if them be gay, bent or straight? Nawa ooo

26. aaewhy

May 13, 2015 at 8:35 am

This guy’s are smoking hot especially jussie so sad he’s gay, but yazz and trai are straight though, so there’s still hope. Love hakeem with all the care free swagged up attitude

27. Paloma

May 13, 2015 at 8:49 am

Jamal is jt too cute… and i love it when he sings 😉 i hope he isnt gay real life…

28. honey

May 13, 2015 at 9:15 am

He is gay. You should be the one doing your research.

29. bruno

May 13, 2015 at 9:18 am

jussie smollet (jamal) is gay in real life. every body knows, long time ago. he said it in an interview. he is the only one that is gay out of the sons on empire. the remaining two guys are straight.
    so stop decieving ur selves. just because he doesn’t act like a diva that doesn’t mean he isn’t gay. gay people come in all different shapes and sizes and behaviours. stop judging based on stereotypes u see on tv.

I haven’t watched empire but I have read the plot and its sounds so cliché. it doesnt sound intelligent or complex. its a kind if show black people will like. basic and easy to understand.

rich father has 3 sons and he’s looking for someone who will inhetit his company. how many times have nigerian movies used that same plot.

to each his own tho. someone like me I love intelligent matured shows like mad men and
    the knick. intelligent comedies like silicon valley and orange is the new black

30. twinkle

May 13, 2015 at 9:23 am

Only Jamal is gay, Andre is dating his step mum in real life bobokitty (Grace) and Hakeem, loves women! no boundries, young old etc hee said “i dont discriminate” hahaha Love them all but Jamal is my number 1.

31. ednutey

May 13, 2015 at 10:07 am

BN!!!! and u just had to break sombody’s fast with these pictures????Ah! Lawd have mercy#swallowsspit.

Issorait….

Empire is one series I can watch again and again and again….Taraji is a world-class act,and Terence?he’s in another zone entirely.

32. jefka

May 13, 2015 at 11:22 am

pls is it just me or did anyone notice that Hakeem rubs a noticeable amount of lip gloss on his lips always………………

33. Iyun

May 13, 2015 at 12:44 pm

OH MY MY!! All shades of cuteness but Jamal y did you choose to be gay tho? All these hotness for guys like you? *Sadmuch but I still have mad love for you, I GAT you..